Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone else want to do anything before departing the city?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The morning comes early, and the party, now well equipped for the road, along with Nestor Rees, who also carries a pouch of potions, rations, and cold weather gear, head out on the road north under the heavy gray clouds that may promise rain later in the day.

The group keeps up a lively pace, good for covering ground without becoming exhausted. Past the outskirts of Absalom, the group enters the Cairnlands, a broken landscape of blood-salted earth and the ruins of countless failed assaults on Absalom’s walls. Having trod through such paths before, the group quickly winds its way past the ruins, leaving untold places for another day.

Another few hours on the trail, and the terrain soon yields to open fields and fertile ground. Ahead, a vast forest covers the foothills of large range of snow-capped mountains in the distance. The well-trodden road soon ends at a tall wall of trees, signaling the end of civilization and true begining of the journey.

As the party approaches the forboding tree line, a heavy male voice calls out from the edge of the woods.

"Hail, travellers! I would speak with you a moment, and mean no harm! If you agree, I shall step out and we can talk! If not, be on your way, and I'll not trouble you further!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel nocks an arrow to her bow, just in case.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
"Show us your face then, it's always more pleasant to talk this way!" Célestin replies back, his hand already on the hilt of his rapier.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From the edge of the woods about 100 ft away, three massive centaurs, all armed and armoured, appear. Two of them have their bows out, but resting at their sides, the third has a longspear resting on his shoulder.

They seem now to be waiting and watching the group.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Célestin, who is on his horse, adresses the centaurs: "Unless you mean us harm, there is no need for any of us to point arrows at each other," he says, looking at them, then at Merisel.

"You wanted to ask us something, didn't you?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The spear-wielding centaur shakes his head.

"No, human. We have no interest in confrontation, which this seems likely to bring. Travel well."

With that, the centaurs move slowly back into the forest and out of sight.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
As they turn away, Célestin raises his voice and says: "You've misunderstood! We seek neither harm nor confrontation ourselves. We're coming in peace!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From out of the shadowy woods, the voice echos,
"Then be cautious! For not all things in this forest are likely to say the same. We hunt something, but it may hunt us. Be careful in your journey!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
"Good hunting to you! We'll keep your wise words in mind and remain cautious!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel asks, "What do you hunt?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jatang wrote:
Merisel asks, "What do you hunt?"

The voice, fading into the west, replies "We don't know. A cat? Fare well!"

and with that, they are gone.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, that was too bad. Always loved centaurs. They are amazing creatures, yes. We continue now?"

Flinder tries to see if there is anything besides the centaurs in the west.

Flinder perception 1d20+2 = (17) + 2 = 19
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 174877. Narl
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (17) + 2 =
  • 19
  • Flinder perception
  • Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:23 pm
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel wonders "A cat? Does anyone have a guess as to what that might mean?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Peering west reveals nothing beyond rolling hills and terrain growing rougher. Looking south west reveals a rather nice view of the deceptively dangerous Cairnlands. Due south are the spires of Absalom. To the east, more of the Cairnlands and the forest's edge.

Returning his gaze to the north, Flinder sees a dark forest, with snow-capped jagged mountains looming behind them...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daggert appears rather bemused by the entire encounter. Centaurs eh! Never could understand em. Shall we carry on?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The rest of the day is very slow going, as the trail is really more of a path a rabbit used once long ago. As daylight fades, the group is 15 miles through the forest, and has miles to go before you are free of the gloom.

Nothing has harrassed the group, though you've heard strange sounds: growls, and once something that sounded like someone banging boulders together. But, by sticking to the map, the group avoids whatever those unfriendlies may have been, and find themselves near a 10 ft wide stream as the sun sets.

The group discusses camping or continuing...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel says, "We're making good progress during the day, so there's no need for us to go blundering about in the dark. Let's camp here. I can take first watch."

She has been on the lookout for prey while they've been traveling and hopefully has brought down something for the stewpot.

Survival: 1d20+6 = (20) + 6 = 26
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 174951. jatang
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (20) + 6 =
  • 26
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:17 am
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel has no trouble catching some rabbits for the group's dinner. While she's hunting a few hundred yards upstream from the group's camp, she finds the half-eaten carcass of a large deer stains the forest’s foliage near a fast moving stream.

Merisel identifies several rake marks scar the carcass, suggesting a powerful feline felled this animal. Further, she finds fresh paw indentations in the forest’s dirt floor leading to a large oak tree trunk that bridges the gap over the river.

Holding her rabbits and looking aroudn carefully, Merisel can feel something watching her...waiting. Moving with less noise than a breeze in the leaves, Merisel circles the area once more, and finally spies a large black cat with violet eyes, perched in a large tree 50 ft away, watching her steadily.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Daggert nods his head quickly at Merisel's words. Agreed agreed. There's fresh water here, and fuel for a fire. I'll take first watch.

Daggert sets to gathering up some fuel and starting the beginnings of a campfire.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel wonders if this is the cat the centaurs mentioned? If it has just eaten, it will not be hungry and should leave them alone. She respects its right to be in the forest. When she returns to camp, she lets the others know what she has seen.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Célestin is taking the 2nd watch then.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder agrees. So far things go well, if they keep watch during the night everyone can get a good rest.

"If you do not mind Mérisel, I will take last watch, leaves you the third watch."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1d3 = (1) = 1
1d20+10 = (20) + 10 = 30
1d5 = (2) = 2


The group settles in for the night, building a fire and cooking the coneys with some 'taters.

As everyone pulls up their blankets to ward off the night chill, Merisel paces the camp quietly, watching for signs of trouble...
Perception 1d20+8 = (9) + 8 = 17

Everything is quiet until a cry goes up from in the camp! Spinning around, Merisel sees a shadow with violet eyes and bloody claws, standing over the blankets of Célestin!

claw dmg 1d4 + 1d4 = (1) + (3) = 4

Flinder: 1d20+2 = (15) + 2 = 17
Célestin: 1d20+4 = (7) + 4 = 11
Daggert: 1d20+3 = (4) + 3 = 7
Merisel: 1d20+3 = (11) + 3 = 14
beast: 1d20+6 = (4) + 6 = 10
Rees: 1d20+1 = (5) + 1 = 6


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 175039. eddie_drood
  • 1d3 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 175042. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+8 =
  • (9) + 8 =
  • 17
  • Perception
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:12 pm
  • [+]
  • 175043. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+10 =
  • (20) + 10 =
  • 30
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 pm
  • [+]
  • 175044. eddie_drood
  • 1d5 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:15 pm
  • [+]
  • 175047. eddie_drood
  • 1d4 + 1d4 =
  • (1) + (3) =
  • 4
  • claw dmg
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:17 pm
  • [+]
  • 175048. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (15) + 2 =
  • 17
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 pm
  • [+]
  • 175049. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+4 =
  • (7) + 4 =
  • 11
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:19 pm
  • [+]
  • 175052. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (4) + 3 =
  • 7
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 175053. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (11) + 3 =
  • 14
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:21 pm
  • [+]
  • 175054. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (4) + 6 =
  • 10
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:21 pm
  • [+]
  • 175058. eddie_drood
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (5) + 1 =
  • 6
  • Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:30 pm
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Flinder: 17
Merisel: 14
Célestin: 11
beast: 10
Daggert: 7
Rees: 6

Célestin: -4 hp

Flinder up!
 

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [10] |