Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
545 Posts
[1]  Prev «  16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20  Next »  [22] | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: 2018 PbF New Player Initiative - Call for GMs! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie-Initiative [+] Fiasco [+] 2018_PbF_Newbie_Initiative [+] [View All]
Richard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I woke up in Escher's World today...
mbmbmbmbmb
I’ve had a player drop out - just stopped posting, didn’t respond to attempts to contact him. I offered the other 3 the option of carrying on without the fourth character, or bringing in a replacement, which they opted to do.

Two of the people who’d originally expressed interest after we’d already filled up had been following along with the game, so one of them has stepped in, and that’s helped give a new burst of life.

They’re still wondering what’s behind the recent problems with the dead rising. Things are about to get clearer - and not necessarily in a good way for them... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmbmbmb

The fog is thick. Hell hounds are everywhere. The PCs are currently about to fight a pair of hounds that interrupted their looting of a warehouse by the docks.

Some players are way more present than others, but everyone has kept posting and they are nearing completion...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've two tables of the same game.

The first table started off really fast, but slowed down slightly, and is close to the end now.

The second table has finished the game. I had even just written an epilogue for that.

All of the players in both tables are awesome, posting regularly and playing with zest.

Again, how lucky can I get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We are finishing the final scene for Act II, and then comes the glory of the Aftermath. I can't wait for all the suffering.

Wow, I've forgotten how much fun Fiasco is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it mean to be nice?

Technically, a PC would have died in one of my tables. But I didn't want anyone sitting out the rest of the adventure in their FIRST game, so I let it pass.

I mean, is it mean to be nice, because after this if the players get hooked and hop onto other games in RPGG and discover that some DMs/GMs are just plain evil and their PCs getting so easily killed, they realise that they had been hoodwinked by nice old me to get them hooked onto PbFs...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Get them to play Tales from the Loop, I’m not allowed to kill players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Nguyen
United States
Chantilly
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy
mbmbmbmbmb
Jethreal wrote:
birds begin to stream into the home... This should get them moving again.

Angry Birds!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
My two little witches are chasing after some MonChees (mischievous monkeys that are more intelligent than your usual brand!) because they stole an idol that is needed for the feast to go ahead. Or did they?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gentle Ladies' Tea and Monstrosity Destroying & Quilting Circle Auxiliary game is going swimmingly! We have adjourned out to the gazebo, where a trio of sinister "ladies" are menacing the garden party with their unnatural control of meteors!

My first table of Lexicon is on the final round. Too soon it will be over *tear*. The game has gotten progressively more gonzo as it went on, and we are now in a somewhat crazy time-loop situation! I imagine we'll be done within a week, perhaps two, if we go back in fill in the "unknown" translations.

My second table of Lexicon is over half done, for it moves a bit slower than the first table, and it is still gloriously crazy.

All my tables have lost one player from the start of the initiative (and the second Lexicon table lost two) but we are moving forward just fine even without those extras. I do plan for players dropping out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first Protocol game ("Home") is about to end, and it's been very intense! I quite enjoy it; about 200 posts (including some OOC stuff) and the story is told.

The second one ("The Doom King") is at about mid-point, and things are developing in all sorts of different ways. I am liking this much better than Fiasco, to my great relief, so I finally have a go-to GM-less game system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Fiasco game is juuuust about over. This past week was a tad bit slow, but we will wrap up Act II today, then roll for the Aftermath and cruise through that. I suspect we will be done by the end of the week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woohoo! So many games approaching a successful conclusion!

Againsto wrote:
The first Protocol game ("Home") is about to end, and it's been very intense! I quite enjoy it; about 200 posts (including some OOC stuff) and the story is told.

The second one ("The Doom King") is at about mid-point, and things are developing in all sorts of different ways. I am liking this much better than Fiasco, to my great relief, so I finally have a go-to GM-less game system.
It's making me feel much better about impulse backing the kickstarter after only a few days of play laugh

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I just started the THIRD 5e module for my table—they all love it, and don’t want to stop. Lasers & Feelings, however, stalled almost a week ago and went silent. I’m not really sure why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
We’re still moving along quite nicely, my players have the clues to get to 3 more places and I’m waiting to see where they go next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have still managed to somehow not play Fiasco, loving the protocol game.

My MOTW game is in the final phase and we will finish within a week. All three want a second game, so I am happy about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
Konstanz
flag msg tools
designer
Pomboo. Si samaki, si mnyama. Si mzee, si kijana.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guyfumble wrote:
I have still managed to somehow not play Fiasco, loving the protocol game.

My MOTW game is in the final phase and we will finish within a week. All three want a second game, so I am happy about that.

Whoah, that's great news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. B. Downey
United States
Suitland
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
My Fiasco game is juuuust about over. This past week was a tad bit slow, but we will wrap up Act II today, then roll for the Aftermath and cruise through that. I suspect we will be done by the end of the week!

And we finished! Everyone had so much fun that we will be starting another game with a different playset in a couple weeks! PBF Initiative: successful!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jealous! But at least the game is moving again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmbmbmb
downeymb wrote:
downeymb wrote:

And we finished! Everyone had so much fun that we will be starting another game with a different playset in a couple weeks! PBF Initiative: successful!

Woot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmbmbmb

My new player game just completed today! All the players said they enjoyed it and at least one of them has already started playing other PbF games here. Recruited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's awesome! I think my Lasers & Feelings game is officially dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
we dipped into a pretty serious lull but I think we're on the way back again now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Chapman
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Anyway, how's your sex life?
badge
"She said the same thing about waffles."
mbmbmbmbmb
After two combats, my game is on its first social encounter!

And I just signed up as a player for another one. Excited!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Maynard
United States
Clawson
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy AGE/Titansgrave just wrapped up yesterday.

It was fun to try a new system and everyone enjoyed themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
One Lexicon game is three posts away from being completed. The other I thought was dead, but then someone posted again!

My The Gentle Ladies' Tea and Monstrosity Destroying & Quilting Circle Auxiliary game is going along beautifully. Lots of fun with that one! And they still haven't yet confronted the bear.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  16 , 17 , 18 , 19 , 20  Next »  [22] |