Subject: RPG Microbadges - Official Submission Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: microbadge_submission [+] [View All]
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We're back! The new Microbadge system is up and there is a new Microbadge Admin on the BGG side (see http://boardgame.geekdo.com/thread/469480 for details).

For now, I'll still be helping out with badges on the RPG side (I can hear the booooooos now!). All requests/comments/complaints and other correspondence for BGG and more general microbadges should be posted to the BGG thread mentioned above (that is: Scott aka skippen is the primary Microbadge admin and he is the go-to guy for questions/concerns/etc. I'm super thankful for that!!).

Here are the new guidelines (Scott will put these in a wiki soon). I'm following Scott's lead here with a few minor tweaks:

1. Search the current microbadges and make sure you are not duplicating an already existing badge. If you are unsure, post your idea here and someone can let you know if it's been done before.

2. Create your badge. The badge must be exactly 16x16 pixels. Transparency should be handled by the creator (so we recommend PNG or GIF with transparency).

3. We have setup an RPG Microbadge - Design, Discussion and Request thread if you want to kick around ideas or get help with your design before you post it to our system officially. It is strongly recommend you post your badge for discussion first to solicit feedback before submitting an official entry. While you can enter it and then solicit feedback, I've seen that it often takes the community to help drive the very best badges (the RPG Designer/Editor/Artist microbadges seen at RPG Geek are a prime example - few badges look as nice and that took days of discussion/tweaking).

4. After you are happy with your badge, upload it using the following tool: http://rpg.geekdo.com/microbadge/create

5. After you upload the badge, post the newly created badge to this thread. Embed your microbadge in a thread by including the following command in the body of your post (remove the spaces and replace 123 with your badge ID #):[ microbadge = 123]. At this point, the community will discuss the badge and ultimately help decide its fate: accepted or rejected.

6. Once the community has expressed its opinion, the badge will be approved or rejected by the admin. On the RPG side, this will be a minimum of 1 week "settle period" before any badge is accepted.

For the RPG side... we have exactly 3 (three) top-level directories which you can submit badges. Please only use one of these:

Role-Playing - this is where we put all our RPG Game badges (sub-dir is the game name).
Role-Playing (General) - this is where we put all of our general RPG badges (character classes, equipment, etc)
RPGG -- this is where we put special promo badges and awards.

More microbadging information:
The Microbadge wiki entry contains further general microbadge information.
The Microbadge Design and Submission wiki entry contains all you should need to know about designing and submitting microbadges.
Besides this very thread, you may also use the Microbadge Request & Design Feedback Geeklist (permanently offline) to request new microbadge creations.
Subscribe to the New Microbadges Available for Purchase (and other Microbadge Events) Subscription Thread to periodically be informed of the new microbadges that are approved.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
mb mb
Poll
1. My character carries a Revolver! - Accept?
Yes
Needs work (clarify in comments)
No (clarify in comments)
2. My character carries a Pistol! - Accept?
Yes
No (clarify in comments)
      24 answers
Poll created by spearjr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang Jason, you beat me to the first post
Trail of Cthulhu fan:
mb

Poll
Should this microbadge be approved?
Yes
No
Needs Work (please comment)
      16 answers
Poll created by l10n0fjudah

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
White Settlement
TX
flag msg tools
Only 6 months until the next round.
badge
A little lower and to the left, please.
I would say semi-automatic, as both are pistols.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Gorski
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Get my Mac and iOS software for Traveller at http://naasirka.weebly.com/
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
5. After you upload the badge, post the newly created badge to this thread.

Oops. Posted my Role-Playing>Setting>Third Imperium microbadge over on the BGG thread. whistle

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/469480/page/4

Sixth post from the bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
White Wolf Inc:
mb
Serenity RPG fan:
mb
The Fantasy Trip fan:
mb

Poll
White Wolf Inc. fan badge?
Yes
No
Needs Work
      15 answers

Poll
Serenity RPG fan badge?
Yes
No
Needs Work
      18 answers

Poll
The Fantasy Trip fan badge?
Yes
No
Needs Work
      11 answers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l10n0fjudah wrote:
Serenity RPG fan:
mb
Hey... I thought we got this Serenity badge in already?! Sure enough... I can't find it in our system. Hmmm...

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We made the final tweaks, but I never saw it submitted.

Good to see badges up and running today thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
mb Mouseover - "My character carries a Flame Sword!"
Poll
mb Flame Sword Microbadge - Accept?
Yes
No (clarify in comments)
      21 answers
Poll created by spearjr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here are two proposals from the old thread... already submitted the highlighted ones, sorry

Edit: removed poll and submissions, new posting, now that I understand how it works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
5. After you upload the badge, post the newly created badge to this thread. Embed your microbadge in a thread by including the following command in the body of your post (remove the spaces and replace 123 with your badge ID #):[ microbadge = 123]. At this point, the community will discuss the badge and ultimately help decide its fate: accepted or rejected.

Uh... I guess I did not note the numbers. Is there a way to retrieve them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Another question: under Roleplaying each RPG has its subgroup. Just choose an empty one for a RPG the subgroup is not there yet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
Uh... I guess I did not note the numbers. Is there a way to retrieve them?
I'm not sure... I figured once you hit submit into the system it would respond with a Microbadge #. I haven't gone through the upload process myself. I can dig the numbers out if you can't get them yourself (as some people are using the [ microbadge=xxxx] on the main BGG MB thread, I'm guessing there is a way.

lydon wrote:
Another question: under Roleplaying each RPG has its subgroup. Just choose an empty one for a RPG the subgroup is not there yet?
Yes, that's fine. Users can't create new sub-groups. Just add an admin note when you submit (though it will usually be obvious which subgroup needs to be created). I can create it for you if the badge gets accepted.

I'm still feeling through this new process... the polls are interesting and seem to be a user-imitative more than dictated policy.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
mb mb
First one needs a little work on the handle I think... something seems off.

Love the 2nd one!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agorski wrote:
wavemotion wrote:
5. After you upload the badge, post the newly created badge to this thread.

Oops. Posted my Role-Playing>Setting>Third Imperium microbadge over on the BGG thread. whistle
You can also embed your poll here. I think the results carry over. I would prefer, however, that all RPG related badges be posted here as we are the discerning connoisseurs of RPGs

I'll be watching the BGG thread, but not sure for how much longer. The thread is already 10 pages long! Scott has his work cut out for him - it's going to be 100x the effort the RPG side is (and I found that RPG side a little daunting!).

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
Edit: added a poll, cause that seems to be the way to go
You should make the polls YES, Needs Work and No. We allow more than one badge per game - so you might get 2 or 4 of your Continuum badges in The way you have it setup now, people can only vote for one.

-Dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
mb Mouseover - "My character carries a Flame Sword!"
I love this! But I voted "needs work". Just a little more "flame" action would be superior here.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GURPS Fourth Edition Fan
mb

EDIT: Changed it from "GURPS Fan" to "GRUPS Fourth Edition Fan" as per wavemotion's suggestion.

Poll
Allow?
Yes
No
      15 answers
Poll created by Samort7
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samort7 wrote:
GURPS Fan
mb
I voted YES, but would like to consider a change on the mouseover to "GURPS Fourth Edition fan" to make it specific for the actual image.

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:

I voted YES, but would like to consider a change on the mouseover to "GURPS Fourth Edition fan" to make it specific for the actual image.

Ok, that makes sense. How do I change it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samort7 wrote:
wavemotion wrote:

Ok, that makes sense. How do I change it?
I made the change on the admin side (it's still pending, but the text is ready for when this is approved). I also moved it from RPGG to "Role-Playing" as the top group and "GURPS" as the Sub-group.

For those who aren't sure... we have 3 top-level groups for the RPG side:

Role-Playing - this is where we put all our RPG Game badges.
Role-Playing (General) - this is where we put all of our general RPG badges (character classes, equipment, etc)

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taylor Liss
United States
Quincy
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
I made the change on the admin side (it's still pending, but the text is ready for when this is approved). I also moved it from RPGG to "Role-Playing" as the top group and "GURPS" as the Sub-group.

For those who aren't sure... we have 3 top-level groups for the RPG side:

Role-Playing - this is where we put all our RPG Game badges.
Oh! Ok thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave, what do you feel needs work with this one?
Fantasy Trip
mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
l10n0fjudah wrote:
Hi Dave, what do you feel needs work with this one?
Fantasy Trip mb
I'm not sure... I think it would look great as-is if it were being used on a dark background (so the white between the black ink would stand out). As is... it seems to blend in and lose some identity. Maybe it would stand out more with a 1-pixel box around it? I'm not good with suggestions on how to improve stuff... like art, I know what I love to look and know what I don't really enjoy but couldn't begin to tell you the difference why

Yeah... not helpful, I know!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:

You should make the polls YES, Needs Work and No. We allow more than one badge per game - so you might get 2 or 4 of your Continuum badges in The way you have it setup now, people can only vote for one.

Nah... I was confused... I just submitted the highlighted ones I like best, then I added those polls. And in addition I have not noted the mb numbers of the two submitted. It's the learning phase I guess

So now there are two badges in the queue I don't know the number of (theres no 'my pending badges' view, or is there?) and two polls where I would get the opinion of the people here which one of the designes I made should be submitted.

Can you get me the numbers, Dave?

I would say we wait a bit till some votes are made and then the ones submitted could be approved or I submit the design most people voted for. Should make the least work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [41] |