Popular Tags: PbF_started_2019 [+] [View All]
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Microbadge: DreamerMicrobadge: Invisible Sky Fairies - Gaming invisibly since forever.Microbadge: The winter of VGGMicrobadge: I Love FogMicrobadge: 2017 Winter Wonderland Adventure Design contest participant
Now, we have but one more task and then the combat shall begin!

Each of our minions starts with a tool in their toolbelt. What do they have?

Skerolt carries a Ignatius Wave-Modulator which she is quite handy with! It's immune to flame and modulates waves (whatever that means).

So, what do your minions carry in their toolbelts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. L.
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2019 RPG Geek Play-by-Forum Initiative participantMicrobadge: 2017 Solitaire Print and Play Contest VolunteerMicrobadge: PnP / DIY fan
Ferd has an Unintegrated Diffraction Grate Crate . For storing Unintegrated Diffraction Grates in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawing
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Play-by-Forum - Platinum ParticipantMicrobadge: I love RPG Geek play by forum games!Microbadge: Level 07 RPGG posterMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!
Igor walks around carrying a sock puppet named Felix. It's dreadfully whimsical. He knows I despise it, but I allow it, because he does love it so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Omni has a pocket-sized encyclopedia, full to the brim with useful and useless facts alike.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Microbadge: DreamerMicrobadge: Invisible Sky Fairies - Gaming invisibly since forever.Microbadge: The winter of VGGMicrobadge: I Love FogMicrobadge: 2017 Winter Wonderland Adventure Design contest participant
And our Combat Thread is up!

First Round:

Mastermind Zantford Custard Ronimous vs their Nemesis Centenarian Smyth
With Igor and Omni aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Centenarian Smyth vs their Nemesis Kermit Ignacious Tolbert
With Omni and Skerolt aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Kermit Ignacious Tolbert vs their Nemesis Gaïa
With Skerolt and Ferd aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Gaïa vs their Nemesis Zantford Custard Ronimous
With Ferd and Igor aiding.

Is everyone in agreement with who is fighting who?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Oh, and I almost forgot! The most fun part! We still have to determine the requirements of our Projects! These will be chosen at random at the start of combat, to give us all a level playing field. Which means any one of us could end up with anyone's requirement!

Everyone needs to come up with 3 words or phrases. They can be anything from the mundane to the insane but bear in mind that they will be part of a project a mastermind must complete - a requirement, if you will.

You know:

- Ninjas
- Pandas
- Tacos
- Tactical Turtlenecks
- Global Taffy Purveyors
- Secret Spy Satellites

You get the idea...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
My three Project requirements are:

Insanely Sticky Toffee
Shark-Shaped Glider
Microscopic Flavor Packets
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
educational programm about the environment
Scooba diving set
Pink crayon paint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawing
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Microbadge: Citizenship Recognition - Level V - My God! It's Full of Stars!Microbadge: Play-by-Forum - Platinum ParticipantMicrobadge: I love RPG Geek play by forum games!Microbadge: Level 07 RPGG posterMicrobadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!
Spelunking
Heist
Enormous marshmallows
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. L.
United States
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 2019 RPG Geek Play-by-Forum Initiative participantMicrobadge: 2017 Solitaire Print and Play Contest VolunteerMicrobadge: PnP / DIY fan

green deer mouse tea
an embroidered plastic cravat
lime zest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Most excellent! And if we have no questions about the order of combat, then I shall make ready for our first fight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
And I have started the combat portion of our game!

IC - On Top of the World!

After Centenarian Smyth posts, then both Igor and Omni get to decide who to back and can make their posts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Only Masterminds need to worry about using Projects, which they roll for during their post.

My Nemesis's goal is to thwart my Project, in this case the Shark-Shaped Glider. They don't get a Project of their own.

Otherwise, it looks good!

Now my Nemesis just has to roll 4dF to counter me. And Igor and Omni can weigh in on which Mad Scientist they want to back!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. L.
United States
flag msg tools
Got it! Updated the post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
You very much rolled better than me, Smyth... but the minions helped save the day for me!

I did forget one more rule, which is worth knowing.

If there is ever a tie between Mastermind and Nemesis, the Mastermind can sacrifice their item in order to gain an edge over their Nemesis. The Nemesis is not allowed to destroy their item the same way. So if I had tied, I could have broken my Unspecified Half of a Pantomime Horse in order to win - but it would mean I could never again use Unspecified Half of a Pantomime Horse for the rest of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Sorry for holding us up there for a few days, you know how it is with Mad Science, it just doesn't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
And with that we come to the end of the first round! We have all gone into combat!

I hope you are finding things as you expected. We still have two more rounds to go!

Second Round:

Mastermind Centenarian Smyth vs their Nemesis Gaïa
With Igor and Skerolt aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Kermit Ignacious Tolbert vs their Nemesis Zantford Custard Ronimous
With Omni and Ferd aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Gaïa vs their Nemesis Centenarian Smyth
With Skerolt and Igor aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Zantford Custard Ronimous vs their Nemesis Kermit Ignacious Tolbert
With Ferd and Omni aiding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
I must say, I am impressed! Everything is going smooth as butter on a hot pan! Why, it is delightful to be going up against such a fine collection of Mad Scientists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Goodness! We are at the final round already!

Third Round:

Mastermind Kermit Ignacious Tolbert vs their Nemesis Centenarian Smyth
With Omni and Skerolt aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Gaïa vs their Nemesis Kermit Ignacious Tolbert
With Skerolt and Ferd aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Zantford Custard Ronimous vs their Nemesis Gaïa
With Ferd and Igor aiding.

Then:

Mastermind Centenarian Smyth vs their Nemesis Zantford Custard Ronimous
With Igor and Omni aiding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. L.
United States
flag msg tools
Michael, don’t you need to roll 4df?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawing
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Derp. Thanks for that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
And with that my fair frenemies, we are done with this latest competition to conquer the world.

If you must know, I feel absolutely terrible that I, Zantford Custard Ronimous, who invited you here, has won! Why, I was so hoping one of you would take up the mantle so that I could begin to work against you from the shadows. But it seems that the world thinks on its stomach and my delectable plans of destruction are almost too easy for the populace to swallow. I shall build myself a giant gingerbread house and dish out sweet treats to keep my faithful followers sated (and well sugared!)

Until next time, my frenemies. For I'm certain we shall battle again someday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
More seriously, thank you all so much for playing with me! I'm thrilled I got to play this again (and I really do feel bad about winning...)

And this time two Minions became Masterminds! Impressive!

I hope you enjoyed this short game. We all kept up a really good pace during play.

Now I have to decide what I next want to run!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. L.
United States
flag msg tools
Thanks for running this, Carrie, and for playing, my fellow wanna-be masterminds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks everyone for playing, I think ot's a very fun game! (although those fudge dice really didn't like me )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |