The Princes' Kingdom
James Bond 007
Book 06: Deathtrap Dungeon
Ptolus: Monte Cook's City by the Spire
C1: The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
DA3: City of the Gods
Microscope
Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Nova Praxis
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Scarlet Heroes
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Rise of Tiamat
Cthulhu Abides
Storm King's Thunder
The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen (3rd Edition)
The Princess Bride Roleplaying Game
Adventurers League Content Catalog
KULT: Divinity Lost – The Black Madonna
Genesys Core Rulebook
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Powder Mage Roleplaying Game
Legend of the Five Rings RPG: Core Rulebook
Silent Titans
100 Rumours to Hear in Pugmire
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
AMBER Diceless Role-Playing
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
ALIENS Adventure Game
Adam Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Pieces of Fate

Arrh-ha-har-har-yaaaargh-Jimlad! arrrh

If you've ever wanted to hoist the skull and crossbones, swing from the rigging with a dagger in your teeth or unleash a roaring broadside - then this is the game for you.

I'm looking for up to four players for a swashbuckling pirate adventure - set on the Spanish Main during the first golden age of piracy (late 17th century).

The life of a real pirate was, at times, rather brutal and bloodthirsty but tone-wise I'm thinking more Cutthroat Island than Black Sails. There'll be galleons to plunder, taverns to brawl in and Xs marking the spot of adventure.

I'll be running the game in Fate - my favourite system. Fate is easy to learn (I'll guide you through it) and allows a great deal of freedom for creativity - essentially, whatever cool stuff you want your character to do, we can make it work in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Nefertiti Overdrive
High Octane Action in Ancient Egypt!

The Pharaoh Taharqa Needs You!

The Temple of Shesat has been raided! The Agents of Isfet have stolen the Sebayt of Ma'at - a scroll teaching not only how to live correctly in the eyes of the Goddess of Justice, but how to reach her without the need to go to Duat, the Land of the Dead!

You have been sent to recover the scroll before the Agents of Isfet discover the location of Ma'at - for they would like nothing more than to destroy her influence over the world!

You have been called to action for your legendary fighting prowess, your bravery in the face of impossible odds, or your arcane gods-given powers, to recover the scroll any way you can. For more is at stake than you can imagine!

Think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon meets the Kushite Empire. Think Marvel Heroic Roleplaying in the 25th Dynasty. There are lots of dangerous high-action stunts, and while your characters can and will get injured, there is no way for your heroes to die.

If this sounds like the game for you, feel free to sign up! The game can take up to 4 or 5 players!

There are pre-gen characters available or I can walk you through creating your own character.

A copy of the rules is not required to play - I'll provide any information as needed.

Can we start now, please?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Agents of Pharaoh need you!

Come and join the "AP Office"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Whyte
New Zealand
Hamilton
None
flag msg tools
designer
Whoever the five of you are who nominated me for Citizen Recognition I am truly touched
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tempted, but my game from Summer hasn't finished, and what I run usually overruns, and life being absolutely hugely busy this year probably means I shouldn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stoke - Birmingham 0-0
It's not all dragons, space ships, and the undead!

Stoke . . . is a diceless, free-form, real world, narrative role playing game in "the Norwegian style". Players take the role of Norwegian supporters of the English team Stoke City Football Club. Once a year the characters fly over to attend a match in England, between Stoke and another team. This year they have seen Stoke hold Birmingham to a scoreless draw. It was a dull affair. No goals, next to no excitement, nothing much to talk about.

The whole game takes place at a pub after the game. You play out the talk around the table, commenting the match, reminiscing on legendary trips past, talking about the weather, the hotel, domestic affairs, and any details you may contrive to make part of the characters' life.

Do not, under any circumstance, make any interesting remarks!

A game poem for 4 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Orc in the Well
There’s an orc sitting in a well. It can’t get out. The orc looks up at the sky. A bird flies past.

Players take turns telling this orc’s story, from different points of view - internal, external, and the past. The game covers approximately 15 minutes in the orc’s life.

Orc . . . is a game poem, a little game that you can pick up and play with no preparation time, with nothing to get between the players and the game. A game poem generally addresses some specific mood or emotion, or focuses on one particular notion. First and foremost, a game poem is just there to be taken in and experienced with a group of friends for a few moments, and then those moments are over – and hopefully, something small and wonderful is the result.

A game poem for 3 to 6 players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elfbane wrote:
Can we start now, please?

I have two games I'm running that I need to finish (and two more I'm in that I hope will inch a little closer to being done...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmb
nycavri wrote:

There’s an orc sitting in a well. It can’t get out. The orc looks up at the sky. A bird flies past.

Not one but TWO games I think could be wonderful to show new players that RPGs are about more than murderhoboing! Well done you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nycavri wrote:
Stoke - Birmingham 0-0
It's not all dragons, space ships, and the undead!

Stoke . . . is a diceless, free-form, real world, narrative role playing game in "the Norwegian style". Players take the role of Norwegian supporters of the English team Stoke City Football Club. Once a year the characters fly over to attend a match in England, between Stoke and another team. This year they have seen Stoke hold Birmingham to a scoreless draw. It was a dull affair. No goals, next to no excitement, nothing much to talk about.

(...)

As a Norwegian, I almost feel obligated ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alienoïds

It's a big world out there, somebody has to eat it.*

Why not you? As elite fighters and infiltrators of the mighty Alienoid race, you are tasked with descending upon the weird planet of these puny things called humans, and preparing them for becoming tasty snacks for when your hungry brethren arrive. Armed with knowledge and weapons stolen from many other worlds, you should not have trouble subduing the primates...

...If only you were not under orders to hide, since half your forces are busy far from the Sol System.
...If only you understood a single thing of what the humans say, do or make. Or what your weaponsmiths make, for that matter.
...If only those pesky "feelings" things did not creep into your minds.

It's hard being a huge, chitinous space apex predator sometimes.

Will you be able to succeed in your mission, foul the humans, and spot the telltale signs of impending treason from your brethren?

Very rules-light, 2 to 5 players.

* From an Earthling domesticated predator.

Your gm will be
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Knoedler
United States
Boalsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Pitch:

Call of Cthulhu: 6th Edition

That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die - Howard Phillips Lovecraft

You have been called to the hospital deathbed of one Rupert Merriweather, a retired professor at Miskatonic University in Arkham, MA. Each of you know and share a mutual trust with him; be it colleague, former student, family or friend. Rupert holds a dark secret that he must share before he passes. He also must ask you all to undertake a terrible mission to right this old wrong. If you choose to help him, you will travel to the very edge of darkness and peer out into a reality that you never could have experienced in your wildest nightmares!

So who shall risk their sanity and even possibly their lives?

The specifics: This Call of Cthulhu 6th Edition adventure is set in the 1920s in the fictional town of Arkham, Massachusetts (as created by H.P. Lovecraft). The flavor will be very Lovecraftian. By this I mean the investigators (you all) will investigate mysteries full of eldritch horror. If you approach this as a hack and slash or shoot 'em up adventure, things will almost certainly go poorly. As it was explained to me the first time I played Call of Cthulhu with friends: You're not going to kill an elder thing with a pistol. Research and plan for the final encounter and hit 'em where it hurts!

Looking for 4 to 6 players. Experience with RPGs and PbF doesn't matter at all and you don't need to have a firm grip of any rules or buy any rule book. I'll unfold things and slowly expand ability and skill options. Pre-generated character sheet options will be provided if this is your first time playing Call of Cthulhu or any RPG for that matter, but if you'd like to create your own, let me know and we can see about building your dream investigator!

I will be selecting players new to RPGs and the Play by Forum format first and foremost, then filling the ranks with a dice roll of other volunteer players. I ask that whoever my adventurers are, please be able to post at least twice a week (preferably by Tuesday and Saturday but we can talk about the best days for everyone). I will post at a minimum twice a week as well. That way we can see this adventure unfold at a nice even pace with plenty of time for teaching the mechanics and so forth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb

The air is getting thin, and your ears feel fuzzy and cold...

You're not sure how much longer you will be able to breathe now that the glass is cracked. This was just supposed to be a fun treasure hunt with your friends, but after opening that box in your grandfather's study, you ended up in this ship, somehow floating past Jupiter. You can't explain it, but you have to do... something!

To look through the display prompts on the navicomputer, turn to page 132.
To take one last big breath and float into the next room, turn to page 56.
To pick up the nearby crowbar and smash the big window, turn to page 1,110.

To skip the bad ending where everyone dies, CHEAT.

In this game, everyone contributes to a shared Choose Your Own Adventure novella, where players are able to write what happens next and weave the story towards its conclusion. However, each round of play forces everyone closer to one of many inevitable horrible endings which are the hallmarks of these sorts of stories.

One trick up everyone's sleeve? If you're in a bind, just CHEAT and push past to another choice! Whether exploring the Swamps of Misery, the Temple of Impossible Horror, the Starship of Exoda Primus, or some other fantastical locale, we can join together to write a unique story and fudge the details when things get rough!

Easy to play. Collaborative narrative. Write your own story.

CHEAT YOUR OWN ADVENTURE!

This table will be for five players. You don’t need to purchase anything to play!

Related microbadge: mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, maybeee, my tales from the loop game is “thisclose” to wrapping up...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Game suggestion #2
I am leaving myself a choice between Alienoids and this one, depending on which gets the most players upvotes by September.

In Nomine Satanis

- All right, we'll try this once again…
- Yeah thanks, 'cause I'm a bit lost there…
- Bill, you and I are Demons. Demons sworn in to serve Hell.
- Yeah right.
- We are supposed to be hiding among humans to commit Evil. It is not an easy task. We must work together to achieve something. You, me, Carla and Mick, we are a team, see?
- Yep! Just like the World Cup!
- (Sigh) As you like. So, I am your captain.
- OK. Could I be center forward?
- Yes, if you like. So, as your captain, it is my duty to tell you that going to the pub to watch the Cup is not allowed, because it is currently full of low-grade Angels.
- Uh? Why not?
- Because. They. Are. Not. Our. Friends.
- But, but they like our team.
- Yeeees, but it's not the
same team, and being with them is... Guess what it is?
- Evil?
- (Sigh) Yes. No. It's treason.
- Oh.
- Once again. What is our motto?
- FOR THE GLORY OF ZLATAN!
- (Sigh.)

May also be played on the Angel side. Less silly, less free, more powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
Karkared wrote:
Game suggestion #2
I am leaving myself a choice between Alienoids and this one, depending on which gets the most players by September.

In Nomine Satanis

- All right, we'll try this once again…
- Yeah thanks, 'cause I'm a bit lost there…
- Bill, you and I are Demons. Demons sworn in to serve Hell.
- Yeah right.
- We are supposed to be hiding among humans to commit Evil. It is not an easy task. We must work together to achieve something. You, me, Carla and Mick, we are a team, see?
- Yep! Just like the World Cup!
- (Sigh) As you like. So, I am your captain.
- OK. Could I be center forward?
- Yes, if you like. So, as your captain, it is my duty to tell you that going to the pub to watch the Cup is not allowed, because it is currently full of low-grade Angels.
- Uh? Why not?
- Because. They. Are. Not. Our. Friends.
- But, but they like our team.
- Yeeees, but it's not the
same team, and being with them is... Guess what it is?
- Evil?
- (Sigh) Yes. No. It's treason.
- Oh.
- Once again. What is our motto?
- FOR THE GLORY OF ZLATAN!
- (Sigh.)

You'll need to decide which game(s) you want to offer before players sign up. Once the pitches are finalized and posted here they are added to a geeklist which serves as the game menu for the newbs. Players are not allowed to sign up until the Initiative launches and the geeklist of games is posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It will all depend on which gets voted up then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmb
Karkared wrote:
It will all depend on which gets voted up then.

ZLATAN
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The desert rarely gives up her secrets... but the time has come. Shifting sands have revealed the top of an ancient pyramid that has long been buried. This is the opportunity of a lifetime for treasure hunters who have access to this lost structure for the first time in untold generations. But what secrets does this lost pyramid hold? And what dangers will need to be defeated to obtain fame and fortune?

I'm looking for up to 6 brave old-school adventurers as we delve into a short but exciting dungeon adventure. This will be run using the classic Basic Dungeons & Dragons rules (specifically the old Moldvay/Cook BX edition). Rules are simple and will be taught during play - including character creation at the start of the adventure. If you want to see how we role-played back in the day, this is the adventure for you. I've got 36 years of Dungeon Master experience and will bring every bit of it to bear for your enjoyment.

Grab your backpack, light your torch... it's time to party like it's 1981! Who is IN?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DicingWithDearth wrote:
Hi, I'm fairly new to pbf - but I have been GMing Fate face-to-face for a while and would be really interested to give this a go.

It would be a swashbuckling pirate game for up to four scurvy seadogs.

I've struggled horribly with Fate - I'll be watching for tips!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Placeholder for my pitch.

Easiest would be Traveller but I'm thinking about an OSR dungeon crawl possibly using a system with free online rules. Or a hex crawl based in the Midderlands (I'd hyperlink but the geek link box is disappearing behind the editor).

Change in plan - I will be running a 0 level DCC funnel.

Well 2018 has turned out to be my Annus Horribilis (not Anus Horribilis as one co-worker called it). I hope everyone's games go well and I'm sorry to bail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I intend to run Vagabonds of Dyfed.

Vagabonds is a merging of OSR and PbtA game mechanics. It means you get a bit of both, a bit of old fashioned dungeon delving and a bit character driven openness. It is easy to learn and fun to play.

One of the strengths of Vagabonds is that it can easily use most published material for Dungeons and Dragons. I find it perfectfor running my old fourth edition stuff.

I'm going to run H2: Thunderspire Labyrinth. There are several adventures to be found in it. We can begin with one, and if it works out, we can continue with more.

Blurb:

Beneath Thunderspire Mountain lies a sprawling network of mazes, tombs, and caverns collectively known as the Labyrinth. In recent years, this vast labyrinth has become a living dungeon where trade between the surface and subterranean worlds is possible. However, beyond the well-lit halls where prospectors, merchants, and traders convene lies a darker world where adventurers battle monsters and fiendish beings perform secret rituals for their dark masters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Sounds great, Karl!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
I am working on my pitch, but I will be running an 8 player 5e D&D game in the feel of a funhouse dungeon.

Still working on this, need to decide a couple key points that will change the pitch.

But I'm chugging away on the dungeon design itself!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
downeymb wrote:
I am working on my pitch, but I will be running an 8 player 5e D&D game in the feel of a funhouse dungeon.

Still working on this, need to decide a couple key points that will change the pitch.

But I'm chugging away on the dungeon design itself!

Go, Matt, go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
taen wrote:
If I have time to prepare, I think I may finally run my Fengshui game. Otherwise, I'll run a D&D table.

Will post my game pitch later.

I was reminiscing the games I'd played, and one of the most enjoyable was AFMBE.

I might actually run it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.