The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Thousand Year Old Vampire
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Dinky Dungeons
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Avalon's Solo Adventure System
Shadowrun: Sixth World Beginner Box
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Rough Nights & Hard Days
Courts of Stone
LOAD ""
OVA: The Anime Role-Playing Game
Grimtina's Guard
Kids on Bikes
Ironsworn
Black Void
D&D Essentials Kit
Trinity Continuum: Aberrant
Trail of Cthulhu
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Pacific Rim Sourcebook
Melee
Powers & Perils (Basic Set)
Catapult Run
Big Rubble
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Mouse Guard (2nd Edition)
Symbaroum Core Rulebook
Astonishing Swordsmen & Sorcerers of Hyperborea (Second Edition)
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Starter Set (4th Edition)
Realms of Terrinoth
Amazing Tales
Waterdeep: Dragon Heist
Android: Shadow of the Beanstalk
Forbidden Lands Card Deck
The Solo Investigator's Handbook
Magical Kitties Save the Day
No Future
Maximum Apocalypse the Roleplaying Game Quickstart Guide
The Scroll or the Blade
GM's Maps 87: Warehouse
Highfell
Sanderson Distillery
Lokis: Sacred Isles of the Northmen
Death Star Technical Companion
Cyberspace
Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
654 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [27] | 

Into the Shadowhaunt» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Table 1: Into the Shadowhaunt - IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
(Shamelessly stolen from LordDillon's 4e game)

Welcome to Into the Shadowhaunt, classic 4e D&D adventure.

This is the IN CHARACTER Thread for The Bloodsand Arena. Please subscribe to this thread; for future ease of locating it I recommend using a quicklink.

This thread is specifically for IN CHARACTER actions and conversations. In this thread you should put in quotes and either bold or colorize what your PC is saying. You can describe the PC’s actions in regular color and non-bold text.

To perform rolls for the game we will use the in-thread dice-roller. When you describe dice rolls and any questions or comments related to those rolls (i.e. not something your PC is saying or doing) please do that in greyed out text - this is easiest to perform by typing this: [ color=grey ] text you want to ask about + roll [/color ] but without the spaces. It will turn out like this: Sample text + note. For further examples of what this should look like, please see this excellent play by post thread: wavemotion’s game.

The Out Of Character thread has been put up and in it you can ask questions, clarify rules, discuss things amongst yourselves (tactics, plans, etc.).

RULES FOR THE PLAY-BY-POST GAME:

1. Posting Schedule: players should post a minimum of once every 3 days. More is preferred, but I understand the difficulties of posting more than once every day or two. I will be online every day and will check and respond to anyone who has performed an action or asked a question. Generally once everyone has responded to a situation, we will move on even if 3 days has not passed.

2. If a player misses the posting deadline, the game will go on and that person will be skipped. If this happens in the middle of combat the PC misses their turn. If it happens during a role-playing or decision making point, then that PC is assumed to remain quiet and assent to whatever decision the other PCs have come to.

3. If a player knows they are going to be out of internet range for an extended period, they can arrange for another player to post for their PC if they feel it necessary. This is at the discretion of the two players and the DM will okay it with a word of approval from BOTH players.

4. This should go without saying in this group, but please be respectful towards your fellow players and the DM. This game is meant to be fun and I’d like to keep it that way. I know none of you really need this reminder, but it is better to have it as a general rule than not mention it.

5. I am basically running this Rules as Written, but there may be small areas where I will change something or make a judgment call to house-rule something. I will let you know in advance if I do so, or it will be as a result of one of you asking about something.

6. Please feel free to ask me anything else that you would like to know.

7. Please avoid the use of curse words. I prefer to avoid the use of curse words in my RPs, and I ask that you do the same. I will thank you in advance for this!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cold sleet tears at your clothes and bare skin as your weary horses ride through the gates of Kaiuscrown Borroughs. You find the town dark at this late hour; save for the warm glow from the local inn, the Black Oak. There you find a warm meal, good mead, and rousing tales. As the ale flows freely, so do the patrons' lips, and the tales begin to flow freely.

One tale, however, speaks of gloom and sorrow. The town's hero, Mandor Klebl, hero of the Battle of Seven Stars and router of the Red Fang goblin tribe, has been killed in the caverns below Westfall Tower. The entire town mourns his loss. Of the newly arrived patrons, the news resonates with two of you, in particular. The name of Mandor is known to Mog-Ur; for the missive sent to his father came from Mandor; the pair being old friends. Indeed, the pair had fought together in the Battle of Seven Stars many years ago. The second of the group to take interest is Rako. The mention of the Red Fang goblin tribe perked his ears, as this tribe was the same that marauded through his home a few short months ago.


This is your opportunity to make sure the group comes together and meets each other; as well as to get a feel for the town, ask questions, etc.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ack! Mandor was a good man and a true hero and his loss should be mourned and avenged. Who is with me?" Mog-Ur roars, standing on the tavern table, almost toppling over the empty mugs of dwarven spirits coveirng the table.

The dwarf is well into his cups and a little unsteady on his feet. "I'll buy any man, dwarf or even elf a drink if they come!"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Butler
Australia
Hawker
ACT
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rako raises himself from his table in the corner:

No need for a drink for me grumbles Rako

I would ride through the gates of hell to get my hands on the the Red Fang Golbins. And if I can help avenge Mandor Klebl I would be honored.

Are they any other brave souls amonst you who will join us? Bellows Rako
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well said, my friend! And any hater of goblins, regardless of color, is a man after my own heart. Hahahahaha!" Mog-Ur seems to think himself very funny.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Vuokko
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
I has a monocle!
badge
Ah, a brand new monocle.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Westfall Tower, I'm not familiar with that one. Elnan finds himself thinking.

Does anyone know anything about that tower and the caverns beneath it? What was this hero doing there? Elnan asks from the public wondering if going there would be worth his time.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A tall, attractive woman behind the bar nods in pleasure as she hears these strangers raise their voices, taking an interest in their town, and their hero.

At Elnan's question, she quickly replies; her alto voice cutting clearly through the din of the room. "We do not know much about the tower, sadly. We've been experience an increased number of attacks by goblins and beasts. Mandor went in search of the source of these attacks, and tracked them back to Westfall Tower. Once there, he found a series of tunnels beneath it; tunnels we did not know existed until that moment. He returned to town briefly before setting off to explore those tunnels, and hasn't been seen since."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
A tall, attractive woman behind the bar nods in pleasure as she hears these strangers raise their voices, taking an interest in their town, and their hero.

At Elnan's question, she quickly replies; her alto voice cutting clearly through the din of the room. "We do not know much about the tower, sadly. We've been experience an increased number of attacks by goblins and beasts. Mandor went in search of the source of these attacks, and tracked them back to Westfall Tower. Once there, he found a series of tunnels beneath it; tunnels we did not know existed until that moment. He returned to town briefly before setting off to explore those tunnels, and hasn't been seen since."


"Did Mandor leave a map? Did he go alone? Is there anyone he talked to about these things? There are tunnels, and there are tunnels. It'll be hard for us to track him in those miles and miles of tunnels, even for us dwarves."

"I am thinking... Come to think of it, we should find out how much supplies he was carrying. That'll tell us how far he planned on going. Did he make it a point to carry silver or cold iron weapons? That'll tell us what he be fightin'"

"Is there a guide here brave and ballsy enough to take us there? Step forth now and claim your drink from me, aye!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Vuokko
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
I has a monocle!
badge
Ah, a brand new monocle.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That wasn't much, but there was something. Elnan thinks to himself The tunnels were not known to them until now, if I'm in luck they might date back to the days of Brightfall's height. Or it might just be goblin infested caverns and nothing more. The chance is there, I can't just leave it.

Elnan calls out to Mog-Ur
Well met dwarf. I'm called Elnan, and I just might go with you if you're in need of company. And I could use that drink, at least I won't die for nothing if I go with you.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Indramir wrote:
That wasn't much, but there was something. Elnan thinks to himself The tunnels we're not known to them until know, if I'm in luck they might date back to the days of Brightfall's height. Or it might just be goblin infested caverns and nothing more. The chance is there, I can't just leave it.

Elnan calls out to Mog-Ur
Well met dwarf. I'm called Elnan, and I just might go with you if you're in need of company. And I could use that drink, at least I won't die for nothing if I go with you.


"Bwahahahaha! Yer a funny one! I can tell. Two drinks for'ya! That'll make sure you die smiling! A beer for a life? Sounds like the card game those humans are playing, dat Bang!"

The dwarf is clearly drunk, as noone can puzzle out what that last part meant...
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holidays!
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The door smashes open and a dwarf girl enters. "Mog-Ur, you bloody bastard, here you are!" she shouts as she approaches the table. "You sneaky, I kept wondering where you got to, ha, now I see - of course you got to where beer flows! Now, spare a pint for a lady!"

"Now, what's the news?"

[I suppose we assume they told her, not to repeat what's been said.]

"Why, I will gladly join you and drink to the valiant man - may his honour last in ages!" With this she raises the mug.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Vuokko
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
I has a monocle!
badge
Ah, a brand new monocle.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elnan stares at his drink and says to himself Join up with a dwarf and soon you'll have a legion of them.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ratibor
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Zimnij, spinning a coin, addresses Mog-Ur: "What a shrew you took for a wife, man!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Vuokko
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
I has a monocle!
badge
Ah, a brand new monocle.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Elnan rises his eyes as he hears a familiar voice.
Zimnij! Elnan shouts How have you been? I haven't seen you since I ... left the forest. How come you're this far from home? Quite a strange place we meet.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
not2fear wrote:
"Did Mandor leave a map? Did he go alone? Is there anyone he talked to about these things? There are tunnels, and there are tunnels. It'll be hard for us to track him in those miles and miles of tunnels, even for us dwarves."

"I am thinking... Come to think of it, we should find out how much supplies he was carrying. That'll tell us how far he planned on going. Did he make it a point to carry silver or cold iron weapons? That'll tell us what he be fightin'"

"Is there a guide here brave and ballsy enough to take us there? Step forth now and claim your drink from me, aye!"


The same barmaid gives a small shake of her head as she replies. "A map? No, he left nothing of the sort. But, we all know where the tower is. I'm sure any of us could draw you a map easily enough. I couldn't rightly tell you what he took with him, but he did go along. Perhaps we should ask his brother?" She nods towards a slender male making his way through the crowds, heading towards the boisterous speakers. He wears a set of royal-looking robes, and the small curving points of his ears bely him to have some elven lineage. Strolling beside the man is another fellow. This one is dressed in leather, a cloak tied tightly from his shoulders, with skin like snow and eyes like pale clouds in the sunset.

As Mandor's brother reaches you, he gives a small nod of his head before motioning towards a vacant table on the far side of the common room. His voice is quiet, causing you to strain to hear it above the din of the patrons. "I heard your words, declaring justice for my brother, and I thank you for the copmassion you show. I, and the town, would be most greatful. Perhaps we can adjourn to discuss the matter further?"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ratibor
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Zimnij to Elnan: "Surprised you recognized me - for men, we shifters are all the same face!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holidays!
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A mug flies into Zimnij and hits him in his back.

"Hey, you furry, a shrew I may be, but it is not for you to call me so. Also, my friend Mog-Ur here is happy to NOT have me as a wife."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"BAH! Woman, I will be happy to hear what this man has to say! Pipe down, all of you! Sir, I am very sorry for your loss. Please lead the way and tell us where to go to discuss this in private." Mog-Ur walks suprisingly steadily for a drunken dwarf and follows the man.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eetu Vuokko
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
I has a monocle!
badge
Ah, a brand new monocle.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Replying to Zimnij: At first you did, but after a while there are differences even men can notice. I hope you'll be coming to the Westfall tower too?
Seeing the hero's brother coming Well, isn't that just wonderful.

Having doubts about the man with elven blood in his veins, Elnan knows that this is not the time and place to bring anything up and gloomily follows the drunken dwarf.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holidays!
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bestla growls something dwarvish under her breath, but seemingly calms down. Well, she does owe Mog-Ur gold, after all, she spent her little fortune on all the weapon she could carry, so now she was pennyless, and lodging and dinner here needed to be paid, so Mog-Ur did. Joining him on this enterprise could bring good loot, or not. Those elvish ears do not look trustworthy, for one thing. But well, lets see, lets see.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ratibor
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Zimnij to Bestla: "Not a wife you say?" he winks. "Well, well, I like strong women "

Zimnij to Elnan: "The tower thingy looks tempting indeed. Hm, I say I'll go if she goes."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holidays!
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Bestla rolls her eyes and facepalms.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group settles in to the table; the brother and his friend taking a seat against the wall. The pale-skinned man remains rigid in his chair, never uttering a word but gazing intently at the group.

As the rest settle in to the seats, Mandor's brother speaks once again. "Thank you for indulging me. My name is Corwin; and I am currently acting as mayor of our town in my brother's absence. My associate here", Corwin nods towards the pale-skinned man to his right, "is Suwa. Since my brother disappeared, I've asked him to step in as the town's defense advisor. I am quick to admit my brother was much more skilled in such matters than I, and could handle it all himself. Alas, I am not my brother."

Corwin pauses to take a deep breath, letting it go in a long sigh before her continues. "I loved my brother, much as the entire town does. His efforts to protect our town have elevated him greatly in the sight of the townsfolk. And, while many are afraid to give voice to it, the fact remains that Mandor is no longer with us. The town, however, demands upon giving him a proper burial. Therefore, your arrival in our town is very timely; along with your proclomation of vengeance for Mandor's demise. My brother deserves better than to rot in the pits of an old ruin. I beg of you; go to Westfall Tower, recover my brother's body, and exact your vengeance upon those responsible for this deed. I am willing to offer you each the sum of 100 gold pieces each for accomplishing this deed, as well as making sure your lodging and food are taken care of. But not your drink." His eyes shift to the dwarves as he mentions the last part; knowing their propensity to imbibe ale.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holidays!
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
100, subtracting what I owe Mog-Ur, hm, plus whatever we find in the tower, if anything... hm, not bad.

"What's the risk? I mean do you have any idea what exactly took your brother? Is the rumour of the goblins true?"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The corner's of Corwin's lips curl downwards in a small frown as he gives a shake of his head. "Unfortunately, I do not know what befell my brother, nor what he might have found inside the Tower. We have experienced increased encounters with goblins throughout the area, but Mandor had recently routed their chieftain. I cannot say if these encounters were from lingering members of the tribe, or a new threat entirely."

Mog-Ur and Rako both can sense something isn't quite right; that perhaps Corwin isn't being entirely honest.


Nice passive Insights!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [27] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.