Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to OOC character gen thread is here

This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the introductory scenario:
To Delve The Dungeon Deep (First Steps, Part II), a continuation (sort of) of the story started in Part I.

The players:
N/A
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb

Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Soceity game, check out our guild here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Player Status Tracking Post:

Character Cur/Max HP Status Player

[article=9313249]Arthor Greybeard[/article] 12/12 ---- muzmoz
Flinder Fizzlefinger 9/9 ---- Narl
Celestin Valette 10/10 ---- Shadow Hexagram
Merisel Sarven 12/12 ---- jatang
Daggert Pennyfellow 12/12 ---- MikeHadfield

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
PaizoCon is underway, and they always have a Society Festival equivelent. Congrats, the first part of this adventure is your characters partying for a day in Absalom (which happily borrows everyone's holidays!) Chronicle sheets coming soon!

Across Avistan, few festival days are as anticipated or celebrated as widely as Archerfeast. Despite the holiday's origins in the worship of Erastil, common countryfolk from the Lands of the Linnorm Kings to Taldor celebrate the height of summer with a day set aside for establishing new relationships, enjoying current camaraderie, and celebrating the gifts of the gods.

While the festival's traditions emphasize contests of marksmanship—still a prominent part of any Archerfeast celebration—most have expanded to exhibit talents of all types, from baking and storytelling to racing and mock combat. Aside from encouraging a fair-like atmosphere, many of the displays and competitions serve one of two secondary purposes: either as a way for merchants to show off their superior livestock and wares, or—more popularly—as a way for eligible men and women to show off to each other.

While the day's events at most Archerfeast fairs are filled with games, food, and crafts, the night brings dancing, drinking, pranks, and the crowning of the princes and princesses of spring and summer for the two single youths and two single adults who faired best in the day's events. The festivities continue late into the evening, but end promptly at midnight, so that—in true Erastilian fashion—the next day's responsibilities are not overly impeded. For those not of Erastil's flock, however, private parties, drinking, and trysting carry on long into the next morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
After having spent the day participating in skill contests, meeting his fellow adventurers, and courting all the pretty women around, Célestin then goes on to celebrate Archerfeast in private parties. But as wine and beer flow, he can't help but reliving this moment when he was almost killed by the assassins and his failure as a swordsman.

And after a night of full debauchery, he wakes up before dawn in the bed of a fair woman whose name he's not sure to know. Not waking her up, he quickly and silently gets dressed and runs away by the window, still a bit hungover but his sense of purpose renewed.

When he feels refreshed and better, he then heads for the Society.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Daggert arrives into Absalom, he strides confidently through the streets in search of the Pathfinder Society. Long days of travel have left him weary and tired, and it takes him a while to notice that something is amiss.

Gazing around he thinks, beer tents, streamers, banners and street vendors, who knew Absalom was so festive!

Making a quick detour to the nearest beer tent, he finally clues in. Archerfeast! he blurts out to the barman, drawing amused stares and shakes of heads. As he turns to leave the beer tent he hears a woman state scornfully to her partner, Halflings, it's only just begun and their already drunk.

Daggert turns as if to reply, but decides the woman's words will be true enough soon. Seeking out fellow Pathfinder Society recruits and members, he spends the night trading stories and getting to know the place he will soon call home.

After the long night, he wakes up feeling not hungover, but rejuvenated after his long travel and exited for life as a member of the Pathfinder Society.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Daggert makes his way through the streets to the Grand Lodge, having finished his initial mission a few days ago. And while delivering messages to a Silver Crusade faction house hardly seemed vital, he couldn't consider ever questioning Ollysta Zadrian, paladin
of Sarenrae and leader of the Silver Crusade faction.

In any case, he was now ordered to locate some fellow Silver Crusade Pathfinders, and assist them on their missions. Strangely, Ollysta gave him an invitation to the Lantern Lodge's Snapdragon Festival--one of the biggest, most exclusive parties of the year in Absalom.

These fellow Pathfinders must be formidable indeed...

Daggert's pondering is briefly jarred as he walks by a man in an explorer's outfit sprinting towards the Grand Lodge, weapons and bags clanking as some innkeeper yells after him about despoiling his family treasures...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder was immensely relieved they survived their last adventure. It was a close call. He enjoys the festivities, talks with almost anyone he encounters. Every time keeping his eye open for Lyly. He will find her, he will prove he is worthy of her. As midnight comes near he decides to have a good night rest, the next morning might have another daunting task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Happily, the Pathfinders had nothing they needed to accomplish today, so they spend the time chatting, eating in the tavern at the Grand Lodge, and being reminded by several posters around the area that the Snapdragon Festival is tonight--appropriate attire required. Additionally, Ambrus informed them via messenger to expect another Silver Crusade paladin Pathfinder to add to their number for the coming tasks.

After all the work the group did the past few days, getting parties two nights in a row is a real treat, and the group swaps stories of their Archerfeast exploits.

Over time, the conversation turns to tactics in the alley fight, and tankards and utensils diagramed the battle again as the group pondered better ways to overcome the fight.

Daggert notices the human that was running from the innkeeper in the street, sitting at a table with 3 others, all deep in discussion about something. There is no doubt they are the ones he is supposed to join, and makes his way to the table, where polite introductions are made.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel looks up from the table where Célestin is moving things around while describing how their last fight went. She is pretty sure he was unconscious during some of the time. She notices a Halfling who has entered the room who might be the new Pathfinder who was sent to help them. She waves at him to come join them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seeing the friendly waves and obvious attire of the Silver Crusaders, Daggart moves towards the table.

Hello! My name is Daggert Pennyfellow, Paladin in good standing, and a fellow Silver Crusader. I've been asked by Paladin Zadrian to assist you on your upcoming mission.

Turning to the tall fellow who went barging past on the street.

Hello. we met last night I believe, but I didn't catch your name. You were sitting with that lovely young lass... you're wife...?

I'd love to hear a bit about you all if you have a moment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
jatang wrote:
Merisel looks up from the table where Célestin is moving things around while describing how their last fight went.

OOC: did I ?

Drinking with Arthor, Célestin orders another round of beers, plus one for the newcomer.

Welcome Daggert, I'm Célestin and this is Arthor, a fellow Paladin. The pointed-eared beauty here is Merisel and our brave sorcerer is Flinder. Oh, and please meet beer, beer meet Daggert.

By the way, no, this pretty lass you saw me with yesterday wasn't exactly my wife... Let's say that she wanted to congratulate me by, well... you know...

Anyway, on a completely different matter, let's get to know each other a bit better. How about you all? Married? Engaged? We almost died together and we well may again pretty soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost died! Surely you exaggerate.

As far as myself, not married, and my parents scrimped and saved to send me to the small enclave near my hometown. Truth be told my folks were kind of seen as hippies in the halfling community, worried more about justice, propriety and devotion than humor, curiosity or entertainment.

Nine long years of official study, training and worship and here I am (and they only threatened to throw me out once).

Gesturing to his chain shirt, This is my pride and joy, I spent many long nights and weekends working extra duty to save up for this, and it's been worth every penny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Pretty nice story for a promising young lad. And nice shirt too!

As for myself, I'm from Galt, a country in constant revolution. Nothing much to say about my life outside booze and women, except for the day the Society saved my sorry buttocks just to give me a real kick on it right after, telling me to get a more honorable life, then the Silver Crusade showed me real tragedy, innocent people being abused, deprived, sentenced to death to save the hide of more powerful people. It changed my life, really, I'm definitely advising that to all the kid our there...
Célestin says with a half-sad smile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
The afternoon slides by peacefully...

Let me know if anyone wants to do anything before the festival tonight, otherwise I will fast-forward
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To the festival!

I just finished reading In Service to Lore, and the scene with the rats had me laughing. The crates, the swimming(drowning), the mangy vermin... It was a great read
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Daggart, yes. Good to have you. Now we party, tomorrow we fight for the good cause."

Let's see what the future brings. On to the festival.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a cool evening in Absalom, the city considered to be the largest in the Inner Sea and definitely the center of trade. The bray of a camel echos in the street, as a band of Pathfinders ride in an open carriage, gently rocking as it makes it's way through the streets to the Petal district, reflecting on their good fortune...

Only the luckiest or most influential Pathfinders receive invitations to Amara Li’s annual Snapdragon Festival celebration, and wise recipients take advantage of them. The event is one of the year's highlights for the summer social season among the city's elite and wealthy. As such, the group was required to take a carriage to the event, paid for by the Grand Lodge.

Riding in the carriage gives a great view of Absalom’s wealthiest district. The Petal District looks down upon the rest of the city from its perch on high Aroden’s Hill. Brick-framed medians upon the district’s road avenues teem with colorful flora that give the quarter its name. The grandest families and richest merchants of Absalom dwell in sprawling estates here, ever competing to outclass their fabulously wealthy neighbors.

After a luxurious and relaxing trip, the carriage finally stops on a long round-a-bout, lined with other carriages and well-dressed people gracefully making their way onto the grounds of Venture-Captain Amara Li, Leader of the Lantern Lodge and an Ambassador of Tian Xia.

The aroma of blooming orchids and flowing wine mixes with the acrid tang of recently exploded fireworks, and the sound of strangely discordant music comes from a duo of Tian women playing an unusual stringed instrument and a reed flute. The crowd mingles calmly, most guests clearly hoping to be seen more than actually paying attention to those with whom they converse, though the plum wine seems to have affected many who now move about the lodge’s grounds waving sparkling wands of fire and shooting whirring, whizzing fireworks into the sky above the koi pond.

The group sees and is introduced to many people, including the leaders of several factions of the Pathfinders, notably Major Colson Maldris (Andoran faction leader), and Trade Prince Aaqir al'Hakam.

The group sees Amara Li several times, but always at a distance across a courtyard, or through the blossoms of the cherry trees across a pond.

Still, the plumb wine is excellent, and the group suspects she will signal them in her own time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Célestin falls in love each time he has a glimpse of Amara Li, but doesn't relax his attention, on the lookout for any attempt at assassination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daggert looks thoughtfully around the party and can't help dwelling on the fact that all this wealth could be spent in much better ways and do so much more good. He mentions as much to Arthor as they exit the carriage.

After a few mouthfuls of wine, Daggert contents himself to simply carry his glass as a prop. Despite his pensive attitude, Daggert is thoroughly enjoying himself and quickly strikes up several conversations with nearby Lantern Lodge members, discussing the party, their host, the weather and anything else that comes to mind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
After a while of rubbing elbows with the rich snd beautiful of Absalom, the group is summoned to Amara Li's private study on an upper balcony overlooking the courtyard of the Snapdragon Festival.

As the servant pulls back the sliding panel, the group sees a Tian woman dressed in a delicately embroidered kimono of purple and gold. She is standing before a low table with an exquisite tea set laid out.

"Greetings, Pathfinders. If it is not too inconvienient, perhaps some tea?"

She beckons the group forward to kneel at the table with her, in such a way that they can look out across the balcony and see the occasional fireworks going off outside.

Once seated, she artfully prepares tea and pours it for everyone. She gestures for everyone to drink as she lifts her own steaming mug. The scents of exotic spices mix with the familiar tea smell, as she sips hers briefly, and leads the group in discussing the festival, the weather, and good tea--all with her lilting voice, while the sound of the music and festivities float up and swirl around the party on the balcony.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel is glad that they are finally getting to the reason they were invited here. Although the party has been lovely, she has not been able to relax, feeling rather out of place amongst all the dignitaries in the manufactured 'natural' setting. Nothing natural is without blemish, unlike the blossoms in the perfectly tended gardens.

She has seen no other junior pathfinders. It has been quite obvious in the looks that she has gotten, even from the servants, that her best clothes are not up to their silken standards. As for the other guests, she notes that most of them could trade their outfits for a good horse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder enjoys the relative quiet here. In the crowd he is not at ease. Totally unaccustomed to this wealth and luxury, he is glad to be able to enjoy a simple but very tasty cup of tea. He falls quiet, taking in all impressions and waiting for what is to come. He is glad he isn't alone though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Smiling, Amara gets down to business...

"Well met, Pathfinders, and welcome to the Lantern Lodge. I hope you find the Snapdragon Festival and my hospitality worthy of your time and energy. I have not brought you here for mere pleasantries, however, and wish to ask you to partake a dangerous mission on my behalf.

“Long ago, one of my most esteemed ancestors, who was rich in power but poor in sense, gave a gift to a foreign prince, a gift that prince did not deserve and my foolish ancestor had no right to give: a ceremonial jade katana. At the time the gift was sent, its recipient was invading this island. He laid siege to Absalom from his fortress in the foothills of the Kortos Mounts. Like those who came before him, the warlord failed to take Absalom and perished in the attempt. On the very day of his defeat, his castle crumbled to dust in a violent earthquake and has been lost to the centuries ever since. My family’s heirloom
was lost with it.

“A recent report by a group of Pathfinders gives me hope that they have finally found the ruin, and I might finally recover my family’s treasure. I’m looking for an intrepid group to retrieve it for me, and I’m hoping that is you. The fame and wealth you will doubtlessly recover will bring you much honor within the Society, and if you deliver the katana to me, you will have my favor as you begin your careers as full agents of the Pathfinder Society.

"Please understand, that exploring this dungeon would be for the Society. Bringing the jade katana back to my family is a personal request, the kind best made over tea. Assuming you agree, please enjoy the Festival, rest well tonight, and venture forth to the Cairnlands tomorrow.

Are you in agreement?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hadfield
Canada
St Andrews
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, your hospitality has been overwhelming, and I'm sure we all appreciate being given the opportunity to help you in this matter. However fame and wealth are not our objective, only to serve in the best way we can.

These other Pathfinders who brought back the report of the ruin, did they have any additional information; maps of the area, potential inhabitants or anything of the like?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

"Regretfully, very little extra information. They were attacked by a ghoul, and while they successfully destroyed it, it claimed one of their party and depleted their ability to continue. They found the door, but were too exhausted to dare entry. So they returned to mourn their comrade and report the newly discovered ruin."

At this, Amara gives the group a map showing the exact location of the ruin.

Things the group know: the ruins are in the Cairnlands, which is the area of land immediately surrounding Absalom for several miles in all directions. Over the centuries, everyone who has tried to siege Absalom has failed, and many of them built castles, forts, tent cities, etc. to direct the siege.

Many of the buildings are destroyed, and later would-be invaders use the stonework for their own uses. The end result is several miles of rough terrain and ruined building built on ruined building, all collapsed and rubble scatted everywhere. Over time, people who want to do things without being seen, plus the occasional wild beast, will take up residence there.

With so many overgrown ruins, rockslides, and debris in the fields, it's no wonder so many specific items are lost for centuries.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [17] |