United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmb
"Seems like a reasonable plan." says Deree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
"That it does. 'Course, may be an ambush waiting, but that's half the fun, ain't it?". Aldris grins with a hint of derangement and moves to follow the elf and halfling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The corridor you plan to traverse is ten feet wide. If you could remind me of light sources and marching order we can get this return expedition under way! (Remember to note what you are carrying readied).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toryn falls in with the rest of the group as they retrace their steps through the corridor. Readying an arrow he takes up a position near the back of the group to give himself room to work his bow if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl, a little worn out from all the work with the staff, and more than a little downcast that it seemed to be a waste of time, readies his shield on his arm and his staff in hand then slides into position in the second rank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmb
Deree readies his sword and shield and moves to the front since the archers will be able to shoot over him easily.

Hands: Short Sword and Shield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldris moves to the rear and readies his longbow. "Seems I'm one of the tallest, and most of you lot have better armor. I'll be right behind ya.".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazlo slips into the middle rank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Narhand readies his weapon & shield and, a tad nervously, steps up to the front with Deree. He doesn't know the way, but he wants to prove his worth to his new friends. It occurs to Narhand that he might need to follow Owl's example of prodding the ground ahead. "Hey Owl can I use that pole of yours?"

Right Hand: Mace Left Hand: Shield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeno discretely steps into a spot towards the middle of the group, a step behind Lazlo and Owl and lights his lantern. Then you all descend down the stairs into the darkness.

The bats fly about in irritation at the light, to and fro amongst the group, blocking your vision for some tense moments as you step out onto the trodden path to the right hand door in the guano. As they settle again you notice a second path, far more faint, you are not certain whether new or not, leading directly across the chamber towards the wide stone doors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl smiles at Narhand. "I like your thinking, Narhand, but this staff is special to me so I would rather not.

However we have been here before. You have not. I also should remember where the traps were.

Might I suggest we swap places? I salute your enthusiasm though!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's follow the faint path, whudya say fellows? Lazlo suggests.

Hands: Sword and shield
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm Sure we'll find something I can use soon enough. No need to switch. Just let me know when we enter unexplored area.", Nardhand replies to Owl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
PghArch wrote:
The corridor you plan to traverse is ten feet wide. If you could remind me of light sources and marching order we can get this return expedition under way! (Remember to note what you are carrying readied).

Xeno lights and carries a lantern.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following Lazlo's suggestion you press straight forward towards the pair of doors opposite the stairs. As you approach the room you can see that the guano is even deeper beyond the doors. A row of columns on each side extends away into the darkness and the bats continue to swirl around you. As you pass under the door with the lantern the bats become even thicker and more agitated, to the point where you can barely see each other or five feet to any side.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Should we put out the light and let us elves use our gifted sight? Perhaps the bats will rest again. Lazlo asks the group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Let's stick close together and get through here as swiftly as we can. The bats will be as much a problem for anyone who might want to ambush us as they are for us. Unless there's some deaders knocking about in here."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
mbmbmbmbmb
"I have to admit, stumbling around in the pitch dark is not appealing to me at all." Narhand says with a bit of trepidation. "Won't they clear out in a few moments anyway?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl speaks out: "Bear in mind, gentlemen, that whatever trashed our first lantern - and I'm guessing it was a much bigger bat than these - is still around here somewhere. Or more of the same. They wont take kindly to light. Can we have the javelins pointed upwards?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Xeno lowers the hood a bit more on the lantern and the bats thin slightly. You slowly make your way forward. With each step and movement the light sends a new swarm of bats flocking around your ears. You can barely see the columns as you pass. 1...2...3...4...5 on each side. Then you come to two small steps up in the floor. You can no longer see a column to either side. The bats and guano here is as thick as anywhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Toryn, does this room look like the one at the bottom of the sinkhole? Lazlo asks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Maybe.", Aldris answers, unbidden. "It's the bottom of a stinkhole, whatever else it is.".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazlo looks up to see if he can make out the platforms that were seen in the sinkhole.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit of computing and you realize that this couldn't be below the sinkhole you saw. That was at the southwest corner of the platform and the stairs you descended headed towards the north from the top of the platform. Since you have been moving only forward since descending the steps you believe you must be significantly to the north of the sinkhole at this point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Owl, Lazlo says, how about tapping those small steps with your prodding stick? Just in case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [18] |