Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
438 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 

The Caverns of Thracia» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Thracia 2012 - Chapter 2 - A Quick Return rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmb
"Doesn't it seem wrong for this thing to be so aggressive?" asks Deree, as he tries to herd the thing away from camp with his make-shift torch?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless it's protecting something? Lazlo chimes in. Perhaps we stumbled into its nest. He slowly backs away as well while keeping his bow ready to fire.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quiet until now, Owl stands ready with his shield forward and his staff positioned to ward off any attacks from the snake. He is well aware that his weapon will be next to useless against this thing, and so he aims to protect the group rather than do something stupid.

Saying to the group he says, "We must not back into the dark or the forest, we do not know what awaits us in ambush! This could be someones pet....!" Owl lets that last thought trail off into silence.

Hands: Shield and Staff
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"This situation is not going to right itself. We need to drive this thing off or kill it." Narhand says just before loosing his stone at the snake.

Sling (+1 Range) 1d20+1 = (10) + 1 = 11
Damage 1d4 = (4) = 4
Hands: Sling
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112901. Astinex
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (10) + 1 =
  • 11
  • Sling (+1 Range)
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 8:42 am
  • [+]
  • 112902. Astinex
  • 1d4 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • Damage
  • Mon Mar 5, 2012 8:42 am
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The sling stone thuds into the soil near the snake. The creature turns and rears up, taller than Deree. It hisses loudly towards Narhand. Then it turns and begins slithering back towards the trees.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldris says quietly, "If we let it go, we'll need to move camp. Should we?".
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Let it go. But I would say we definitely need to move down the road a bit."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's move. Lazlo adds.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Deree: Does it make sense to move camp or to just start our day? The sun is peeking through the trees now, it's not like we've got hours more sleep ahead of us.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You cluster together and watch the snake safely depart back into the trees. Deree in particular breathes a sigh of relief. Pythons look tough, and are known for being even more dangerous than they look. There are stories of distant relatives who had been attacked and swallowed by large snakes.

The sun is indeed coming out of the trees. Some of you are a bit groggy, but you could break camp and travel on. The two elves have not had their full night's sleep. So, they won't be able to memorize spells today. Not a problem unless you encounter more trouble. Xeno has already reviewed his Sleep spell.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl nods but then says, "Gentlemen. The sky lightens, we are all wide awake, we would be moving on again in but a few short hours anyway. I suggest we strike camp and make an early start to the statue. Once there we can lunch, and if need be, sleep."

Owl starts to gather his pack together and dons his armour ready to move on.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like a good plan Owl. Lazlo says sleepily.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You gather your camp, being perhaps a bit more careful looking for other snakes or insects. The mighty python has apparently decided you weren't worth the effort, as it does not come back. The sun is filtering through the upper canopy by the time you resume your travel.

Again you are able to make a good pace through the day. In fact, the road is clear for the entire trip. You meet no travelers headed the other way, and your pace must be matching those heading westward. As the day wears past noon you see signs of wagons being pulled ahead of you.

Due to your early start you arrive at the Statue of Kadmos by the early afternoon. Within the clearing is a gypsy caravan, 4 wagons painted in bright colors and draped with flamboyant cloth. They have gathered into a small square in one corner of the clearing, near the base of the statue. Otherwise the clearing is empty.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Walking into the clearing Owl sees the Gypsy caravan and smiles. He turns to the group and says, "Well now, there's a stroke of luck. I have heard, in my travels, that the Gypsy peoples are quite friendly and cook the most wonderful broth, and that for a gold and a story they are quite happy to share!"

Owl sniffs the air. "And indeed! I believe I can still smell some rather tasty food on the wind. If you wish to eat well gentlemen I suggest you make some new friends!"

And with that Owl starts to walk across the clearing towards the Gypsy caravan. He will aim for the person who looks like they are in charge of the entourage. There he will befriend and politely inquire about joining them for some food and company.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Owl concludes, Aldris says in a quiet voice, "Maybe. I dunno. I've heard that gypsies are.....", he pauses as his eyes narrow suspiciously and he glances about in a conspiritorial manner, "....not to be trusted.". He then nods, affirming his declaration to himself. "Still, could be worse. Doesn't look like they've got any mimes with 'em, at least.". He then shrugs and follows Owl.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Narhand moves forward with Owl and others, the idea of some warm food makes his stomach grumble a bit. "Well met travelers." he says as he gets closer.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Deree is stand-offish. He's heard some of the same tales about gypsies only he puts more stock in the words of his ancestors than some.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The gypsies welcome any who would join them and are soon plying those who partake with a fine stew and slightly less fine mead. Their numbers are hard to count as the adults constantly come and go between wagons and little children dash about frenetically. One of you catches a glimpse of a child removing one outfit and putting another on, apparently just for the humor of pretending to be someone different. They reveal that they are headed westward and have arrived here just ahead of you today. They plan to stay a few days in this location of relative safety before journeying on.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Lovely stew! My thanks to you for your hospitality. Can you tell us if you, on your wanderings, have heard tales or seen any old buildings or towns around here that are now abandoned? We are in search of ruins to check out and rid of evil creatures!" Owl talks to the head Gypsy and his entourage.

Hands: Bowl of Stew and Mug of Mead! Owl is well happy!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazlo watches his pouches thinking that he's heard of gypsies being light-fingered.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As the evening wears on Owl gets an opportunity to ask his questions. The gypsies nod solemnly and one stands to get something from a wagon. He returns and tosses a steel helmet in front of you. It looks antiquated and dented, but still effective. They tell you that there are primitive tribes within these jungles that do not speak the modern tongue and are rumored to waylay small groups of travelers. Occasionally they are seen well armed and armored in gear such as this helmet you see before you. They warn you that you seek mysteries that stay hidden for good reason.

Then the mood lightens again and they lead you in some rousing drinking songs. Unless you have other questions or needs you can part with them as friends at the end of the evening.
6 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldris, having listened and eaten in silence, speaks to the others as they're about to turn in for the evening. "Don't let those gypsies fool you. They're just afraid we'll do a proper job of clearing the ruins before they can. Mark my word. Those dog boys wouldn't have set up shop like they did if there wasn't something worth having. Wait and see.".
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take first watch so I can get a full night's sleep since we were so rudely interrupted last night. Lazlo mentions. And I'll keep a sharp eye on those gypsies. He softly says to Aldris.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toryn nods to Lazlo. "I'll take the last watch and get my rest now." With that Toryn heads off to his bedroll.

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl says to the adventurers "I will gladly take the darkest hours, I have slept enough to keep me going for a while. Perhaps, Narhand, you would care to join me and we can discuss the current state of the clergy throughout the land while we watch?"

Owl begins to unpack his backpack, looking for an item that is near the bottom. Once found he will then re-pack his belongings methodically, leaving out some rough parchment and a small two inch bowel as well. The item he was looking for was a oblong casket with a latched lid, six inches in length.

Owl placed his items in the shade of one of the four corner awnings then found a chopped log that was dry with a flat surface that could be used as a table. Kneeling he spread the parchment onto the bark and held it down with stones.

Taking the casket he opened the lid and took out a small ink block wrapped in linen. Using his knife Owl scrapped off a few flakes of dried ink block into the small wooden bowel then added a couple of drops of water. From the casket he picked up a small pallet knife and mixed the two together until the ink was even.

Owl then picked up the feather quill that was also in the casket and began to mark the parchment. He started with the clearing and the statue of Kadmos and the road leading in and out. A small arrow pointed each way with the name of the town that lay in that direction next to it.

Owl waited for those marks to dry, and while he did so he tried to recall their direction and route from the previous trip to the strange building where his two companions had bravely forfeited their lives in the search of glory and riches.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] |