• [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
I'm still in, but I've been ill lately and not clearheaded enough to write anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. So that's three players and at least one replacement. Jose, are you reading this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I'm still in. Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... I'll go back to the original recruitment thread and see if I can scrounge up a player. Feel free to continue posting narrative and answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, a friend of mine is going to take over Naomi:

So, no reason not to post now! I plan to put up more narrative and questions on Tuesday at the latest (though will do it Monday if everyone posts over the weekend).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hello, everyone. I'm new to Lady Blackbird, so apologies if I botch things. But I'm looking forward to joining in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. K.
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FrankScenario wrote:
Hello, everyone. I'm new to Lady Blackbird, so apologies if I botch things. But I'm looking forward to joining in.

Hooray! Don't worry - I'm new to it too! Thanks for picking up in the middle - I know we're all glad to have you playing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
FrankScenario wrote:

YEAH! Welcome to the party! I'm new to Lady Blackbird as well... and new to the whole PBF so you're in good company. Excited to see this move along some!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. K.
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have my copy of LB handy at the moment - so can someone help me remember what I can do when I hit a key?

I know I can take XP, or... add a die to my pool, maybe?

Anyhow, I need to say what I take on the IC page thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
yes... 1xp or 1 dice... Though i still don't know if that one dice is for now or for always
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
yes... 1xp or 1 dice... Though i still don't know if that one dice is for now or for always

My understanding is that it is added to your pool for now - it doesn't permanently increase the size of your die pool.

EDIT: Though I will agree the rules are ambiguous on this point...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
thanks for the clarification... yeah, it is ambiguous. I think if it was forever, that might be too powerful...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. K.
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought since you spent dice from your pool, hitting keys was a way to replenish that pool. Since my pool is fine ATM, I guess I will take the XP!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
By a strict reading I think it's added to your pool but doesn't increase the max. pool size. So you can temporarily go over 7 dice but you always refresh back to 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
By a strict reading I think it's added to your pool but doesn't increase the max. pool size. So you can temporarily go over 7 dice but you always refresh back to 7.

I agree with the assessment that it allows you to temporarily go above 7. In fact, I think the rules explicitly state that the dice pool goes to a maximum of 10 dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. I thought I could find the time to go on with the game, but clearly I couldn't. I better leave the spot to another player. Sorry again modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jose-san wrote:
Sorry. I thought I could find the time to go on with the game, but clearly I couldn't. I better leave the spot to another player. Sorry again modest

Understandable!

So, what do the rest of us want to do? I almost wonder if it would be easier to start over... even for the four people still playing, things are moving rather slowly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I have time to post more, I've just been trying not to be over zealous since this is my first* PBF.

*I'm also in a We Be Goblin's Pathfinder PBF but that's moving at about the same pace as this one.

I'm up for continuing, but whatever the group wants. It's been a great experience so far for me. Love the way this works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. K.
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rishi wrote:
[q="Jose-san"]
So, what do the rest of us want to do? I almost wonder if it would be easier to start over... even for the four people still playing, things are moving rather slowly.

Ugh. If this game hits the reset switch, I'm probably out. What I want is more, more, more! If we could ramp the pace up on this game so that we're posting almost every day, that'd be great.

I'm having a great time, when we're playing, and I understand that players coming in and out isn't under Rishi's control. I just want to find out what happens! So if we can sub in another player, great. If Rishi wants to take over the missing player, great. If someone wants to step up and take a second PC, great.

I just can't face starting all over again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is designed with five, but there's also the possibility (if everyone else is still on board) of playing without Kale. He can become an NPC... with the story we have so far, he's not as integral to the action as the other characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'd like to continue, ideally but not necessarily with a fifth. I'd also like to speed things up a bit in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
So it sounds like we want to continue, want to continue from here, want to speed things up a bit, and would like to have a fifth, but aren't hung up on it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, here's what I decided. We're not starting over. If someone is reading this (either now or later on down the road) or if one of you knows someone who wants to play, they can play Kale. But we'll play with him as an NPC for now.

I'd rather not play without Lady Blackbird, so I hope that Phil is still interested in playing. Still need posts from two people before I want to post again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I'm still in, I just wanted to hear whether we were continuing or not before I composed my screed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |