Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
681 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 

Star Wars (WEG Original Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Pirates - Blue Squadron - IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dark Overlord
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
perhaps I could enter through the waterway and at worst, cause a diversion. There is also the possibility we could enter the camp undetected and have the goods in our possession before cutting the fence or blasting our way out.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Testing my strength 2d6+2 = (4 + 5) + 2 = 11
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101639. salish99
  • 2d6+2 =
  • (4 + 5) + 2 =
  • 11
  • Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 pm
David Pierce
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
shouldn't that be 4d6 = (3 + 2 + 6 + 4) = 15
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101654. Maddtrippin
  • 4d6 =
  • (3 + 2 + 6 + 4) =
  • 15
  • Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:14 pm
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edit: you indeed need to roll 5D6's, please make that roll again.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maddtrippin wrote:
shouldn't that be Maddtrippin previously rolled 4d6 = (3 + 2 + 6 + 4) = 15

I don't know... my strength says 2d+2
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Edit: you indeed need to roll 5D6's, please make that roll again.


5d6 = (5 + 3 + 3 + 5 + 5) = 21
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101721. salish99
  • 5d6 =
  • (5 + 3 + 3 + 5 + 5) =
  • 21
  • Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:27 pm
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah,pardon me n00b.

Wailer is still dreaming about heavy weaponry mounted on his R2 unit, and accidentally sticks his data reader into an electrical outlet. After receiveing a small shock to his hand, he realizes his mistake, choses the right access panel and successfully (21/20) bypasses the security fence.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Roulan pats Wailer on the back and whispers: Nice Job driod jockey
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Walier mumbles sum'p'm incomprehensible and thinks about how much easier life would be if he had his R2 unit with a dome-mounted ion cannon with him to blast through the camp.He takes back his tools and sets the system to remotely inform him with a beep in case the fence is reactivated to its normal condition.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay you got to reroute the power of the fence it's safe to cut through or climb over.

If you climb over you will all need to pass a moderate climb roll (15), if you want to cut that will make a lot of noise, you can distract the tower guards with an easy con roll (10).

After you enter all of you also need an easy hide (10) roll.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Do Wailer and I need to since we already snuck in through the river?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Jaem looks at Veeb, hesitates for a second, then nods at something only he can see.

"This lightsaber might look like a piece of junk, but it's the best cutting tool we have. Looks like you're going to get a chance to use it."

Veeb begins to object, but Jaem cuts him off.

"I'm the distraction. So you're going to have to handle the cutting. The on button is here", he pushes a button and the lightsaber comes to life, making a pleasantly muted hum. The blade seems more stable than it was before, and a deeper purple, maybe even verging on ultraviolet. Jaem clicks it off after a few moments.

"Now - get to the fence and be ready. You'll know when the distraction starts."

Jaem musses his hair, takes off his outer robes, and rolls in some nearby dirt. When he emerges, he looks as homeless as he was when he first joined the Rebellion. Leaving his blaster with his robe, he heads down the path to the main gate of the encampment, staggering a little from side to side, and mumbling about whiskey.

Con roll (10): 4d6+1 = (5 + 3 + 5 + 3) + 1 = 17
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101746. bwt2q
  • 4d6+1 =
  • (5 + 3 + 5 + 3) + 1 =
  • 17
  • Con roll (10):
  • Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:37 pm
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
OOC: not sure who narrates here, but my thought was to try to trick the guards into thinking I was supposed to deliver some whiskey for a celebration ordered by Vangar, but my skiff broke down in the jungle, a few klicks down the path. It wouldn't take more than a few of them to go get the whiskey and bring it back...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To sneak in by the river:

It's actually a very small and narrow trench and a human can just fit and squirm through. It's not that deep at all and you must avoid the shock fence as well. Make an easy dexterity check (difficulty 10) to pass it.)

Delivering Whiskey


Are you really trying to do this?

Cutting the fence:

You can distract the guards long enough to cut a whole so you can sneak in, getting the whole bigger to get the supplies out will not work so you will need to do it another way. If you are in make an easy hide check so you don't get noticed. (10)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:

Delivering Whiskey

Are you really trying to do this?

Maybe a little animal thrashing in the woods would do it - though I am curious to see how this would turn out...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Overlord
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"but Jaem....."

In a softer, yet barely audible voice: "You humans are always so impetuous. Sometimes I'd rather be working with a bunch of Quarran."

"I do hope he doesn't get himself killed"

Marrab reverently picks up the lightsaber, This is the only lightsaber he has ever seen, and the first time he has actually handled it. Resisting the urge to play with it (just a little), for fear it may not work when he needs it to, Marrab focuses inwardly and tries to sense his teacher as he heads toward the gate, and readies himself for his role.

Sense roll 1d6 = (5) = 5
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101927. jaybarlekamp
  • 1d6 =
  • (5) =
  • 5
  • Wed Feb 1, 2012 12:51 pm
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Delivering Whiskey[/i]

Are you really trying to do this?


OOC: you said make a Con roll. I made a Con roll. That's the game part of Role-playing Game. Now I'm doing the role playing part. If you want to do that part instead, then that's fine - you make up the Con that I'm supposed to be running here so the guards don't hear us cutting the fence.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Con doesn't need to stand for you trying to con the guards, it also stands for creating any kind of diversion, like throwing a rock into the bushes, if the roll succeeds they are distracted.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Con doesn't need to stand for you trying to con the guards, it also stands for creating any kind of diversion, like throwing a rock into the bushes, if the roll succeeds they are distracted.

That's great - and totally off topic.
I told you what kind of Con I wanted to run. It was apparently not what you expected. Fine. I feel like you're handling it by just squelching my idea and telling me I have to do it the way you want (which I'm supposed to figure out with ESP?). So I'm feeling a little frustrated here. I guess I expected more flexibility.

As a suggestion, it seems like it would be appropriate for you to say "Your whiskey Con is a lot more involved than a simple distraction. If you want to go through with it, that's a Difficult (20) check on Con, but the guards would be out of the compound for the raid, making Hide checks easier.", then let me decide whether it's worth the risk.

Saying instead, "Are you really trying to do this?" just makes me feel stupid, and a whole lot less willing to actually participate.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For me you can do whatever you want but I just wanted to make sure that you meant it, it would be identically the same question I would ask at my own gametable because people often vent ideas but don't go through with them. I'm sorry if you took this the wrong way that wasn't intended.

Personally I think you guys are doing a great job so far, please also keep in mind that we aren't playing at the real table so communication isn't that easy here and I just want to keep this going.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pank
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC: As I understand it, I need to make a hide roll?

Hide: + 1 for Perception 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 = (6) + (3) + (3) = 12

Glancing at the nearby guard towers, Coln lowers himself to the jungle floor and begins to crawl toward the fence.

"It sure has been awhile since basic..."

Edit: Spelling, original roll was a 13 (12+1). Sorry if editing like that changes the roll or isn't protocol! The GM can take which ever roll he'd like.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 102123. penroff4
  • 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (6) + (3) + (3) =
  • 12
  • + 1 for Perception
  • Thu Feb 2, 2012 12:17 am
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so what's the rest of the plan?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Jaem finds the trail, and heads toward the pirate base. Before staggering into view, he takes a moment to look over the perimeter. The guards he can see look more professional than he expected - this Vangar must run a tight ship. He expected the guards to look tired and possibly drunk, maybe even be asleep. But the one he can see is awake and alert, and looks well trained.

"Looks like some other kind of distraction might be in order", he mutters to himself.


I'm trying to think of a distraction significant enough to cover a "lot of noise" - seems like I need to do enough to draw all the guards over to one side of the compound, but not enough to wake everyone else in the camp up.

Can I see any of the guards well enough to use Receptive Telepathy to hear what they are thinking? Maybe that would give me some help in figuring out how to distract them.

I guess what it comes down to is that I'm don't feel like throwing a rock, or making the underbrush rustle is enough disturbance to distract from a loud noise at the fence line - especially when there are guard towers overlooking the fence line. Am I overthinking this?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Orange
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe you could use your lightsaber to cut a tree near the northeast corner of the camp and then use the force to knock it down then we could all sneak in through the water.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking up from his dream of an R2-mounted disruptor cannon, the Engineer realizes that there is a canal everyone could crawl into the compound in - no telltale noise, no damage to the wall...
Lifting his mkie to his mouth he whispers on the scrambled channel: " Folks, there seems to be an even easier way in. Anyone else wants to join me in the canal. I will wait until I hear back from everyone - I'm also cool with us cutting the wall open, but I climb as good as a R2 unit..."
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] |