Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
196 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 

Marvel Heroic Roleplaying: Basic Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Breakout [Avengers - Issue #1a] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Avengers [OOC]
Game's Wiki-page

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
The Raft
The Raft, a supermax facility of the Ryker's Island Maximum Security Penitentiary, especially designed to host super villains. Located in New York's East River, it is guarded by S.H.I.E.L.D., an organization highly regarded for its stern dedication to law enforcement, as well as a sinister reputation for more clandestine operations. Many criminals have found their way here, and good is that, because at the moment, many of the nation's super heroes are laying low. The avengers have disassembled, the X-men seldom leave their academy, and the Fantastic Four are rarely seen.




Iron Hand and Wolverine, an odd couple, have found their way to the Raft. Iron Hand has taken an interest in the case of Bob Reynolds, and has been granted the opportunity to meet with him, and since the Raft is not the safest of places, Iron Hand has taken Wolverine along for protection. They are currently taking the elevator down to one of the lower levels, the location of Mr. Reynold's cell.

With them is Warden Cato Bauman and Dr. Hank McCoy. Warden Bauman is an ex-military man. A gruff disciplinarian, but is perhaps older than he thinks he is. Dr. McCoy has recently entered the employment of S.H.I.E.L.D., for reasons unknown.


I am using grey for OOC stuff. OK, you are in the elevator, going down. What I want to see for this first scene is some talk amongst the characters. Why are they here? The Sentry is the forgotten hero. He knew almost everyone, and did a lot of good, but for some reason he has removed the memory of him from everyones memory - but some remember. Perhaps Iron Hand is one of them. Perhaps it is just a feeling, rather than a full memory. And why would he pick Wolverine to come along, perhaps he convinced Iron Hand to go? And why did Beast join S.H.I.E.L.D., so he could do medical research – or experiments?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Beast is looking at the two others. He is glad to see wolverine back, although he must admit that Wolverine isn't his best buddy, but he knows he can always count on him when he needs help. Mc Coy himself at the moment is working for SHIELD because off several reasons.

First off all he heard a call for help from SHIELD in medical matters, on the other hand it would be a great moment to have a look at how SHIELD operates and get a closer look at their equipment, maybe there is something that he can use in the future.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Logan casually leans against the back of the elevator. His heavily worn brown leather jacket hung loosely on his frame. Though outwardly he looked calm, inside his mind was whirling. Logan smelled something familiar. He couldn't place what it was, and the smell was very faint, as if whatever caused it was far away or had passed through long ago. In addition, there were a lot of different smells floating about making picking out this one in particular that much harder. He hated these lingering moments of familiarity, they almost always meant something from his forgotten past was about to resurface.

Logan couldn't help but question Danny's motive. He was suspicious of the man asking him to tag along to The Raft. Logan always felt Danny sort of looked down on him because of his less disciplined demeanor. Danny's desire for Logan's presence made Logan feel like something shifty was up. But he decided to team up because he didn't want Danny taking some green upstart to such a dangerous place.

McCoy's presence didn't help matters. He trusted the man, but the animal in him was a different matter. Logan new better than most that McCoy could be a wild card.

Logan looked to McCoy, "I can tell you've been here a while, your nails need a trim. I've got a gift card to PetCo if you'd like.", he said in a matter-of-fact tone.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cooksey
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm on a podcast! - www.agcpodcast.info
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Danny stands right in the middle of the elevator. To most people, he would look perfectly relaxed but Hank and Logan can sense a tension in his posture.

"Thanks for coming," he says to Logan. "I think this Reynolds guy is worth checking out. He's got history with a capital H and so do you. I figure bringing someone he's got something in common with could help." He clears his throat, "Also, I could use some backup in case things get ugly."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Vaklam wrote:
... in case things get ugly."
"Well with Hank here, I'd say they already have."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
The Warden clears his throat, he gives of a sense of control and somberness, but Beast and Wovlerine can smell some fear on him. "I pulled the inmates file, as I didn't quite remember why he was here." He pulls out a dossier, "Bob Reynolds, he is here for killing his wife, it appears he turned himself in. There are no other information, not why he is here, his background, and what powers he posess. Unusual, but this is S.H.I.E.L.D. after all."

As he talks, the elevator smoothly continues downwards.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Trying not to react on Logan's remarks Beast tries to be civil. That is strange we need more information, isn't there anyone he talks with regulary?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
"As mentioned, Doctor, he doesn't speak to anyone, and as far as I know, no one really tries to speak to him. We have a lot of violent criminals here that we have to subdue and control, if someone just wants to be in his cell, we let them."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Well we can't have that, he is a mutant he needs our help, even when he done something bad.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
"What makes you say he's a mutant Hank? He might be one of these marvel types like Ole' Cap. File says there is no information. You know something we don't?", Logan asks.

As an afterthought Logan asks, "There any long time inmates here that remember him being brought in? They might have some info."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Oh well it can be a mutant Logan we need to take a look at him to start with. No hold your horses and your temper.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
The warden adresses Hank and Wolverine, “As I said before - .” The warden is stopped mid-sentence as all the lights in the elevator explodes in a dazzling display of light and glass. It is of no danger to you, but the Warden through himself hard down on one knee, covering his head. For a moment there is only pitch darkness and silence, before you can hear the panicky voice of the warden, talking into his walkie-talkie, “What is going on? What just happened? Did we loose power? Are we under attack.” The stream of responses from others on the Raft betray that the situation is the same all over, the lights blew out, and everyone is left in darkness. Even worse, it seems most of the security systems are also out.

Then the emergency lights come on, bathing you all in a soft red glow. The warden looks up at you with embarrassment, he gets up, struggling with his hurt knee. He places a hand on the elevator door, “I think we are trapped.”

Well, the warden might be trapped. But you certainly aren't. I am going to leave it up to you to narrate have you get out of the elevator.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
There must be something serious going on. I decide to act quickly. I grab the elevetor doors and force them open. Hopefully we can get out and aren't stuck between two floors.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
To be frank, I have encounters planned and the overall story arc. This means I expect you all to contribute to what happens. So Barad, I'll leave it up to you all to decide if you are stuck between floors, and what is on the other side.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
That's why I made it an open ending
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Great, as long as no one expects me to take over the story just yet.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
After Beast pulls open the inner doors with great force, bending them slightly while doing so, Wolverine steps forward. The elevator is caught between floors. There isn't enough room for the passengers to go to the lower floor, and the mechanism for opening the doors to the upper floor are out of reach. Wolverine pops his claws, *snikt*, and cuts a pathway to the upper floor.

"Please exit in a calm orderly fashion." Logan says as he retracts his claws and holds a hand out for the warden.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
The warden tries at first to get up on his own, but eventually accepts Wolverine's help. When you all gather outside the elevators you see that you are standing on a gallery, overlooking rows of empty cells. The warden gasps, "This is worse than I thought. We need to get out of here."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Spend 1 pp for a resource. We do start with at least one correct?

Wolverine reflexively crouches in a fighting stance and looks at the empty cells. He sees the name over one of the open doors, Raven Darkhölme. A sneer crossed Logan's face. Raven still owed him a favor, and he was going to call that chit in today, that is if he could find her. "Where is Reynold's cell in relation to us?", He asked.

Not sure if that resource is allowable. Let me know if it flies.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
How many prisoners did you held here? And who where the most dangerous?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Sure, a resource sounds fine. That is something you take with you though, to the next scene, and it is tied to a specialty. How does this sound: Logan scares the shit out of Raven (menace master), who tells Logan everything she knows about the place. He now has the resource: Knows the lay-out of the facility (D8)

"Relax there little man", she answers as bravely as possible. "Just leave me be, I have my little plan, as soon as the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents get here, I am out. Why waste my strength on petty battles. I spent the first three months here trying to escape, so I have been dragged up and down these halls to isolation more times than I can remember. I think he is down there. Two floor directly below us." She turns to beast, "Dangerous? We are all dangerous, but - " she touches Logan's arm sensually, " - I think perhaps ol' Wolverine here is the most dangerous." She winks at Logan, "perhaps I'll come and see you when we get out."
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
Unable to keep his eyes from wandering over Raven, Logan says, "No point in leaving young lady. I'm just going to put you back if you do. Might as well find a safe place to hold up till this is over. And don't do anything that would make me have to kill you." Logan shows subtle smirk, but doesn't remove Raven's hand or move away from it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
The team leaves Raven, and follows her instructions towards a staircase further into the facility. As they move quietly through the empty rows of cells, the warden keeps talking, "I agree, we should move towards the stairs, they are our best option. We might also find other guards there. But, when we get there, we are going up! Not further down."

Up a head you can hear shooting and shouting.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Cooksey
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm on a podcast! - www.agcpodcast.info
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Breakout [IC] - Team 1
"Well, this can only get worse," Danny says. He glances toward Beast and Wolverine to check their positions and he moves to a place that allows the three of them to defend the warden as they move towards the Sentry's cell. "If this guy is all I've heard he is, we'll need his help."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] |