Recommend
11 
 Thumb up
 Hide
328 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] | 

We Be Goblins!» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC (Complete) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OOC thread

We be Licktoads! We make raid!
Put the longshanks to the blade!
Burn them up from feet to head,
Make them hurt, then make them dead!

Cut the parents into ham,
Smush the babies into jam,
All the rest in pot get stewed,
We be Licktoads - you be food!


You are goblins of the Licktoad tribe, who live deep in Brinestump Marsh, south of the hated man-town called Sandpoint. Once, other goblins tried to burn Sandpoint down, and they would have been legends if they had succeeded. But they didn’t bring enough fire, and got themselves killed as a result.

Yesterday, your tribe discovered that one of your own had been using forbidden arts and was engaged in one of the greatest of taboos—writing things down. In fact, rumor holds that what he was writing was a history of your tribe! There’s no swifter way to bring about bad luck than stealing words out of your mind by writing them down, and so your tribe had no choice. You branded the goblin’s face with letters to punish him, which is why everyone calls him Scribbleface now, and then you ran him out of town, took all of his stuff, and burned down his hut.

That’s where things got interesting, because before you all burned down his hut, Chief Gutwad found a weird box within the building. Inside was a map and a lot of fireworks—fireworks that immediately came to use in burning the hut down. Then, this morning, Gutwad announced that tonight there would be a feast in order to drive out any lingering bad luck from Scribbleface’s poor decisions. But perhaps even more exciting, all of you have been secretly invited to meet at Chief Gutwad’s Moot House. Why would the chief want to speak to you? It can only mean that he’s got an important mission for you all... one that the other goblins of the tribe couldn’t pull off. This could be your chance to go down in Licktoad history!

Right now, you've been told to wait outside the Moot House by Gutwad's advisor, Slorb. Slorb is a very important goblin, because he's the only Licktoad who can handle the might of Chief Gutwad's words without fainting from fear. You've never heard the chief speak; as you all know, the words that come out of his mouth are so mighty that they might frighten away all the words in the heads of lesser goblins.

You know one or two of the other goblins gathered outside pretty well (what with you all being from the same village) but it's probably a good idea to make sure they know who you are, given how important you reckon this mission might be.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Mogmurch approaches up the path to the town's Moot House. He kicks distractedly at rocks and hums a song. As he gets closer he sees the small group waiting around Gutwad's tent.

"Hey Slorb! Rempty says you has goblins coming here for a doghunt. Or foods. Couldn't hear - Repmty busy lickin' my face. You got foods?
CHUFFY HI CHUFFY, hi Poog. Who's dat?"
Mogmurch trails off, pointing at Rita with a piece of a dog's rib.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Reta, wedging another halfling toe into her teeth to keep for later, slowly turns to display her head size to most advantage. Puffing up to her biggest, she shouts:

GO AWAY DOG-BAIT! ME MEET WITH CHIEF!

For emphasis, Reta flings a small mouse (live) at Mogmurch's nose.

roll for throwing mouse: 1d20 = (12) = 12

6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51055. eddie_drood
  • 1d20 =
  • (12) =
  • 12
  • Wed Sep 7, 2011 2:15 pm
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Poog sits on the ground, trying to look dignified, even with the toad on his shoulder.

"We alls been called to see chief. Maybe chief not like you calling Bogsmurch names."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Mogmurch makes no effort to dodge the rat, instead dropping to all fours and sniffing at where it came to rest after bouncing off his cheek.

Ha - Foods after all! Horse-breath can stay, she brings food!

With a slurp/crunch the first half of the mouse disappears.
You wanna finish dis? uurrrrrrp!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
After you've been waiting outside for a few minutes, the face of Slorb, Gutwad's overdressed, pompous advisor, appears in the doorway. "Enter!" he calls, in a high-pitched, nasal voice, before immediately disappearing back inside.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Reta tries to take advantage of her size and rushes the entrance.

The one who goes in first is most important! Others can come too. After Reta.

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Poog will walk in last figuring that if the chief gets mad, he'll be able to get away.

"Of course, girlies always firsts."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Mogmurch tries to shoulder in past Reta - not because he thinks of position but just because this is interesting - but only scceeds in wedging the two in the frame. After some grunts and grumbles he eventually gives up and enters second.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
quietly singing to himself Chuffy enters the hut. he could care less about order and more about killing and burning.

"Chuffy’s face might make you sick ,
But Chuffy’s knife is awful quick.
And if you are his stabby pick—
Then knife goes in you, stick stick
stick!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
You all file in to the Moot House, the interior walls of which are covered in trophies, including scavenged enemy weapons, shiny treasures, and the brine-pickled bodies of dozens of brutally slaughtered small furry animals (mostly dogs). However, your attention is drawn to the centre of the room, which contains the famous Teeter Chair, itself taller than two goblins, one stood on top of the other.

Sitting in the great chair is the portly frame of His Mighty Girthness Chief Rendwattle Gutwad, silent and impassive as always:


“You all sit there!” commands Slorb, pointing at the area of dirt directly in front of the chief's throne.

A few moments after you are all sat on the ground, you are shocked when Chief Gutwad himself starts speaking to you in a deep booming voice!

“You all be heroes. Each of you. You are best Licktoads but for me. And maybe but for Slorb. That you aren’t fleeing in terror from mighty sound of my voice is all the proof you should need. Yet soon, all Licktoad goblins will know your might, for I have picked you for a dangerous mission.

“You know about fireworks and map we found in Scribbleface’s hut. Fireworks were fun. But map is more fun. It shows a route to a place near the coast where Scribbleface found fireworks. And it says there are more fireworks there!

“I want them for Licktoads. You all go get them tomorrow. Tonight we have big bonfire to burn bad luck away from you, and we play many games. Much fun. Tomorrow you fetch me fireworks. If you meet men, you make them dead. If you meet dogs, you make them dead. If you meet horses, you make them dead. If you meet Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many, you maybe should run. And if you not find fireworks, you not come back or we feed you to Squealy Nord!”
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Mogmurch removes his splayed hands from his ears. No exploding from voice!?
He stands up straight away and tries to look tough.

"Fireworks? More fireworks! And fire and games! Best ever!
Hey, your Girthiness - how bout we bring Squealy Nord, then he can eats Lotslegs if we meet 'im?"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
"We'll find fireworks, bring back! We the best Licktoads! Make many things dead on trip! Maybe bring back a few dead things. And fireworks!

Where map?"


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Kell and Steal
burn a lot
this is the place Chuffy's spot


I'm in great biggest and meanest.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
"Zarongel like fire burn
Fireworks help all to learn
Zarongel will bless this quest
Poog thinks Chief is the best!"


With his song, Poog will dance out of the tent to help prepare the bonfire - Zarongel loves bonfires and it pleases him when his worshipers build REALLY BIG ones.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Mogmurch wrote:
"Hey, your Girthiness - how bout we bring Squealy Nord, then he can eats Lotslegs if we meet 'im?"
Gutwad explodes in laughter, and the Teeter Chair wobbles alarmingly. "Bring Squealy Nord? Hah, I likes to see you try to lead fearsome boar through Brinestump Marsh! Stupid goblin!"

Reta wrote:
"Where map?"
Gutwad replies: "Slorb, give map to goblins!" Slorb comes forward, bearing a dirty piece of parchment with a crude map (including a squiggly line) drawn on it, and hands it to Reta.

Gutwad grunts. "Gutwad bored now, I go eat rats and get ready for bonfire now. You all leave Moot House now; I start bonfire at sunset." At the chief's signal Slorb shoos you all out of the building.

Sunset is several hours away; plenty of time to ask around the village about any topics of interest, or prepare yourselves for the following day's mission.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
COME ON! We IMPORTANT goblins will study dis map! Then get loot for trip.


Reta knocks over an unused goblin that isn't a party member and uses him for a table, spreading the map out to study it. Anything stand out?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
The goblin that Reta assaults struggles for a minute, then accepts his fate, lying face down in the mud. It takes Reta a few minutes to see what's what, but eventually she figures the simple map out out. It shows little more than the Licktoad village, the place where the fireworks are supposed to be (which is drawn to look a bit like an old shipwreck on the map), and the creek that runs between the two places. By following the creek, you should be able to reach the old wreck without too much trouble. Unfortunately, it looks like the wreck is also located in the part of the swamp that all Licktoads know to be the territory of Vorka the cannibal.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
This be easy! Follow stream to good stuff, bring back. Mogmurch, Chuffy, What you know about Vorka?

Reta wads the map up and sticks it in her pouch and lets the table-goblin up, already thinking about where she can get stuff for swamp trip.

Does the creek stay small/shallow, or get big at some point? What do we know of Vorka the cannibal? Is he/she a goblin?

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
eddie_drood wrote:
This be easy! Follow stream to good stuff, bring back. Mogmurch, Chuffy, What you know about Vorka?

Reta wads the map up and sticks it in her pouch and lets the table-goblin up, already thinking about where she can get stuff for swamp trip.

Does the creek stay small/shallow, or get big at some point? What do we know of Vorka the cannibal? Is he/she a goblin?


know check: 1d20 = (6) = 6
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51401. eddie_drood
  • 1d20 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:26 pm
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
think check: 1d20+1 = (6) + 1 = 7

what do I know about this vorka the cannibal
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51404. Jamesbv7
  • 1d20+1 =
  • (6) + 1 =
  • 7
  • Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:54 pm
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
What does Mogmurch know about the area heading off down the creek - plants, scary animals besides the ones mentioned, hazards? He's probably been out that way looking for alchemy stuff before and hasn't died yet!

Knowledge (Nature) 1d20+6 = (16) + 6 = 22

After peeking over Reta's shoulder at the map to see if anything looks familiar, he jumps from foot to foot in excitement.

"Mogmurch get burning stuff and make big fire! Tomorrow we find stupid Scribbleface and his stupid words and Volga and maybe even Lotslegs and it won't eat no more gobbin babies!"

"We find Scribbleface, ha!
We kill big dumb jerk, ha!
We run away from Lotsalegs but then we stick im' with our sharp things, ha!
"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 51409. shawnssica
  • 1d20+6 =
  • (16) + 6 =
  • 22
  • Knowledge (Nature)
  • Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:01 pm
paz AKA Matt Lewis
United Kingdom
Great Sutton
Cheshire
flag msg tools
Going gentle into that good night
badge
Badger badger badger
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Reta and Chuffy sit down and scratch their heads for a few minutes, but find they don't know as much about Vorka as they thought they did. Maybe they'd have more luck asking around the village?

Mogmurch though has a good idea of what to expect in this area. Brinestump Marsh is a place of great bounty, with lots of places to hide and lots of delicious things to eat. Some of those things are kind of poisonous, though, so take care. One of the best things about the marsh is that the humans don’t normally come into it. They’re afraid of the monsters. Which are a concern, but if you know about them before they find out about you, running is always an option. Among the dangers that you can expect to face in the portion of Brinestump Marsh that you’ll be heading through are wild dogs, giant bugs, giant snakes, and giant frogs. Oh, and Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many. And maybe Vorka.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie Drood
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Seriously, call Kenny Loggins because you're in the Danger Zone!
badge
M, as in Mancy
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Shrugging at Chuffy, since neither of them know more than what's on the map, Reta begins going around the village asking:

What you know about Brinestump swamp?
What you know about Vorka?
What you know about Lotslegs Eat Goblin Babies Many?



If there are any hunter/explorer types, or relatively "old" goblins, she'll start with asking them.

She'll refine the questions with appropriate foot stomping (on theirs, of course), and a catapillar bribe, where necessary.

She can wander around doing that for a while, so no rush getting back to her. She'll keep questioning gobbos until all the likely folks have been asked.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Paz's WBG! PBF - Dogslicer Gang - IC
Ugh, dogs. We goblins pokes them til they quits barking!


Mogmurch will fill in some details for Reta & the others, embellishing everything with wide-arms for size and tall-arms with finger-teeth for meanness, and then bragging,

"But don't worry, Reta. Mogmurch'll kill em!"
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [14] |