The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Legacy of Dragonholt
Strange Adventures!: The House on Poplar Court
In The Labyrinth
Acquisitions Incorporated
The Burning Wheel Fantasy Roleplaying System (Gold)
The Fantasy Trip: Legacy Edition
Shadows Over Stillwater
The Expanse Roleplaying Game
Dungeon Crawl Classics Quick Start Rules & Intro Adventure (Free RPG Day 2019)
D&D Essentials Kit
Touched Prime
Mythic Game Master Emulator
Breachworld
The Star Chamber
Genesys Core Rulebook
Kids on Bikes
Parsely
Hideous Creatures
Stranger Things Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Ghosts of Saltmarsh
Tales of the Old Margreve (5E)
The Black Hack Box Set (2nd Edition)
Invisible Hands
The Cult of the Drunken God
Burros & Bandidos
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook
Dungeons & Dragons Starter Set
Player's Handbook (D&D 5e)
Barbarians of Lemuria: Mythic Edition
Mini Quest: The Curse of Widow's Cape
Ten Candles
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (4th Edition)
Scum and Villainy
Beneath the Temple of Edea
The Asphodel Complex: Adventure One
Age of Aenarohk
Reign
Book 05: City of Thieves
S1: Tomb of Horrors
Universalis (Revised Edition)
Advanced Melee
TIMEMASTER: Adventures in the 4th Dimension
Champions 4th Edition
Timeship
Adventurers Club (Issue 11 - Fall 1987)
Game Master's Toolkit
Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game
Numenera
SteamCraft
Ryuutama: Natural Fantasy Role Play
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
545 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: 2018 PbF New Player Initiative - Call for GMs! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie-Initiative [+] Fiasco [+] 2018_PbF_Newbie_Initiative [+] [View All]
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb

Calling all Game Masters, it's Initiative time!

Last year we saw yet another uptick in Play by Forum games, having nearly 300 games start right here on RPGG. That's more games than ever! We have more GMs and players calling this their RPG home on the interwebs.

Now is time to continue our great tradition of inviting new people to discover what makes Play by Forum RPGs such great fun.

But, first things first!

We need GMs to run the games!

Before we can cast our nets into the sea of potential players, we need a selection of games with GMs to run them. If you would like to get involved as one of those GMs, please consider the following:

1. Hopefully, at least a few of the players in your game will be new, possibly having no prior RPG experience whatsoever. You must be willing to teach them the rules of the game without requiring them to purchase any materials or read any complicated or lengthy rules text. You might want to consider offering pre-generated, ready to play characters.

2. As we all know, PbF games can be quite lengthy. You should focus on running a short game so that the commitment level is within reason. Something that would make for a great one-shot, single session, at the table will end up taking three or four months of dedicated PbF play, possibly more! Please limit your games to that size and remember that shorter and quicker is the goal here. Again, you might want to consider offering pre-generated characters to save time.

3. Make sure that you don't overcommit yourself! It's easy to get amped up and set out to run multiple games at once. Be 100% sure that you can see it through on each and every game that you offer. Running one great game to conclusion is better than offering three games and having one or more suffer from lack of time, or even having to cut one short.

4. Players who have never played PbF here on RPGG will have first crack at the games on offer. Do not reserve spots in your game. When the game menu is posted, each new player should have an equal chance at getting into the game that interests them.

4.You'll need to post an elevator pitch, in this thread, to advertise your game. When we are ready to launch the initiative, I will gather them up and add them to a geeklist which will serve as the "menu" for potential players. We will aim to bring in new players from BGG and VGG, as well as coaxing forth some of the lurkers here at RPGG.

To see what your elevator pitch should look like, check out this geeklist from the 2014 Initiative. Including a logo, some cool pics, and links to items in the database are all good things!

Post your pitch here, in this thread. You'll be able to edit over the course of the next 7-10 days, up until I post the geeklist of games being offered.

mb All GMs, as well as the players, will receive this commemorative microbadge, designed by our very own indigopotter.

Okay GMs, the call is out, will you answer?
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to run 2 or 3 tables of Tales of the Village but with a difference.

These will be ONLY for family units. The new to PbF would be the child. The adult can be new or old to PbF.

Each game will be for one family unit and as it will be individual stories I should be able to run 2 or 3 tables.

Quote:

Do you have a young Witch or Wizard who wants to play?
Then it's time to bring your offspring to The Geek and to tell a
Tale of the Village!

How many games am I running?
I will run two or three games. Each game will be for one family unit. There should be at least one adult and one child.

Who is this for and what experience level should they be?
This is a New Player Initiative, however the adult who signs up can be of any experience level - old hand or new player.
The child(ren), however, should be the new-to-PbF-on-the-Geek person(s).
I want to help a parent or two out there bring their child into the fold and help them to enjoy a PbF game here and with their offspring where they do not have to do the GMing but instead can enjoy playing the game too.

What type of game will I run?
That is for YOU to decide. Each of the tables will have the child(ren) asked what they want to do/play. I will style each game to the Child's wants, so if they want to have a Troll, there will be a Troll, if they want Dragon's then there be Dragons! If they want snot-nosed-naughty-fairies then there will be a ..well you get the point

How will it work? Who will be in charge?
The parent will have their own Witch/Warlock who will act as the COMPANION to the Child(s) Witch(es)/Warlock(s). The child will be the one taking point and the game will go where the CHILD wants it to go. Naturally the adult's character (who will still be a young adult witch/warlock) can help and influence - it's about family working together. Depending on the age of the child the parent can either let them write things themselves with supervision and advice or do it for them with the child saying what they want to happen/do.

If the child has their own Geek account then feel free to use it, but I don't expect that to be the case, so they can use the parent's account. There are a few ways we could run it to help show which post is by the adult and which by the child, but that can be discussed in the OOC (Out Of Character) thread.

How long will the game last and what commitment level do I expect?
The length of these games will be pretty short. Though it does depend a bit on a few factors: How often you and your children post; their engagement levels (they are kids after all) and how long you want it to run for. I imagine at the quickest it might be two months but that's a guess.

What age should my child(ren) be for you to run this for them?
The age of the child(ren) does not bother me. If you feel they can roleplay with us then please join!
If they are a proper youngling and you as the adult have to do all of the typing for them, reading the posts and asking them what THEY want to do then so be it. If they are bordering on teenager territory and what to see what this PbF lark is all about then that's cool too. That game might edge into Harry Potter like territory if need be.

Whoever you and yours are, I look forward to helping to bring your family together with RolePlaying and to introduce them to the friendliest forum on the planet! Welcome to The Geek, Younglings!

• [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to run one of my old favourites - The Ettin's Riddle. The game will be run in either 3.5e or 5e, and depending on response, I'm willing to run 2 tables of the same game.

Here's the pitch:
Quote:
Newly arrived at the hamlet of Newkeep, you gathered at Newkeep's unofficial tavern, in the middle of the hamlet where the villagers had set up a few small tables and some benches. Gabros Flintwhisker, Newkeep's only dwarf, sold self-brewed ale in the evenings, and as the sun was setting you saw the dwarf moving around the tables serving his bitter brew.

You sensed a fear and uncertainty in the air, and you hear worried voices around the other tables where the villagefolk gathered.

A young villager pointed out, shaking his head despondently, "The only bridge out of here is now broke. What do we do?"

Another older villager added, "Two farmhouses in the past week, Mielikki knows how many cattle, and now the bridge. Worse, we've lost three more good men! I don't know why I stay here. I have a cousin south of here who could put me and my family up. I'm getting too old to keep moving every few years like this."

A man who looked like he belonged to the local militia stoically said, "We're losing one, two, three men a day to this thing. It may be me next! I have a family - who will take care of them if I'm gone?"

Many nodded at the militiaman, their faces equally gloomy. The village carpentress shared her observations, "He's a strong'un, sure, but that bridge was old, too. Not surprising he was able to tear it in half like that. Still, I don't know what Nandru thought he was doing, luring it out on the bridge like that. Probably figured it would collapse and take them both. Nandru always was brave."

Slowly, many of the villagers turned to look at you, having observed the equipment that you carried. Nobody said anything though, but you could see the pleading in their eyes.

This D&D 5e adventure calls for 4 - 6 heroes to aid the hamlet of Newkeep, which is being terrorised by a two-headed giant.

You will not require any materials to play the game. A basic guide is available for free online, and I'll provide links to any other necessary material. Pre-gens will also be provided, for anyone who wants to jump straight into the game.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
It’s the 80’s like you always remembered! Or dreamed about, or listened to your parents ramble on about in that past wistful manner that makes you wonder “what were they on?” when you look at the old photos.

Big hair, big ghetto blasters, and cell phones the size of a brick that were hard-wired into your car! Ahhhhh, the eighties.

Well, except for the giant robots, the floating trains, and the occasional dinosaur or extra-planar visitor. But your parents are ‘just too busy’ to deal with that stuff, and your big brother or sister is to involved in the daily rituals of dating and social lives to notice.

So it’s up to you! To solve mysteries, fix problems, and still get your homework done on time!

Tales from the Loop
is a roll playing game centered around a group of children who have the free time, and the curiosity, to fix Big Problems, before they become Bigger Catastrophe’s. All while dodging meddlesome adults, unreasonable curfues, and Miss Tanagray’s soul crushing homework assignments.

You’ll design a child character between the ages of 10-15, based on the iconic stereotypes of the Bookworm, the Computer Geek, the Hick, the Jock, the Popular Kid, the Rocker, Troublemaker, or Wierdo. Complete with an iconic item/gadget and a cool hideout that your parents will never find, unless you tell them where it is, but why would you do that?

So sign up, pick your type (only one of each, and only 6 players!), and your favourite 80’s song.

Because it’s summer and something strange is going on with the birds! [/b]

Principles of Tales of the Loop (how the game works):
1. Your home town is full of strange and fantastic things.
2. Everyday life is dull and unforgiving.
3. Adults are out of reach and out of touch.
4. The land of the Loop is dangerous but Kids will not die.
5. The game is played scene by scene.
6. The world is described collaboratively

Please ask questions and I’ll do my best to answer them for you.

Q.
Do I need a copy of the rules: Nope
Do I need to buy anything to play: Nope
What do I need? The time to post a few times every week, once a day during the week is awesome, however it can be difficult to maintain that pace, so we'll work with you. The faster you post, the faster we'll play. Often we slow down a bit on weekends as people are out and about.
What else do I need? A sense of adventure, curiosity and access to Google for killer '80's meme's!
When will we start? We'll fire up the threads as soon as sign ups are in progress. That said I will be away Feb 8-16, to a much warmer location. I'm hoping to have reasonable internet service, but, you never know. My hope is to get character progression and a light rules overview all done so we can launch in full force on my return.
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti / Leonie
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be doing a Fiasco, will have 4 (freely available) playsets for the players to choose from. Call-out for players will be added here later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Clare
United Kingdom
Watford
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not at the right point to start a game yet. Is there a deadline for the initiative?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Breidigan
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Wreck of the B.S.M. Pandora with simplified rules for Star Frontiers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
carlc wrote:
I'm not at the right point to start a game yet. Is there a deadline for the initiative?

There is, roughly. In about ten days I will post the announcement thread across all three sites, as well as the geeklist of games to be offered. All games that will count towards the initiative should have an elevator pitch posted to this thread by then.

There's always a chance that a second initiative will launch in the second half of the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
Rust monsters: separating the wheat from the chaff since 1976.
mbmbmbmbmb
taen wrote:
I'm going to run one of my old favourites - The Ettin's Riddle.

Excellent introductory adventure! I've used it in the past to great effect
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rae Zin were here
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
All good things
badge
The BANCE - bear dance!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sobriquet wrote:
taen wrote:
I'm going to run one of my old favourites - The Ettin's Riddle.

Excellent introductory adventure! I've used it in the past to great effect

It was the first game I'd DM-ed f2f. Brings back memories.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb

Dungeons & Dragons, the world's best-known roleplaying game, is in its fifth edition! It's fairly easy to learn the basics, and it's a blast to play. I'll be running In Volo's Wake, an introductory adventure released in 2017 as a game-store promotion for the book Volo's Guide to Monsters.

Adventure Summary

The town of Phandalin, nestled in the foothills to the east of the Sword Mountains, continues to grow since being rebuilt after the devastation wrought by rampaging orc hordes. It recently survived violent gang activity, drow machinations, and even the attention of a green dragon.

But can it withstand a new threat, bizarre but no less perilous: the fame brought by a visit from none other than loremaster Volothamp Geddarm?

---------------------------------------------
In Volo's Wake is made up of six mini-adventures that, if we were playing face-to-face, would take about an hour each to play. We will also be playing this as part of the Adventurers League, the official organized play program for D&D 5E. The Adventurers League is designed around "seasonal" storylines, and players can take their AL characters anywhere in the world and play in AL games. Players will get to choose between making their own AL character (with help from me, if need!) or choosing from a set of pregenerated characters. No knowledge of the game is necessary, either—you can learn the rules as you play!

A few considerations before diving in:
I tend to run fast-moving games. Because of this, we'll hopefully be moving through these six mini-adventures quickly--probably around two months or less in real life.
I ask everyone at my table to please be kind and courteous to each other!
Please commit to posting regularly. Posting on weekends is optional, but please try to post at least once a day on weekdays. If you want to post more...please do!

I'm looking for six players to join me in this adventure. What sort of trouble is happening around Phandalin? Will the adventurers figure out what lies in Volo's wake, or will they perish in the process?

Lastly, you don't need to purchase anything for this game. You can find the free basic rules for D&D 5e here.

• [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IMAGINE: It's the halcyon days of DISCO, 1979, but you prefer LED ZEPPELIN! -- Dungeons & Dragons is still in its infancy. Just three years ago, only 1000 copies existed of three strange, little brown books -- maybe 100 pages between them -- and players often just made things up as they went along.

And it was FUN!

... you love FUN!.

But what was it actually like? How does one begin playing in true Old School Style? Well, rather than dig up some musty old tomes, we're going to do the next-best-thing: We're going to play Advanced World of Dungeons instead, a free, rules light RPG in the spirit of original D&D, but (loosely)powered by the apocalypse (PbtA). It has only 12 pages of rules. 10 if you remove pictures. You won't use most of 'em.

And what better adventure than the first* adventure? That's right, we're going to play T1: The Village of Hommlet, the famous introductory module that launched a million and more people into this great hobby!

To whit, I seek 4-6 brave souls foolish enough to explore Gary Gygax's infamous Moathouse, savvy enough to suss out evil, and lucky enough to live and tell the tale! You need only the free pdf of Advanced World of Dungeons -- which is not "advanced" at all.

Free PDF available here: https://analogkonsole.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/advanced-w...
BGG Character Sheet Template HERE.

ADVENTURE INTRODUCTION

The small community of Hommlet is an unknown quality. The mud-rutted road is lined with closely-grown hedges of brambles and shrubs, beyond which you spy locals who quietly and cautiously note your arrival. Here and there it cuts through a copse or crosses a rivulet. To either hand, forest and meadow have given way to field and orchard. A small herd of kine graze nearby, and a distant hill is dotted with stone chimneys, thin plumes of blue smoke rising from them. A road angles west into the hill country, and to either side of the road ahead are barns and buildings — Hommlet at last…

But what is here? Who will be encountered? Where should you go? These are your first explorations and encounters, so chance may dictate as much as intelligence. Will outsiders be shunned? Are the reports true — is the whole community engaged in evil practices? Are the folk here bumpkins, easily duped? Does a curse lay upon those who dare to venture into the lands which were once under the ever watchful Elder Elemental Eye? All of these questions will soon be answered.

And above all looms the spectre of the ruined Temple of Elemental Evil, maybe 6 miles from Hommlet on the way to Nulb. You’ve all heard rumours: Riches unfathomable, dangers in the deep, a re-awakened evil that knows no bounds…

… Your adventure begins!

* Disclaimer: Not actually "the first adventure".
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gentle Ladies' Tea and Monstrosity Destroying & Quilting Circle Auxiliary
An apocalyptic game served with tea and sugar.

A Taste of What is to Come
Another Wednesday, another meeting of our Quilting Circle Auxiliary. It is most unfortunate the roads are almost impassible due to the rain of smoldering coal meteors. That shall make it most difficult for the rest of the Circle to arrive.

If that wasn't bad enough, the tea set seems to have gained a mind of its own, and has gone into hiding, flying all over the house. Honestly, I think it is possessed. I did tell the maids not to disturb the vervain braid I had placed around it, but it is so hard to find good help when the world is ending around you.

And then there is the slight problem of the transmogrified bear in the conservatory wearing what looks to be the priest's cassock, who refuses to leave. Today tea is to be served in the conservatory!

Who knew there was so much which had to be fixed before teatime?

This is a humorous rules light game of fighting monsters and sorting things out while the world ends around you. Your character is a Lady of Gentleman of good taste and of practical mind.

After all, tea is more important than the End Times!

This game uses d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, and d20, though not in the ways you would expect. The aim is to roll low, not high, and uses multiple dice for each roll.

The rules can be found here. Or, if you want to purchase a copy, here.

This game will take up to 6 players.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lexicon
A game where you create an encyclopedia for a forgotten civilization.

The Rise and Fall of the Ocher Oracle

This is a relatively quick and fun RPG where you create an encyclopedia.

The theme (fantasy, sci-fi, post apocalyptic) is revealed during play as the entries are created, however, it all focuses around the Rise and Fall of the Ocher Oracle.

Each player adopts the persona of a historian (amateur or otherwise) who has an interest in studying the Ocher Oracle and filling in the historical gaps.

The game is free and the rules can be found here.

The game is played entirely in a geeklist, as opposed to a forum thread, and has no dice rolling at all! Instead, every entry has to mention at least two other entries (called citations in game) since no historian can resist the lure of cross-referencing things!

The geeklist includes biographies of all the historians as well as the encyclopedia entries themselves. It will use the "telephone keypad" variant so will only last 8 rounds (plus the character introductions) - but make no mistake, the game gets harder in the later rounds!

This game will take 3-5 players to build a fictional encyclopedia.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, Lexicon, that is such a fun game. I had so much fun with that, a new player will love it, especially if they love making up strange facts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I might be convinced to run two tables of Lexicon if there is enough interest.

If it turns out my job does end on the 22nd or 29th of this month, then I'll run two tables of TGLTaMD&QCA too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
I might run an X-Men/Maze of the Blue Medusa crossover. Looking into how it might work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hein Ragas
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
designer
[Insert witty message here]
badge
[Insert another witty message here]
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm torn. I want to offer Ryuutama, but a previous PbF of the same scenario I want to offer bled dry. I don't know if I want to try again in a PbF setting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford the Youngest (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
fubfubfub wrote:
I'm torn. I want to offer Ryuutama, but a previous PbF of the same scenario I want to offer bled dry. I don't know if I want to try again in a PbF setting.

New people, new game! Go for it! Also, learn from last time and give them engagement in OOC to keep it fresh.

I had exactly the same one year where game A of Lady Blackbird struggled all the way, game B was fine; the next year I just ran one game and gave them more of my devoted time and we were back on form!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Cimbaljević
Serbia
Belgrade
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to run Open Legends: Star Once Fallen.
It is a great system that is open, which means you can make what ever you want. Star Once Fallen is a great adventure to introduce the system.

The only "problem" is OL has 18 stats, 8 of which are optional (like schools of magic), so I am not sure if it is new guy friendly.
I mean the system is not hard to get, it just can seem overwhelming at times. But it has exploding dice which is like super duper fun.

[PITCH BELOW THIS POINT]

In a time where like 25% of characters are Human, and like 13% are Fighter comes OPEN LEGEND, a system where you can
BE ANYTHING.*
"How can they do that?" you might ask. It is simple there are no classes or races. So it allows you, players, to make all those crazy characters you always wanted, or show you how deep does this Role Play rabbit hole goes.
You want to be an Elf that is super strong and rages. You can do that.*
You want to be a Half-Orc immortal chronomancer. You can do that.*
You want to be an angel that has a magical flower demon as his compenion and shoots lasers out of his eyes. BOOM you can do that.*
It has wapping 18 attributes**, that are for some reason easy to understand.
The best part it has EXPLODING DICE! Exploding dice are the new best thing in RPGs. When you roll the max number on a dice you roll that dice again and add the new roll to the total. If you roll max, you do it again. And in Open Legend you roll a lot of dice, already.

Did I say it is FREE, cause it is.

I am looking for 5 brave souls that can post 3-5 times a week to defeat Demon Lord Asgaroth in a fantasy world set on the Starfall Island, in an adventure titled A Star Once Fallen

* As long as GM allows it.
** Most will not be used, and I will explain them all.
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick McInally
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cimbaman wrote:
I would like to run Open Legends: Star Once Fallen...

Hey Cimba! Your players are in for a great time

I wouldn't worry too much about the rules set, just be clear to people from the get to that it's more complicated than tying shoelaces and less complicated than astrophysics. They'll be fine!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig
United States
Jefferson CIty
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fubfubfub wrote:

Well, I wanted to thank you for the game I was in, I think new players will love it and you were very patient explaining the rules and also, gave plenty of interesting choices for the players. It was interesting, just not my style of game, I get why people like the inventory system.

I think you should run it again, new players will jump at it, as the look and aesthetics are just so very fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rebus Carnival
United States
Da Burbz
DC METRO
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oh, you can stand it alright.
mbmbmb
fubfubfub wrote:

Do a cowboy one! Git along, li'l Wagyu!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking of running a Star Trek Adventures game, or maybe a Star Wars (WEG 2nd Edition) game. I'm still learning the STA rules, and would need to re-read the Star Wars (WEG) rules...

I'd like to do this but not sure about the time commitment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Minister of Sinister
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Just happy to be here.
mbmbmb
rebuscarnival wrote:
I might run an X-Men/Maze of the Blue Medusa crossover. Looking into how it might work.

That sounds awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.