Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...

Your team has been assigned to retrieve supplies stolen by the Pirates of Prexiar. You've landed your ship in the jungle several kilometers away, and have hiked here to the pirates' encampment. You take cover in the surrounding jungle and survey the base. In an hour it will be dawn. You don't have much time to act before you lose the cover of darkness.

Veruna Ren: This doesn't look too good.

Cale Jonos: There are a lot of pirates down there. Check out the guard towers.

Xukas Raal: And look at that four-meter-high fence. It's probably electrified.

Jayce Blaine: Hey, we can probably circumvent the shock fence's power and cut through somewhere. Or we can crawl in through that gap where the stream runs into the camp.

Okkram Alexdnrus Rek: That'll be a tight squeeze. What about the pirates in the lookout towers?

Kezar Pugan: If we're quiet about it, we don't have to worry until we've got the supplies. See all those barracks and warehouse buildings inside — they'll provide great cover. Besides, they're all busy taking a break from unloading cargo from that pirate corvette.

Veruna Ren : But what happens once we get inside? Blasting out of there looks just as hard as sneaking inside.

Xukas Raal: They'll have guards everywhere. And I'd hate to get caught by Vangar — I hear he does terrible things to prisoners.

Jayce Blaine: Check it out. They've left a skiff there by the unloaded cargo. And there are the crates with the "Outrider Shipping" markings. Just what we came for.

Cale Jonos: But it's guarded.

Kezar Pugan: So we take out the sentries, load up the cargo, and fly out, blasting anybody who stands in our way. We'll be back at our ship in no time.

Okkram Alexdnrus Rek: I wonder if there are some heavy weapons in that cargo we're supposed to recover.

Cale Jonos: We really shouldn't touch anything.

Xukas Raal: Those supplies are needed back at the base soon.

Veruna Ren: If we fail here, the raid we've been planning for months against that Imperial prison will be doomed.

You'd better get moving if you're going to steal those supplies back. You've already spotted two ways in: crawling under the fence near the stream, or trying to reroute the fence power and cut through
near the pirate corvette.

Jayce Blaine: Let's get to it, team. What's our first move?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll go and hike out the stream. We may be able to get in through there without attracting attention. Anyone want to accompany me?

Someone should probably scout the main entrance and the fence itself. If we can take out the ship, the pirates are stuck and can't escape.
They've walled themselves in. Just like at the legendary battle of Transivere
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:
I'll go and hike out the stream. We may be able to get in through there without attracting attention. Anyone want to accompany me?

Someone should probably scout the main entrance and the fence itself. If we can take out the ship, the pirates are stuck and can't escape.

It took me a while to find out that you are Okkram, the Retired Imperial Captain.
I suggest we use banners to ID our posts (this idea come from battlestar galactica PBF). This is mine:

What you guys think?
It can be smaller:

Also, as a suggestion, I'll use ITALICS for the role-play and normal text for discussion with fellow players.

I don't think that you should go alone, Okkram... you might as well rat us out. Let's hear from everyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Dutys_Fist wrote:

Veruna Ren: "I'll go with you, but let's make sure that the stream's not mined somehow."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I'll try to find out where the fence power come from and check if there's a way to cut it out. Who's is coming with me ?
Veruna, set your comlink to channel 7. Let's keep each other informed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Great idea sir! By the way, we might be interested in looking for items to aid in causing a distraction. That way we can distract the guards while stealing their shuttle.
Also, , I'll send this stick down the stream and see what happens. It should help in determining whether or not the entrance is mined.
Tally-ho!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Collins
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I wonder if there's anyone in that ship. If we could take off with that, with all of the confusion I doubt there'd be anyone watching those supplies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb

Kezar, I will come with you and look for the power source. Also, I am without a weapon at the moment, so if anybody finds one lying around, could they acquire it for me?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You can see patrols of guards walking around the grounds, on each of the guard towers there is a pirate with a blaster carabine.

At the opening to the jungle path there are about 10 pirates standing on guard.

From time to time you see a back door from the mess hall open and someone coming out to take some water from the pool.

The electric fence is powered by a machine inside the compound and can't e reached from the outside, with a technical roll you can however bypass the electricity for some part of the fence and then cut through or climb over it.

Okkram as a retired captain you know that a customs ship needs a crew off 16 persons.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb

Maybe we should cut the fence and sneak through the by the stream and overpower the guy when he comes out to the pool.
The others seem to be congregated by the from gate and the corner with the pool is hidden from their sight. We just have the watch tower in that corner to worry about. Any ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spleen wrote:

I wonder if there's anyone in that ship. If we could take off with that, with all of the confusion I doubt there'd be anyone watching those supplies.

Is there any visible flak cannon or similar in this base?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Shouldn't we devise a plan before we barge in?", Veruna said, "Where can you sabotage the fence and cut through? My concern here is when we get the stuff, what then? We can't use the stream to take the supplies out, we should use the ship, but I never was a good pilot... can it be done?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember you are here with your own ship, it's parked a while away, if you can get the good you can use that ship. This ship will be to big for your crew to handle it.

There is a cargoskiff not far from the ship and next to the repair shack their are some speederbikes. The crates are to big to just carry off.

As far as you see there are no heavy weapons at the base visible, except on the corvette itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It is exactly my concern. Once we're in, even if we make it to the supplies undetected, we need to get those out. Since we cannot move them we'll need the skiff. Can the skiff be used through the water canal? If not, we'll have to pass through where we cut the fence... or the main entrance which is suicide: the tower guards will pepper us of blaster fire.

Have these pirates any uniform or distinctive sign so that we could disguise at them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot manoeuver the skiff through the canal, the opening is only good enough for a normal person to crawl through it. You could try to ram the skiff through the fence but it seems strong and the electrical charge could do some strange things with the skiff. But if you can remain unspotted then you could be able to use the element of suprise and blast yourself out before the guards really know what is happening.

The pirates don't have any distinct marks on their clothes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Ok, so there is a clear surprise here.

Can we use the skiff with the jet bikes?

If not, here's my proposal for the plan.

"Okkram, you sabotage the fence and you cut through. Wait there taking aim to the towers, if all hell breaks loose take down the guard towers, and then go back at the ship and heat the motors, we may be pursued out of the planet.

Cale, and Xukas, you're with Okkram, you get through the fence and go to the warehouses and look hard for anything of use and opportunity. Your mission there is: sabotage the jet bikes (leaving a couple for you) so they won't follow us in the jungle - at least not that fast - and reprogram any droids there to add to the mayhem. Then you take the bikes and ride back at the ship.

Jaycene Jayce, you're a sneaky crackshot, you're with me through the canal. We sneak to the supplies and take out the guards, silent. We take the skiff and move through the opened fence.

Kezar, you're outside the fence near the supplies. You take cover and aim at the towers. If all hell breaks loose, you take them out, and cover us as best as you can. If you position gains too much heat, reposition and fire again from outside the fence on the barracks. Try to create mayhem. When you see that we're out of the fence and you're detected, go back at the ship.

As two groups we'll keep constant contact, but put your comlinks to silent, otherwise we'll be detected."
, Veruna waits the others to say yes or nay.

Edited to include Kezar, and add this little message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can try to use the bikes and the skiff, there is enough place on the skiff to accompagny you and the crates but you can take the bikes as well. To pilot a skiff or a bike you will need to do a check: repulsorlift operation, if you're doing difficult things with it it will become a more difficult check.

One thing I have not mentioned yet from the rules. You can spend one round aiming and the next round you get a +1D on your blaster shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Russo
United States
Madison
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

"And what am I, chopped bantha livers?" Jayce says with a smirk. "I'll come with you, Veruna. Even three for both teams. Yeah?" He takes another look beyond the fence. "But we're going to have to move before they find out we're here before we're even inside."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've edited the plan again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Hey, Veruna, which group do you want me to join? I can help take some guards from distance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Okkram, you sabotage the fence and you cut through. Wait there taking aim to the towers, if all hell breaks loose take down the guard towers, and then go back at the ship and heat the motors, we may be pursued out of the planet.

Cale, and Xukas, you're with Okkram, you get through the fence and go to the warehouses and look hard for anything of use and opportunity. Your mission there is: sabotage the jet bikes (leaving a couple four for you two and me and Jayce) so they won't follow us in the jungle - at least not that fast - and reprogram any droids there to add to the mayhem. Then you take the bikes and ride back at the ship.

Jaycene Jayce, you're a sneaky crackshot, you're with me through the canal. We sneak to the supplies and take out the guards, silent. We take the skiff and move through the opened fence.

Kezar, you're outside the fence near the supplies. You take cover and aim at the towers. If all hell breaks loose, you take them out, and cover us as best as you can. If you position gains too much heat, reposition and fire again from outside the fence on the barracks. Try to create mayhem. When you see that we're out of the fence and you're detected, go back at the ship.

As two groups we'll keep constant contact, but put your comlinks to silent, otherwise we'll be detected."
, Veruna waits the others to say yes or nay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Williams
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
www.ormistonwhisky.com
mbmbmbmbmb

This seems like a reasonable plan. I will follow. I'm ready to go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Puga
Brazil
FLORIANOPOLIS
SC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I don't like to just wait, I'm a man of action. But I see this is a good plan.
I'll wait outside the fence, close to the skiff. I'll take aim to the northwest guard tower, it has a clear view to the supplies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, how many places has the skiff? Two? If yes, take just two jetbikes. Time's running short...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [54] |