RPG» Forums » Community » Creative Fodder

Subject: Board Games for 3-5 year olds with NO choking hazards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Callie K
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm looking for board games for my 3.5 year old that don't have any small pieces that his baby brother (1 yr) could fit in his mouth. We are planning to start trying for a 3rd child soon as well, so this will be an ongoing problem.
I prefer cooperative style games, but would like info on any games for this age range that do not have any choking hazards. My 3 yr. old constantly wants to get his games out, but I'd like to find some that I don't have to monitor the two of them playing so closely, because baby still puts EVERYTHING in his mouth.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maynard
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might have better luck posting this on boardgamegeek.com, but I'll recommend Go Go Gelato and Animal Upon Animal. All pieces are big and chunky enough to not be choking hazards for the little one. Also they're make of plastic and wood, so should survive the drool factor
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Gillespie

Sarles
North Dakota
msg tools
Mille Bornes, since it's a straight card game. Or I guess any memory type card game, such as Dinosaur Snap, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bloody Retributor
msg tools
badge
Zimbbos! and First Orchard have not killed my 3.5yo yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Might need to invest in one of those giant, soft, d6, so long at you don't have a dog too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls