Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The arrow smacks into the side of his neck and finds a way through the tough skin. His head swivels and finally notices where the attack came from, and his axe flashes in your direction.

10+1 damage, less his natural armor... *scribbles* He's more angry than hurt at this point, but that still landed well.

Okay, next up: D & T!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Genlocks! Genlocks! Somebody let those rodents loose on the road - is it even worth the effort to dirty our weapons with them? I've killed dozens already this week, they must breed like rats."

I'm not sure how far they are from the group - can Djuric reach them with a single move? If not, he'll take one move forward and ready his axe in case one comes in range of a good smack on the head. Meanwhile he's going to continue spewing insults to attempt to provoke them toward him rather than Elora.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Elora sees the look in the jaundiced looking Genlock eyes and the axe flashing towards her and looks something like...

So... do the field positions look like this?

xx
X
E

D T
H A

Edit: nevermind...for some reason I can't get spaces to show and thus my positions mean gibberish. Clearly I need some key knowledge about formatting on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Use the c tag - its meant for code, setting everything to a fixed width font that preserves spaces. And Djuric, if you want to can close to melee range.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Djuric charges forward, slashing at the nearest foe with his axe!

Using the two-hander style talent as well!

Djuric axe 2d6+1d6+5 = (6 + 6) + (3) + 5 = 20

Looks like 3 stunt points, woot!

Damage: Mighty axe 2d6+3 = (2 + 4) + 3 = 9

So if I put my three stunt points in skirmish, and use two-hander talent, I can knock this guy back 8 yards - is that enough to push it over edge where the bridge should be? Is that allowed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 48469. vestige
  • 2d6+1d6+5 =
  • (6 + 6) + (3) + 5 =
  • Djuric axe
  • Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:20 am
  • [+]
  • 48470. vestige
  • 2d6+3 =
  • (2 + 4) + 3 =
  • Mighty axe
  • Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:23 am
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vestige wrote:

So if I put my three stunt points in skirmish, and use two-hander talent, I can knock this guy back 8 yards - is that enough to push it over edge where the bridge should be? Is that allowed?

Allowed, sir? Damn it, it's fully encouraged! I'll have to figure out what happens to Genlock 2 in a moment, but you sink a few points of damage into him with the axe as you rush him off the cliff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
Allowed, sir? Damn it, it's fully encouraged! I'll have to figure out what happens to Genlock 2 in a moment, but you sink a few points of damage into him with the axe as you rush him off the cliff.

Excellent...I was just coming from Pathfinder/4E, where there are always limits on whether you can actually put somebody in a bad position by pushing them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
Use the c tag - its meant for code, setting everything to a fixed width font that preserves spaces. And Djuric, if you want to can close to melee range.

Much better! Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
vestige wrote:
shawnssica wrote:

Excellent...I was just coming from Pathfinder/4E, where there are always limits on whether you can actually put somebody in a bad position by pushing them.

Welcome to Dragon Age, Steven! We'll find more bad positions here than a dyslexic reading the Kama Sutra!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Following up: from here on, this is Genlock 2 (1 being the bigger one)

Djuric's axe lands a solid blow and he follows through with all his strength - the genlock skids backwards and disappears. It's easy enough to hear it though as it bounces down the embankment...

Dex(Acro) vs 13 3d6+1 = (4 + 6 + 3) + 1 = 14 (No Acrobat focus)

... taking 1d6 = (1) = 1 damage before hooking a tree root with his throwing axe. He starts searching for handholds and will have to spend next turn climbing out.

Next are Tavis and Hatharian.
Question: You okay with hazy damage or do you want to know exactly what's being chipped away?

For those who like their maps for visualizing

~~x~~
x D
X
E
T
H A
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 48626. shawnssica
  • 3d6+1 =
  • (4 + 6 + 3) + 1 =
  • Dex(Acro) vs 13
  • Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:54 pm
  • [+]
  • 48627. shawnssica
  • 1d6 =
  • (1) =
  • Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:54 pm
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So uhhh, how's everybody doin'?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[i]Yep! Just waitin' on Tavis, then I'll post. [/i[
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Yep! Just waitin' on Tavis, then I'll post.
No need to wait - post if you're ready. If Tavis pops in with something that dramatically changes the situation, we can revise it. What do, Hatharian, what do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hatharian silently curses the dwarf and his brashness. Typical of a dwarf to run head-first into the thick of things without regards for a mage's power. Hatharian can't exactly drop an area attack without hurting his runty companion, so he opts for a quick assault on the lead Genlock.

Arcane Lance on Genlock 1 (the yellow genlock). I don't have my book/character in front of me, so I'm using Magic for the attack. If it should have been Dex for it being a ranged attack, please subtract 1 from the roll.

Arcane Lance 2d6+1d6+4 = (3 + 5) + (3) + 4 = 15

If it hits: Arcane Lance Damage 1d6+4 = (1) + 4 = 5
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 48912. Unknown Ediology
  • 2d6+1d6+4 =
  • (3 + 5) + (3) + 4 =
  • Arcane Lance
  • Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:30 pm
  • [+]
  • 48913. Unknown Ediology
  • 1d6+4 =
  • (1) + 4 =
  • Arcane Lance Damage
  • Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:31 pm
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranged weapons are +Dex to hit and +Per to damage, instead of +Mag or +Str like melee. This is a 'special' ranged weapon and doesn't count as a spell, it uses your Dex. The +4 listing in your weapon block figures this in though. You still hit at 15.
Your roll had doubles, with 3 on the Dragon Die. You get to choose from the Standard stunts, since it's not a spell going off. Anything up to 3SP - Lightning Attacks is fair game. I'd opt for any except Reload (not needed) or Defensive Stance, depending on how you want to tackle the big guy.

Hatharian's staff glows and a ball of energy whallops into the thick skin of the bigger genlock's shoulder. It howls as the magic singes it's wiry hair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alenka too will level her staff at the attackers. Electricity arcs between the tip and the smaller genlock still on the hill as it tries to duck out of the way.

Magic roll (Arcane Bolt) 2d6+d6+4 = (1 + 6) + (1) + 4 = 12 ... hits. +1 to Spellpower for the Puissant stunt.

Genlock gets a save at TN14 TN15 Dex...3d6 = (1 + 3 + 1) = 5+1 so it takes full damage.

Damage 2d6+1 = (1 + 3) + 1 = 5

Looks impressive but the genlock just shrugs it off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 48926. shawnssica
  • 2d6+d6+4 =
  • (1 + 6) + (1) + 4 =
  • Magic roll (Arcane Bolt)
  • Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 48928. shawnssica
  • 3d6 =
  • (5 + 4 + 5) =
  • Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 pm
  • [+]
  • 48933. shawnssica
  • 2d6+1 =
  • (1 + 3) + 1 =
  • Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:28 pm
  • [+]
  • 48934. shawnssica
  • 3d6 =
  • (1 + 3 + 1) =
  • Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:29 pm
Unknown Ediology
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...since the only stunt I remember (book is not with me) is the Lightning Attack, we'll do that one - to keep the game moving.

As soon as the first bolt of arcane energy flies from his staff, Hatharian lets loose with another one, aiming at the same target.

Arcane Lance Attack 3d6+4 = (2 + 4 + 3) + 4 = 13

If it hits, Arcane Lance Damage 1d6+4 = (2) + 4 = 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 48927. Unknown Ediology
  • 3d6+4 =
  • (2 + 4 + 3) + 4 =
  • Arcane Lance Attack
  • Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 48929. Unknown Ediology
  • 1d6+4 =
  • (2) + 4 =
  • Arcane Lance Damage
  • Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 pm
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unknown Ediology wrote:
Well...since the only stunt I remember (book is not with me) is the Lightning Attack, we'll do that one - to keep the game moving.

As soon as the first bolt of arcane energy flies from his staff, Hatharian lets loose with another one, aiming at the same target.

Unknown Ediology previously rolled 3d6+4 = (2 + 4 + 3) + 4 = 13 (Arcane Lance Attack)

If it hits, Unknown Ediology previously rolled 1d6+4 = (2) + 4 = 6 (Arcane Lance Damage)

A second hit, and square on the maw. The two scorch marks make a nice addition to its ugly mug. For the sake of armor, I'll add the attacks together before subtracting armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Genlocks move tonight, Tavis will just take a few steps forward and attack the uninjured one unless Kerry has a chance to post. Nothing surprising from the genlocks... one will be climbing, another is trying to figure out where all the hurt is coming from, and the big one is riled up and looking to tear something apart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Internet rage goon
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, three stunts in three actions! We rawk!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think probability puts it at around .50 odds of rolling a stunt. A run of 3 is a great start, but if luck holds just wait till they start throwing 'em back!

Now I'm curious...
Odds of a pair on the first two dice should be 1/6.
Odds for making a pair on the third die would be 5/6 * 2/6 = 10/36
1/6*1 +
10/36 = 16/36 =.44
So yup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
I think probability puts it at around .50 odds of rolling a stunt. A run of 3 is a great start, but if luck holds just wait till they start throwing 'em back!

Now I'm curious...
Odds of a pair on the first two dice should be 1/6.
Odds for making a pair on the third die would be 5/6 * 2/6 = 10/36
1/6*1 +
10/36 = 16/36 =.44
So yup.

Yes, brace yourselves, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
Genlocks move tonight, Tavis will just take a few steps forward and attack the uninjured one unless Kerry has a chance to post. Nothing surprising from the genlocks... one will be climbing, another is trying to figure out where all the hurt is coming from, and the big one is riled up and looking to tear something apart.

Sorry, been crazy busy at work of late.

Tavis will drawn his sword and quickly advance on the uninjured genlock and attempt to dispatch it with his sword.

Sword Attack: 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 3 = (4) + (2) + (4) + 3 = 13
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 48987. sirkerry
  • 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 3 =
  • (4) + (2) + (4) + 3 =
  • Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 am
Shawn McCarthy
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sirkerry wrote:

Sword Attack: sirkerry previously rolled 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 3 = (4) + (2) + (4) + 3 = 13

No harm done, glad you could catch up
We'll count the last one as the Dragon Die, and for future you can roll 2d6+1d6+mods to set it separate. The pair gives you 4 Stunt points (Well, you're all rolling well so far!) to sink into an added action. You've got free pick of the standard stunts on page 10 - same advice as above, pick an offensive stunt to drive home some damage.

Tavis joins the fray with a well-placed swing, connecting solidly with the genlock Alenka had just tagged...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kerry Harrison
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch
badge
Meep. Meep. Meep.
mbmbmbmbmb
shawnssica wrote:
[q="sirkerry"]

Sword Attack: sirkerry previously rolled 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 3 = (4) + (2) + (4) + 3 = 13

No harm done, glad you could catch up
We'll count the last one as the Dragon Die, and for future you can roll 2d6+1d6+mods to set it separate. The pair gives you 4 Stunt points (Well, you're all rolling well so far!) to sink into an added action. You've got free pick of the standard stunts on page 10 - same advice as above, pick an offensive stunt to drive home some damage.

I'll go with Mighty Blow and Pierce Armor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [16] |