Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Small Otti accepts the terms, an alarm bell of sorts rings off in Daggert's head. Wasn't this halfling supposed to be famous for ripping people off, and here he is happy to be bartered from 50 down to 14 gold. Something seems off.

Reaching into his pouch, Daggert smiles, I'm happy we have a deal! What time shall we begin boarding?. Dropping the gold into Otti's outstretched hand, Daggert attempts to sense if anything is amiss.

Sense Motive 1d20-1 = (2) - 1 = 1

But as he focuses on Otti, he can't stop noticing the large piece of chicken wedged between his teeth, and all other thoughts seem to get pushed aside.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 181163. MikeHadfield
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (2) - 1 =
  • 1
  • Sense Motive
  • Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:26 am
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Totally distracted, Daggert seems to think the transaction has gone very well, and clearly Otti is happy to have been of service.

1d20+3 = (2) + 3 = 5
1d20+3 = (19) + 3 = 22

After smiling, Otti even says that despite the low fare, he'll be willing to provide food on the day-long trip to Escadar.

Assuming no one has any pressing business...

The group quickly gets loaded onto the small merchant ship that doubles as a fishing vessel, and begin the rather scenic and enjoyable trip north.

The warm day, clear air, and gentle water gives the group the best part of the trip they've had yet. Rees seems to be very relaxed as well, and makes small talk with the group and the crew.

There's no need for funds on the day-long trip, as Otti actually provides a lunch for his fares, consisting of roast turkey, fresh spiced potatoes, and a mild spiced ale (tasty but just about impossible to get drunk on).

Finally, towards the end of the day, the port city of Escadar comes into view.

Escadar is the war port of Absalom, located on the Isle of Erran north of Kortos. It houses Absalom’s navy and is strategically placed away from Absalom’s treacherous Flotsam Graveyard. Furthermore, those nations intent on blockading Absalom must also deal with Escadar, for word spreads quickly, and Escadar’s armada can come to Absalom’s aid on short order.

Along with the primarily military population, Escadar is also home to many gillmen (or Low Azlanti, as they call themselves). These amphibious humanoids have set up an embassy within the town, and it is with this organization the Pathfinder Society plans to trade Azlanti artifacts. The gillmen have agreed to meet the party at a waterside tavern called the Grindylow’s Goblet, which is right on the waterfront.

Upon docking, the group disembarks and Rees immediately calls for a gillman messenger (who was apparently waiting for your arrival) to send word to the embassy that they are prepared to meet.

Nodding towards the large building that looks more like a large converted warehouse than a tavern, Rees says "Ok, we should have a bit of time to settle in there, but be on your guard. We don't know what the gillmen may be up to. If the exchange is good, no problem. If the item they want to trade is a fake, the code phrase I'll use is: 'A unusual item'.

"If I say that, it means they are trying to scam us, and I'm about to flip the table and we'll try to get out of there. Sound good?"


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 181298. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (2) + 3 =
  • 5
  • Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:31 pm
  • [+]
  • 181299. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (19) + 3 =
  • 22
  • Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:31 pm
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you think it likely? Likely that they'll try to scam us I mean? I don't know much about these gillmen, but you seem to think there's a chance things might come to blows.

Also, do we have a bit of time to swing by the gillman embassy? Or are we a bit pressed for time here?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rees shrugs, then whispers "Anything can happen. With the Aspis Consortium trying to steal artifacts from the Society, it's best to be cautious. And going to the embassy directly would be a mistake--they told us to meet them at the tavern. The runner I sent went to the embassy to get them."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good. This is your area of expertise after all.

Tightening his belt, Daggert gives his cloudy left eye a rub and prepares to follow Rees.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The sounds of a busy tavern echo off the wooden walls of this unusual building. Resting precariously over Escadar’s harbor, the Grindylow’s Goblet offers an unequaled view of the water.

In the bar’s center, a thick glass aquarium presents a striking display. Within the tank, a coral statue of a goblin with the lower body of an octopus hosts a school of colorful fish that flit about the nooks and crannies of its tentacles.

Two human servers are carrying drink and food to the tavern's six patrons at the moment, and several other patrons are sitting around the bar being tended to by the female bartender.

Looking around a moment, Rees heads to an open table, and takes a seat.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Feeling confident, Daggert gazes around the bar, focusing on the other patrons. Any gillmen here? Any folks who look particularly fearsome or whom might be armed?

Thinking that trouble might be coming, Daggert removes his two shortspears and lays them against the table in easy reach. He then loosens his sword in his scabbard and ponders whether a mug of ale would help things along.

Changing his mind, Daggert decides that perhaps he can play the bodyguard. Getting out of his chair he straps on his shield and stands at attention behind Rees. He spent hours standing at attention at the enclave, a few minutes here will be nothing.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
As usual, Célestin stays at some distance trying to keep being undetected while observing his surroundings.

Stealth 1d20+5 = (1) + 5 = 6
Perception 1d20+3 = (20) + 3 = 23
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 181928. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (1) + 5 =
  • 6
  • Stealth
  • Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:38 pm
  • [+]
  • 181929. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (20) + 3 =
  • 23
  • Perception
  • Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:38 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Célestin looks around carefully, noting that the cute bartender is watching the group closely, and is a gillwoman. Then he trips over a chair, drawing people's snickers. Strangely, the gillwoman remains quiet and watchful.

Moments later, two well-armed gill people enter. A male, carrying an ornate box carefully, and a dour looking woman who is trying to look everywhere at once with her hand resting on her sword hilt.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daggert nods at the Low Azlanti as they enter, but remains standing near Rees. He doesn't notice the bartender at all.

Focusing intently on the pair, Daggert attempt to assess if they are evil or not by casting Detect Evil.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel sits calmly. She likes the view of the water and finds the fish tank soothing. She scans the room & especially the gill people, staying alert to anything threatening or strange.

Perception: 1d20+8 = (10) + 8 = 18
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 182190. jatang
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (10) + 8 =
  • 18
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:26 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daggert gets the unmistakable response to his spell--they are both quite evil indeed.

The gillmen nod at the group and the male carrying the bundle introduces himself as Shoalo; the other, a muscular female gillman named Ahrmisa, remains silent and stoic.

Shoalo sits at the table opposite Rees, and places his package on it.
Ahrmisa stands behind him, eyeing everything suspiciously.

Rees places a bundled cloth on the table. Slowly, they switch items, and both unwrap their items.

Merisel, watching very closely, notices that Shoalo only takes cursory glance at the Pathfinders’ offering, then his eyes shift to the bartender.

Rees studies the item, 1d20+11 = (16) + 11 = 27, smiles in a relaxed way, and says,

"What an interesting piece. Thank you for bringing this."

The gillmen seem to relax at that.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 182265. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+11 =
  • (16) + 11 =
  • 27
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:21 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Initiative:
Flinder 1d20+2 = (10) + 2 = 12
Célestin 1d20+4 = (16) + 4 = 20
Merisel 1d20+3 = (13) + 3 = 16
Daggert 1d20+3 = (14) + 3 = 17
Rees 1d20+1 = (12) + 1 = 13

bartender 1d20+6 = (9) + 6 = 15
Shoala 1d20+1 = (6) + 1 = 7
Ahrmisa 1d20+1 = (13) + 1 = 14



Initiative:

Célestin 20
Daggert 17
Merisel 16
bartender 15
Ahrmisa 14
Rees 13
Flinder 12
Shoala 7

Célestin up!
 

additional patrons not shown
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 182268. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (10) + 2 =
  • 12
  • Flinder
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:24 pm
  • [+]
  • 182269. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (16) + 4 =
  • 20
  • Célestin
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:25 pm
  • [+]
  • 182270. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (13) + 3 =
  • 16
  • Merisel
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:25 pm
  • [+]
  • 182271. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (14) + 3 =
  • 17
  • Daggert
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:26 pm
  • [+]
  • 182272. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (12) + 1 =
  • 13
  • Rees
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:26 pm
  • [+]
  • 182273. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (9) + 6 =
  • 15
  • bartender
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 182274. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (6) + 1 =
  • 7
  • Shoala
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:27 pm
  • [+]
  • 182275. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (13) + 1 =
  • 14
  • Ahrmisa
  • Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:28 pm
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Knowing that evil has entered the room Daggert attempts to catch the eye of Merisel and Flinder to signal that the gillpeople may attempt something. He then shifts his hand on to his sword hilt and prepares for anything.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Célestin, his hand on the hilt of his rapier delays his action in case of any foul play.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daggert will ready an action. If either of the gillpeople in front of him look to get violent or start casting a spell, Daggert will step forward and Bash them with his shield(+4, 1d3+3).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel up!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Célestin, his hand on the hilt of his rapier delays his action in case of any foul play.

He's sure there will be foul play--after all, Rees just gave the signal that the item is a fake.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
eddie_drood wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Célestin, his hand on the hilt of his rapier delays his action in case of any foul play.

He's sure there will be foul play--after all, Rees just gave the signal that the item is a fake.

OOC: wasn't the signal 'A unusual item'?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel delays. She senses Daggert indicating that something is amiss, but has not seen anything specific. She will not attack.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
eddie_drood wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Célestin, his hand on the hilt of his rapier delays his action in case of any foul play.

He's sure there will be foul play--after all, Rees just gave the signal that the item is a fake.

OOC: wasn't the signal 'A unusual item'?

Ah that threw me too, I thought that Rees was actually telling us everything was ok

I was actually a bit unsure why we went into initiative if everything was going so smooth!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
eddie_drood wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Célestin, his hand on the hilt of his rapier delays his action in case of any foul play.

He's sure there will be foul play--after all, Rees just gave the signal that the item is a fake.

OOC: wasn't the signal 'A unusual item'?

ugh you are right. Sorry about that. My focus is lacking a bit today. Feel free to do- over actions if you wish.

See:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/857276/rip-tiger-2001-20... for why I'm distracted.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
eddie_drood wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
eddie_drood wrote:
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
Célestin, his hand on the hilt of his rapier delays his action in case of any foul play.

He's sure there will be foul play--after all, Rees just gave the signal that the item is a fake.

OOC: wasn't the signal 'A unusual item'?

ugh you are right. Sorry about that. My focus is lacking a bit today. Feel free to do- over actions if you wish.

See:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/857276/rip-tiger-2001-20... for why I'm distracted.

Oh Eddie I'm really sorry. Losing a pet is so hard. It sounds like Tiger had a really great life.

As far as the game, I kind of like the idea that Rees messed up the code-word and left the pathfinders somewhat in the dark.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you. And actually, that makes for a cool idea. Everyone shifting around nervously...ok, we will play that.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The bartender seems to relax, and returns to pacing the bar; with a nod, she indicates to the other two gill men that it is time to go.

Ahrisma nods and turns to head out the door, but waits for her companion to rise with the artifact.

Rees holds his smile, then suddenly flips the table, tossing the real artifact by the aquarium--and right by Flinder 's feet. Drawing a sword from his cane!

"How dare you try to unload junk on us!" Rees shouts.


Now that everyone but Rees is surprised, those holding actions can go now if desired, and then Flinder.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  6 , 7 , 8 , 9 , 10  Next »  [10] |