Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John James
United States
Waterbury
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garner's Irascible Propounder (The Cursed Widget).

A small wooden item of no inherit value that will never the less appear both valuable and useful to anyone caught by its illusions. The spellbound will attempt to buy, invest or steal the widget from the current owner to varying degrees of profit or harm for the owner. The owner's feeling will depend on weather or not they know of the enchantment the widget holds and if they are under its spell or not. They may pass the widget on for free, amass investors for a product that will never be produced, or get a dagger in the back over their coveted trinket. Intelligent animal such as magpies or a bold stoat are not immune to the widgets allure.

Next: A monocle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Irandar's Dreamiser (Cursed Monocle of Fairy Sight)

Unlike the Monocle of True Sight, that shows things as they truly are, Irandar's Dreamiser makes things look amazingly fantastical. When you put it on, a simple meal becomes an opulent feast, and tastes far more delicious! An old bed becomes a four-poster with silk sheets and a velvet duvet. Your ragged clothes becomes the richest looking vestments in the realm. Granted, no one else can see what you see, but wearing the monocle does become addictive - it becomes harder and harder to turn away from the glorious visions, eventually making the wearer truly believe that what they see through the monocle is real, and the real world is fake.

Next item: Two mismatched socks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
When will the die stop rolling? What face finishes showing?
mbmbmbmbmb
Windsocks of Contradiction

These two windsocks come attached to a single pole. Neither windsock will ever point in a similar direction or indicate approximately the same wind speed as the other. Oft times, neither is correct.

Next item: an anklet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb

"Wild River Regional Prison - Prisoner Number 85732-075 - Please Stand in Line!"

This could be you.

Scene: Maybe you are an enterprising young rogue just rolling into a new town. Maybe despite your disrepect for the law, you are a good person. And maybe, a touch naive.

Maybe you are on your last few coppers and starting to doubt your vocation. Maybe a rich shady looking count suddenly sits besides you then asks in a raspy voice to join your table as if he hadn't already.

Maybe that rich shady looking count that you met that night in the dark pub who spoke with archaic language later disappeared mysteriously in the night before you fully could see their face, and he had assigned you a secret mission, without asking for your credentials, involving retrieving a stolen magical artifact of unknown magical properties from a rich estate. Maybe when you showed up at the estate and carefully climbed up the wall and carefully broke through the bedroom window, you found everyone was already dead or mostly dead in a unholy gruesome scene. Maybe the police were quick to the scene. Maybe that mysterious stranger gave you a magical sword that seems to be identifiable as the one the true killer used to steal the valuable artifact and now you are in sooo much hot water. Maybe that mysterious stranger wasn't really a count at all! Maybe he set you up for a fall. Phew. Anyway. There were no warning signs - He seemed legit!

How were you to know?

This could be you. This is bound to happen to a rogue at some point in their career. And no matter how often you explain the simple truth of it, the police just won't see reason.

That is why you always need to have on you:
Blinkan's Bracelet of Burglary and Breaking Out of Stuff

Blinkan's magical ankle Bracelet will magically fit around anyone's ankle. It will then camouflage itself and its supplied tools completely into the skin/carapace of the wearer. Only the greatest of magic can detect it.

The Bracelet holds several tools that will enable the wearer to pick any locks quickly and efficiently. Each time a tool is used it breaks. It includes several keys of unlocking, a key or two of short term invisibility, and a key or two of muffling.

Next item: A Typewriter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
?
badge
[This space intentionally left blank]
mbmbmbmbmb
Morlohck's Mechanical Marvel

"Behold the magical wonder which is Morlohck's Mechanial Marvel! This contraption reads the weaves of fate and may reveal them even to untrained rabble like yourselves. Step right up and try your luck for a copper, see if the future will reveal itself to you! If you would rather have a trained operator attempt the reading, I will do so for 3 silver pennies. Step right up and read the future."

Morlohck's Mechanical Marvel is a typewriter that was summoned from the desk of the creator god. It is in fact used to write the story of the world. When it was summoned, Morlohck attempted to decipher the mechanism and ended up pressing keys that wrote "I will be crushed by a flying cow." Once written, the text is irrevocable and will come to pass. Unfortunately, the typewriter has no markings on the keys and is in the creator language of the universe. Magicians deemed the device too dangerous and locked it away but it was later captured and displayed only as a curiosity. The current owners go from village to village trying to make a bit of money and have learned a few key combinations that give good fortune. They typically learn these by allowing others to press the buttons and seeing what happens to them. The typewriter can, in theory, rewrite all of existence, but there is no one that has the knowledge to do that.

Next Item: a hair ribbon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
People are usually shocked when they find out I’m not a very good electrician.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rappeler Ribbon

This elegant hair ribbon ensures that you never forget to bring important things. Simply tie this yellow ribbon around the object you do not want to forget, and it will remain imprinted in you mind for as long as the ribbon is attached to it. Tying it around a book does not convey the written words to your mind; it only ensures that you do not forget the book itself. Even though a ribboned object will not be forgotten, it is still possible that you neglect to take the item with you. Fear not, for upon speaking the command word, the ribboned object will materialize in your hand. Unfortunately, living objects can not be recalled in such a manner, no matter how much you may miss him or her.

Next item: tongs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Think Tank Tongs

This strange shoewear gives the wearer random ideas. Every thousand steps grants a 1% chance to get a useful one at the end of the day. Losing or taking off a tong resets the counter to 0. Any misstep during the walk means the next idea will look good but will, in fact, prove very bad.

Due to their being handmade, the tongs' soles are almost never perfectly flat. Some pairs lean left and some lean right.

Next item: a gym stepper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very Stout
United States
Back and to the Left-
Up a Bit, Perfect
flag msg tools
An old liberal optimist
badge
An Elf, a Human, and a Dwarf walk into a bar...
mbmbmbmbmb
Beths handy step-stool.

Beth is somewhat short, and works as an alchemist. When she needs to reach ingredients on a higher shelf, she uses a step-stool the retired alchemist left with the shop.

Unknown to her, the step-stool grants automatic complete success to the last users next Constitution save. This has saved Beths life more than once.

Next item: an anvil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anvil of Artistic Inspiration

Created by Nold the dwarven wizard, the Anvil of artistic inspiration was a present for his nephew who wanted to be a weaponsmith. The child was an excellent smith but his creations lacked a certain pizzaz. Anyone using this anvil finds themselves thinking of multiple ways they can add decoration to whatever they are making. The user will have to add decoration to the object or be dissatisfied with the outcome and break/melt it in a rage. The anvil does not grant any bonus to the smithing or the items made but because of the additional detailing, items will sell for 10%-300% more.

Next Item: a basket
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Basket of Monetary Leveling

Whenever this basket has at least two coins in it, it will transform them into the closest approximate to the average of both. For example, if three coins are worth 1, 4 and 5 units, they will change into 3 coins of a value of 3.33 each, give or take a few. Sometimes, the currency cannot be recognized because it had to be fetched in another part of the world.

Some have used this to do money laundering. Some have tried many combinations until they found the one which granted them a slight growth in value (but that did not make up for the loss of coins in previous trials). Some have done this for collection purposes.

Next Item: a sewer cover
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very Stout
United States
Back and to the Left-
Up a Bit, Perfect
flag msg tools
An old liberal optimist
badge
An Elf, a Human, and a Dwarf walk into a bar...
mbmbmbmbmb
A Dickensian Sewer Grate

These appear once in a while in any age, but seem to cluster in times lacking a certain 'un air de charme pour les pauvres'.

Anyone who steps upon the street grate is transported into a realm resembling a Dickens novel of industrial poverty and class distinction.

They will meet the most amazing characters, and have a remarkable adventure before returning back to their own reality.

Next Item: a friendly otter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
sometimes i think people let me win just so they can hear my lengthy victory speeches
mb
The Friendly Baby Otter

No one is sure if The Friendly Baby Otter is truly sentient. It is super cute with the cutest biggest black eyes you ever did see. And did i mention how cute it was? SUPER CUTE. And the baby otter doesn't appear to ever need to be fed nor care about the temperature, although it does seem to appreciate a swim in the bathtub every now and then.

You can bring it with you, easily and comfortably fitting in a large pocket.

Whenever the owner is about to do something even remotely risky, it pops up and cutely says 'You Otter Know Better!' in varying volumes by risk. This is great when you are about to open a chest that is hiding two rows of hideously sharp fangs. Or about to rob a stagecoach hiding 15 armed soldiers. Or bet on a long shot of a horse. This is not so great when you are about to sneak a few coppers from a table in the pub..

This is all the otter ever does. And it does it for anything remotely risky. It won't even balance a ball no matter how hard you train it. Even if you start to get tired and annoyed, and leave it at home, somehow it will appear and warn you 'You Otter Know Better!' no matter what. Why won't it leave me alone! If you start to go a little insane, and try to run it over with your horse, it will disappear and reappear cutely saying 'You Otter Know Better!' arg it so so frustrating!!! Leave me alone! You can't get rid of it. LEAVE ME ALONE! FINE!!

Next we hear a cutely loud 'You Otter Know Better! and a loud thud.
-and thus ends the last recorded journal entry

Ownership appears to be only transferable if the owner dies, and ownership then will transfer over to the nearest human whether it is wanted or not.

Next Item: a Coffee Filter/Cheese Cloth
or! i'm sorry..
i didn't see this, but underneath the coffee filter/cheese cloth is a
Next Item: A Small Machine that goes Ping!

so up to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a furry version of The Winslow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tiny Machine That Goes Ping

This tiny machine looks like a music box. Actually, it is one in all regards, and should one break it apart, it would prove nothing else.

The TMTGP acts as a proximity sensor to something. The closer this thing is, the more pings it makes.

What the TMPTGP detects exactly, varies with each of them. Some sense gold. Some sense garbage. And some sense death. You understand what it is when you find the largest source of it in the surroundings.

There are some who say that the pings of a TMTGP hide a code. If you can break it down, you will get what the machine is sensing, who made it, and maybe have a few secrets of the universe revealed to you as well. Alas, the code changes for each TMTGP, and sometimes you just don't want to hear the pings...

Next Item: a bouncing ball
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Sappy Fun Ball

The Sappy Fun Ball is an insidious toy rubber ball invented by a jealous 3rd rate wizcomedian named Jacek Balock. It was initially intended to 'sap' the energy out of a room completely during another wizcomedian's performance, so that his own set would look all the better when he took the center stage.

It is a round gooey ball that has no right to bounce. But bounce it does. And when bounced, it will defy physics and continue to bounce forever until someone catches it. With each bounce, it will bounce a little bit higher, and to do so, it requires energy to be absorbed from the environment around it. Any living things nearby will find themselves slowly becoming more lacking of interest, their eyes glaring over, and eventually dying from extreme ennui if the ball is left to continue bouncing.

Warning: Sappy fun ball has sharp spikes that can cause great pain if caught without adequate protection
Warning: Do not cast spells at Sappy Fun Ball
Warning: Do not let Sappy Fun Ball come into contact with magical items
Warning: Do not release Sappy Fun Ball into other dimensions
Warning: Approach sappy fun ball slowly so as to not startle sappy fun ball
Warning: Do not use Sappy Fun Ball if you are pregnant, or may wish to be pregnant at a later date.
Warning: If left unattended, Sappy Fun Ball can absorb the entire life force of a continent, withering everything to dust.
Warning: And if not stopped, with enough even more more time, Sappy Fun Ball will destroy the whole planets ecology.

Next Item: Bagpipes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MacStormBull's Doompipes

Angus MacStormbull was a notoriously impetuous researcher in elementalism. While looking for ways to catch sounds from other planes, he inadvertently found that many magical things could more easily be channeled through pipes. Adding air within the pipes was a sure way of fueling and speeding the transfer, hence he added a bag.

And thus McSB's Doompipes were born. Well actually, he called them the Multiactuator Transplanar Aerofueled Channeling Device, but nobody wanted to call it that after the first demonstration.

The Doompipes eruct nearly anything as soon as they are blown air into. Depending on the strength and tone, it goes from farts to fire to boulders to icy water to gold dust to mud, in notable quantities, several dozen kilograms a minute. Each pipe creates a distinct matter regardless of the others. And it is forcefully expelled at that, geysering high in the air before falling back down. And the pipes still produce music (kinda), too, though even Angus cannot tell why.

Angus was subsequently invited to every siege and campaign his country waged after that, and each was won. Reports say the enemies would flee as soon as they heard the distinct bagpipe music in the distance.

They only knew defeat when Angus got a sore throat in the middle of his performance. His device was lost in the subsequent mayhem.

Next Item: toilet paper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mb
''eruct ''

stop knowing more english words than me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toilet Paper of Eruction

This seemingly benign item functions just like one would expect and it feels silky smooth and cleans far better than expected. However, it is cursed and sometime over the next d6 days, the user will eruct in sequence that gets progressively louder and smellier. The last few will repel all from the building the user is in and shatter windows and other glassware.

Those that partake of the soiling scroll multiple times suffer several times worse for each indulgence. More so if they don't wait for the eruction period to be over before re-offending.

Finally, no matter how much of the roll is used, there is always more present. The inner layers becoming lighter and silkier.

Next item: a spindle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
People are usually shocked when they find out I’m not a very good electrician.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spindles of Vitality

Yarn is the fuel of the weaver and the spindle is the source of tapestries. However, Spindles of Vitality are not the tools of your typical spinner and no cloth do they make. The Spindles of Vitality come in a variety of shapes and styles and are virtually identical to their nonmagical counterparts, though some can be found in unusual sizes and composition. A spinner attuned to a Spindle of Vitality crafts yarn with the spindle as normal. Depending on the type of spindle, the yarn can be “discharged” by touching the spindle to the object to be recharged, fueled, feed, or healed. The effectiveness of the spindle depends on the quality of the yarn and a spindle can not discharge into an incompatible object. e.g. A Spindle of Magic cannot feed a horse.

Next Item: a level
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Archimedes' level

This huge level was reputedly invented by the legendary Archimedes in an attempt at "levelling up". He allegedly said, when presenting his tool to the Tyrant of Syracuse, "give me a fulcrum, and I shall flatten the world."

Denys was not sure if that would be useful, because many people in his age still held the reasonable belief that the world was flat already. Thus, Archimedes' Level was all but forgotten, as the development credits were diverted to his more wieldy Lever.

Only later, when the absurd theory of Spherical Earth became fashionable, began the Quest for the Lost Plans. Some might still be after them today.

Next Item: a rubber band
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
Life is too short to be angry all the time. Smile and enjoy the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hawking Band

In an embarrassment of riches, His Royal Majesty, Fleck the Third, Holy King of Earth and its Colonies built an interstellar yacht larger than any space craft ever before conceived.

Unfortunately, while en route to Alpha Centuri the mighty craft became unstable and the resulting vibrations very nearly shook it apart at the seams.

A singular Hawking Band was used to mate the aft proxima engine with the tolodic amplifier until repairs could be made.

Next item: a crystal piece of fruit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
The Crystal Banana of Hearing

This legendary artifact has been long sought after by many an adventurer. It is rumoured it gives the wielder the power to hear anything they desire, no matter what the distance.
The Crystal Banana of Hearing is applied to either the left or right ear, and by merely thinking about a subject, one is able to hear the sound it makes or the things he/she/it is saying.

Next item: a paperclip
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alain
France
Saint-Jory
31 - Haute-Garonne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Definitive Paperclip

When attached to any string of text, this myriad-coloured paperclip ensures that no new sheet can ever be added, thus preventing files from growing too large for the reader. It is a mighty auxiliary in bureaucratic societies.

So mighty is the Definitive Paperclip, it has been observed affecting virtual as well as physical text. Whole threads of discussion have been interrupted in this manner, never to start again, just because someone mentioned the Paperclip in them.

Oh crap.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Next item: a broom
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr. UDO
United States
Chandler
AZ
flag msg tools
designer
?
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broom of Temporal Cleanliness

This broom will magically remove dust, rubbish and dirt from any surface by pushing it two hours into the future. Originally created by the teenage progidy Frinkla Bzi't, he used it "clean" his room whenever his parents would nag him about it. Variations of this broom have been used by Magical and non-magical children alike for similar purposes.

The broom does not remove the debris, just hides it temporarily in the space time continuum. Invariably the mess comes back and worse than it was before.

Next Item: a stress ball
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Dale
Australia
Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Infinite Stress Ball

This seemingly innocent squishy ball bestows a curse of unlimited and infinite stress on those foolish enough to use it. Naturally, it has a smiley face on its surface.

Next item: a single chopstick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] |