The Princes' Kingdom
James Bond 007
Book 06: Deathtrap Dungeon
Ptolus: Monte Cook's City by the Spire
C1: The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
DA3: City of the Gods
Microscope
Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Nova Praxis
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Scarlet Heroes
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Rise of Tiamat
Cthulhu Abides
Storm King's Thunder
The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen (3rd Edition)
The Princess Bride Roleplaying Game
Adventurers League Content Catalog
KULT: Divinity Lost – The Black Madonna
Genesys Core Rulebook
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Powder Mage Roleplaying Game
Legend of the Five Rings RPG: Core Rulebook
Silent Titans
100 Rumours to Hear in Pugmire
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
AMBER Diceless Role-Playing
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
ALIENS Adventure Game
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
114 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: RPG Geek Contest Subscription Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
He went overloading on testing and coding and his name was
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
Currently: planning.
mbmbmbmbmb
Following on from the equivalent thread on BGG, here's one place for you to post links to new competitions, so that users can subscribe to this thread and so get notification of new contests when they arise.

-----

Who doesn't like contests? If you don't like them, then please leave now. If you enjoying trying to win something for nothing, time after time after time, then read on.

To make this thread effective, please post to this thread only if you have found a NEW contest (or have posted one).

Please Include:
Name of Contest
Link to the Contest
The time the Contest ends
Eligibility (US Only, etc.)

Everyone else who just wants to be notified of new contests, simply use the "subscribe" link above to subscribe to this thread. You'll get a notification in the top right corner of the screen whenever something new is posted to a topic to which you have subscribed. (See the wiki page on Subscriptions for more information on how they work.)

Note: Please do NOT use this thread for any discussion, including whether or not this is a good idea. It defeats the purpose and the decrease in signal to noise level will definitely doom it. For discussion of this thread please use the companion thread:
RPG Geek Contest Subscription Thread Discussion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Support comes in many forms: community involvement, forum posts, submitting data, running PbF games, word-of-mouth advertising, financial donations... All these are vital to this site, and you have my sincere thanks for participating in any of them.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange 'official' RPG / RPG Item to put into geeklist

Nominations for a tongue-in-cheek contest to decide which RPG item should be virally addded to geeklist after geeklist as an inside joke.

Nominations close 15 October 2010.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmbmb
Name the Session, Win some gold

The latest session of Shakespearead needs a title. Go read the session report and comment with your suggested title.

Competition closes when the report moves off the front page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Knights of the Dinner Table Competitions

We're celebrating KODT this week and there are a few competitions involved:

Avatar dress-up competition (KODT WEEK!) - win !
Tales from the Table Competition (KODT WEEK!) - win KODT stuff!
KODT WEEK Microbadge/Uberbadge Giveaway! - Get free badges!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fiasco playset contest (win valuable geekgold)

Create an original playset for Fiasco with a sporting reference, upload it to RPG Geek, and be in for a chance to win bag and an item of your choice in a future official release for the game (thanks to Jason Morningstar of Bully Pulpit Games for helping out on the latter point).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stelio, when you announce a contest here, does that mean it's an official RPGG contest that's allowed a participant badge?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread works just like the BGG equivalent: any contests created on RPG Geek, whether official site-sponsored contests or ones that users have created on their own, can be announced here. Currently I'm adding to this list whenever I notice someone announcing a contest of their own.

As to microbadges for contests, we don't have a specific policy in place that covers that. Probably best to check each contest individually. For the Fiasco playtest contest, for example, Dave is offering mb free to all participants.

I would generally expect any requests for microbadges for contests (whether they be "official" or not) to appear in the usual RPGG Microbadges - Design, Discussion, Request and Fixes Thread (2009-2016) [CLOSED].

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Survivor: RPG Review edition

The challenge is to write a review for the site at least once every fortnight, starting from 1 January 2011. With a 2 buy-in, the last reviewer still going gets all of the winnings! If a whole year passes with more than one person left in, the review rate accelerates to one a week; if two whole years pass, it accelerates again to one per day!

The pot has also been boosted with hundreds of bag in donations from keen users. Join now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contest for new free RPG webtool

Contribute to an off-site RPG plot-generating application in order to be entered into a draw to win a set of Dragonlance hardback books.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The 12 Games of Epimas

Win a free bundle of PDF games: the complete set of 12 fantastic titles that are included in this year's Epimas Celebrations! Just thumb the linked post to be entered into the random draw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
We're totally F-ing up RPG Geek - Competition (The F stands for Fiasco! Promise!)

Win a stack of for participating in a Fiasco game, or 10 just for voting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Great overtext Treasure hunt feb NOW: STARTING THE 7TH OF FEB

This is a Geek-wide treasure hunt that will involve following clues in certain folks' overtext with a big bag prize. If you want to get involved by hosting clues, or if you want to participate in the hunt itself, check out that thread for details.

Edit: Also posted at...
The Great overtext Treasure hunt : STARTING THE 7TH OF FEB
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2011 RPG Geek 24-hour RPG contest!

The second local 24-hour RPG contest has begun! You've got until 8 March 2011 to complete your entry. There are fabulous amounts of bag to be won, as well as an exclusive microbadge, the kudos of your peers, and your own listing in the database as a game designer. Come join us in this eagerly anticipated contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2011 24 Hour RPG Session Report Contest

Following on from producing the RPGs is another contest to reward folks that play and write up session reports for the RPGs. There's GeekGold to be one by the best reports, with prizes for the top three in both "Most Entertaining" and "Best Feedback".

Plus all participants will get an exclusive microbage: mb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
Welcome to my Maze of Deth!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whose House? House Rule Contest #2: Fiasco!

Provide your favorite house rule for the game of the month: Fiasco!

Geekgold prizes to first, second, and third!

Entries accepted until April 20th. Winner announced on May 1st.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/252904/curse-dokter-ekwilibreums-maze-deth-open-construct
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dokter Ekwilibreum's Maze of Deth!!!

This is a contest of luck and role playing. Make a character and run the maze. Whoever gets farthest wins the big prize. Other awards are given for entertaining instances of survival and death (determined by thumbs). 100gg for surviving to the end, or if no one does, 50 to whoever makes it farthest. Best death and best escape from death each win 10 gg, and are determined by thumbs.

Here you can find the entrance to the maze.

The contest ends Sunday May the 8th, at around 8 a.m. GMT-6:00 (when i wake up that morning). Anyone may enter, but only once per day. Follow rules carefully regarding dice rolls or risk disqualification.

Most of all, have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dokter Ekwilibreum
United States
Fort Meade
Maryland [MD]
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whose House House Rule Contest #3: Dresden Files RPG

Open to anyone. Post your favorite house rule. Winner is determined by thumbs. Entrants must be in by May the 20th. Most thumbed item at the end of the month wins 30gg. 20 for second. 10 for third.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPG Geek One-Page Encounter Design Contest: The Troll, the Gnoll and the Gnome

A competition to design a one-page encounter, largely system-less, including the key elements: Troll, Gnoll, Gnome, Wishing Well, Rope, Trome.

Prizes of 100 bag, 50 bag, 25 bag for the first three placed entries, and mb microbadges are exclusively available only to participants.

Get your entry in by 12 June 2011!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Summer Review Challenge

Starting on 18 June 2011 and running until 26 August 2011, this contest offers prizes to the best reviews in a number of different categories. Any new review posted during this period is eligible to enter, and may just win one or more of the prizes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VGG Monthly Review Contest: RPGs!

More reviewing competitions! This time it's for VGG, but is relevant since the games reviewed must be computer RPGs. All entrants will receive 2 , and the top reviewers for the month will win 10 / 20 / 40 bag, with the top scorer also earning the exclusive mb microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2011 RPG Geek 48-hour RPG contest!

Another local RPG contest has begun! But this one has a 48 hour design period and requires you to use three randomly-determined elements. You've got until 15 August 2011 to complete your entry. There are fabulous amounts of bag to be won, as well as an exclusive microbadge, the kudos of your peers, and your own listing in the database as a game designer. Come join us in this eagerly anticipated contest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Reed
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A new contest I've just added: "Identify These Lego Covers #2"
Link: Contest - Identify These Lego Covers #2
End time: 11:59pm GMT Sunday the 14th of August 2011
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander R. Nordgarden Rødner
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
designer
Proud father of Sarah Arwen and Ruth Rose
badge
Would really like to study U.S. History at some point, just to be able to say that I'm a Coolidge student...
mbmbmbmbmb
Dresden Files One-Page Encounter Design Contest

There's 120bag in prizes, go make some one-page encounters!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Win a game! RPGG Southern Spring Celebration!

Write a one-page pitch of a game for an RPG of your choice and upload it as a file to the site. Submit it to the contest, and potentially win lots of GeekGold! There's a personalised copy of Shakespearead up for grabs too.

Entries are open until Friday 7 October 2011.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Stelio wrote:
Win a game! RPGG Southern Spring Celebration!

Write a one-page pitch of a game for an RPG of your choice and upload it as a file to the site. Submit it to the contest, and potentially win lots of GeekGold! There's a personalised copy of Shakespearead up for grabs too.

Entries are open until Friday 7 October 2011.

First place also wins a copy of the RPG they write about!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.