D&D Essentials Kit
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Dusk City Outlaws Core Game
We Be Heroes?
Mythic D6 Quick Start
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Dungeon Crawl Classics Quick Start Rules & Intro Adventure (Free RPG Day 2019)
ALIEN Cinematic Starter Kit
Scarlet Heroes
The Clay That Woke
Breachworld
Kids on Bikes
Skitter Crash
The Witcher: Easy Mode
Land of Myth: Age of Palaces
The Feast of the Dead
Acquisitions Incorporated
The New Easy-to-Master Dungeons & Dragons Game
The Great Pendragon Campaign
City State of the Invincible Overlord
The Quiet Year
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The GameMaster's Apprentice
The Skeletons
Cepheus Engine System Reference Document
Dialect: A Game About Language And How It Dies
The Black Hack Character Sheets (2nd Edition)
Modern AGE Quickstart - Threefold
Animal Adventures: Tales of Dungeons & Doggies: Raiders of the Lost Bark
Shadowrun: Sixth World Beginner Box
Tales of the Old Margreve (5E)
The Quintessential Fighter
Mount Gundabad
Thieves of Tharbad
Star Wars: Invasion of Theed Adventure Game
Monster Manual (D&D 3.5e)
B2: The Keep on the Borderlands
L1: The Secret of Bone Hill
Book 05: City of Thieves
SLA Industries (1st Edition)
Burros & Bandidos
Dungeons & Dragons Set 3: Companion Rules
Delta Green
Warlords of the Desert
GURPS Atomic Horror
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (Second Edition)
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
545 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: 2018 PbF New Player Initiative - Call for GMs! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie-Initiative [+] Fiasco [+] 2018_PbF_Newbie_Initiative [+] [View All]
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
USP45 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
Lexicon

One of my favorite PbF experiences here was with this game!

It's like a drug, I to play Lexicon at least once a year.

Sobriquet wrote:
I'm keen to try that game if Caroline's tables aren't filled exclusively with new PbF users.

Just looks awesome.

Aw, thanks! If you are interested here's how it played out the last time I ran Lexicon: Mountweazel Madness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
USP45 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
Lexicon

Sobriquet wrote:
I'm keen to try that game if Caroline's tables aren't filled exclusively with new PbF users.

Just looks awesome.

Aw, thanks! If you are interested here's how it played out the last time I ran Lexicon: Mountweazel Madness

Here to add more love for Lexicon! It's a fun and unique game which is ideal for PbF. Definitely worth trying out at least once if you get the chance.

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pitch (finally) added! I am way too excited for this and it's not helping that reading all the other pitches is making me wish I was a new player again laugh

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kezle wrote:
reading all the other pitches is making me wish I was a new player again

I know right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jethreal wrote:
Kezle wrote:

I know right?

Open a new account? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Please have your pitches finalized by Friday the 26th. I'll get everything setup next weekend.

Please make sure that you have included an exact number of maximum players in your pitch and that the players will not be required to purchase anything in order to participate.

Big thanks to everyone who is running a game. Without you fine folks this couldn't happen. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sobriquet wrote:
Jethreal wrote:
Kezle wrote:

I know right?

Open a new account? whistle

Can’t say I didn’t think of it lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Elfbane wrote:
I'm thinking of running a Star Trek Adventures game, or maybe a Star Wars (WEG 2nd Edition) game. I'm still learning the STA rules, and would need to re-read the Star Wars (WEG) rules...

I'd like to do this but not sure about the time commitment.

I plan on running one or two games myself, but we're currently only at about 15 games to offer. That's less than half of what have had to offer in the past.

If you haven't signed up to run a game, but are considering it, please do so if you can keep up the commitment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
USP45 wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
Lexicon

I feel like this is not how drugs work.

It's more like ... thanksgiving dinner? Renewing my professional insurance? Clipping my tonails?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:

Elfbane wrote:
I'm thinking of running a Star Trek Adventures game, or maybe a Star Wars (WEG 2nd Edition) game. I'm still learning the STA rules, and would need to re-read the Star Wars (WEG) rules...

I plan on running one or two games myself, but we're currently only at about 15 games to offer. That's less than half of what have had to offer in the past.

If you haven't signed up to run a game, but are considering it, please do so if you can keep up the commitment!

!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
For your final push you might announce this in pbf forum and get it pinned in the red section of the mainpage. It's floating around in the general discussion area that not everyone looks at on the regular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, I might run another table of 5th edition D&D.

Although I did just discover a Titansgrave one shot...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:

Elfbane wrote:

Sadly, things are too much in flux right now for me to commit, unless I change my mind...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
The Uncanny X-Men in
The Maze of The Blue Medusa

O serpent heart hid with a flowering face...
What have you done with the X-Men?!?!

Catastophe! Our heroes need help!

While investigating a suspicious art gallery in the Bronx, the X-Men were captured by the powerful mutant known only as The Blue Medusa*. Storm, Gambit, Shadowcat and the others are currently being held prisoner in Medusa's transdimensional labyrinth with no hope of escape! What's more, the other X-Teams stuck fighting Nimrod in an unstable time-loop. With no time to lose, Professor Xavier must recruit a new group of mutants to rescue his pupils from The Blue Medusa's lair. Do you have what it takes? Will you accept the Professor's invitation? Calling all Children of the Atom! Be the good you want to see in the world! Join the X-Men today!

This is a game for up to six players who will take on the role of teenage mutant super-heroes in order to explore the Maze of The Blue Medusa and rescue the captive X-Men. No prior experience with RPGs or the Marvel Universe is necessary. We are forming a new team with a fate yet written and who will have to make their own way through The Labyrinth.

Character creation will involve coming up with a concept for your hero or rolling randomly to determine the mutations that make you Homo Superior. Once we have our mutants created we will be ready to roll. Pun Intended!

We will be using the Mutant Future rules with some alterations. These rules are free and you should probably download a copy. You do not need to read the book cover to cover; it will serve as a reference for the most part.

You will need to post once a day during the work week, with weekends and holidays excepted. This helps keep the momentum of the game.

The Maze of the Blue Medusa is a recently published adventure/setting. It has plenty of action and interaction with strange persons from realms unknown. I will be modifying the adventure to fit our theme and universe, but you can otherwise expect it to be run as written. I am aiming for a Claremont era X-Book (not too brooding, PG-13) but am very happy to entertain any character ideas. Traditionally, the X-Men have been an international team, so consider picking a nationality you are interested in learning about to help inject some color into the game.

Calling all heroes!

...of course, Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters will be providing these brave kids with some spiffy new uniforms: mb

*Last Ish. - RC
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Limited Access - Wellycon XI - Back 5th June 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:

Woot!

Excelsior!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john Whyte
New Zealand
Hamilton
None
flag msg tools
designer
Whoever the five of you are who nominated me for Citizen Recognition I am truly touched
mbmbmbmbmb
Travel to Dunnsmouth!
It probably won't kill you

Dunnsmouth is a sleepy village in the middle of nowhere. It's so far out of the way Church bureaucracy has outsourced the collection of tithes. For a measly 500 silver pieces you and your companions have purchased the deed to the village's debt, currently book value 12,000 silver pieces (excluding collection costs). Not only do you stand to make a killing there are rumours of a powerful artifact able to stop time somewhere in the region. This venture could set you up for life and give you the time to make your dreams come true.

Or it could end in disaster.

This adventure will be run using the D&D 5th ed rules. Most of the rules can be found for free here. I will provide pregenerated 2nd level characters.
This adventure has a strong horror vibe and I have a sense of humour. The tone will probably resemble some terrible 80s movie. Despite this there is the possibility everyone will die horribly.

<Picture may or may not be representable of anything actually encountered >
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmb

Publisher Blurb wrote:
Home is a story roleplaying game about soldiers in a fantasy world returning home from a long and costly war. Being on the losing side of the war, the characters must overcome adversity, national tension, and a lack of resources as they navigate the roads and wilderness. With only a few coins in their pockets, their long trek home begins.

The Protocol game series uses vignettes, interrogations, interludes, and ensembles to tell a story. Each story explores disparate characters dealing with adversity and isolation in a dramatic fashion.

Home is a zero-prep game for 3 or more players. The game length is exponentially long, so games with more players take more time to complete. Home requires a deck of poker cards as well as tokens to track drama points.

Three players are invited to join this journey home. Playing without a GM, and without dice (but with a virtual deck of cards) the Protocol Game Series engine allows "stripping away all pretense and getting to the heart of storytelling" (!). This will not be a tactical exercise of risk management. Au contraire: Join if you would like to develop a collaborative exploration through vignettes, interrogations, interludes, and ensemble scenes, and find out what really happened on the journey HOME.

• [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmb
Dammit I joined again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmayDET wrote:

I want to run the Titansgrave one shot, but it doesn't look like there are any free Fantasy AGE rules to share. Is it bad form to run a game where the rules aren't available for free? Or can I just teach from my copy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if you can run the game, without having to copy paste sections out of the rules, then you're fabulous. I'd liken it to playing in person where your players might make use of resources you as the GM have that they don't.

Especially in playing with people new to the system or new to rpgs is concerned. There is a time to enforce buying materials, exposing new players isn't it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
jmayDET wrote:
jmayDET wrote:

I want to run the Titansgrave one shot, but it doesn't look like there are any free Fantasy AGE rules to share. Is it bad form to run a game where the rules aren't available for free? Or can I just teach from my copy?

You shouldn't ask your players to purchase anything, but there's no reason why you can't teach them the game if you have the rules! Just don't copy swaths of text from anything that isn't available for free. Paraphrasing is okay, of course. I've done just that many times with no issue.

Lastly, for you and anyone who has already signed up to run a game, please don't feel obligated to run more games! The second push for GMs was only targeted at those who had not already signed up to run a game. But, if you can handle the extra time commitment, go for it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
Againsto wrote:
Dammit I joined again.

This? Is a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cagey McCageface
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, yeah, def don't want to require a purchase! I'll get the pitch put together before the end of the week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.rpggeek.com/thread/1925061/recruiting-blue-rose-...

I just opened a recruiting call for Blue Rose 2nd Edition. This is going to be an all Rhydan game, so everyone in the party will be a psychic animal of some type. I need at least one wolf, but the rest of the players can pick from a list of animal types that fit into the world and game as it plays out.

It is going to be a game that involves some secret information and lots of
Spoiler (click to reveal)
spoiler boxes.
Should be a fun time.

I've been a PbF GM and player in the past. So this should be fun.

I like new players and questions. At our weekly Adventure League I'm the default pre-session teacher. I have no problem bringing those question-answering skills to PbF and Blue Rose. This should be fun.

If you have new players, send them my way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.