Recommend
12 
 Thumb up
 Hide
737 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [30] | 

Deathwatch» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: The Jericho Vigil. Mission 1: Needle in a green stack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Out of Character Thread and index
Characters

It has been several weeks since you were selected by your chapter to join the Deathwatch. Since then you have journeyed through space to the destination for your service. You arrive at the space station Port Wander. Here you remain for several days, an object of admiration for the serving guardsmen. Agents of the Ordo Xeno has placed you in quarters far larger than you are accustomed to. For the first time ever, you find yourself without the ensuring presence of your fellow chapter brothers.



Finally, what you have been waiting for arrives. The Emperor's Sentinel, a Deathwatch cruiser, arrives in the system. It docks only for a short while, leaving almost as soon as you make it onto the ship.



A serf shows you to your cell, it is as modest as you are used to, completely bare, except for what you need to store you gear, and a sleeping cot. Without asking, the serf takes your power armour with him, you open your mouth to chastise him, but think better of it. Several hours later he returns with your power armour. It has now been painted almost entirely black, only a few symbols of your chapter remains, and of course, the entire right shoulder guard is untouched. The left arm has been polished into a strong silver colour, and on its should guard, you see the mighty emblem of the Deathwatch

Before he leaves, the serf tells you that Watch captain Corvida is expecting you in the mustering hall in half an hour.



The hall is as enormous as it is magnificent. Trophies from old triumphs fill the walls. Hanging from the vaulted ceiling is banners, most of them from different Space Marine chapters, but some also from the Imperial Guard. You can also see a banner from your chapter hanging here.

Standing in a line, you see three groups of marines. One group with five marines, one with four, and one with three. There is also a 13th marine, standing by himself. The serf guides you to your place, forming a new line, with four other marines that entered the hall at the same time as you, but from other directions. You five stand facing the other line of marines.

You take a look at your fellow marines.

OOC: This is an opportunity for each of you to present your character. How he looks and his thoughts.
6 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Jericho Vigil. Mission 1:
I am Brother Dariel from the Blood Angels. I have devoted my life to help my chapter unveiling the secrets that are in our libraries and know I hope to do the same for the deathwatch.

I do feel losts without my brothers, but welcome this new experience and chance to serve the emperor. I will make my brothers prode or will not return. I feel a sense of comfort when I see the Blood Angel banner hanging there. My blood drop pendant will give me force.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Jericho Vigil. Mission 1:
Brother Dorio's face is impassive and stoic as he examines his surroundings. This is partially because the right half of his face is immobilized by a metal faceplate. A mechanical eye is inset in the plate, a replacement for the eye he lost half a century ago while battling demons with his brothers among the Imperial Fists. The left half of his face is still flesh, but bears ancient scars, as if it had been severely burnt and never fully healed. The effect of the metal and flesh halves of his face give him a terrifyingly inhuman look beyond that normally found in the hulking form of his geneseed.

As he looks at each fellow marine in turn, Brother Dorio thinks, Ah, a few fellow Imperial Fists. None that I recognize, though. Well, it is of no consequence. I am a member of the Deathwatch, now; chapter loyalty is meaningless.

Brother Dorio inspects the four marines that stand in line with him. Fellow new recruits, undoubtedly. He starts to open his mouth to introduce himself, but thinks better of it. This is a grave and ceremonial moment, and he does not wish to disturb the solemnity.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Taking the Oath and arrival at Ferros
Two marines enter the hall. Together they walk up to the two lines, standing at the top of each line, between them. This is Watch captain Corvida and his second-in-command. Corvida has his helmet off. His skin is almost white as snow, his eyes dark, and what can be seen of his hair shows that it is black. He has a slight smile on his lips, most unusual for a Space Marine. He might even be considered amiable looking.



“Welcome to the Deathwatch. Service to the God-Emperor, is the only path a man can take, and still remain untainted. You are selected for a most distinguished service: the Deathwatch. Many brothers have come before you, and many will come after you. Serve with honour, and you will honour all of them. I ask my marines to remember two things, that they are tasked with purging the Xenos, and that if they want to accomplish this, they must trust their brother marines. Many find the first one easy, but many falter at the second one. We are a diverse lot in the Watch, I recommend you learn our ways.”

He motions to the 13 marines on his right, but speaks to you five. “These are my established squads. They have proven themselves. Soon, in the Emperor's name, you will prove yourselves too.” Corvida stops, and looks at all of you attentively.

“You five will have to rely on each other in battle. The bonds between you, must be forged quickly, if you want to be an effective kill-team.” Corvida then leads you in taking the Deathwatch oath.



You travel for several weeks, both in the Immaterium and through the Jericho-Max Warp gate. As the ship enters normal space, you are all called to a briefing.

The briefing room is circular, with a raised dais in the middle. The other marines on the ship are standing in a half-circle around it. You take your place. The view outside is magnificent. A huge asteroid belt, surrounding a pale blue star.



Corvida steps onto the dais and turns on the holographic projector. Images flicker into life, images of the system. “Brother marines, we have just entered the Ferros system. As you can see this system have no planets, but it is still of vital importance to the Achilus Crusade. When the Crusade first arrived at the Reach, it secured this system, and its wast mine-able resources. A few years later, in a nearby star system, the Imperial Navy destroyed an Orc Waagh-fleet. The remains of that fleet found its way here. Since then the Navy has tried to clear this system of Orc infestation, but because the infestation is small, and Navy's resources are strained, no coordinated, major attempt to rid the system of Orcs completely have been attemplted.”

The holographic image changes again, showing figures and numbers of casualties, both Orc and human, and also resources mined.

Corvida continues, “Usually, this kind of operations would have been beneath our notice, but we have gotten a special request from Inquisitor Res on Port Wander, to accomplish something for her here. One squad will be used for this, the rest of you will be tasked with various combat mission in the sector, since we might try to give the Navy some decisive power while we are here. Return to your training brothers, you will be called upon when you are needed.”

As you file out, you all have the opportunity to talk to the other brothers in your kill-team.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Jericho Vigil. Mission 1:
It's been several weeks since Leviticus joined the Deathwatch. While he spend that time practicing and praying he's very eager to start the first mission. There are a lot of uncertainties. He's sure everyone selected for the Deathwatch has extraordinary skills. But still, how will everything flow outside his regular squad. With all these marines from different chapters it is possible that cooperation will be hard in the beginning.

He knows one of the other new squad members is also from the Imperial Fists. Good common ground to get to know each other. "I am Brother Leviticus. My home is the Strike Cruiser Capulus where I served in the assault squad. Where do you hail from, Brother?"
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Jericho Vigil. Mission 1:
Spending the time since his induction to the Watch in quiet contemplation of the path that brought him there, Brother Rafen, of the Blood Angels, examines his newly painted power armor. Knowing that he is now obliged to serve alongside Astartes of the other chapters as well, he takes solace in the Chapter Trappings he has brought with him.

Stepping into the vast hall, he sees another of his chapter, and feels his heart rise.

"Brethren, I am happy to see you. I am Rafen, formerly of the Blood Angels. I am sure we will all become friendly enough shortly. For now, I offer you my hand in friendship, and my Bolter in battle."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Jericho Vigil. Mission 1:
Brother Dorio nods to his battle brother. "Brother Dorio. I have been battling the wretched Dark Eldar in the Lancri sector from aboard the Nocturnus Spectrosus for the last decade and a half."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Jericho Vigil. Mission 1:
His fingers quickly runs over the Blood drop pendant on his belt, he approaches his Chapter-brother, Dariel, and offers him an easy smile.

"Learned Brother," he says, in a subdued voice, "it is good to see I am not alone in representing the Sons of Sanguinus in the team. I hope your knowledge will guide us in the times to come. Tell me, Brother, what is your thoughts on our chapter's pact with the Flesh Tearers?"

Edit: The new color of his Mk5 Power Armour is unaccustomed, and the crimson of the right shoulder guard is reassuring. Opting, as is the generally accepted custom of the Angels, not to wear the helmet, Rafen instead has it tucked into the crook of his arm. While looking around the chamber, he notices that, although some of his brethren seem at ease, there are four others, the ones he is standing in the same line with, who seem less well adapted to their new surroundings.

Edit 2: My roll: 1d10+4 = (5) + 4 = 9
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 50911. razumny
  • 1d10+4 =
  • (5) + 4 =
  • 9
  • Mon Sep 5, 2011 7:14 pm
Brian Schoner
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As a matter of fact, I AM the boss of you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The Jericho Vigil. Mission 1:
The fifth of the new marines, Cadeuceus, wears the green shoulder-pad and linen robe of the Dark Angels, and the white helm of an Apothecary. While he trains readily enough as part of the Kill-Team, and appears to be as good a shot as he is a physician, he has remained somewhat aloof from the rest of the team when not actively engaged in training. He is not actively impolite, and will converse when spoken to, but doesn't seem to seek out the companionship of his new battle brothers. Instead, he spends much of his time reviewing the histories, and tactical codexes accumulated aboard the Emperor's Sentinel.

Over the weeks of travel, you have likely learned that he had been serving in the Scarus Sector, as part of the ongoing war against the numerous Ork tribes in the area, before being called to the Deathwatch.

(Oh, and Initiative 1d10+4 = (1) + 4 = 5)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 50910. bschoner
  • 1d10+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • 5
  • Initiative
  • Mon Sep 5, 2011 6:30 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Mission Briefing
The following week is spent training with you fellow marines. You have managed to get acquainted with members of other three kill-teams on the ship, but as time goes on, they leave one by one. Soon, your kill-team is the only one left. Just when you think Corvida might let you sit this campaign out, you are called into briefing.

Corvida is standing on the briefing Dais, you quickly take your places. As soon everyone is in their place, Corvida pushes a button on the holographic projector. Three images appear above the briefing table.



This is Kaptin Woshtrakka, an Ork freebooter in the system, and that is his ship,” Corvida stops, as if he is about to say something distasteful, “ da Humee Smasha.” After a brief pause, Corvida continues, “It is called a kill-kroozer. Usually this is not a great threat, but this one is especially fast, and Woshtrakka has been a constant thorn in the Navy's side.” Corvida points to the third, and last, picture. “This is interrogator Pirot, she has been missing for 4 months. In his last transmission to his superior, inquisitor Res, she said that she had uncovered some hidden secret about Woshtrakka's ship, and that she was going to infiltrate it, to investigate further.”

“We have been trying to locate Woshtrakka's ship for some time now, and we think we finally have uncovered some of his favourite paths through the asteroid belt. Woshtrakka's fate is of no importance to the Deathwatch, but Res has asked us to discover what made her acolyte infiltrate the ship. To accomplish this, we will lay in hiding, waiting for the kroozer. Hopefully it will pass close enough to us, for us to be able to send a boarding crew into it. The boarding will be accomplished by teleportation, and it will consist of you.“

“Your mission is simply this. Find out what Pirot was looking for. That is your primary, and most important objective. Your secondary objective is to discover what happened to Pirot, and to rescue her, if she is still alive. Other than that, I think the Navy would be very pleased by any damage you could do to this threat, though I think complete destruction of the ship would be outside your means.”

"After you have accomplished your mission, you are to leave the ship. Either by seizing a craft, or just by stepping outside a void lock. You have beacons in your power armour, and we will have crafts trailing the kroozer, so you will be picked up."

Corvida pushes a button. The picture of Woshtrakka and Pirot is replaced by a single, rotating picture of the ship. Inside the ship there are three glowing dots. “Teleporting into a moving ship is highly dangerous. Preliminary investigations of the ship show three locations that might be suitable for entry. The first one is a working beacon in the ship Pirot used to board,” Corvida points to a hangar, “located here. The second entry point is a strong source of radiation near the aft of the ship. We are not sure what it is, but its strong readings makes it a good homer for teleportation. The third place is in some sort of out-shot on the ship.” Corvida points to something that looks almost like a tower on the ship. “Our astropaths tell us that there is a strong psychic presence here.”

Corvida turns off the projector, and looks at all of you. “You are a kill-team with a wide range of experiences. I will let it be up to you to decide how to enter this particular mission. In the hangar, at the radiation source or at the psychic source? When you have decided, pick a leader, take your oath of mission, and gear-up. Woshtrakka could pass by soon.”

Corvida turns to leave, “I'll be on the bridge. Let me know when you are ready.”

OOC: There we go. 30 Req for each. Those that have the books, could perhaps look for stuff for those that don't.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Leviticus goes through all tactical options after Corvida's briefing. After considering the options he speaks up.

"I believe the best entry point would be the radiation source at the aft. I don't want to use the same entry point as interrogator Pirot. I understand that we might pick up her trail there, but the Orks aren't as stupid as they look and might guard or boobytrap the place. I also don't like the sound of the third entry point. I prefer to avoid the psychic presence if at all possible. Of course, this presence might be the thing interrogator Pirot was after in the first place.

What do you think, fellow Brothers? Is there one among us with better tactical experience?"

initiative roll: 1d10+4 = (6) + 4 = 10
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 50948. Kwakkie
  • 1d10+4 =
  • (6) + 4 =
  • 10
  • Tue Sep 6, 2011 8:06 am
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at Brother Leviticus with a somewhat bemused smile, Rafen cannot help but agree to the soundness of his tactical assessment. For that to mean that Leviticus should lead the team, however...

"Verily, Brother, we think as one. I do not like the sound of the third location, and concur with your assessment of the first. As for command of the team, I should think I am a good candidate myself..."

OOC: Do I roll once more for initiative, or does my previous roll ( razumny previously rolled 1d10+4 = (5) + 4 = 9) stand? I'm assuming the latter.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schoner
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As a matter of fact, I AM the boss of you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cadeuceus studies the schematics quietly for a while before speaking. "I agree that the psychic source seems like a poor choice, though I would be interested in hearing our esteemed Librarian's thoughts on the matter." He nods in Dariel's direction before continuing.

"On the other locations, though, I respectfully disagree. Interrogator Pirot presumably knew what she was looking for aboard this...vessel...and she elected to arrive in the hangar bay, presumably because it gave her a closer or more direct route to her target. We do not have the luxury of knowing our specific objective, and might be searching the ship fruitlessly for hours or days. I suggest that we follow in her footsteps, in hopes of finding her or some clue as to her goal.

"And naturally, the orks may have prepared an ambush in the hangar - what of that? Are we not the shining blade of the Emperor, charged to bring His wrath down upon the xenos?"

[OOC: Roughly how big (size/crew) is the freebooter? And would a Forbidden Lore: Xenos roll provide any useful information? In case it would: FL: Xenos 1d100 = (6) = 6 vs. 57.]
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 50978. bschoner
  • 1d100 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • FL: Xenos
  • Tue Sep 6, 2011 3:23 pm
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Your knowledge of Orcs is, of course extensive, but your experience with orc freebooters is more limited.

The ship is about the seize of a human cruiser, between 3 and 4 kilometres in length. It usually built with salvaged human technology, put together with the usual orcish ingenuity. Finding something on the ship might be a hard task. If it is something small, I will almost be impossible. But a ship such as this has usually several large areas of particular importance, like hangars, batteries, the bridge, and so on. This means that the majority of the ships volume, is concentrated in a handful of large compartments. If what you are looking for is found here, then the task becomes much easier.

Your insight also tells you that freebooter ships usually isn't crewed by the usual orcs. Since they are pirates, you can deduce that they aren't only driven by blood lust, but also by greed. A ship such as this also tend to attract orcs of many of different talents and skills, not just the usual brain-smashing ones.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Cadeuceus, simply assuming she chose that access point cause it was closer to her objective is folly. For all we know it might have been her only option at that time. You seem to insinuate lack of faith on my part to handle a possible Ork ambush. I'd rather be prepared and victorious in the name of the Emperor than overconfident and dead on an Ork vessel.

What gear do we require. I suspect an auspex, maybe two if we decide to split up. Knowing Ork construction ingenuity we could also use some Bulkhead Shears. Maybe an assault shotgun with slug rounds?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schoner
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As a matter of fact, I AM the boss of you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwakkie wrote:
You seem to insinuate lack of faith on my part to handle a possible Ork ambush. I'd rather be prepared and victorious in the name of the Emperor than overconfident and dead on an Ork vessel.
Cadeuceus stares back levelly at Leviticus. "I said nothing of a lack of faith, brother; I'm certain your Chapter would not have sent you to the Deathwatch if your superiors had any suspicions of such a weakness.

"Regardless of the Interrogator's options, the hangar is the one location on this vessel where we know she has been. Should we not utilize that knowledge to find her, or her objective, swiftly and directly, rather than waste time and resources having to search and clear the entire ship? If anything here smacks of overconfidence, it would be the thought that we can find something of unknown size, shape, description, nature, and origin on a multi-kilometer vessel laden with orks without a starting point for the search."

[OOC: To be absolutely clear, this antagonism is all in-character; I have no problems at all with Kwakkie, but Cadeuceus can be kind of a jerk. ]

Quote:
What gear do we require. I suspect an auspex, maybe two if we decide to split up. Knowing Ork construction ingenuity we could also use some Bulkhead Shears. Maybe an assault shotgun with slug rounds?
"An auspex or two would be valuable, certainly, as would bulkhead shears or perhaps melta-bombs, if one of us is trained in their use. A stummer might be useful if we wish to keep our arrival quiet. Normally I'd recommend that someone carry a flamer against orks, but these freebooters aren't likely to be the mindless hordes we may be used to."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Flesh Tearers.

Dariel is glad to have a brother with him but throughout his studies he has already to start bonding with the other members of the Killteam. He is very interested in all off their knowlegde.

I don't know, I would like to know what this psychic force is, I'm intrigued by it and coming in through there would give us an edge if we would directly discover it and even if we could neutralize it straight away. On the other hand I want to follow brother Cadeuceus plan to find the interrogator as quickly as possible.

forgot to roll: 1d10+4 = (3) + 4 = 7
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 50993. Barad_the_dwarf
  • 1d10+4 =
  • (3) + 4 =
  • 7
  • Tue Sep 6, 2011 8:09 pm
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Dorio instinctively places himself between Cadeuceus and Leviticus as their tempers seem to flair, but thankfully, neither appears ready to come to blows.

"Battle brothers," he says, "The primary objective is to discover what the interrogator was looking for. It would seem that the radiation source and the psychic emissions are prime candidates for her search. The hangar, however, is rather unlikely to yield any information, and is likely to be more heavily guarded than any other part of the ship. I think it best to avoid detection as must as possible aboard this 'kill kroozer' until we have learned as much as possible about the layout and the mechanations of the green skins."

He points to the display of the ship. "The radiation, or the psychic anomaly, should be our destination."

He looks around at his brothers-in-arms. "As to you leads us in this operation, I care not. Brother Rafen seems to be the most eager to lead, and I will follow him or any one of you into battle and death."

[OOC: Initiative roll: 1d10+4 = (1) + 4 = 5]
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 50989. kurthl33t
  • 1d10+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • 5
  • Tue Sep 6, 2011 7:56 pm
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Battle Brothers. I think we have valid points here, and suggest the following: We use the radiation source as our entry point, then split up into two groups, one moving towards the hangar, the other towards the psychic anomaly. I suggest my learned Blood Angel brother lead the team towards the psychic anomaly, taking one other battle brother, while I lead the rest towards the hangar."

"Splitting up makes sense from a logical and tactical point of view; we will all still be with at least one other battle brother, and we will be able to both cover more ground, and cause damage to more of the ship doing this, better enabling us to achieve both of our objectives."

"Oh, and should there be any doubt, the reason I suggest Brother Dariel for leadership of the group to investigate the psychic anomaly, is because he is our only psyker. While I still think chapter allegiance is important, we are a team, and that allegiance must reign supreme among us."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if spliting up is such a good idea my brother. I do like the tactics but we must not forget we are in a big ship and if we should need the back up of allegiance we should be able to get it quickly.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schoner
United States
Marietta
GA
flag msg tools
designer
badge
As a matter of fact, I AM the boss of you.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
I'm not sure if spliting up is such a good idea my brother. I do like the tactics but we must not forget we are in a big ship and if we should need the back up of allegiance we should be able to get it quickly.
"Agreed, Brother Dariel. We should remain together, at least until we know how and why splitting up is advisable.

"As for our entry point, it seems unlikely that we will reach agreement on the matter now. I suggest that we choose our leader first, and let him decide. I am willing to serve in that capacity if chosen."
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Dorio reveals a battered metal coin, a relic from a time when currency was tied to physical objects. "Brothers Rafen and Cadeuceus. Perhaps we should allow the God-Emperor to decide who will lead us?"

And with that, he flips the coin in the air, catches it, and places it on the back of his hand, hidden from all.

"Is the coin heads-up, or tails-up?" he asks.

[OOC: If no one else throws their name into the proverbial hat to be leader, then Brian's and Aleksander's can each claim either heads or tails. I'll roll 1d2. 1 will be heads, 2 will be tails. Sound good?]
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wouter Dhondt
Belgium
Anzegem
flag msg tools
My armor is contempt. My shield is disgust. My sword is hatred. In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
badge
Song of my soul, my voice is dead; Die thou, unsung, as tears unshed. Shall dry and die in Lost Carcosa.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Deciding the leadership with a coin? I'm sure both would make good leaders but surely this can be settled in a different way.

I agree we need to have a leader and let him choose the entry point. We've each had the chance to state our preferences. Now is the time to decide.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Truly, who leads us into battle matters little to me, and I will happily contribute to unit cohesion by stepping down, leaving it to my honored Brother. The measure of all men in the eyes of the God Emperor must be not what honors and acclaim they can boast, but how they serve beside their battlebrothers."
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not claim the title of team leader. But I will stand next to my Blood Angel brother in his claim for it.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [30] |