Recommend
15 
 Thumb up
 Hide
588 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] | 

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC] Black Fang's Dungeon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the in character thread (or IC) for Black Fang's Dungeon. Make sure you thumb and subscribe to this thread. This is where the story is told, the action played out, the lives lost....mwahahahadevil ahem...sorry, my evil GM side slipped there for a moment whistle.

When your character is speaking, I find it best to make the text bold so it stands out.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them in the OCC thread HERE.

So.....let the story.....begin.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Your hometown of Sandpoint is a quaint seaside settlement that periodically has problems with monsters, such as wicked goblins and hungry ghouls, but the citizens always manage to endure and survive. lately, however, a far greater danger has come to threaten the town.

A few weeks ago, livestock started to disappear from nearby farms. Sometimes a half eaten corpse is found, sometimes only bloodstains. The people of Sandpoint are afraid, and mayor Kendra Deverin is growing desperate, She hopes some heroes will volunteer to search out this menace and put an end to it before it kills a person. She's offered a reward of 1,000 gold pieces to the group that stops this mysterious creature, Although no one has seen the killer directly, a long black fang was found in one of the animal corpse, prompting locals to dub the unseen killer "Black Fang".

You have decided to go on a quest to put an end to these brutal killings, Rumor holds that Black Fang is living in an old cave not too far from town, which has been used as a den for many monsters over the years. You've gathered your gear and are now approaching the entrance to this dungeon, but you still have a few moments to get to know your fellow adventurers.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At last! The dungeon is in sight up ahead! Its entrance looks more like a cave than the front door of an underground fortress. A curtain of thick, green moss hangs over the entrance, hiding what lies beyond. Standing in front of the entrance is a menacing old stone statue of a warrior.

What would you like to do?

++when moving, please reference the plot points (ie "I'd like to move Ezren to c5..etc)++

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dread Pirate Roberts
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Wizard saunters toward the warrior statue (e5). Leaning on his club-cane he absently strokes his beard while intensely studying the monument Racking his brain, he tries to call to mind something of value from the enormous tomes he has studied. Sneak, the ferret-like weasel pokes his nose up from Ezren's belt pouch and sniffs the air curiously.

Ooc: don't know if a knowledge check is appropriate
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As you saunter towards the statue you can tell it has been standing here for a LONG time, well over 100 years. Upon closer inspection you see that all the features appear to be melted...you'd guess by some kind of acid.

++No need for a roll right now++
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Troxler
United States
Clover
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiri moves to C5, keeping an eye on Ezren in case he gets too close, and triggers a trap, and finds more of that acid. Amiri says to Ezren, "Be careful not to get to close to that, or your features might get melted away too" Her hand on the hilt of her sword, getting closer to the thick moss covering the entrance using perception? knowing that the moss hides what is beyond.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Perception roll please Amiri.

++This would be a 1d20 plus any perception bonus you get (in your case it should be +5++
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Troxler
United States
Clover
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kkoene wrote:
Perception roll please Amiri.

++This would be a 1d20 plus any perception bonus you get (in your case it should be +5++

Amiri looks 1d20+5 = (19) + 5 = 24 toward the thick mossy curtain,
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118583. trox
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (19) + 5 =
  • 24
  • Amiri looks
  • Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:04 am
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately the moss is too thick to see through, even though you can tell this is obviously the entrance to the dungeon.

Merisiel, Kyra, Valeros....what would you like to do?

Merisiel
Kyra
Valeros
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel pulls a long knife from the folds of her clothes and starts spinning it around her hand as she walks quietly towards the moss covered entrance. Upon reaching the moss she carefully looks at the thick covering looking for any traps. She then walks to the right side and decides to slowly push her long knife into and then spread the moss peering beyond to the inside.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ratibor
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Valeros draws his weapon and moves closer to the curtain as well (e6) and stands a bit behind Merisiel, ready to fight back if anything gross jumps out of that cave at once. Then he addresses Ezren: "Can you perhaps feel any magical devilry here?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Edgar
United States
Pace
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Krya walks around the back of the statue (g5), hoping to find something useful, or something that might explain what happened to this ancient monument. She clutches her holy symbol in hand. Sarenra protect us from whatever fate befell this great statue. I pray it is not a sign of what is to come for us.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dread Pirate Roberts
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Wanting to maximize the spells area, the magician moves to the northwest corner of the statue (g4) and cast Detect Magic toward the caves entrance (e8).
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As if on cue from the cantrip, the curtain of moss suddenly parts and four small, green creatures with melon-shaped heads and toothy mouths carge out, swinging crude swords. These are goblins, a common pest that lives in these hills. Howling battle cries, they charge to attack!



++everyone please roll 1d20 for initiative, don't forget any initiative bonuses you may get.++

1d20+6 = (5) + 6 = 11 ++I made a mistake, I am only supposed to roll once for a group of monsters, not individually for each monster of the same type, so I deleted my four rolls and re-rolled++
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118791. kkoene
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (12) + 6 =
  • 18
  • goblin 1
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:16 am
  • [+]
  • 118792. kkoene
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (2) + 6 =
  • 8
  • goblin 2
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:17 am
  • [+]
  • 118793. kkoene
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (10) + 6 =
  • 16
  • goblin 3
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:17 am
  • [+]
  • 118794. kkoene
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (16) + 6 =
  • 22
  • goblin 4
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:17 am
  • [+]
  • 118861. kkoene
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (5) + 6 =
  • 11
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:14 pm
S Troxler
United States
Clover
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amiri 15/15hp


"Oh great, little green pest"


Amiri initiative 1d20+1 = (7) + 1 = 8


From that initiative roll, it doesn't look like she even noticed the little green guys. whistle




5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118797. trox
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (7) + 1 =
  • 8
  • Amiri initiative
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:34 am
Dread Pirate Roberts
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ezren palms begin to sweat.
Goblins. Why'd it have to be goblins? I hate goblins.

Init 1d20-1 = (20) - 1 = 19

OOC: Yikes, a natural 20! Does that do anything?

HP: 7/7
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118804. daveclevenger
  • 1d20-1 =
  • (20) - 1 =
  • 19
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 1:11 am
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Merisel smiles

I like to call them "Pin Cushions"


Initiative1d20+3 = (11) + 3 = 14
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118814. pepperhead
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (11) + 3 =
  • 14
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:38 am
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
daveclevenger wrote:


OOC: Yikes, a natural 20! Does that do anything?


Not for initiative.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Edgar
United States
Pace
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
HP - 10/10

Taste the heat of Sarenrae's Holy Fire

Initiative: 1d20+3 = (17) + 3 = 20

edit: add in HP
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118868. Zeratul141
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (17) + 3 =
  • 20
  • Initiative:
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:09 pm
Ratibor
Ukraine
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmb
Valeros, HP 12/12

"Come here, you little pests!"


(Init +6) 1d20+6 = (2) + 6 = 8
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118877. falconer
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (2) + 6 =
  • 8
  • Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:32 pm
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Initiative order:

Kyra
Ezren
Merisiel
goblins
Valeros
Amiri

Kyra...you're up!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S Troxler
United States
Clover
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kkoene wrote:
Initiative order:

Kyra
Ezren
Merisiel
goblins
Valeros
Amiri

Kyra...you're up!

This should work out good to start with because of the penalty for using a ranged attack when others are in melee with them. So, Kyra, and Ezren can get their ranged attacks in before Valeros, and Amiri get them in melee.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Edgar
United States
Pace
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kyra whirls her sling over her head, aiming for the nearest goblin's (c9) bulbous head.

Take that creature!

Attack: d20-1 = (19) - 1 = 18

Damage: 1d4+1 = (3) + 1 = 4

Ammunition: 9

Edit: Added ammunition count
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 118993. Zeratul141
  • d20-1 =
  • (19) - 1 =
  • 18
  • Attack:
  • Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:59 am
  • [+]
  • 118994. Zeratul141
  • 1d4+1 =
  • (3) + 1 =
  • 4
  • Damage:
  • Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:00 am
Keith Koene
United States
New Holstein
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The gods smile upon you today Kyra as your stone hits the goblin square between the eyes and it crumples in a heap.

Ezren is up!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dread Pirate Roberts
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ezren steps smartly around the cleric (f6). Grasping his quarter staff like a javelin he hurls it at the next goblin (c9). At first, it doesn't look like it has enough speed to make it. But with a twitch of his hand the wizard telekinetically propels the arcane item like a bolt shot out of a crossbow.

1d20 +3 = (20) + 3 = 23
Damage 1d6+1 = (1) + 1 = 2

Crit? 1d20+3 = (18) + 3 = 21

Damage 1d6+1 = (2) + 1 = 3
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 119012. daveclevenger
  • 1d20 +3 =
  • (20) + 3 =
  • 23
  • Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:55 am
  • [+]
  • 119013. daveclevenger
  • 1d6+1 =
  • (1) + 1 =
  • 2
  • Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:56 am
  • [+]
  • 119015. daveclevenger
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (18) + 3 =
  • 21
  • Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:01 am
  • [+]
  • 119016. daveclevenger
  • 1d6+1 =
  • (2) + 1 =
  • 3
  • Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:02 am
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [24] |