Recommend
49 
 Thumb up
 Hide
86 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: The Future of RPGG GotW rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: GotW [+] [View All]
Doug Foley
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
PM me for a Pint
badge
And as the world so Ordered Be, With a time to Rise and a time to Fall. Come raise with me the Parting Glass. Goodnight, and Joy be with you all!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been at BGG/RPG for 13 years, and would *LOVE* to participate in either the GotW or the RPGGotW. My challenge is that it gets passed from person to person from a nomination, and thus tends to run in social circles or threads. I have been in a bloodbowl group where it was passed around a bit, and a Shadows of Brimstone PBEM where it was passed around. But you cant really raise your hand and ask for it. So in the end, it is what it is and you either get it or you dont.

What about this as an idea:

The person who is GotW nominates someone who comments on their GotW thread? So you have people who are interested and involved as part of the nominations.
8 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
irishman wrote:
The person who is GotW nominates someone who comments on their GotW thread? So you have people who are interested and involved as part of the nominations.

I think that's an excellent idea.

Also, at some point, GOTW threads were locked at the end of the week. I don't know when this stopped, but I'm glad it did. It seemed like a pointless door-slam on a conversation. I'd have nothing against a GOTW thread being an ongoing conversation about a user, where anyone can ask questions whenever they like.

Edit: and I'd propose that old ones get unlocked.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hobden
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
irishman wrote:


What about this as an idea:

The person who is GotW nominates someone who comments on their GotW thread? So you have people who are interested and involved as part of the nominations.

thumbsup
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:

Also, at some point, GOTW threads were locked at the end of the week. I don't know when this stopped, but I'm glad it did. It seemed like a pointless door-slam on a conversation. I'd have nothing against a GOTW thread being an ongoing conversation about a user, where anyone can ask questions whenever they like.

Edit: and I'd propose that old ones get unlocked.

Seconded.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
dysjunct wrote:
irishman wrote:
The person who is GotW nominates someone who comments on their GotW thread? So you have people who are interested and involved as part of the nominations.

I think that's an excellent idea.

Also, at some point, GOTW threads were locked at the end of the week. I don't know when this stopped, but I'm glad it did. It seemed like a pointless door-slam on a conversation. I'd have nothing against a GOTW thread being an ongoing conversation about a user, where anyone can ask questions whenever they like.

Edit: and I'd propose that old ones get unlocked.

Unless this change results in more people asking questions (which it could), I think we'd have trouble as many of the participants in the thread were the same people each week.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
irishman wrote:
The person who is GotW nominates someone who comments on their GotW thread? So you have people who are interested and involved as part of the nominations.

I think that's an excellent idea.

Also, at some point, GOTW threads were locked at the end of the week. I don't know when this stopped, but I'm glad it did. It seemed like a pointless door-slam on a conversation. I'd have nothing against a GOTW thread being an ongoing conversation about a user, where anyone can ask questions whenever they like.

Edit: and I'd propose that old ones get unlocked.
Sadly that is so much manual work that I don't want to do this. I'm all for it, if some other admin feels like spending tons of times unlocking old threads though
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Also sorry to have been absent, real life hit me hard. Things are calming down now. It seems like Steve took the responsibility while I was away though, thank you Steve!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas (he/him)
Germany
Bovenden
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
admin
designer
so many plans...
badge
...not enough time
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
dysjunct wrote:
Edit: and I'd propose that old ones get unlocked.

That's probably around 400 threads to unlock: RPG Geek of the Week
(edit: fewer, but all of them need to be checked...)

If you have a specific thread you want unlocked, you can send me a geekmail. Please include a link to the thread in question.

If enough users want all of them unlocked, I guess I can go through them in bunches. I certainly don't want to do a clicking marathon.
robot

Poll
Unlocking old GOTW threads?
I want to continue discussion in the old threads, please unlock them all.
I think it's good they're locked. Please leave as is.
I don't care either way.
      10 answers
Poll created by jasri
3 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
There should be a new GOTM on Sunday. Sorry, I lost track of what I said I'd do.

We stopped locking around 300 or so and it hasn't caused an issue. I've unlocked nearly all the threads so if you want to ask a question, you can.
9 
 Thumb up
11.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Art Gorski
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Get my Mac and iOS software for Traveller at http://naasirka.weebly.com/
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ack! Thread necromancy!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Abbott
Canada
GTA
of Confusion
flag msg tools
designer
I succumbed to peer pressure and bought OverText, then couldn't think of anything clever to say.
badge
Keep going, you'll find no words of sage advice or solace here.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Better thread than dead.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  |