The Princes' Kingdom
James Bond 007
Book 06: Deathtrap Dungeon
Ptolus: Monte Cook's City by the Spire
C1: The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan
DA3: City of the Gods
Microscope
Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorer's Edition
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Nova Praxis
Lords of Gossamer & Shadow
Scarlet Heroes
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Rise of Tiamat
Cthulhu Abides
Storm King's Thunder
The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen (3rd Edition)
The Princess Bride Roleplaying Game
Adventurers League Content Catalog
KULT: Divinity Lost – The Black Madonna
Genesys Core Rulebook
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
The Powder Mage Roleplaying Game
Legend of the Five Rings RPG: Core Rulebook
Silent Titans
100 Rumours to Hear in Pugmire
Dungeon Masters Guide (AD&D 1e)
AMBER Diceless Role-Playing
Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
ALIENS Adventure Game
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
Calling all Game Masters, it's Initiative time!

AGAIN!

In January of this year we launched another New Player Initiative and it was a great success. Demand is strong enough that we're going to do it again!

The Fall Initiative will launch on September 1st.

But, first things first!

We need GMs to run the games!

Before we can cast our nets into the sea of potential players, we need a selection of games with GMs to run them. If you would like to get involved as one of those GMs, please consider the following:

1. Hopefully, at least a few of the players in your game will be new, possibly having no prior RPG experience whatsoever. You must be willing to teach them the rules of the game without requiring them to purchase any materials or read any complicated or lengthy rules text. You might want to consider offering pre-generated, ready to play characters.

2. As we all know, PbF games can be quite lengthy. You should focus on running a short game so that the commitment level is within reason. Something that would make for a great one-shot, single session, at the table will end up taking three or four months of dedicated PbF play, possibly more! Please limit your games to that size and remember that shorter and quicker is the goal here. Again, you might want to consider offering pre-generated characters to save time.

3. Make sure that you don't overcommit yourself! It's easy to get amped up and set out to run multiple games at once. Be 100% sure that you can see it through on each and every game that you offer. Running one great game to conclusion is better than offering three games and having one or more suffer from lack of time, or even having to cut one short.

4. Players who have never played PbF here on RPGG will have first crack at the games on offer. Do not reserve spots in your game. When the game menu is posted, each new player should have an equal chance at getting into the game that interests them.

4.You'll need to post an elevator pitch, in this thread, to advertise your game. When we are ready to launch the initiative, I will gather them up and add them to a geeklist which will serve as the "menu" for potential players. We will aim to bring in new players from BGG and VGG, as well as coaxing forth some of the lurkers here at RPGG.

To see what your elevator pitch should look like, check out this geeklist from the 2014 Initiative. Including a logo, some cool pics, and links to items in the database are all good things!

Post your pitch here, in this thread. You'll be able to edit your entry up until September 1st 2018, when I post the geeklist of games being offered. When your entry is finalized please let me know, in this thread, with a follow-up post!

mb All GMs, as well as the players, will receive this commemorative microbadge, designed by our very own indigopotter.

Okay GMs, the call is out, will you answer?

New to PbF GMs are welcome to sign up as a GM! If that's you, also look into the GM Initiative so you can nab the microbadge for that as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Fall Edition - New Player Initiative 2018 - Call for GMs!
Sign me up

I'll run another parent and child(ren) game of Tales of the Village.

I may also do something else too. Not sure what else yet though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain Curato
France
Albi
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking of offering up one of my favorite french games (translated to english and possibly set in a more RPGG-friendly background).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First time GM*, occasional player.

I'm thinking I might be able to commit to running a short and strange play of Stoke - Birmingham 0-0. Will reread the rules and confirm that I can make this work in a forum before posting my pitch . . .

Digging back in my files, I think The Orc in the Well might also work.

* Seems I completely forgot about a Microscope PBF I ran a couple of years ago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmb
I'll do something for the Stragglers again, starting October 15 or so... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Hopkins
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
"The Geek Die Roller Really Hates Me!"
badge
We're on an express elevator to hell; going down!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never GM'ed on geek before But would try a Pathfinder adventure if we have any takers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
Krazyman Karg wrote:
I've never GM'ed on geek before But would try a Pathfinder adventure if we have any takers.

D&D/Pathfinder have a pretty good track record of filling up. Start working on that pitch! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have time to prepare, I think I may finally run my Fengshui game. Otherwise, I'll run a D&D table.

Will post my game pitch later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Unwin
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll run a game of 4th Edition D&D. I prefer to play very collaborative games these days, so the players themselves will be coming up with many of the details, based on answers to my leading questions. That said, the game will definitely involve moving through a dungeon and dealing with a dragon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am working on my pitch, but I will be running an 8 player 5e D&D game in the feel of a funhouse dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
My game is still not finished.... I’ll think about a fall game but no promises.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh man, would love to run some Starfinder, but I'm away 3 out of 4 weeks this September *sigh* Maybe next year!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gawain wrote:
Oh man, would love to run some Starfinder, but I'm away 3 out of 4 weeks this September *sigh* Maybe next year!

Do what Felix is doing!

Againsto wrote:
I'll do something for the Stragglers again, starting October 15 or so... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmb
The Stragglers game from last year has really worked well. They are still playing, all six of them, and they were really happy that there was a game open when they heard about the initiative and all other games had long filled up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
Gawain wrote:

Do what Felix is doing!

Againsto wrote:
I'll do something for the Stragglers again, starting October 15 or so... :whistle:

Cool! Will definitely consider it. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
99.99% sure I'm in, schedule permitting. Just need to think of what to run...

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Cimbaljević
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will go with 5E or Dungeon World.
Torturing Guiding new players would also help me learn.

Quote:

Dungeon World is a world of fantastic adventure. A world of magic, gods, demons, Good and Evil. Brave heroes venture into the most dangerous corners of the land in search of gold and glory. Intelligent scholars sacrifice everything to grow as they try and tame wild magic.
Those could be you.
You go where others can't or won't. You conquer the unbeatable and laugh in the face of Death, or it laughs in your face. But you always learn from your mistakes.

The system is modern and that means few rules, snappy action and a story without downtime or dull moments.
Character creation is easy and quick. Choose a race class combo, write down cool abilities you have, and that is about it.
You have bonds with other characters so roleplay is also easy and you have a guide how your character would act.

We will not have a prepared setting or adventure, so at the start of the game I will ask questions and together we will create the world, but your characters, your actions, your rolls will give it shape.
As the rules are structured things will happen fast.

I'm looking for 4-5 brave adventurers.
You don't need to learn many rules, but you must be willing to commit to a posting frequency of at least once per (week)day.

Your GM will be:
Nikola Cimbaljević
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game is still running and just as we are hitting the end I have two players who've gone dark for a while... angry

Anywho, I doubt I'll be in the fall run but a lot depends on my work situation. Speaking of which, I better get back to it...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I'm fairly new to pbf - but I have been GMing Fate face-to-face for a while and would be really interested to give this a go.

It would be a swashbuckling pirate game for up to four scurvy seadogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
DicingWithDearth wrote:
Hi, I'm fairly new to pbf - but I have been GMing Fate face-to-face for a while and would be really interested to give this a go.

It would be a swashbuckling pirate game for up to four scurvy seadogs.

sounds grrrrreat!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be happy to run Cheat Your Own Adventure again. I don't have time for anything much more substantial. I'm keen to know if there are other light games for similar consideration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
I would be happy to run Cheat Your Own Adventure again. I don't have time for anything much more substantial. I'm keen to know if there are other light games for similar consideration.

I am sure there will be other light games, those make great PBFs!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Bernazzani
United States
Plainville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I wish to provide legendary service to the RPG community to help grow our hobby and enrich the lives of gamers everywhere.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sign me up for a short Basic Dungeons & Dragons (specifically the old Moldvay/Cook BX edition) adventure.

Time to party like it's 1981! My pitch is gonna be like... BOOM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
wavemotion wrote:
Sign me up for a short Basic Dungeons & Dragons (specifically the old Moldvay/Cook BX edition) adventure.

Time to party like it's 1981! My pitch is gonna be like... BOOM!

Sweet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nefertiti Overdrive
High Octane Action in Ancient Egypt!

The Pharaoh Taharqa Needs You!

The Temple of Shesat has been raided! The Agents of Isfet have stolen the Sebayt of Ma'at - a scroll teaching not only how to live correctly in the eyes of the Goddess of Justice, but how to reach her without the need to go to Duat, the Land of the Dead!

You have been sent to recover the scroll before the Agents of Isfet discover the location of Ma'at - for they would like nothing more than to destroy her influence over the world!

You have been called to action for your legendary fighting prowess, your bravery in the face of impossible odds, or your arcane gods-given powers, to recover the scroll any way you can. For more is at stake than you can imagine!

Think Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon meets the Kushite Empire. Think Marvel Heroic Roleplaying in the 25th Dynasty. There are lots of dangerous high-action stunts, and while your characters can and will get injured, there is no way for your heroes to die.

If this sounds like the game for you, feel free to sign up! The game can take up to 4 or 5 players!

There are pre-gen characters available or I can walk you through creating your own character.

A copy of the rules is not required to play - I'll provide any information as needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.