Popular Tags: [View All]
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread is a for a Play By Forum game, characters/players have already been selected, please don't post in this thread unless your part of the game. If as a non player you have any questions please feel free to start another thread or geekmail me.

Dearest Players,

When posting to this thread please always start your post with your characters name on a line by itself, that way I'll be better able to keep track of things.

And now I must ask you to indulge me by listening to this MP3 as it is the introduction to the scenario you will be playing.

And having having listened to that... Your squad are heading down a corridor on board ship towards the ready rooms where they will suit up ready to climb into the delivery vehicle. As well as Snicker, Cheerful, DeWitt, Howitzer and Diaz, you have three other troopers in your squad.

Dave "Wibble" Mikals, James "Not THE" Taylor and Markus "Crippled Again" Tyne. Markus is looking a litle down in the mouth, and James just the opposite.

Do any of you have final words, wish to make a will, talk smack, or cuss off the Sergeant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Edwards
United Kingdom
PONTYCLUN
Rhondda Cynon Taff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim 'Cheerful' Macquire

'Cheerful' the sergeant gathers his troops around him to add to the briefing they have already received.

"Listen up squad; you were all at the briefing so I’ll keep this short. These aliens don't even know how to colonize a planet so I doubt they will know how to fight so it should be a cakewalk. Saying that we are rock hopping today, I want clean short bursts from everyone when activating their jetpack. Some of the more excitable amongst us will try to go quicker than the rest of us, if you end up flying into space, we won't come and get you, and you’ll be on your own."

'Cheerful' starts walking up and down the line of assembled troops.

"And the last thing I want from any of you is friendly fire, Check your targets and make sure to kill anything which isn't one of us, that includes you Marco, Keep that canon of yours under control"

"Everyone get into their suits and try not to break anything, any last questions?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmbmb
Remington DeWitt

passes around a high-quality flask of fine champaigne. "I say, chaps, sounds like jolly good sport - let's clean these blighters up, eh? Send them home with a bloody nose and so forth. I say, Markus old boy, what's troubling you, chappie?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Marco Diaz

Takes a long pull from the champagne. "What is this? Elderflower?"

"Damn straight, sarge! This cannon's only good for taking out the bugs. It's not like it's my ticket to a promotion or nothing.

Me and the boys'll make sure this planet's cleansed!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
"Howitzer" Nichols

Grabs a few extra belts of slug ammo, then tosses an arm around Trooper Taylor and addresses the other grunts.

"Another turkey shoot... Remember, first one to bag a bug buys the first round when we get back. Last one back buys the rest!"

Takes a swig of champagne, clearly not bothering to savor the delicate flavors, then puts on a serious face and heads over to 'Cheerful'.

"Hey sarge, About being in Zero-G, floating amongst a bunch of rubble above a planet, with nothing but a jetpack and a few stars to steer by. It's got me thinking real hard about this mission... Any chance I could maybe toss a few big rocks at the planet while we're here? I've always wanted to be a one-man orbital bombardment."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Snicker

“Is it just me, or does that planet look like a blood stain?” Snicker tries to put a mag into his gun, but keeps putting it in the wrong way."Yeah, good to go Sarg! Me wanna kill some aliens! Something is wrong with my gun..." Snicker finally gets the magazine in, cocks the gun and looks around laughing hysterically. "Yeah, boys! This cracks me up, lets get drunk”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
DeWitt

"Capital idea, Snicker-Snack! Nothing like getting thoroughly soused and picking off nasties through your sights! Anyone else for some bubbly?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Edwards
United Kingdom
PONTYCLUN
Rhondda Cynon Taff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tim 'Cheerful' Macquire

"DeWitt!!" Shouted sarge.

"Are you trying to send our boys down sloshed???"

Momentary pause as the squad silence down.

"Good job boy, As long as you can all remember to shoot your gun in the right direction, Drink! It may be your last"

The squad cheers and continues drinking their elderflower champagne.

"And DeWitt. Chuck your flask over here"

"Everyone suit up, We're leaving in 5 for the landing craft"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Markus replies to DeWitt...

"It's my girl, you know. She told me to 'get lost' last night. We sat down had a few drinks then she tells me. 'I got promoted to Corporal, so I can't hang around with no hopers like you!' I know she's been looking at the Sergeant over in Third Squad. I reckon shes started seeing him. I wonder if he fixed the promotion?"

Taylor starts chanting "TURKEY SHOOT, TURKEY SHOOT, TURKEY SHOOT" until someone shoves a bottle into his hand.

Suited up, weapons locked and loaded the squad files into the landing craft A.K.A. "Bus" for the drop.

With just a whisper the bay doors open and the Bus moves slowly out. Without any windows the "passengers" can't appreciate the sheer beauty of the gleaming rings that form a glorious vista below. The Bus joins a queue of similar vehicles heading down from the polar orbit towards the planetary rings. As they descend they spread out, and then as they close on the rings they pull up and sweep above the rock and ice. As they reach their designated target positions the rear doors spring open ready to deliver thier human cargos.

The view the characters have out the open rear exit is mind blowingly beautiful to all except the hardest hearted. "Beneath" the bus a roiling field of ice and rock bolders churns. Somewhere in that constantly moving field are the enemy.

The Sergeant gives the order to jump, and when the last trooper is out he follows.

All Players, you're trying to land yourselves on a big chunk of rock or ice using your Jet Packs. Everyone make a roll against your NFA. That is, roll a D10 either by hand or using the die roller here at BGG. A success is equal to or less than your NFA. Please feel free to describe your success or failure, with failure leaving you free floating, and in or out of control, your choice. You'll earn my respect by using new cuss words of your own invention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Howitzer Nichols

Always eager to get to the killing, Howitzer launches himself out of the bus before the doors are even fully opened...

1d10 = (2) = 2

"Wahooo! Here, buggy buggies!" Nichols fires off his jetpack in a sustained burn, headed for the largest near rock. As he approaches, he opens up with the slug thrower, sending up sprays of glittering ice and dark rock. Nichols gently crashes into the surface, never having been too focused on retroburns. Tilted well off angle, Howitzer manages to grab onto a rock outcrop before bouncing back off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 4917. nyriv
  • 1d10 =
  • (2) =
  • Tue Dec 7, 2010 2:28 pm
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Marco Diaz

"Everybody after Howitzer. We know he'll need our help!"

1D10=3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Snicker

1d10=3

Snicker shoots of towards the rock. He almost looses control, banking left and right, but manages just in time to retain it. “Phew, that was close. Thank God I am wasted, or that might have gone really bad!”.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Edwards
United Kingdom
PONTYCLUN
Rhondda Cynon Taff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
'Cheerful' Macquire

1d10 = (6) = 6

Cheerful gracefully leaves the 'bus' by tripping on the edge of his seat. Fortunately his basic training kicked in before he spiraled out of control and set off after his comrades, gently landing in a 'puff' of space dust.

"Squad, Watch your fire, keep your angles and kick some space arse!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 4936. dancing_steve
  • 1d10 =
  • (6) =
  • Tue Dec 7, 2010 4:43 pm
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
1d10 = (1) = 1

"OOh! I say, I seem to have landed on one of the blighters! Lucky they squash easily, eh wot?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 4961. Hida Mann
  • 1d10 =
  • (1) =
  • Tue Dec 7, 2010 10:37 pm
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Howitzer Nichols

"Showoff! Looking good doesn't raise the kill count. Anyway, by the time you got here, any that were around would have been long dead."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
DeWitt

And the blighters leave the bodies just laying around? Poor show, eh? Let's go civilise these savages!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Bowser
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Diaz

"Yeah. Civilization through superior firepower! Quit jawing and start shooting!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Nichols

"You don't need to tell me twice!"

Howitzer happily starts putting high-velocity slugs into any bit of rock sticking up more and a foot off the ground.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Snicker

"This is really it ay, we are going into action! The only good non-terrestial, is a dead non-terestial.....Gawd, I don't want to die"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Edwards
United Kingdom
PONTYCLUN
Rhondda Cynon Taff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheerful

"No-one get too excited yet, you've probably only landed on their equivalent of our fish. Besides intelligence is going to be wrong as usual, the aliens will be 100 feet tall with forty mouths"

Cheerful mutters under his breath. "we're all going to die"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
F H
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and with their cargos delivered the "Buses" sweep up away from the rings. Amongst the rings thousands of heavily armed soldiers are leaping from rock to rock blasting with thier weapons in all directions.

A minute passes and then a second, the firing dies off as no threat makes itself visible. Here and there a soldier checks the life sign monitors on thier forearms, filter out their comrades, and are left staring at empty screens.

No life signs at all?

Players : What are your reactions how do you feel, whats the plan? I'll give you respect for the most cinematic response
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Edwards
United Kingdom
PONTYCLUN
Rhondda Cynon Taff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheerful

"Hey DeWitt, Looks like you killed the only one."

Cheerful starts nervously glancing round, He knows something is about to go very wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
"Where are they? Perhaps they are inside the rocks? Let's get some demo-charges and blow these stones to pebbles"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fournier
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Howitzer Nichols

Pulls out a cancer stick and raises it to his visor before sighing and flicking it into space

"I am NOT walking around another blasted planet, no matter what the view is like. Maybe the bus scared 'em to the other side of the rocks?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
DeWitt

Oh dear, sorry, chaps - didn't mean to ruin all the fun! I say, let's go up those rocks and see if we can spy another of the blighters? Can we, sergent? Do be a good sport!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [69] |