Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: microbadge_submission [+] [View All]
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The much vaunted (pun intended) female race badges, now uploaded via the new system:

mb - "I play a female Elf!"

mb - "I play a female Half-Elf!"

mb - "I play a female Dwarf!"

mb - "I play a female Gnome!"

mb - "I play a female Halfling!"

mb - "I play a female Half-Orc!"

mb - "I play a female Ogre!"

Now, with regards to the female Dark Elf badge "I play a female Dark Elf!" we never found the final contender in the RPG microbadge thread, so I guess this calls for the proper use of a poll:
Poll
What hairdo for a female Dark Elf?
mb
mb
mb
      21 answers
Poll created by rmidjord

The capitalization of the race is a continuation from current RPG-race badges, and I still need to do the female Human badges - and we never figured out if the male badges should have 'male' added before the race, one direction of thought being that only indicating gender for the female badges was most information effective given that most characters are male, but the other being that indicating gender on both lines of badges would be the properly gender equal approach.

EDIT: Dave, I have removed the two first alternatives from the pending que, as the third option seems to have won with a reasonably clear margin - so everything should be in order now! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the old RPG MB-thread, but uploaded with the new procedure:

Here's a couple of other classics, for a bit more WFRP-love:

mb - "WFRP - Bugman's beer fan, best ale of the Old World!"

mb - "WFRP - I helped turn Bögenhafen into a minor Chaos gate! Yay!"

And now that I had to do a Bögenhafen device anyway, then:
mb - "WFRP - Bögenhafener"

I actually found a number of German WFRP page, that spelled an inhabitant of Bögenhagen that way (and none that spelled it Bögenhafner) - then it must be right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another transfer from the old RPG MB-thread:

I believe these are classics for all things horror/Cthulhu:

mb - "My character carries a sawn-off shotgun - this is my BOOMSTICK!"

mb - "My character wields a chainsaw - groovy!"

Those are "Evil Dead" references in case anybody should be in any doubt..! All hail to the King, baby!

Might I also suggest that these are placed in a new subgroup called "Equipment - Modern", and then that the current one is relabelled "Equipment - Medieval" and that all non-time period specific/generic equipment like rope, poles and perhaps potions are moved to a third subgroup labelled "Equipment - Generic"? That way the different equipment lists also get a little easier to get an overview of!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:

mb - "My character carries a sawn-off shotgun - this is my BOOMSTICK!"

mb - "My character wields a chainsaw - groovy!"

Those are "Evil Dead" references in case anybody should be in any doubt..! All hail to the King, baby! ;) :D
I wonder if these could be uploaded or categorized in two places, under rpg equipment and also under the pop culture group for Evil Dead fans. I think they would be more popular as evil dead mbs, but it'd be nice to have them in both places with different captions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Contenders RPG fan
mb
Catalyst Games Lab
mb
Homebrew RPG
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave! GOOD to see you back! thumbsup

Can I just ask, what was you opinion on the RPG-artist badges (my suggestion was to make a subgroup for such under "Role-Playing (General)")? Should I just go ahead and upload?

And what about the D&D settings badges - are you working on introducing multiple-mouseover/multiple-subgroup badges?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
Hi Dave! GOOD to see you back! thumbsup
Where did I go!?

Quote:
Can I just ask, what was you opinion on the RPG-artist badges (my suggestion was to make a subgroup for such under "Role-Playing (General)")? Should I just go ahead and upload?
Yes, I think we should have an Artists subgroup. You can't create a subgroup yourself, but just add a note to the ones you submit that they should go in "Artists" subgroup. I can create it on the first batch and then you can choose it as a subgroup in the future.

Quote:
And what about the D&D settings badges - are you working on introducing multiple-mouseover/multiple-subgroup badges?
I forget why those settings badges weren't in the system... maybe you need to let me know what the problem was because they look nice!

As for multiple mouseovers... there is no official plans to do it. Right now, we get away with multiple mouseovers on the RPG Designer/Writer/Author badges by having 3 of the same badges with the exact same name/description but different mouseovers (so when you click one, it shows owners from all three). Not a great solution, granted. However, these important decisions are all Scott's (aka skippen). I just work here

Nice to see some RPG badge activity... the spice must flow!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:

I forget why those settings badges weren't in the system... maybe you need to let me know what the problem was because they look nice!
The reason was that e.g. almost all the D&D settings badge also double as literary creations (= ficticious worlds) - there are even different chronologies: Dragonlance and Lankhmar started out as literary creations before becoming game settings (not to mention anything Tolkien), but Forgotten Realms, Ravenloft and Planescape started out as game settings that were later franchised into paperback novels. So, there really isn't any meaningful way of treating them according to one chronology or another - and that's why multi-category badges would make life a lot easier in this case and in many other instances (all things related to the Warhammer universe)! Then we could just make multiple mouseovers available to specify if it's e.g. general Dragonlance fanhood, Dragonlance setting fanhood or Dragonlance novel series fanhood - and multi-mouseover badges would also make quote/famous persons/character badges soooooo much more fun (case and point, all things Blackadder)! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cºntinuum RPG microbadges
Poll
Cºntinuum RPG microbadges
  Yes No Needs work
mb
mb
mb
      8 answers
Poll created by lydon

First is a logo made from the Cº of the title text. The following ones are the Hand logo from the Cºntinuum website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Timemaster RPG microbadges
Poll
Timemaster RPG microbadges
  Yes No Needs work
mb
mb
      7 answers
Poll created by lydon

First, slanted version is the original from the title. Alternate version without slant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:

I actually found a number of German WFRP page, that spelled an inhabitant of Bögenhafen that way (and none that spelled it Bögenhafner) - then it must be right!

A Hafner would be a Harper. Hafener is correct. But this does not mean that the GWs did it right as they wrote this...

Edit: removed extra r before the f, added note about truthvalue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
rmidjord wrote:

I actually found a number of German WFRP page, that spelled an inhabitant of Bögenhafen that way (and none that spelled it Bögenhafner) - then it must be right!

A Harfner would be a Harper. Harfener is correct.
Well, the (ficticious) city is called Bögenhafen in the pseudo-German that they use in Warhammer (WFRP) - no 'r' as in Bögenharfen - and I looked it up on Google, specifically looking for German WFRP sites, thinking that would be the optimal mix between psudo-German and actual German, and they spelled it "Bögenhafener"? But I think you were... confirming that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I submitted this one before in the old thread but it never got approved... So here it goes again

mb - Role-Playing (General)/Equipment/My character uses two swords!

Poll
Accept?
Yes
No
Needs work
      13 answers
Poll created by garion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, can I just ask - do you use the same uploading system now, that's been introduced on the BGG side by Skippen, or do you still do your uploads Ye Old Fashion Way, good old manual labor and none of that fancy machinery, aye?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, wait, you've written instruction on the first page of this thread, which is... erhm... the page right before this one... blush ...I guess I mixed this thread up with the old one...and you do use the new submissions system, so perhaps I should do the actual upload at some time in the near future... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*LOL* B'jeez, I have already... maaaaan, I'm having a slow start this morning... snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
from the previous RPG-MB-thread wrote:
Here are some examples from my first page of my microbadge designs.

The parenthesis shows number of owners indicated in respectively: the list for me as a designer, in the title next to my avatar in the purchase window, and in the list of 'related' badges just below (most times there's only the one badge):

mb - 15/14/15 (last one bought 10.10.09)
mb - 5/4/5 (last one bought 10.07.09)
mb - 6/5/6 (last one bought 11.13.09)
mb - 22/21/22 (last one bought 10.04.09)
mb - 5/4/5 (last one bought 11.11.09)
mb - 15/14/15 (last one bought 11.21.09)
mb - 34/33/34 (last one bought 11.20.09)

Hmmm, I'm almost 100% sure that the totals in the designer list also were off in several cases (not counting the 24 hour delay, before totals are updated), but I do seem to see quite a clear pattern there - it's the total at the top of the purchase page next to the designer's avatar that's for some reason one less than it should be (at least in all of the above examples)...
Dave, I don't know who to ask, you or Skippen, but given that you've been MB-adminning just that tad longer and I posted this in the old RPG-MB-thread, I'll just post it here - but now I've even found two examples of apparently having made sales that I haven't been notified about, nor receied any (preciousssss...) gg for:

These two badges mb and mb apparently were purchased by the user nabla on 2009-12-03, but if look in my list of MB-sales neither are listed as sales (nor have I received any gg)? (And nabla's not an admin, as far as I can tell, so he can't assign badges to himself either..?)

Pretty cool avatar nabla has btw. :

AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Me'thinks there are nisser (Scandinavian for christmas elves, but more similar to leprechauns) loose in the system...!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
Dave, I don't know who to ask, you or Skippen, but given that you've been MB-adminning just that tad longer and I posted this in the old RPG-MB-thread, I'll just post it here - but now I've even found two examples of apparently having made sales that I haven't been notified about, nor receied any (preciousssss...) gg for:
I'm letting all general Microbadge questions filter through Scott (skippen). There is definitely some odd behavior on Micros, however. One that I have asked to be fixed is that designers of award badges don't get credit for the design because they aren't purchased.

One thing I can tell you is that I do give away badges sometimes... I especially give them away to designers of a game (that is, I gave Halfjack the Diaspora badge). When you give a badge in such a way, it doesn't get sale credit. I am trying to change that behavior and have asked the devs to consider it.

And to confirm - Scott and I are using the very same Microbadge system. It's the same approval queue, in fact, but he will leave the RPG-centric badges in for me to deal with. He's approving a lot faster than I am I'm still giving the minimum 1 week "settle period". I'm still not sure I like the new system - our polls are usually "Yes, No, Needs Work" but it doesn't leave much room for someone to submit alternate designs. For example... if someone asked for a Sci-Fi LARP micro and we had 3 submissions, it's possible for none, one or three of them to be voted as 'Yes'. I guess there is no harm in accepting 2 or 3 micros for the same category... but sometimes it's nice to have a unified micro for a subject. I'm still trying to get a feel for all this in the new MB era.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I just repost this from the (new) general microbadge thread:

I think we've ended up over overcomplicating the microbadge submissions process - may I suggest that we just do it like this:

1. Submit your design in the thread via the normal [ inlineimg ][ /inlineimg ] from whereever you keep your imagery (e.g. profile on BGG/RPGG, Flickr or private server), with description, name and mouseover listed, along with any comments you might have, like so:

EXAMPLE wrote:

Description: Monty Python fan
Name: Monty Python fan - No. 1. The Larch.
Mouseover: No. 1. The Larch. The Larch. And now... No. 1. The Larch. And now...

Comment: I know this was rejected, but this is the actual slide that is shown in the sketch while that quote is being said - in fact, the original slide is much more faded and unsharp: http://media.photobucket.com/image/monty%20python%20the%20la...

2. See what feedback your design/badge generates and from this tweak the design in a continuous feedback process until finished - or - just drop the design if for some reason it is deemed redundant, inappropriate or perhaps even un-doable

3. Once the badge has been improved and approved THEN upload the design via: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/microbadge/create

4. Badges that haven't been through the microbadge submissions thread then simply won't be approved by Skippen or Dave, if submitted

This is the same procedure that was used previously, which worked beautifully, only with steps 3. and 4. added on, thereby moving the upload workload to the users from the admin (which is only fair) - and at the same time this makes uploads for eventually-rejected badges unnecessary, and completely eliminates the need for us as users to be able to go back and edit our initial "create microbadge" submission to tweak the design or correct spelling errors, because they will already have been tweaked and corrected in the thread before they're ever submitted...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
2. See what feedback your design/badge generates and from this tweak the design in a continuous feedback process until finished - or - just drop the design if for some reason it is deemed redundant, inappropriate or perhaps even un-doable
This is similar to the third rule in my original post in this thread (post #1).

Quote:
3. We have setup an RPG Microbadge - Design, Discussion and Request thread if you want to kick around ideas or get help with your design before you post it to our system officially. It is strongly recommend you post your badge for discussion first to solicit feedback before submitting an official entry. While you can enter it and then solicit feedback, I've seen that it often takes the community to help drive the very best badges (the RPG Designer/Editor/Artist microbadges seen at RPG Geek are a prime example - few badges look as nice and that took days of discussion/tweaking).

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
mb mb
I went to accept the pistol (the one on the right... I think the one on the left still needs a little definition/sharpness). When an admin goes to accept a badge, it shows it on the normal background and on a dark grey background to test transparency. This badge looked pretty bad on the grey background... it was speckley (for lack of a better term). Little white pixels all around the barrel of the gun. It may not matter short-term but before I accept I wanted to bring it up.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
spearjr wrote:
mb mb
I went to accept the pistol (the one on the right... I think the one on the left still needs a little definition/sharpness). When an admin goes to accept a badge, it shows it on the normal background and on a dark grey background to test transparency. This badge looked pretty bad on the grey background... it was speckley (for lack of a better term). Little white pixels all around the barrel of the gun. It may not matter short-term but before I accept I wanted to bring it up.

-Dave
Its on my to-do list, just not near the top, sorry. Go ahead and reject them now and I'll resubmit when I get a chance to tweak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave! Is there a reason why the female badges and the shotgun + chainsaw badges haven't been approved - they've been finished for 2-3 weeks now, I think, and they're generic, non-publisher specific badges (= no GW IP BS)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
Hi Dave! Is there a reason why the female badges and the shotgun + chainsaw badges haven't been approved - they've been finished for 2-3 weeks now, I think, and they're generic, non-publisher specific badges (= no GW IP BS)?
They were posted to this very official thread on December 4th. The required (by me!) one week period is December 11th. That's tomorrow - and ALL of them are going into the system (along with the highest voted Drow). The only reason they might not go in tomorrow is that you haven't given me my cherished female human MB (which I usually play)

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old & Chaotic Evil Bob
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm not the Admin you are looking for
badge
O&CE Bob has Retired as a Geek Admin
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
rmidjord wrote:
They were posted to this very official thread on December 4th. The required (by me!) one week period is December 11th. That's tomorrow - and ALL of them are going into the system (along with the highest voted Drow). The only reason they might not go in tomorrow is that you haven't given my my cherished female human MB (which I usually play)

-Dave

wait,what ... Ligra is a female human gulp who knew whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [41] |