Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Link to OOC character gen thread is here

This is a Pathfinder Society game, using the introductory scenario:
In Service to Lore, First Steps, part 1.

The players:
N/A
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb

Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

If you are just browsing this thread and have questions or want to get in on a sanctioned Soceity game, check out our guild here.

Actual game playing will go on in this thread, once character generation is complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Player Status Tracking Post:

Character Cur/Max HP Status Player

[article=9313249]Arthor Greybeard[/article] -1/12 ---- muzmoz
Flinder Fizzlefinger 5/9 ---- Narl
Celestin Valette -3/10 ---- Shadow Hexagram
Merisel Sarven -2/12 ---- jatang

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Somewhere, a rooster crows...

You all awake in your seperate quarters, small but comfortable, along the edge of the walls of the Grand Lodge, the walled multi-building compound in the heart of the Foreign Quarter of Absalom that is the home of the Pathfinder Society, and hopefully your home as well, now.

Absalom is on an island in the heart of the Inner Sea, and is generally thought to be the largest city in the known world. At the center of nearly every trade route by sea, there’s almost nothing that can’t be found here, and thus it’s a perfect place for the Pathfinder Society’s home base.

You all took very different paths to get to this point, but after weeks and weeks of classes, stable cleaning, basic instruction on geography, politics, and a bit about manners, you’ve come to know each other on sight, if not well personally. As Society hopefuls, you know that you are likely to be working with your fellow new members for some time to come—after all, the world is large and holds many dangerous places that careful Pathfinders rarely explore alone.

Filled with the hope of a new day, which is dawning beautifully over the fluttering banners and cooking smoke rising from buildings, you four assemble in the Chamberlin’s office, standing before his desk quietly while he makes a few notes.

Ambrus Valsin, a Society venture-captain and Chamberlin of the Grand Lodge, is a tough, no-nonsense man who has his position because of his efficient training of new recruits and ability to organize all the logistics for daily operations of the Grand Lodge.

He quickly finishes his notes, and rises to greet you. His thick handlebar mustache, far thicker than his fading hairline, sways as he speaks to you:

By the way, OOC text and game effects I’ll put in gray text. Regular narration will be ordinary black, and dialog will be green, to separate it from the rest.

“All right, Pathfinders! Listen up. I know you are new recruits eager to make names for yourselves in the organization, but first we need to make sure you are up to snuff and won’t get yourself killed out there. I have a number of small assignments for you and your team, and it would be best if you could finish them before the day’s end.

“Every day we get some doe-eyed hopeful or some sniveling bootlicker willing to do anything to join up with the Pathfinders. Most of them are good kids, but not all of them have the salt to make it in a world like this. It’s rough out there and I’m not just talking about the ruins, tombs, and wilderness Pathfinders find themselves in on missions. We’ve got people who look down their noses at us, folks who think we squander our resources, and agents who want to take everything we have collected. This wealth of knowledge and these items of lore make us the most powerful organization on the planet.

That said, since we are fractured and widespread, it’s difficult for that power to light on anything for too long. For every friend of the Society, there are two enemies.

“Your first mission, to test your mettle and loyalties, sends you to meet a few people important to the Society living here in Absalom. These are other venture-captains or close allies of our organization, so follow their orders as you would mine. I’ve prepared a list of things I want you to do. They’re not arranged in any particular order of importance, but I want them all completed as quickly as possible. Only report to me once you complete them all. Included in the envelope you hold in your hands is the list, complete with the name of your contact, and directions to the meeting location.”

With that, he hands you a list, and a small hand-drawn map of the districts of the city:

Tasks:

- A man named Guaril Karela runs a curio shop in the Docks called
the Pickled Imp. Go to him and fill his request as a favor to the
Society. I believe it has something to do with a set of rare books.

- Ollysta Zadrian requested aid and is expecting you at the Temple
of the Shining Star in the Ascendant Court. She needs someone
to deliver a parcel of medicine and curatives to a needy orphanage
and verify the character of the recipient.

- Visit the offices of Osirian nobleman Dremdhet Salhar in the Wise
Quarter. The Pathfinder Society needs to obtain permission to
delve the Salhar ancestral vaults beneath Sothis. He has made a
verbal agreement, and your visit makes it official. You will receive
an official charter and detailed maps. Do not embarrass the Society
in this matter.

- Chelish Paracountess Zarta Dralneen possesses an item loaned from the
Vaults. Meet with her in her estate in the Ivy District and retrieve
the item in her possession.

Giving you a moment to look it over, he raises an eyebrow, waiting to see what you do now...

Questions, just leave, it's up to you! If you aren't sure what you want to do, and want discuss it with the party, but don't want it in game, remeber to use the OOC thread for that. If you say it in here, and don't specify otherwise (gray text, etc.) I'm assuming your character is saying/doing that. If I'm not sure what you mean, I'll ask.

Most of all, have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Ambrus shakes his head slightly, saying:

"If you'll excuse me, I have other business to attend to.

He nods significantly at the exit door...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel realizes that Captain Valsin wants them to leave.

"Yes, sir. We'll get those tasks completed today and report back to you." They file out rapidly.

"Come on guys. Let's grab some food from the dining hall while we talk. I agree that the priestess is a good one to start with because it's too early in the day for a shopkeeper, an official visit or any Chelish business!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder tightens his cloak round his shoulders and tries to keep up with the others. This is what his dreams must have been telling him all along, he has to take this chance.

"Yes, yes, we will go, I will be as fast as I can in order not to slow you down too much."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Quickly concealing a look of anxious concern on his face, Célestin turns to his new and only companions with a big smile on his lips and approaches them with a graceful bow.

Célestin Valette, at your service, Miladies, Gentle Sirs. My sword is yours.

And if I may, I also think that we should deliver the medicine to the orphanage. Beyond the utmost and obvious urgency of the task, I must also say that my curiosity has been piqued by the "verification of character" part of the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyone who has knowledge(local) can roll it to check on times and travel distances. Was there anything else you wanted to do before leaving the Grand Lodge?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
OOC: No, Célestin is good to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder is ready to go as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Let us start this busy day with our belly full.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
And with that, the party makes its way to the kitchens for a quick bite in the common room and head out of the Grand Lodge and into Abasalom proper.

The group sets out, the morning trade traffic coming in the Westgate beginning to fill the streets with wagon teams, traders, hopeful dreamers and treacherous scum, all going about their business as hand-cart vendors begin to set up and start their sales cant as the sun begins to rise above the city walls.

With the dawn, the riot of colors and different people of the Foreign Quarter and the cheery smell of dozens of different breakfasts being cooked swirls around your group. You confidently make your way through the city, walking the well-known streets to your first stop: The Temple of the Shining Sun.

Fifteen minutes later, the group arrives at the temple. The building is huge, and adorned with many statues and frescoes depicting Sarenae in her various aspects as the Dawnstar, and as a healer and a bringer of redemption and swift justice. It fills your hearts with a deep sense of pride and joy to witness the most revered time of day for worshippers of Sarenae at her main temple.

Many visitors crowd the plaza as acolytes direct people and vendors try for their attention. People waiting for healing, guidance in matters of the heart, and a thousand other reasons all seek the temple's assistance.

Thanks to an acolyte's direction, your group quickly makes it's way into the temple and down a side passage. Your anticipation and nervousness builds, for you know who it is you will be meeting--Ollysta Zadrian, paladin of Sarenrae and leader of the Silver Crusade faction of the Pathfinders.

As you find her offices, you are unsurprised how simple but beautiful they are, with large windows letting the dawn light shine fully into the room. A surprisingly young and powerful warrior, Ollysta turns from kneeling on a platform at the windows as she finishes her prayers, and immediately strides up to the group, smiling.

“Thank the light of Sarenrae you have arrived! I knew Ambrus would come through for us in the Silver Crusade with reliable help.

"I desperately need you to bring medicine to an orphanage and let me know if the headmistress, Gilga Baltwin, is deserving of our charity. Since our quest began, the needy have clamored for our aid, and I suspect some are abusing our generosity. It may sound cruel, but there are plenty of dishonest people out in the world eager for easy gold.

“Of course you know of our history. After discovering so many factions splintered the Society, a number of us banded together to proliferate the cause of charity and kindness using the Society’s resources, under the banner of the Silver Crusade. As it is said, ‘The Dawn brings new light’ and I’ve made it my life’s work to use our recent darkness to bring a new light to the world and to the Pathfinder Society.

Ah, but I apologize for straying off point. Will you bring this parcel of medicine to Auntie Baltwin’s Home for Recovery in the Eastgate district? You would be doing the work of the Silver Crusade."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

"May your experiences in youth, and your duty to the Silver Crusade be your guide, Pathfinder Greybeard. Help the children, and bring the light of truth to this matter."

She looks at the others, seeing if they have questions or comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
We shall indeed give succour and relief to anybody in need, but tell us, Revered Paladin of Sarenrae, what kind of person is this Gilga Baltwin who is to be met and tested? Is there any information about her past as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadow Hexagram wrote:
We shall indeed give succour and relief to anybody in need, but tell us, Revered Paladin of Sarenrae, what kind of person is this Gilga Baltwin who is to be met and tested? Is there any information about her past as well?

"That, Pathfinder, is what I need you to discover. She cares for sick children who are brought to her, and is funded by donations from wealthy families and organizations like the Silver Crusade. But my prayers for those children have been troubled, and I'm concerned it may be a sign of difficulty for them. If that is so, bring what information you find out to me after you deliver the supplies. With that information, the Silver Crusade can act for justice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder is very impressed by the presence of Ollysta Zadrian. He makes himself tall, as tall as a halfling can be that is, and then takes a deep bow.

"I'm honoured to serve the Silver Crusade and Sarenrae. I will do what I can."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb
Narl wrote:
Flinder is very impressed by the presence of Ollysta Zadrian. He makes himself tall, as tall as a halfling can be that is, and then takes a deep bow.

"I'm honoured to serve the Silver Crusade and Sarenrae. I will do what I can."

The paladin nods in acknowledgement, and touches each of the party on the shoulder in turn, saying each time:

"Go now and bring the light Sarenrae to banish the darkness."

Finished, she glances at the sun again, and says

"Now, I must soon be about other tasks. I look forward to your return, and your report on whether Baltin is worthy of the Silver Crusade's aid. Pick up the supplies from the acolytes at the supply room down the hall. They know what to give you. Is there anything else you need?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
When the Paladin leaves the room, Célestin turns to his companions and says:

What if we delivered them the wrong package, I mean, something of no merchant value, that cannot be traded, like paper prayers, or better, a healer, like our companion Lucius here. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Flinder almost flips.

"Are you out of your mind? We have a direct order of the Silver Lodge, in name of Sarenrae, and you dare to temper with it? Who knows what the consequences will be!"

With his new motivation to do good, this doesn't fall well for Flinder. He is curious to the reaction of the others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
All right! All right! No need to hit the ceiling, Flinder. That was just a suggestion! I wasn't saying we wouldn't give them their medicine, on the contrary!

So now the question is: how can we see if this headmistress isn't taking the Silver Crusade for a fool? Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ah, ok. No harm in that.

Cooled off a bit, Flinder mumbles a quick prayer to Sarenrae, hoping she will bless their actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Tang
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"That is an excellent idea. Of course, Arthor, you will act as the direct representative of Saranrae. Headmistress Baltwin is sure to be impressed by you making the delivery." Merisel gestures at his armor. "While you are getting the official presentation, the rest of us will learn the real story. Flinder, could you speak with the children? They tend to hear and notice things, even if they don't understand the significance. They might be more comfortable with you. Célestin, would you be interested in chatting up the female servants, all in service to our cause ? Lucius, since we are delivering medicine, maybe you could look over their medical area, out of professional curiosity? That is certainly a place where a lot of money could disappear. I could speak with the teachers. What do you all think?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
mbmb
Sounds like a plan to me!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"There is logic in your words, yes, sounds good plan."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
M, as in Mancy
mbmbmbmbmb

The plan agreed to, the group makes it's way down the busy streets once again to the Eastgate district, where travelers and traders pour in, and farmers bringing in their harvests are mingled with everyone else.

Auntie Baltwin's Home for Recovery is known as a place where sick kids go to get better. Nearly swarming with cats and children, this fine upper-class home appears to be clean and in good condition considering
the number and ages of its inhabitants. Three young boys are shooting marbles on the dirt near the porch, while another older child sweeps the front walk, and two more struggle with a large bucket of trash around the side of the house.

At your approach, several of the kids pause in their activites and watch you, waiting to see what you do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] |