Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
438 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] | 

The Caverns of Thracia» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Thracia 2012 - Chapter 2 - A Quick Return rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The souls of Durik and Arrowstopper put well to rest, you gather your wits, equipment and group to plan your return.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazlo is ready to venture forth and delve deeper into the Caverns.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl is in a thoughtful and somber mood, but in a good way.

He is ready too.

Are we assuming that our new cleric was the gentleman who read the (rather good I must say!) last goodbyes? And that he and I knew each other from a cleric's training course a year or two back?
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldris is raring to go! It's sad that Arrowstoper and Durik are gone, but they got unlucky! That will never happen to him!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Narhand had been looking for adventure since he arrived in Artanes. Unfortunately he had little luck in finding any. Low on funds, Narhand is beginning to fear he'll have to return home having failed before he even began.

Yet fate seemed to step in. Narhand had heard of a burial service being conducted for some unlucky adventurers. Out of a bit of desperation Narhand decided to check out the services in in the morbid hope an opening may be available. Feeling a bit low about himself, Narhand watched the services from a distance and wasn't sure he'd actually have the nerve to approach the bereaved about joining the group. Just as he was about to lose his nerve completely, Narhand spotted someone he recognized. A fellow cleric who went by the monicker Owl. Narhand remembered the Owl to be a bit more vocal than Narhand was, but otherwise he was a good man.

Narhand finally decided to approach the familiar priest, "Well met. My name is Narhand. I'm not sure if you remember me, but we've met before."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl studies the Clerics face, and bores into his very soul, reading him like a book. After a few seconds, his eyes light up and a smile shows on his face. "Indeed I do, we trained together for a few months when learning how to turn Undead. Nasty business that was, losing Felhard to such an unfortunate accident. But the weak will fall!"

Owl turns to the group and says, "I know a person seeking companionship and a path to tread when I see one. Narhand here can be trusted, and I invite him to join us if you all agree?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazlo nods. Welcome to the group, Narhand.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Narhand is surprised at how quickly Owl accepted him into the group. He remembered Owl, but not with great detail. He would make it a point to get to know the man better. "Well I certainly appreciate the offer. I was indeed looking for an opportunity to adventure." Looking to the Elf, "Well met sir." And then looking at each of the others present, "And well met to you all."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Owl smiles, then says to everyone, "Well, our friends here will finish up the details with our fallen companions. Let us retire for a drink, meal and bed and then in the morning we can see if there is another caravan heading back out to the statue of Kadmos and our destination. The first round is on me."

With that Owl starts to walk back down the hill, head held high, heading for their old haunt, Niko's Cask.

Unless anyone else has any other plans I am happy to skip forward in time either to finding a caravan or to being back at the statue of kadmos, whichever way the GM sees fit
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Having made no other arrangements, it appears that the return trip to the Statue of Kadmos will be a quieter venture with just your group. Although on foot, you are able to travel more quickly than with creaking wagons and intend to cover the journey in two days of travel, requiring only one night's sleep within the dark jungle.

Having regained your strength and supplies you set forth again, to avoid the mounting costs of living within the city. I believe that the Wiki isn't updated for everyone regarding gold and experience. I'd like to start the "adventure" tally over, so please make sure your entry indicates any money or equipment gained or spent. Assume you have restocked your rations - but, everyone has expended 5 gold each on room and board during the time you were back in Artanes.

You depart in the early morning, at first light, in order to cover as much ground as possible. Indeed, by the early afternoon your are at the edge of the fields and wilderness around the city and plunging into the darkness of the jungle. A few hours of quiet travel on the road later, you see the shadows and darkness begin to grow, signifying sunset. Soon you come to a spot where the trail widens a bit in the jungle, offering a place to set camp and rest.

Recognizing that the elves and wizard need uninterrupted sleep you assign shifts in pairs. Toryn and Lazlo take the first watch, and Xeno will take the last directly at dawn, along with any early risers. The rest of you draw lots for your time. Aldris and Deree draw the midnight shift. Your arrangements made you gather about a small fire and attempt to sleep.

The night passes and the slivers of sky you can see up through the branches and leaves above begins to lighten a bit. Xeno is now taking his watch, and Deree recently awoke, restless in the damp morning. The rest of the group is sleeping soundly, clustered nearby.

Xeno and Deree, each please give me a Wisdom check.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
deree wisdom check 1d20 = (4) = 4
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112466. sdonohue
  • 1d20 =
  • (4) =
  • 4
  • deree wisdom check
  • Sat Mar 3, 2012 6:45 pm
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deree and Xeno are sitting quietly, side by side gazing into the impenetrable shadows around them. Suddenly, Deree grabs Xeno's forearm and points upward. He seems unable to speak and frozen by fear. On a large branch more than a dozen feet almost directly above them Xeno sees a great python coiling its way forward. The massive snake is easily over twenty feet long and as big in girth as Deree's chest. It peers down and flicks its tongue disturbingly.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
PghArch wrote:
Xeno and Deree, each please give me a Wisdom check.

1d20 = (16) = 16

i r clueless
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112483. cosine
  • 1d20 =
  • (16) =
  • 16
  • Sat Mar 3, 2012 8:33 pm
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
PghArch wrote:
It peers down and flicks its tongue disturbingly.

Awake!

Having raised the alarm, I'll back away warding it off with my walking stick.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldris jumps up from where he's sleeping and quickly strings his bow. He then pulls a regular arrow from his quiver and draws down on the giant snake, but forebares from firing for now.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cosine wrote:
Awake!

You are all suddenly roused from sleep by Xeno's shout. You look over to see him looking up, trying to stand and back out of your camp. He's waving his walking stick above him. A glint of light lets you see the massive snake's eyes. The beast lets out a hiss. Whatever else, the waving walking stick seems to have distracted it from Deree. It coils the rest of its bulk onto the branch above you.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Narhand roused from his sleep, readies his sling.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Deree grabs a burning brand from the fire and waves it at the snake.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff G
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
badge
Move along.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazlo readies his bow.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toryn rolls from his bedroll grabbing his bow and readying it.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The python hisses at the smoking brand and shies away a bit from it, but otherwise begins lowering itself into the center of your camp! By now Xeno has backed a good thirty feet away, but the rest of you are still close by.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldris slowly steps backwards, trying not to draw the snake's attention as he replaces the arrow in the quiver, slings his bow, and draws his two handed sword.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Casual Gamer
badge
You'll get over it.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Narhand Steps back cautiously. Still ready to fling his stone if needed.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Smith
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Toryn hastily backs away from the descending snake readying to loose an arrow.

Party initiative 1d6 = (1) = 1
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 112787. Einroy
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Party initiative
  • Sun Mar 4, 2012 6:34 pm
Brian Leet
United States
Burlington
Vermont
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You all scramble backwards as the snake unceremoniously drops into the midst of your camp. Its tongue flicking it slithers about among your gear. You have all scrambled back into a broad circle, shrouded in darkness, about twenty feet away from the coiled beast.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [18] |