Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: RPG Microbadges - Design, Discussion and Request Thread
TScott wrote:
- Evil DM (hey, we've all run into these people haven't we??? . I'm thinking a nerd with glasses and horns.
We do have something similar:
mb I kill PCs
mb I kill PCs
mb I kill PCs

Quote:
- TPK. Total party kill. I've DM'd a group that had this happen. Haven't been on the receiving end of yet. (See Evil DM above. Heh!) Here I'm thinking a tombstone with the initials T P K on it
Oh we need this! Maybe the mouseover could be more generic "I've been part of a TPK (Total Party Kill)" to appeal to players and GMs?

Anyway, the TPK is one we should design!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a mock-up of the graphic, but I'm at a loss of how to post it without going through the "official" route. I tried uploading it to my gallery -- but it got converted from a PNG to a JPG and the size went from 16x16 to 150x150. Any tips?

Thanks,
--tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
Help me! I got addicted to MtG again!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TScott wrote:
I tried uploading it to my gallery -- but it got converted from a PNG to a JPG and the size went from 16x16 to 150x150. Any tips?

First use the legacy uploader (there is a link below the new Select/Upload uploader, or use this link). Second don't delete it from the gallery, so that we can't show you the error you made. Third use the 'original' keyword in the imageid tag like this: [ imageid = XXXXX original ] (without the spaces, except the one between XXXXX and original).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reed

Minnesota
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If its possible I'd Like to get a microbadge for my Company
Heroic Journey Publishing if that is possible I open it up to the creative minds to design one if they want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkReed wrote:
Heroic Journey Publishing if that is possible I open it up to the creative minds to design one if they want to.
A bit of extra geekgold as well for anyone that can help Mark out! They also have a new game Bounty Head Bebop that could use some microbadge love!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkReed wrote:
If this works for you, I'll submit using the form.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Holden
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's another version:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
multiple design choices = good!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Scott
United States
West Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the tip. That fixed things.

Here are a couple of TPK ideas:

Standard Tombstone:

Bloody Tombstone:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reed

Minnesota
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
l10n0fjudah wrote:
Here's another version:

spearjr wrote:

I like both... So hard to decide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
MarkReed wrote:
A bit of extra geekgold as well for anyone that can help Mark out! They also have a new game Bounty Head Bebop that could use some microbadge love!
-Dave
Not a lot to work with... This is the little spaceship on the cover:

Would that work for you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:

Would that work for you?
Woah! Mark should make the decision but I think this little micro looks amazing!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reed

Minnesota
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
garion wrote:
wavemotion wrote:
MarkReed wrote:
-Dave

Would that work for you?

Yes I like it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geert VG
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkReed wrote:

Yes I like it...
Ready for approval
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Reed

Minnesota
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkReed wrote:
l10n0fjudah wrote:
Here's another version:

spearjr wrote:

I really like both of these and it took a few days of discussion as to which we would want to use...

Is the one we liked only because it fit as a truer example of HJP and its logo... Both were great and we really had a tough decision.. Thank you both for the great work
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkReed wrote:
MarkReed wrote:
l10n0fjudah wrote:
Here's another version:

spearjr wrote:

I really like both of these and it took a few days of discussion as to which we would want to use...

Is the one we liked only because it fit as a truer example of HJP and its logo... Both were great and we really had a tough decision.. Thank you both for the great work
Great, Submitted. mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to see a set of three related badges for:

I prefer crunch in my Role-Playing Games

I prefer story in my Role-Playing Games

I prefer a mix of crunch and story in my Role-Playing Games

Maybe a simple three color spectrum that the amount of three simple colors?

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay... this one is important! I'd like to see a catchy and colorful micro badge that will be given away freely and will help us promote the ranking/rating of RPGs and RPG Items. One of our goals for 2010 is to have 5000 ranked RPG items and 1000 ranked RPGs. I don't know yet what the mouseover will be, but something along the lines of:

I Support the RPG Geek Ranking Project. Click me!

Can I see a couple of designs for this? Use your own best creative judgment... thanks!

EDIT: one simple idea might be 3 smaller versions of that cool tan RPG book we use for the Designer/Artist/Editor badges in a staircase like effect.

EDIT EDIT: Since this is a community goal, I'll offer 20 for the chosen MB design!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Graf
Germany
Koblenz
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RPG Geek Rating project
wavemotion wrote:

Tinkering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lydon wrote:
wavemotion wrote:

Tinkering...

I like the concept! Yellow is the right color (as that's the color we use for stars for the average rating on an item) but some people have an aversion to it so we might need to have an alternate (blue?) to give people a choice.

I'm still open to any and all ideas for this... you creative types rock!

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will submit a design later, and if the purpose is to animate users about ranking RPG items - heck, then I think it should (will) be an animated badge...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rmidjord wrote:
I will submit a design later, and if the purpose is to animate users about ranking RPG items - heck, then I think it should (will) be an animated badge...!
Let me check on that first. While I have no problem with an animated badge, they have traditionally been reserved ONLY for very special award badges. Not free giveaways (and this will be one popular badge, I assure you!).

You might want to have a non-animated backup

-Dave
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
rmidjord wrote:
Let me check on that first. While I have no problem with an animated badge, they have traditionally been reserved ONLY for very special award badges. Not free giveaways (and this will be one popular badge, I assure you!).

You might want to have a non-animated backup

-Dave
Just make it an animated badge while the drive is going on, to get people going, and then make it an unanimated one, when the drive is over, so that people can still brag about it, but it doesn't violate the previous policy on animated badges (heck, it may even be a new animate-users-with-time-limited-animated-badges policy) - yes, I am ex-advertising, I have absolutely no conscience when it comes to marketing (ok, well, actually I do, quite a bit - but it was fun saying...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rune Midjord Nielsen
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
Okay... this one is important! I'd like to see a catchy and colorful micro badge that will be given away freely and will help us promote the ranking/rating of RPGs and RPG Items. One of our goals for 2010 is to have 5000 ranked RPG items and 1000 ranked RPGs. I don't know yet what the mouseover will be, but something along the lines of:

Can I see a couple of designs for this? Use your own best creative judgment... thanks!

EDIT: one simple idea might be 3 smaller versions of that cool tan RPG book we use for the Designer/Artist/Editor badges in a staircase like effect.

EDIT EDIT: Since this is a community goal, I'll offer 20 for the chosen MB design!

-Dave
Can I just ask - is that the "RPG Geek Ranking Project" or "RPG Geek Rating Project" - I think there's a difference? I assume it's the latter, as there's a lack of ratings of RPG items, right? The ranking then follows automatically from when the ratings start building up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Broder
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:

-Dave

*Ears perk up* What's that, geek gold? I'm not a designer, so I won't get picked, but I'm willing to try!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [356] |