The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Star Crossed
Art and Arcana: A Visual History
OSR Solo
Disciples of Bone & Shadow: Core Rules
Run Faster
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Ticket of Leave #14: Hark, Now Hear the Sailors Cry
Ironsworn
D&D Essentials Kit
Beamswords and Bazookas
Ninth World Bestiary 3
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
The Engagement of Adelaide Endicott
Spookshow
Domains of Dread
HR5: The Glory of Rome Campaign Sourcebook
The Adventurer's Toolkit
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Shadows of a Black Sun
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
Numenera: Starter Set
The Wizard's Scroll (Issue 1)
Amazing Tales
Thousand Year Old Vampire
100 Books to Find on a Pugmire Bookshelf
The Sunken Village of Little Corth
MH-13: Decades: One-Shot Adventures
Highfell
Escape from the Coven of the Setting Sun
GMaid
Through Ultan's Door (Issue 2 - Jun 19)
MHHA-3: Infinity Warriors
Blightburg
Players Handbook (AD&D 1e)
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
Monster Manual (AD&D 1e)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 4e)
Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
Fiend Folio
Arcane Power
The Enemy Within Campaign Volume 1: Shadows Over Bögenhafen
Manual of the Planes
Angmar: Land of the Witch King
Call of Cthulhu (6th Edition)
Dread
Wilderness Survival Guide
Deities & Demigods
Greyhawk Adventures
Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
146 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying: Basic Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: A town called Grant [Avengers - Issue #2c]. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Game Wiki
Avengers [OOC]

“It's undignified.” Beast was sitting hunched over in the back of the Jeep.
“Don't talk to me about undignified,” Emma responded, “Here I am, sitting in some old Jeep, I even think it has an NRA bumper-sticker on it.”
“Yeah, but at least you get to sit in a seat.”
Beast was not happy, they had travelled to the town in the most incognito way they possibly could, which meant, for him, hiding in the back of the car.

For the last couple of weeks they had worked together trying to find Ms. Marvel. They were a good team. Dr. McCoy had used his knowledge of technology to search various information sources, while Emma Frost had used her mental powers on anyone they expected to know anything. What had first looked like a poor lead, eventually turned out to be their only lead. Through different channels they had found some communications that must have been from various parts of the fake-SHIELD organization, some of it even to and from Ms. Marvel. In this communications there was often talk of “Grant”. “Take it to Grant”, “Grant must see to this”, “This is Grant's problem”, and so on. Beasts and Emma's search to find this Grant was fruitless – until a lucky accident. Driving to a lecture at Harvard, Beast had passed a sign to a small town called Grant. Perhaps this was what the communications talked about. So now they were here, in Grant.

Grant was a small suburban town, quiet and pleasant. Its only distinguishing feature, and somewhat out of place, is a small military facility in the north of town. Checking with Maria Hill at SHIELD, the base actually had been used by SHIELD a decade of go, but records no longer exists.

With careful grace Emma lifts the binoculars to her eyes and looks over to the military base. It seemed lightly guarded. There was barely a fence, and two soldier were guarding the entrance.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: A town called Grant
As I am sure you can see, the third character, Thing, hasn't been introduced yet. I am unsure how to do it. So I think the first order of business is to find a way to work him into the story. He can be there in the car with you, if we find out why he has joined you. Or he can be nearby, and get drawn in as the action starts. Ideas?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hoefle
Germany
Ebersbach
Bayern
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

How about the FF got involved somehow and sent Thing and Johnny Storm to go and have a look at Grant. Somehow the Thing and Johnny got separated.

The Thing has been waiting for the Torch for over 2 hours now. He is very grumpy and has tried to flag down a few cars to hitchhike as his car broke down and even he cant fix it.

Now. He stands there in the middle of the road and has sworn that the next big enough car will stop or he will stop it..
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Swinging her binoculars to the right, Emma sees something very strange. Down the road, the one going out off town, she sees Thing. He is just standing there, thumb in the air.

OK Tom. Let's go with your idea. He and Torch went to Grant because Richard Reed had found out that some strange materials had been shipped there. Thing and Human Torch found nothing. The night before they were to leave, Human Torch disappeared. Thing isn't worried though, Torch said he was going to a party, and Thing figures he went home with someone.

Also Tom, could you put OOC stuff in grey? Makes it easier to seperate from the in-game posts.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hoefle
Germany
Ebersbach
Bayern
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will try to do so
Hope this works with the ipad
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
I use Ipad, and it works fine. If you take a look at the format of my post, you can see that you really don't need to pick a color, you can just type grey.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Hank." Emma says, raising one eyebrow behind the binoculars. "Please tell me wandering around this dull part of America hasn't sent me insane. I'm sure I can see The Thing, and it looks like he's hitching a lift. Maybe we should see what he wants... at least that might liven things up a little."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thing what is he doing in these parts? Beast looks in his binoculars and sees thing. Man, we are going in in stealth mode and Thing is just hanging around. We better stop, but I don't think we have any room left in the back with me for him.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
We need Emma, behind the wheel, to drive up to Thing.

Then we need them to decide to work together.

Then we need a plan for getting into, or investigating the base.

Then we can get to the meat of the mission.

Remember that this is a pbf, so the back and forth can be difficult. Feel fred to take a step further with your post, push the action forward.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Emma, Beast says, hurry up to him and pick him up. As the jeep drives close to Thing, beast quickly says. Hey Thing it's us, but since we are here on a covert up it's not such a good thing for you to just wonder about on the road, so get in and we will discuss what is happening after that.

As Thing enters the jeep the car is handing down even more, a seat needs to be ripped out to make sufficient place for him but the group succeeds although it's now rather cramped in the car. Beast explains what is going on and why they need to keep themselves out of sight. Then he asks what Thing is doing here.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hoefle
Germany
Ebersbach
Bayern
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reed told us that some strange things were delivered here and Johnny and I were sent to investigate. But now hes gone - damn kid.


The Thing shows them the storage building where those strange materials are supposed to be.

I tell you i watched the depot for a while and nobody came in and none out. I wanted to wait for backup before barging in. So what do you say ? Shall we take a closer look?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I saw two guards in the base, but SHIELD say it is disused. Let's approach from a different angle, see how close we can get before... well.." Emma looks at Thing. "...before they spot you."

She drives the jeep in a wide circle around the base, looking for an approach that might be unseen by any guards.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That's sounds like a plan to me Emma.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Driving around you see that the camp is not that large, the size of perhaps three football fields. It is surrounded by the town on three sides, while it has some fields on the fourth side.

The entire base has a fence peremiter, you see no towers and the fence will not keep out a dedicated intruder. There is also only the one entrance at the front.

Inside the base you see a couple of barracks, a small office building, and a couple of depots.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Emma leads the team up the fence, keeping out of sight from anyone who might be looking around. She stops to concentrate, psychic tendrils spreading over the base to detect whoever may be present.

(shall I make a roll for that?)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Sure go a head.

I usually advice that if you think you should make a roll, just do it. It saves time, and We don't waste time with the back and forth with me.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As she reaches out for signs of life Emma plans the team's way in, trying to find any patrols that may be watching.

Team D10 1d10 = (2) = 2
One Step Ahead D8 1d8 = (3) = 3
Telepathy D10 1d10 = (5) = 5

That's 8 with a D10 effect. Seems Emma's not so good when she's not blasting people in combat.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 179459. Scrowe
  • 1d10 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:26 pm
  • [+]
  • 179460. Scrowe
  • 1d8 =
  • (3) =
  • 3
  • Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:26 pm
  • [+]
  • 179461. Scrowe
  • 1d10 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:26 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Doom pool: 1d6 + 1d6 = (5) + (5) = 10


Searching with her mind Emma sense a two dozen guards and scientists around the base. Some are patroling, but their rout is easy to track. She can feel the presence of other things as well, but it is distant, and she can't pin-point it.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 179772. karlkrlarsson
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (5) + (5) =
  • 10
  • Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:47 am
Tom Hoefle
Germany
Ebersbach
Bayern
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Im still here but i see now way the Thing could do something now....

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm not sure we're going to sneak our way in, but we can take out some of those guards before they know what's hit them... but maybe we should try and leave them alive at least."

Emma leads the team round behind one of the depots, she waits for a patrol to walk past then gives the signal.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Xorron wrote:
Im still here but i see now way the Thing could do something now....



That is perfectly OK, but you can add flavour. Like: Thing is restless and kracks his knuckles. When the other turns to see what the rocky sound was, he looks embaressed, "Sorry", he says meekly.

Or something like that.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Just give me a description of how you take out the guards. No need for a full combat encounter. I'll roll the dice after that.

Where in the base are you headed?

Don't feel afraid of taking huge assumptions, just bring your characters further into the base with your roleplaying.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Crowe
United Kingdom
Sheffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. I was going slow to let Brad or Tom interact. Either of you guys want to describe how we take down the guards?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry bit busy, will jump in as soon as possible or when needed, but still following closely.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Beast grolls, it won't be to easy to get in there, I was already thinking of that when we came out here, but with two it's even harder. But we need to go for it. They find a spot and let Emma get a feel of the surroundings, when they get their clear they make their run for it.

They run out to the walls and quickly they get over it. They are luckily that there aren't to much guards in their way but suddenly Emma is face to face with one. Luckely for her but unlucky for the guard he is now sandwitched by Beast and Thing. They quickly get the unconscious man tied and out of sight and proceed their way in the facility.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.