Doctor Who Roleplaying Game» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: [IC] The next world rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: RPG-thread [+] Dr-Who [+] Pbf-finished [+] [View All]
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Prologue:

[OOC: going to railroad / force a few things without much explanation to get you all together just to get it started. I'm not even going to explain where Rose is coming from to avoid spoilers. Hope you don't mind. And if you do, tough luck.]

The Janitor finds himself flying over Cardiff in his outhouse TARDIS when all of a sudden three humans materialize inside it. Probably some spikes of rift activity that caused a glitch in the asymmetrical energy burst compensator. A pretty looking blond girl, a student and what looks like a Torchwood operative are plucked from the streets of Cardiff and standing in the TARDIS control room.

Just as they materialize, something pops on the controls, smoke coming out, warning lights flashing, warning beeps beeping, and the TARDIS starts spinning out of control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mbmbmbmbmb
What the hell are you doing here? Who the hell are you? Why the hell are you making a mess off my TARDIS? Okay I'm not having this you lot are going out the same way you came in. The janitor is walking to his consoles as the TARDIS starts to go off.

What the? the Janitor is thrown to the floor and gets up trying to get a grasp on his TARDIS. Oh, look what you've lot done now...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Right. I understand, mother. I'm off for holiday, so get off my back about school." It was pretty much the same for Harold. His mother was fussing about college again, how he should take more pride in his work and study hard to become a doctor. Problem was, Harold couldn't stand the sight of blood. Last thing he wanted to be was a doctor.

"Listen mom. I'm going into computers. That's where the real money is nowadays. If it weren't for computers, we wouldn't..." Suddenly, Harold found himself inside a rather strange looking building. He stood there a moment, not noticing that his cell phone had quit working. "Mom, I'll call you back." he said quietly as he hung up. He began to turn around, but suddenly heard someone shouting at him. Before he could answer or ask questions of his own, he felt the building lurch beneath his feet, causing him to fumble off the platform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Stop right there you bloody perambulatory fish, or I'll shoo... Mitchell slowly lowers his revolver, taking I the motley group of characters now in front of him.

What's going on here? Who are you people?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose is thrown to the side of the TARDIS because of it's uncontrolled spinning. She recognizes the TARDIS, that is great, new adventures ánd the doctor. At least he should be here. Who are all those people here? Where is the Doctor?

"Where is the Doctor? And why are you all here? What have you done to him, and what have you done with the TARDIS?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Are you hurt, miss? I'm not a doctor, but do have some first aid experience.

Mitchell steps toward Rose, but a sudden lurch from the TARDIS knocks him off his feet, sending him into a mass of knobs, wires, blinky-lights, and what he hopes is chocolate mousse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What have I done to the TARDIS? I just finished cleaning it up and now you people are ruining it with your bloody feet. So you know the Doctor he, well come over here you can keep the material stabiliser right while I adjust the Thingy Whingy. Can someone grab hold of that whatizname... no not that one, the ohter one so I can stabelize this thing and get you off it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Cleaning up the TARDIS? What are you, a janitor or something? What have you done with the doctor I asked you!

Meanwhile Rose is trying to get to the material stabiliser, this twisting and turning from the TARDIS has to stop somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
haven't seen the chap in years, didn't he die in the timewars? always left a mess behind. no what are you people doing in my TARDIS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rose, looking at the controls you notice that they look somewhat different than you're used to. It looks like a different TARDIS. You're not quite sure which part is the material stabilizer. It might be the lever on the top middle next to The Janitor. Could be the crank at the left side. Or maybe one of the buttons on the right side.

[OOC: The Janitor: you can try to stabilize your TARDIS. It will not be an easy task though. Roll for coordination and transport and add your vortex bonus. You can make the others help you using directions, though they'd need to spend a story point to follow your directions correctly. If they do, you get a +2 bonus for each).]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh let it be then, I will do it myself:

2d6 = (4 + 1) = 5 + 3 + 1 + 2 = 11

sorry what is my vortex bonus? Don't have the books with me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51596. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 2d6 =
  • (4 + 1) =
  • Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 am
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanging onto his phone and whatever is close by, Harold is still a bit lost in the situation. "Who the hell are you people? Where am I? What the hell is going on here!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He tries hard, but The Janitor fails to take full control of the TARDIS. Too many things going off at once. The TARDIS looks like it's choosing a way of it's own. The Janitor can see on the instruments that they are certainly not flying over Cardiff anymore, but traveling through time and space, destination unknown. At least the shaking and rolling seems to have stopped and the TARDIS feels pretty stable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
okay, this seems a bit more organised, let me first off all do a check of the date and the time, I see. Enviremental reports, Okay, now you lot out of my TARDIS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Looking directly at the man who has been playing with the "contols" the most, Mitchell asks,

Now that we've stabilized, would somebody care to explain where we are and what's going on?

Mitchell has holstered his revolver and has regained his feet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"What do you mean get out of here? I don't even know where here is!" Harold stands slowly now that things start to settle. The earthquake must be over, so he looks around to take in his surroundings better. If he spies a door, he heads towards it in an attempt to open it. "Damned strange an earthquake in this place. I hope the buildings are alright."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harold looks around for an exit. The controls are in the middle of the room. it's easy to walk around them. The room seems to have several exits leading of to other parts of the building. There is only one door. The door looks like one from an outhouse. It's wooden and has a small heart shaped hole in it. Just as Harold tries to open it, he spots something strange looking through the hole. It looks like a vortex of light and smoke, spinning all around them.

The Janitor: you can see the years changing fast. 2042, 2043, 2044, ... It doesn't seem to slow down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Why are we in a tornado? And why is the door shaped like an outhouse? Where am I?" Harold turns around again and starts walking to the center of the room, trying to take it all in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"I'm not going anywhere else but where the TARDIS goes, I'm staying right here. Being brought here, I thought that because of the doctor."

Rose now takes the time to look around at the other people present and the new look of the TARDIS. She walks up to one of the others who seem to be here by circumstance.

"Hi, I'm Rose. Who are you?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Vereen
United States
Leland
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Harold." His voice is shaky as if he's not too sure he's said the right name. "I'm Harold Davis. You seem to know about this place, Miss. Where are we?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm Mitchell. He looks Rose up and down and pauses. A glimmer of recognition flashes in his eyes.
Rose? Tyler? I think we have a file on you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
She doesn't know this place and shouldn't know this place. I try some more fiddling to get the TARDIS to stop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Nice to meet you Harold, and you too Mitchell. Although I am not too fond of anyone having a file on me. What does it say?"

Rose frowns and gives the still nameless person a dubious look.

And if this TARDIS is anything like the one I know, then we are in a time- and space travelling device. Opening the door is something I wouldn't advise now.

Adressing the "doctor" "I guess you are stuck with us for now" she delivers the message with a broad smile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Janitor can see the years going up. 4138, 4139. He turns a few knobs. 4140. Pulls a plug. 4141. Lets air out of a tube. 4142. Finally finds the brakes and the TARDIS comes to a full stop. 4143.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, nice to have met you all. I flip a switch and walk to the door. Now if you all would like to step outside...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [15] |