Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK everyone, this would be our GLORIOUS IC thread! Looks like everyone's character is ready to go. Let me post a few links here to the character sheets on the google site, links to maps, and give a quick run-down on the system. Then, we'll be all set!

First off, here are our players:

Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Wilhelm, Human Rogue



Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Firpine Treetall, Human Ranger



Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Macroxilian(Macros) "Blackfingers," Elven Conjurer




Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb

Korlandrieth, Elf Sorceror




Scot L
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ulysses Tangrim (Tangrim), Human Paladin




Dave Ricchiazzi
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Lydia, Half-Elf Hedge Witch

OK, there we have our characters. Next up, let's link to some maps that may be of use at the moment.

Map of Daelamuhn

Map of Gallerim

Pathfinder OGC site (rules, updates, spells, etc.)

[OOC] The Counter-turning of the Wheel OOC/Character Generation Thread

OK, and finally a basic rundown:
Characters can move their speed (don't forget to subtract any armor penalties). To attack, roll a d20 with the geekroller and add the applicable bonus. Free actions such as talking, etc. you can do as much of as you want, but generally you'll only get one move action, one swift action (basically a minor action that takes more time than a free, but less than a standard), and one standard action.

That's about it for the basics. So, on with the first post!

Oh, speaking of, this is the format I like to use with my PbFs:

When writing brief OOC comments, please use [ color = grey] (without the spaces. More in depth OOC comments, please stick to the OOC thread or the tavern on the google site. Once you have finished your ooc comment/roll don't forget to end it with [ / color ](without the spaces)

I like to see actions, descriptions in just standard text/font.

Please try and either bold speech or pick a color that fits your character for speech (if the color route, try and not duplicate another player).

Please try and thumb each post as you read it so I know everyone is on the same page as far as plot/checking the threads/etc.

As to frequency, I try to run games where everyone posts a minimum of once a day. More than once is of course always encouraged, but once a day I think is a good minimum. Weekends, of course, will be more sporadic. That's when I'm generally busy with family, etc.

And I think that's about it, so on we go (don't forget to subscribe)!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll Initiative!
1d20+2 = (1) + 2 = 3
1d20+1 = (18) + 1 = 19
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112852. MasterGeek
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • 3
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 1:09 am
  • [+]
  • 112853. MasterGeek
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (18) + 1 =
  • 19
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 1:09 am
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
picking a color:

WHAT HAPPEN??

Initiative! 1d20+3 = (16) + 3 = 19
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112868. Aarontu
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (16) + 3 =
  • 19
  • Initiative!
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 2:40 am
Dave Ricchiazzi
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1d20+3 = (20) + 3 = 23 for initiative.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112869. Stossel
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (20) + 3 =
  • 23
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 2:51 am
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Btw, Blackfingers is elven, not human
Ooc: initiative 1d20+9 = (18) + 9 = 27
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112885. not2fear
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (18) + 9 =
  • 27
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 5:10 am
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
"Let's go!!!"

OOC: Initiative 1d20+5 = (9) + 5 = 14

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112889. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (9) + 5 =
  • 14
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 5:57 am
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
[/b]Ready for action![/b]

hmmnnn... not very bold for a Ranger

READY FOR ACTION!

Init 1d20+3 = (8) + 3 = 11


6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112899. fentum
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (8) + 3 =
  • 11
  • Init
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 8:32 am
Scot L
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bring. It. On.

initiative 1d20+1 = (17) + 1 = 18
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 113034. vidmouse
  • 1d20 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 12:52 am
  • [+]
  • 113035. vidmouse
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (3) + 1 =
  • 4
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 12:58 am
  • [+]
  • 113036. vidmouse
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (17) + 1 =
  • 18
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 12:59 am
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the first day of Spring in Daelamuhn. As happens every year, citizens of Gallerim and people from villages, towns, and hamlets in the area gather just outside the gates of the country's capitol to hold the Festival of Dawn.

People go from cart to cart, purchasing produce from local farms. Children play games of skill and luck. Adults fraternize over mugs of ale and glasses of wine. This is one of the few days of the year where class and social standing are all but set aside. Dock workers share drinks with scribes, barmaids with ladies.

In the market area on the western side of the festival, trinkets and food are sold, and those present often relax here, eat their lunch, visit with close friends.

A man with an ugly scar across his face, and dressed in armor bearing the symbol of Mikalba, sits under a tree with his back against the trunk. His eyes are closed and his face is tilted towards the afternoon sun as he enjoys a few brief moments of peace.

A large kilted man dressed in the garb of a Huntsman walks the area, taking in the sights and aromas of the food, feeling slightly uncomfortable this close to the city.

An ancient woman, slightly pointed ears protruding from beneath a snarled mess of hair stands at a cart, bickering with the vendor over the cost of some herbs and jars.

An elf with inkstained fingertips and an air of sage-like knowledge about him speaks with another vendor, passing over a coin for several pieces of parchment.

Another elf, wearing the raiments of Shenla, speaks to those near of their travels, enjoying a brief but needed respite from his wandering.

A man dressed in black wanders amidst the carts suspiciously. He feels that something is off, not quite right, but he can't exactly place his finger on what it is.

Suddenly, arrows fly through the air, hitting no people, but causing a scare. There is a loud barking as dogs charge into the crowd, scaring people and attacking those who try to flee. They are soon followed by those who obviously were responsible for the arrows.

The six relaxing strangers find themselves amidst several of these dogs and some of their owners. The vendors and citizens panic, running back and forth, unsure of what to do.

One of the two attackers in the immediate area shouts. "Face down in the grass all of ya! We're here for the valuables. Give 'em and no one gets hurt!"





Quick map explanation. The people in blue are the vendors. The guys with barrels are citizens. You can see where your tokens are on there. The two men by the tree are the attackers, the one with the swords (although he only actually has one) is the one who was shouting, and the black dogs are, well, dogs. Each square is five feet. Trees are trees, bushes, shrubbery are difficult terrain (cost more to move through) but provide concealment, rocks and carts can provide cover.

If y'all are set, Blackfingers is up!


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
RPG Geek Rocks!
badge
Mystic
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Blackfingers

Remarking drily, "This place seems to have gone to the dogs! We should try and keep the goodfolk unharmed before the watch arrives."

He tries to identify the men, whether they are local or foreigners, and any other distinctive traits about them that might indicate their motives. Knowledge(Local) 1d20+9 = (13) + 9 = 22

He next observes the trained dogs carefully, noting their breed and recalling where they might have been acquired from.
Knowledge(Nature) 1d20+5 = (16) + 5 = 21

Lastly, he scans the area, looking to see if there are any reinforcements to these bullies or spell casters lurking about.
Perception 1d20+5 = (17) + 5 = 22

Even as his eyes are busy, his deft fingers had reached into the food vendor's cart next to him for a dab of butter and were moving silkily through the motions of the Grease spell, aimed at the nearest hound.
"butyrum digitis!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 113085. not2fear
  • 1d20+9 =
  • (13) + 9 =
  • 22
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 5:53 am
  • [+]
  • 113087. not2fear
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (16) + 5 =
  • 21
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 5:57 am
  • [+]
  • 113088. not2fear
  • 1d20+5 =
  • (17) + 5 =
  • 22
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 5:59 am
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The group of men appear raggedly-dressed, but aren't bearing any obvious marks or signs of allegiance that Blackfingers can see. However, he does recall word of increased bandit activity on the road outside Gallerim, although never this close to the city itself.

Outside his immediate area, Blackfingers does notice that there are many more of these bandits attacking people, but it appears that others are stepping up to face them as well. He thinks that, for the moment at least, should he focus on those in his vicinity, he won't have to be too terribly concerned about the others.

The dogs are obviously mutts, thought Blackfingers does notice that they bear a resemlence to each other, so he gathers that they all have the same parentage.

He waves his hands and casts the spell grease and the area directly in front of the foremost dog becomes covered with a slick black slime.

Wow, great rolls! I gave you the third roll as a freebie (although the Perception check would have noticed something even if it wasn't obvious). Regarding the Grease spell, it went off. On the dogs' turn, it'll make a saving throw when it moves through the patch to see if it falls or not, and then anything else moving through the marked area will do the same. Lydia's turn!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of turns, how about I actually post the initiative order!

Initiative:
Blackfingers
Lydia
Wilhelm
Dogs
Tangrim
Korlandrieth
Firpine
Bandits
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterGeek wrote:
Speaking of turns, how about I actually post the initiative order!

Initiative:
Blackfingers
Lydia
Wilhelm
Dogs
Tangrim
Korlandrieth
Firpine
Bandits


Do we each wait in turn to respond to the thread based on init order?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
fentum wrote:
MasterGeek wrote:
Speaking of turns, how about I actually post the initiative order!

Initiative:
Blackfingers
Lydia
Wilhelm
Dogs
Tangrim
Korlandrieth
Firpine
Bandits


Do we each wait in turn to respond to the thread based on init order?


Great question, fentum. Yes, when we are in initiative, please refrain from making your actions until it is your round. The exception to this is speaking. Feel free to converse all you want IC, whether it is your turn or no.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Ricchiazzi
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lydia produces a light crossbow from somewhere underneath her traveler's cloak, the logistics of which would be sure to baffle people upon closer examination.

"Get behind your stalls. The dogs won't go for you if you're not the biggest threat," she yells to the shopkeeps. She takes aim at the dog almost directly ahead of her, looking for a shot around the giant in front of her. "Looks like I know what's goin' in my stew tonight."

I tried to look up line of sight of allies and I'm not sure the relevant penalties or if this shot is possible. I'll roll the basics. Also, is there some way you can add letters/numbers to this grid so we can call out squares? Would make movement and targeting so much easier

To hit: 1d20+3 = (20) + 3 = 23
Critical Confirmation: 1d20+3 = (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d8 = (6) = 6
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 113183. Stossel
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (20) + 3 =
  • 23
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 3:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 113184. Stossel
  • 1d8 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 3:46 pm
  • [+]
  • 113203. Stossel
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (8) + 3 =
  • 11
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 4:30 pm
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A well-placed shot from the elderly womans crossbow hits the dog right between the eyes as it charges forward. Upon impact of the bolt, there is a short, loud yelp and the beast stumbles, falling to the ground dead.

Nice shot! And yes, I will add letters/numbers when I get home tonight. Sorry for not thinking of that. This is my first tactical map PbF. Sadly, I don't have access to the program at work.

Oh, I just noticed you rolled a natural 20. Natural 20 is always an auto-hit. You would then roll another attack roll and if the SECOND attack would also hit, you'd done a critical (which is generally x3 damage to x4 damage, depending on weapon). If you do score a critical, you only multiply the die roll, not bonuses added from magic/strength/etc. So once you initially post and you see you've rolled a 20 on the d20, edit your post with a second attack roll to confirm the critical hit.

Wilhelm is up!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wilhelm has always seen dogs simply as biological traps or obstacles to impede his work. He thinks to himself, who are these men? Mere thieves... or is this "theft" just a front for a part of a larger plan? Who do they work for?

The closest dog doesn't seem to have noticed him, so he pulls up his light crossbow, takes aim, and fires at it.

to hit 1d20+3 = (14) + 3 = 17
sneak attack damage 1d8 + 1d6 = (1) + (6) = 7

assuming a sneak attack since the dog hasn't had a turn yet and is within 30 ft
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 113235. Aarontu
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (14) + 3 =
  • 17
  • to hit
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 6:20 pm
  • [+]
  • 113236. Aarontu
  • 1d8 + 1d6 =
  • (1) + (6) =
  • 7
  • sneak attack damage
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 6:20 pm
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The dog just in front of the grease slick lets out a wild yelp as Wilhelm's bolt strikes the creature in the chest. Although clearly on its last legs, the dog's yelp is quickly followed up by an angry growl as it prepares to attack the cause of its pain.

The creature charges at Wilhelm, but it is so intent on the attack that it doesn't notice the slick ground until its too late. The canine's feet slide out from under it and it collapses to the ground.
1d20+3 = (4) + 3 = 7

The third dog growls loudly and charges at Wilhelm, teeth bared and gnashing. It's bite connects, but the attack is deflected by the strength of Wilhelm's armor.

bite attack 1d20+2 = (12) + 2 = 14
Tangrim is up!

An update until I get home and can actually take care of changing the map.

The topmost dog is dead, the next one down is one square ahead of where it is currently on the map (the topmost red circle/grease area). The last dog is directly in front of Wilhelm. Everything else looks the same.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 113255. MasterGeek
  • 1d20+3 =
  • (4) + 3 =
  • 7
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 7:50 pm
  • [+]
  • 113256. MasterGeek
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (12) + 2 =
  • 14
  • bite attack
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 7:53 pm
Mr G
United Kingdom
Hatfield Heath
Essex
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Stossel wrote:

"Get behind your stalls. The dogs won't go for you if you're not the biggest threat," she yells to the shopkeeps. She takes aim at the dog almost directly ahead of her, looking for a shot around the giant in front of her. "Looks like I know what's goin' in my stew tonight."



Firpine scans the crowd, looking for signs of others getting ready to fight - for or against the bandits. That old lady there, she's aiming straight for me... She must be with the... WHOOSH. Her bolt whizzes past Firpine's ear and straight into the snarling mutt ahead. He shouts to his new acquaintance..


Nice shot there lady! I'd best go make myself the biggest threat.



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot L
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Always at the ready, Tangrim launches himself toward the closest bandit and tries an attack with his warhammer.

BOOM!
1d20+2 = (1) + 2 = 3
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 113266. vidmouse
  • 1d20+2 =
  • (1) + 2 =
  • 3
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 8:41 pm
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tangrim charges the bandit, his eyes lit up with fury. A look of fear comes over the man's eyes as the paladin raises his warhammer over his head for a crushing blow. Unfortunately, Tangrim overextends himself and almost loses his grip on the weapon entirely. Needless to say, he retains control of the weapon, but the blow goes horribly wide.

Korltandrieth, you're up!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
Avatar
mbmb
Interrupted amidst a charming conversation, Korlandrieth politely says: "My deepest apologies, dears, but duty calls. Oh! And I'm quite sure that you will find better protection beneath some stalls. Your life will show you gratitude for this."

He then readies his already loaded crossbow, he whim coming stemming from... who knows... a sense of foreboding, maybe?
To help him have a better line of sight at the bandit with the bow, he moves past the folks he was talking to, in order to get a bit closer to the bad guy with the bow and casts the spell "True Strike" to help him shoot true in the next round:

"Asca Sûl Tink"

OOC: edited.





6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 113294. Shadow Hexagram
  • 1d20 =
  • (16) =
  • 16
  • Tue Mar 6, 2012 10:38 pm
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Korlandrieth waves his arms in an intricate motion and his eyes go blank for a moment as he glances briefly into the future, seeing where his target will be when next he attacks. He feels more confident and sure that when he shoots his crossbow, he will not miss his target.


Yohann, as I said in the OOC thread, you actually can't fly until level 15. Could you please edit your post to take that out?
In regards to your crossbow, it would normally be a standard action to get that thing loaded and ready to fire, which would mean you couldn't load it AND cast a spell.

However, I'm more than happy to say the crossbow was already loaded, so you cast the spell and then prepared to take your shot on your next turn.

I am now going to post an updated map for everyone as I'm finally home from work.

OK. Firpine, you're up!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Goenner
United States
St. Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Yup, changed the Avatar for self-promotion.
badge
Go vote in the 24-Hour RPG Design Contest!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Updated to show Korlandrieth's move.
FYI to ranged attackers, if you shoot into melee combat you get a -4 penalty to your attack roll (this does NOT apply to spells, just missile and thrown weapons).

Lastly, with the crossbows, please remember loading requirements. Loading a light crossbow is a move action while loading a heavy crossbow is a full-round action. Both of which provoke opportunity attacks.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [32] |