The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Acquisitions Incorporated
The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)
The Expanse Roleplaying Game
Shadows Over Stillwater
In The Labyrinth
Keeper Rulebook
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
The Dark Side Sourcebook
Nocturnum: Master Collection
The Magic Encyclopedia (Volume One)
Dungeon Master's Guide (D&D 5e)
The Sprawl
Fear's Sharp Little Needles
Tales from the Loop
Graphic Novel Adventures: Your Town
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Strange Adventures!: The House on Poplar Court
A Carcosa Fringe Festival
Reign
S1: Tomb of Horrors
Exalted Rulebook
Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game: Beginner Box
Adventurer Conqueror King System
All Flesh Must Be Eaten (1st Edition)
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Dungeon World Roleplaying Game
Fate Core System
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Monster Manual (D&D 5e)
Barbarians of Lemuria: Mythic Edition
KULT: Divinity Lost
The Star Chamber
Veins of the Earth
Genesys Core Rulebook
Down Darker Trails
Reign of Terror
Kids on Bikes
Mothership Player's Survival Guide
Dead Planet
Hideous Creatures
Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
D&D Essentials Kit
Symbaroum Quick Start
Monday Mutants 3: Skayl
Roll With It! Pirates
The Little Astralnaut
A Doom To Speak: The Ravines of Karn
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
545 Posts
[1]  Prev «  18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22  Next »  [22] | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: 2018 PbF New Player Initiative - Call for GMs! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie-Initiative [+] Fiasco [+] 2018_PbF_Newbie_Initiative [+] [View All]
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jethreal wrote:
at a glance I can tell who is talking/doing rather than cross referencing a player name to a character name, or trying to remember if "Bill" is the half-orc, or the cyborg, or the pink floating spirit of doom.

This is DEFINITELY one of its best aspects, especially when playing so many PBF games. Sometimes with the same people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe D
United States
Detroit
Michigan
flag msg tools
Its will alone snuffs out the stars and its shadow ends realities
badge
The end is just the beginning...
mbmbmbmbmb
Jethreal wrote:
I thoroughly love banners, mostly because I'm a visually oriented person and at a glance I can tell who is talking/doing rather than cross referencing a player name to a character name, or trying to remember if "Bill" is the half-orc, or the cyborg, or the pink floating spirit of doom.

So I like banners more for how it helps me see & remember other players than anything it really does about my own.

I see them like a snapshot, capturing the essence of the character, as they were when the banner was made. Sometimes the character out grows them, which is awesome!

Totally agree with Jeff! It certainly helps with quick recognition of which character is which . That plus the cool inspirational art is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
I am looking for one more X-Man for my Blue Medusa mash up. Our 4 new players are still very interested but could use another veteran dungeoneer to steer them to victory.

We have had two great players drop very interesting characters. Ego, a cowardly pre-cog martial artist and Ghostclaw, an Inuit(?) Shape-Shifter with some anger control issues. I would also be happy to insert a new X-Man if that is more appealing.

I wanted to post here first to get some experienced players and because some people had expressed interest when I started the game.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:
I am looking for one more X-Man for my Blue Medusa mash up. Our 4 new players are still very interested but could use another veteran dungeoneer to steer them to victory.

We have had two great players drop very interesting characters. Ego, a cowardly pre-cog martial artist and Ghostclaw, an Inuit(?) Shape-Shifter with some anger control issues. I would also be happy to insert a new X-Man if that is more appealing.

I wanted to post here first to get some experienced players and because some people had expressed interest when I started the game.

Thanks!

Might be interested but I'm not familiar with the system. Can you post a link to the IC thread and the character sheets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
https://rpggeek.com/thread/1933706/uncanny-x-men-vs-blue-med...

everything should be linked at the top
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
Both my tables are officially completed.

Although my first table ended up being slower, they seem more enthusiastic and at least half of them want to continue the adventure. I'm thinking to go sandbox style or look for another adventure module to go with.

If the latter, does anyone have a good short mini d&d adventure to recommend? Homebrew works too and I'll be willing to test out a game for you or co-DM it. If it comes with ogres, that's a plus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
my tables still going but we've slowed a lot. I think it might be because we're really close to the last encounter, they are maybe dragging it out a bit?

I've noticed I have 2 primary types of players, about half are very active when searching for clues, talking to npcs, the other half become more engaged when it's time to Do something, fight, take a risk, etc. Very interesting to see the dynamic so strongly separated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
taen wrote:
...does anyone have a good short mini d&d adventure to recommend?

DDAL06-01: A Thousand Tiny Deaths remains my favorite.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
..does anyone have a good short mini d&d adventure to recommend?

on top of what Jim says On the DM's Guild anything by MT Black, also Jeff C Stevens. Personal note, I am a personal friend of Jeff's, but I like his adventures, often single-two sittings, which a nice length for PbF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my games has officially completed!

The other two are approaching the end, though one is moving at a very slow pace (which suits me fine, but I'm not sure how many others are still following along).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmb
My two Protocol games are officially over now. One was more focused than the other, more personal in a way, too, but to me both were a great example of successful GM-less RPGs.
(I am on the record for not liking Fiasco; Protocol does earnestness so much better, I'm finding.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Way to go! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So is it time to start planning our Fall initiative? I think we had talked about doing another one in September, right? Because if so, I've got a really wacky idea for a 5e game in the feel of the traditional Fun House Dungeon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
So is it time to start planning our Fall initiative? I think we had talked about doing another one in September, right?

Probably, yes. September 1st for a launch date maybe? That should allow plenty of time for GMs to wrap up any games still running from the spring initiative and come up with their next offering. We certainly had a great turnout, so I think it is worth doing another this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My game has run a bit slower than I imagined but I think we are getting close to completion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both of mine still running should end in early July, if they don't end this week...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
We're SO CLOSE to being done! My players are literally on the other side of the door to their final encounter, then we wrap up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Larsson
Norway
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
We are done too. We lost three players, which is a first for me. The rest of them got us through masterfully.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
So is it time to start planning our Fall initiative?

Let's do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Cimbaljević
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My players are in the middle as they wanted to rule the island we are on and who am I to say no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cimbaman wrote:
My players are in the middle as they wanted to rule the island we are on and who am I to say no

Your game may not be finished by September, but it will certainly have been successful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mulligans wrote:
downeymb wrote:
So is it time to start planning our Fall initiative? I think we had talked about doing another one in September, right?

Probably, yes. September 1st for a launch date maybe? That should allow plenty of time for GMs to wrap up any games still running from the spring initiative and come up with their next offering. We certainly had a great turnout, so I think it is worth doing another this year.

YAAAASSSSSSSS.

I've already started prepping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have so many I potentially want to run!

Do I go with:

Nefertiti Overdrive?
Polaris: Chivalric Tragedy at Utmost North?
The Word for the World is...?

Or do I run something that I know has worked in the past?

Either way, I'm not going to run nearly as many tables as I did at the start of the year! I think I'll just do one or two, and if two, one will be a very short game, such as Atop a Lonely Tower.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

I'll start up a new "Call for GMs" thread soon.
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  18 , 19 , 20 , 21 , 22  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.