Popular Tags: microbadge_submission [+] [View All]
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
They were posted to this very official thread on December 4th. The required (by me!) one week period is December 11th. That's tomorrow - and ALL of them are going into the system (along with the highest voted Drow). The only reason they might not go in tomorrow is that you haven't given me my cherished female human MB (which I usually play)

-Dave
*G* Good point - I'll do those human females soon... uhm, yeah, you-know-what-I-mean!

And to be fair, the other female badges had already been through peer review in the old thread, so I thought they really only needed uploading - but I guess hostage-taking of the other females is a fair order of business, arrrrh..! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YESSSS! My microbadge got approved finally! Check out that bling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samort7 wrote:
YESSSS! My microbadge got approved finally! Check out that bling!

Mine are still pending... did you all go voting here and here?

Edit: never mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... I'm mostly caught up

l10n0fjudah wrote:
Homebrew RPG
mb
I really love Homebrew RPGs and this badge is quite excellent. I wonder if the beer beer bottle (I assume that's what it is!) could be more of a beer mug? See Rune's mug for inspiration maybe?

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Retributor
msg tools
badge
It's not a bottle, it's a representation of a 5-gallon carboy, which is what homebrewed beer is made in. A mug wouldn't symbolize homebrewing, since you can drink anything out of a mug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here they are, I hope they do the trick - the female human badges:

- "I play a female Human!"

Capitalized race, I dunno why, but that's how the other badges were uploaded..?

Poll
Are these female RPG-race badges satisfactory?
Yes, they're fiiiiiiiiiiiine..!
Wow, these are f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c, I will no go and donate all my
to you!
Not even all my
can do it, you now own my immortal soul!
      7 answers
Poll created by rmidjord

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
And here they are, I hope they do the trick - the female human badges

Hmmm... are all the voting options saying 'yes'? Nice trick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
rmidjord wrote:
And here they are, I hope they do the trick - the female human badges

Hmmm... are all the voting options saying 'yes'? Nice trick
Yes, I knoooooow..... 'tis clever isn't........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
mbI really love Homebrew RPGs and this badge is quite excellent. I wonder if the beer beer bottle (I assume that's what it is!) could be more of a beer mug? See Rune's mug for inspiration maybe?
-Dave
Like Kevin said. I'd like to leave this badge as the carboy if possible.

Also, I just uploaded the Legend of the Five Rings RPG series:
Poll
Legend of the Five Rings RPG fan badges:
  Yes No
mb
mb
mb
mb
mb
      5 answers
Poll created by l10n0fjudah
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, Dave - could you pretty please look into fixing the way badges are sorted in the browse microbadges by designer window (if you e.g. look at my own: http://www.geekdo.com/microbadges?creator=rmidjord), so that badges (again) are sorted by group and then subgroup/alphabetically - it looks like someone (an admin of some sort) accidentally clicked some option, to sort the badges differently, so I would think it should be fairly easy to undo? One thing is that it's really quite nausiating for designers to look at the current sorting, when trying to keep up with sales and designs - but users tend to browse by designer, once they find a badge or two they like, so right now it's really hard for them to see all badges belonging to even one group (e.g. all my RPG badges are mixed up with every other type of badge)?

I would do that, Dave....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
It's not a bottle, it's a representation of a 5-gallon carboy, which is what homebrewed beer is made in. A mug wouldn't symbolize homebrewing, since you can drink anything out of a mug.
I forgot to say, I really think the iconography of this one is excellent - I got the idea straight away, and we don't even have/do that much moonshining around here, due to our low prices on alcohol and ready accessibility (the Swedes and Norweigans, however...! ) - that badge, I think, really should just be uploaded as is! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
Rune - get these into the MB system please

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
By the way, Dave - could you pretty please look into fixing the way badges are sorted in the browse microbadges by designer window
You know I love you guys but these requests should go through:

skippen
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Cary Grant, 1904 - 1986
badge
How old Cary Grant? Old Cary Grant fine. How you?
mbmbmbmbmb

Who is the Microbadge Admin Extraordinaire!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mb
rmidjord wrote:
that badge, I think, really should just be uploaded as is! thumbsup
Dave approved it as is cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
rmidjord wrote:
Rune - get these into the MB system please

-Dave
Done and done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
All of my microbadges (RPG and otherwise) uploaded to date. Please buy if you like them!

mb Andrzej Sapkowski fan
mb Jeremy Soule fan
mb Vampire: The Masquerade - Clan Brujah (click - other clans available and more available soon [hopefully])
mb Monastyr fan
mb d6 System fan (made on request for Orange_Cat)
mb American McGee's Alice fan
mb Max Payne fan
mb Painkiller fan
mb Warcraft 2 fan
mb Least I Could Do reader
mb Warcraft III fan - Human Player
mb Warcraft III fan - Night Elf Player
mb Warcraft III fan - Orc Player
mb Warcraft III fan - Undead Player

New V:tM microbadges are en-route (awaiting approval).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord_Kristof wrote:
Did you post them here for voting/comment? I don't remember seeing them.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
Lord_Kristof wrote:

-Dave
Haven't we sort of abandonned the voting model - it clutters the thread with endless polls and it isn't really very reliable, because it's only whoever happens to be there, who passes judgement. Isn't it better that those who have feedback/opposition voice their opinions - and then we collectively use our common-sense (but not a strict vote) to decide whether a given badge would seem to have any potential buyers (even if none of them are there to vote)/seem relevant/aren't too many on one subject/etc.? It's what we did in the old thread, and it was very, very smooth 'n' efficient - I really don't know why the procedure was changed (the upload tool is just to take the workload off the admins, but it needn't have anything to do with review/feedback process)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
Haven't we sort of abandonned the voting model - it clutters the thread with endless polls and it isn't really very reliable, because it's only whoever happens to be there, who passes judgement. Isn't it better that those who have feedback/opposition voice their opinions - and then we collectively use our common-sense (but not a strict vote) to decide whether a given badge would seem to have any potential buyers (even if none of them are there to vote)/seem relevant/aren't too many on one subject/etc.? It's what we did in the old thread, and it was very, very smooth 'n' efficient - I really don't know why the procedure was changed (the upload tool is just to take the workload off the admins, but it needn't have anything to do with review/feedback process)?
I'm just using the same formula as the main microbadge thread. I thought polls were the way to go there. In any event, you need to post your micros here for discussion - entering them into the new microbadge system is not enough.

EDIT: I just double-checked skippen's official MB thread on the BGG side and it still talks about voting and community opinion. Was there further discussion that I've missed? I'm trying not to do things too differently on the RPG side of the fence. The rules we have on the RPG side say to use this thread for official submissions for voting/discussion. And the design feedback/discussion/requests thread for, um... design feedback discussion and requests

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:

I'm just using the same formula as the main microbadge thread. I thought polls were the way to go there. In any event, you need to post your micros here for discussion - entering them into the new microbadge system is not enough.

I think rune only says that the polls suck. The old system (if it was a system) where we posted a mb and then it got approved after it had enough thumbs was ok for me.

In the end it depends on the mb designer if he enters a new mb with a poll or without... don't remember that a poll a requisite for entering a new mb.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
In the end it depends on the mb designer if he enters a new mb with a poll or without... don't remember that a poll a requisite for entering a new mb.
According to the official BGG MB rules:

http://boardgame.geekdo.com/thread/469480

Quote:
4. After you upload the badge, post the newly created badge to this thread. Embed your microbadge in a thread by including the following command in the body of your post (remove the spaces and replace 123 with your badge ID #):[ microbadge = 123]. At this point, the community will discuss the badge and ultimately help decide its fate: accepted or rejected. Create a yes/no poll along with your post to facilitate discussion.
5. Once the community has expressed its opinion, the badge will be approved or rejected by the admin.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:

According to the official BGG MB rules:

http://boardgame.geekdo.com/thread/469480

Quote:
4. ... Create a yes/no poll along with your post to facilitate discussion.

Huh... ok... well... I don't know where a poll helps to facilitate discussion, but if its written in the rules, a poll it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
Huh... ok... well... I don't know where a poll helps to facilitate discussion, but if its written in the rules, a poll it is.
And just to be clear... I'm not sure I care for the polls either. But I am a huge proponent of written rules for things -- witness the Guide to Data Entry and I'm especially in favor of having the same rules for BGG and RPGG. Having said that, we're already doing some things differently and we could use a different process here. But for the occasional MB artist, I think that might cause confusion.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
wavemotion wrote:
EDIT: I just double-checked skippen's official MB thread on the BGG side and it still talks about voting and community opinion. Was there further discussion that I've missed?
Yup. Scott said at some point that polls were unnecessary. The thread has become a bit long though, so no surprise that few people caught it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Zięba
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Check out my first published board game: In the Name of Odin!
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
Lord_Kristof wrote:

-Dave

To be honest, I'm way too lazy to do this. But, if you still feel there is a need for that, I'm ready to do that. Again, only if it's absolutely necessary.

There's not really much to comment on - I just took the official symbols and made them small (in a few I had to make them more "square", like with the Ravnos). That's it. I omitted some clan symbols (like Tzimizce), just because they would be completely unreadable at that size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [41] |