Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
681 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 

Star Wars (WEG Original Edition)» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Pirates - Blue Squadron - IC rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You've been working with the Rebel Alliance a little while, flying a few missions in a beat-up Ghtroc freighter called the Merry Thrubidor. You've mostly been transporting — and sometimes smuggling — supplies to your secret Rebel base.

A few days ago another Rebel transport was ambushed by the infamous Pirates of Prexiar, led by their savage Barabel leader, Vangar. The pirates looted all the supplies, killed the crew and scuttled the ship.

Your base needs that cargo — weapons and medical supplies — for an upcoming assault on an Imperial prison holding important Alliance personnel. Your group is assigned to fly to Prexiar, the pirates' baseworld, land your freighter far from their camp, hike through the thick jungle, steal back the cargo, and somehow escape. The fate of the next skirmish against the Empire depends on your heroic efforts to retrieve supplies.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alrighty, time to get our materials back.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Your team has been assigned to retrieve supplies stolen by the Pirates of Prexiar. You've landed your ship in the jungle several kilometers away, and have hiked here to the pirates' encampment. You take cover in the surrounding jungle and survey the base. In an hour it will be dawn. You don't have much time to act before you lose the cover of darkness.

Roulan: This doesn't look too good.

Marrab Veeb: There are a lot of pirates down there. Check out the guard towers.

Jared Coln: And look at that four-meter-high fence. It's probably electrified.

Dausdel Lorsulina Hetorrak Reiywor the 8th: Hey, we can probably circumvent the shock fence's power and cut through somewhere. Or we can crawl in through that gap where the stream runs into the camp.

Morrison Wailer: That'll be a tight squeeze. What about the pirates in the lookout towers?

Jaem Tobar: If we're quiet about it, we don't have to worry until we've got the supplies. See all those barracks and warehouse buildings inside — they'll provide great cover. Besides, they're all busy taking a break from unloading cargo from that pirate corvette.

Roulan : But what happens once we get inside? Blasting out of there looks just as hard as sneaking inside.

Jared Coln: They'll have guards everywhere. And I'd hate to get caught by Vangar — I hear he does terrible things to prisoners.

Dausdel Lorsulina Hetorrak Reiywor the 8th: Check it out. They've left a skiff there by the unloaded cargo. And there are the crates with the "Outrider Shipping" markings. Just what we came for.

Marrab Veeb: But it's guarded.

Jaem Tobar: So we take out the sentries, load up the cargo, and fly out, blasting anybody who stands in our way. We'll be back at our ship in no time.

Morrison Wailer: I wonder if there are some heavy weapons in that cargo we're supposed to recover.

Marrab Veeb: We really shouldn't touch anything.

Jared Coln: Those supplies are needed back at the base soon.

Roulan: If we fail here, the raid we've been planning for months against that Imperial prison will be doomed.

You'd better get moving if you're going to steal those supplies back. You've already spotted two ways in: crawling under the fence near the stream, or trying to reroute the fence power and cut through near the pirate corvette.

Dausdel Lorsulina Hetorrak Reiywor the 8th: Let's get to it, team. What's our first move?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a tech, not a contortionist - I much prefer rerouting the fence. I can probably do it with the tools I have with me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do that, you will also need to cut a whole in the fence to get through or climb over the fence to do this.

Ask as many questions as you like but don't take to long.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pank
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm for messing with the fence's power. Going in by the stream puts us on the wrong side of the camp.

Where can we circumvent the shock fence's power? And will the pirates notice something's wrong with their fence?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What if Morrison and I go in through the stream to rerout the fences power. Once that's done the others can cut a hole and go through the fence and we all meet up between the mess hall and the repair shed?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be possible to reroute the power of the fence but it will be a bit hard, but having the tools will help and make it easier. You can get to the fence without being noticed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
"I've got something that will cut the fence."

Jaem grins as he pulls out his "lightsaber", which looks more like a discarded piece of a food replicator than a weapon, and presses the button. Sure enough, a blade of bright purple light springs out of the hilt, accompanied for a brief moment by the quiet hum of an energized lightsaber. A second later, however, the hum is replaced with a loud static noise, and the blade begins to shift colors wildly.

As one, the group turns to look at the guard towers for signs of activity while Jaem frantically punches the activation switch. The sound - and the blade of light - vanish.

The old man frowns. "Give me a minute. I just need to adjust the dispersion feedback from the optical parametric oscillator..."

No wonder he never pawned his lightsaber for booze money, you think, He probably couldn't convince anyone it actually was a lightsaber.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesper Bøje
Denmark
Horsens
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dausdel the 8th: okay, team. Cant any of you take care of that fence, or should we try to find another opening in?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, Roulan and I will reroute the power, you others get ready to cut through at the far end where we are invisible from the guard towers. Rerouting it with this dandy subroutine I have on my r2 unit won't trigger any alarms, and will be untraceable by their system (I hope). Once the rerouting is done, leave the hole open for us, we will follow you through there.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Pank
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Wailer, that sounds good. If the distance from the tower is good, I think we should enter through the west side. From the south we hit the barracks, from the east we hit the mess hall. From the west we can slink through the warehouses and make a dash for the supplies.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent. Let's go.
Are our clocks synced? It's now 3AM, Coruscant time - I suggest if you don't hear from us in 1 hour, continue without us, you won't see us again.
All scrambled communicators working well? Yes?, good.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to be a party spoiler but I don't think you actually have your R2 unit with you. This is rather a jungle, okay I know that in Star Wars Luke has R2 in a swamp but I don't think it very realistic. To my knowlegde the R2 would stay in the spaceship.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
looks around, astonished
Grin, I am so found of the little bugger, I tend to think it's always with me... Ah, well.
In any case, at least I remembered to bring my utility belt and a few illegal toys from my days delivering food and supplies to some listening post rebels, having to dodge some security systems on space stations. There was this one station though, that we thought we had everything under control, and then the security descended on us in force. Lost my former R2 unit that day.
In any case, let's leave.
sneaks towards the base with a dreamy vision of an R2-mounted RPG-launcher
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
who is following him?

All make an very easy hide check (5) to get at the fence.

When rerouting the power you need to make a difficult (20) security check.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I follow through the fence
3d6 = (1 + 3 + 4) = 8
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101352. Maddtrippin
  • 3d6 =
  • (1 + 3 + 4) =
  • 8
  • Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:24 pm
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiding and sneaking 1d6 + 1d6 = (2) + (2) = 4+2
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101531. salish99
  • 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (2) + (2) =
  • 4
  • Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:43 am
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC: you can just typ in 2d6+2 in the geekroller, that works as well.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Having successfully snekad up to the reroting point, I carefully remove my sophisticated tools, set a surge protection to prevent alarms from tripping, even if I fail in the re-routing, and then start twiddling with those wires. Result: 4d6 = (2 + 5 + 3 + 6) = 16+1
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101533. salish99
  • 4d6 =
  • (2 + 5 + 3 + 6) =
  • 16
  • Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:04 pm
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
almost...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101640. salish99
  • 1d6 =
  • (2) =
  • 2
  • Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:50 pm
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You get zapped by the shock fence.

Damage roll: 5d6 = (4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 1) = 20

Please roll your strenght
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 101534. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 5d6 =
  • (4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 1) =
  • 20
  • Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:07 pm
Brian Thomas
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Jaem winces as the smell of fried engineer wafts back over the rest of the group.

"The fence is too dangerous", he says, holding his nose, "We need to find another way. Unless..."

He thinks for a moment. "Why are we deactivating the fence again? My lightsaber can carve a hole in it regardless of whether it's electrified or not. Is it smart, or just electrified?"

"Might be a good idea to know where the bad guys are too."


Jaem would like to make an attempt to Detect Life in order to determine where the pirates are within the compound.

OOC: Wailer rolls 5d6 on Security
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dark Overlord
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to offer an alternative solution, has any inspected the water supply entering the base? perhaps a way can be found beneath the water.

OOC: apologies, I was unaware that we had started. And I notice now that the waterway is indeed a way in, from the intro post
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] |