The Triangle
flag msg tools
designer
(Tennessee and Wisconsin in between)
badge
I think you should realize these wings are really hot
mbmbmbmbmb
Rishi wrote:
Six-Word Stories CONTEST (Even more GG!)

Write short stories; win Geek Gold.

I missed the contest. What next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yohann
France
flag msg tools
designer
Pandacon is Panda-On!
badge
Play, play, play and have a hell of a good time.
mbmb
[Discussion Thread] RPGG Short Story Contest 2013: The Tavern's Tales - Legends of the Games

Write a short story in your favorite RPG setting and win GeekGold plus a DriveThruRPG Gift Card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Return to Dokter Ekwilibreum's Maze of Deth!

Create a character, run through the biggest meat grinder this side of the geek, and if you're really luck, survive. Win geekgold and microbadges!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case somebody didn't notice the huge convention taking place around here last weekend, there were a good lot of cool contests, too. Some are closed already, but in some you can still participate.

VirtuaTRON - The Grid
Virtuacon Fantasy Crossword
Virtuacon Vocabyrinth #1
Tales from the Virtual Crypt
Undead Wyrm Riders of the Geekpocalipse Horror Adventure Challenge!!!
Virtuacon - "An Above Average Night in the Woods" contest
Find my dwarven brothers! CLOSED!
BRAVE SIR KNIGHT Tavern Cryptogram (CLOSED)
Riddle of the 4 Keys (CLOSED)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
The 2013 RPG GEEK 24-Hour RPG Contest is going on right now! There's still a week to go for entries to the contest.

Join now! Get the microbadge! mb Win fabulous prizes (vast quantities of GeekGold)!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new contest has just been announced:

Bryce's 2013 Adventure Design Contest

Write an adventure for any system you choose, and incredible prizes may be yours for the winning! Including: cash, GeekGold, physical copies of games, toilet roll tubes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
2013 RPG GEEK 48-Hour RPG Contest

Design an RPG in 48 hours! The contest is open for entries through to December 20th.

See also 2013 48-Hour RPG Design Contest side-prize thread. (Post as desired.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Savage Josh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's time for Holiday Adventure Contest 2014 - Can You Feel The Love Tonight?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Two challenges:
2014 RPG Challenge: Play Five RPGs You Have Never Played Before (Each At Least Once)
2014 Challenge: Dokter Ekwilibreum's LADDER OF INSANITY!!!

Go for it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
While the Iron Reviewer contest of 2013 is in its final phase (daily reviews!) and the remaining three participants still going strong, Iron Reviewer 2014 is already in its first submission period. You can still jump in (until January 14th):

Discussion Thread: Iron Reviewer 2014 - Discussion Thread
Sign-Up Geeklist: Iron Reviewer 2014 - Contestants
Official Contest Geeklist: Iron Reviewer 2014
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, I completely missed this: Make Boring Stuff Fun Design Challenge.

But shame on myself, I also completely forgot to list my own contest here so far: Iconic image representing Play-by-Forum (Contest!)
Deadline is March 31, so you have ten days left.

And there's also 2014 Favorite D&D Monster March Madness Office Pool - 150GG in prizes! - CLOSED TO ENTRIES
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[Discussion Thread] The Tavern's Tales - RPG Geek's Short Story Contest 2014

Write a short story (250-3000 words) set in the world of an RPG.

Prizes include GeekGold and DriveThruRPG vouchers for the top three entries ($50 / $30 / $20), as voted for by site users.

The submission period ends on September 8th, 2014 at 23:00 GMT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Name of Contest: GLAIR (Geek Lifetime Achievement In Role-playing) Tournament Prediction contest: Submit your picks for which RPGs will perform the best in this year's GLAIR Tournament!
Contest Link: Read through the following thread, the contest is discussed in the last post of Page 1. After that post, I have posted a few updates to the prize amounts (1st place prize is up to 95bag! Geek Lifetime Achievement In Role-playing (GLAIR) 2014 Tournament
If you enter the contest, head over to the contest info thread here: GLAIR Tournament Predictions Contest Thread
Contest Ends: At 11:59 Sunday, Sept. 7, Geek Time (though if there is a nice flow of entrants on that day, I may extend the contest a day or so, but don't count on that; Get your predictions in ASAP!
Eligibility: Anyone in the RPGG Community.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C P
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
CPiz wrote:
Name of Contest: GLAIR (Geek Lifetime Achievement In Role-playing) Tournament Prediction contest: Submit your picks for which RPGs will perform the best in this year's GLAIR Tournament!
Contest Link: Read through the following thread, the contest is discussed in the last post of Page 1. After that post, I have posted a few updates to the prize amounts (1st place prize is up to 95bag! Geek Lifetime Achievement In Role-playing (GLAIR) 2014 Tournament
If you enter the contest, head over to the contest info thread here: GLAIR Tournament Predictions Contest Thread
Contest Ends: At 11:59 Sunday, Sept. 7, Geek Time (though if there is a nice flow of entrants on that day, I may extend the contest a day or so, but don't count on that; Get your predictions in ASAP!
Eligibility: Anyone in the RPGG Community.

This post has been updated with an additional contest link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2014 RPG Geek 24-hour RPG contest!

Another year, another 24-hour RPG contest! It has begun. You've got until 30 September 2014 to complete your entry. There are fabulous amounts of bag to be won, as well as an exclusive microbadge, the kudos of your peers, and your own listing in the database as a game designer. Come join us in this eagerly anticipated contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Tousignant
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man I almost missed this. I think there's a rule saying I have to enter as the defending champion don't I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Design Challenge: Giant Goat

Post your ideas for scenarios involving the use of one or more giant goats. The best entry wins 10 bag. Let's cap this at a month: closing date for entries is 29 October 2014.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
A Fiasco Playset Competition: Celebrations!
officially endorsed by the publisher, Bully Pulpit Games!

Thanks to Sam/ Bifford!
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
mbmbmbmbmb
We keep forgetting this thread... soblue
Let's see, what was and is up?

26 geeks posted their guesses regarding how many dice kickstarters we'd see in 2015. Who will win the jackpot of geekgold in the end?
2015 Kickstarter Dice Contest! Win GG!

Then there was a great Fiasco contest in May, sponsored by Bully Pulpit Games. Voting time is ending about now.
A Fiasco Playset Competition: Mythical / Supernatural - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!

Still open! Join the fray:

Still open for submissions is this design contest (text & illustration). Deadline will be the 30th June!
A Tavern Design Contest: Mythological Creatures! -- WINNERS ANNOUNCED!--

And another sponsored contest, brought to you by RPGGeek and Pelgrane Press, just took off:
[WINNERS ANNOUNCED] RPG Geek One Sheet GUMSHOE Contest 2015

Edit: Oh, and the 2015 RPGG Review Challenge is up and running, but you're still free to enter! (And, frankly, it's the best excuse for writing about games that you could wish for.) This way, please: 2015 RPGG Review Challenge Signup and Standings
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Two years have passed and for the third time, the Dokter has come to torture test the mettle of the inhabitants of Geekdoia. It's a contest in two parts. Help build the most lethal death-trap the world has known since the Tomb of Horrors! Then, see if you have what it takes to survive it!

The Revenge of Dokter Ekwilibreum's Maze of Deth
Click here to find The Maze of Deth
Construction:
Add deadly traps to the Maze of Deth! Most Lethal and Crowd Favorite both win geek gold! Plus free GG just for adding rooms! Ends Saturday Oct 3 at around nine or ten PM Eastern standard time (GMT -5) (when I go to sleep that night, I'm locking it down for new additions)
Braving the Maze: Create a character, get through as many rooms as you can without dying! Longest Run and Fan Favorite Demise win gold! Plus, if you make it all the way to the end, there's a big old pile of a hundred GG for you! Ends when I wake up Monday morning Oct 26 (around 5:30 EST (GMT-5).
Open to all RPGG users
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2015 RPG Geek 24-hour RPG contest!

We're back for the ever-popular annual 24-hour RPG design contest! Create your own complete RPG in a single 24-hour period and (if you survive) get your entry in the database, the adulation of your peers, and a chance at a big GeekGold prize. Not to mention, of course, an exclusive microbadge available to all who enter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
GRoTaNaRSpEW 2016
http://pihalbe.org/audio/2015-11-22-dekonstruktor-6-grotanar...
until 2015-12-15
People who can write in German

This one is German language only. Sorry to alert you non-German-speakers.

Bis zum 2015-12-15 ist Zeit, ein Nano-Rollenspiel für den GRoTaNaRSpEW 2016 (Gratisrollenspieltag-Nano-Rollenspiel-Entwicklungs-Wettbewerb) einzureichen. Das Rollenspiel muss in 6pt Schriftgröße vollständig auf eine Klappvisitenkarte passen. Außerdem muss es neu, vollständig und einsteigerfreundlich sein.

Das gewinnende Spiel wird auf den Gratisrollenspieltag 2016 geschickt und in Deutschland, Österreich und Schweiz in die Hände interessierter Spieler gebracht.

Teilnehmen bis 2015-12-15!

Ich freue mich auch über Ko-Juroren und Spender für eine größere Auflage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PiHalbe wrote:
GRoTaNaRSpEW 2016
Less an RPG Geek contest than an RPG design contest hosted on another site. But still cool to hear about it; thanks! Might be more appropriate to post as a press release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Achim Zien
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
There's a theory: if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There's another theory: this has already happened.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stelio wrote:
PiHalbe wrote:
GRoTaNaRSpEW 2016
Less an RPG Geek contest than an RPG design contest hosted on another site. But still cool to hear about it; thanks! Might be more appropriate to post as a press release.

Oh, I totally got the thread wrong. blush Thanks for the indication of where to go. Still, I feel that "press release" sounds like way too much for what this is. That's why I did not find that.

EDIT: GM me if I should remove the corresponding forum post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Come one, come all for the 2nd annual Kickstarter Dice contest!

2016 Kickstarter Dice Contest

Place your guess, and, new this year, make a side bet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |