RPG» Forums » Community » Creative Fodder

Subject: Favorite Superhero and Supervillain Archetypes rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Theo Robinson
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I'm an avid fan of superhero tabletop RPGs, and I realized that archetypes basically make the hero. From things like the Paragon, the Speedster, and the Dark Vigilante, to things like the Martial Artist, the Magician, and the Energy Projector, there is a lot of types of superheroes. The same goes for supervillains, too. I have my favorites. For heroes, I like the "Shrinker" archetype, such as the Atom or Ant-Man, because I think that is a cool power. For villains, I also like the "Ultra-Powerful Huge Muscular Godly Villain" (although that sounds kinda weird), such as Darkseid or Thanos, because I like the type of villain that is a greatly powerful evil alien god for some reason. So, what archetypes are you fond of?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Freerksen
United States
River Forest
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
genetically augmented tortured souls are what I really like. I also adore magical princesses (Princess of Gemworld anybody?) I kinda have a soft spot for embodiments of certain abstract concepts. Which is why I love the Green Lantern mythos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TTDG
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Brick aka superman
Rich guy
Genius / technologist
Power pool, they can be good at only a few things at a time.
Detective
Hacker
Power twins, their powers work or can change only in the presence of the other.
Human / animal hybrid

For villains I like: always another layer of shadows, the behind the scenes manipulator that you can never get to.

Probably many more that I can't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls