The New Easy-to-Master Dungeons & Dragons Game
The Armitage Files
A Taste For Murder
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
Curse of Strahd
Tales from the Loop
Dungeon Spawn
DDAL00-02: Lost Tales of Myth Drannor
Game Trade Magazine (Issue 213 - Nov 2017)
Deities & Demigods
Trail of Cthulhu
Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (First Edition)
Trollbabe
B10: Night's Dark Terror
The Great Pendragon Campaign
Gary Gygax's Extraordinary Book of Names
Drakar och Demoner (3rd Edition)
City State of the World Emperor
De Profundis
Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay Core Set
Fiasco
De Profundis (2nd Edition)
It Came from the Late, Late, Late Show
Horror on the Orient Express (2nd Edition)
Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Game Master's Kit
Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
The Quiet Year
The Morrow Project 4th Edition
Beyond the Rim
The One Ring Roleplaying Game
Fellowship: A Tabletop Adventure Game
Mouse Guard (2nd Edition)
Ten Candles
Warriors of Destiny
Call of Cthulhu (7th Edition) Kickstarter Slipcase
7th Sea Core Rulebook
Coriolis: The Third Horizon
Symbaroum Advanced Player's Guide
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
41 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2  | 

RPG» Forums » Site Related » RPGGeek News

Subject: RPG Geek of the Week #387: Nicholas Jaramillo (Hadda). rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mb
Congrats Nicholas!

Here are my usual questions:

A Sunrise or sunset?
B Ocean or lake?
C What's the farthest place you've ever travelled to?
D If money (or nothing else for that matter) would be no object, where would you travel to?
E If you could go back in time and meet any one person you'd like to, who'd you meet and why?
F Your favourite pizza toppings?
G Any pets?
H What's the weirdest food you actually happen to love?
I What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
J What was the last film you saw? Would you recommend it?
K When buying RPGs, do you prefer dead tree or PDF?

Enjoy your week!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Improvise, Adapt, Overcome
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
derf_red wrote:
meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple Congratulations, Nicholas! meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple
I hope you enjoy your week.

Thanks Fred!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
Congrats Nicholas!

Here are my usual questions:

A Sunrise or sunset?
B Ocean or lake?
C What's the farthest place you've ever travelled to?
D If money (or nothing else for that matter) would be no object, where would you travel to?
E If you could go back in time and meet any one person you'd like to, who'd you meet and why?
F Your favourite pizza toppings?
G Any pets?
H What's the weirdest food you actually happen to love?
I What was the last book you read? Did you enjoy it?
J What was the last film you saw? Would you recommend it?
K When buying RPGs, do you prefer dead tree or PDF?

Enjoy your week!

Thanks, Kattvippa! Here are the answers to your questions:

A Sunset - growing up in California and Hawaii, watching the setting sun on the ocean is amazing
B Ocean for sure - lakes creep me out, though I have a better appreciation for the Great Lakes now that I have visited them before. So I think my lake phobia might only be fresh water.
C That would be England. I flew their last year for work, and at around 4000 miles, I think it is the farthest trip I have taken.
D Good question. I would like to go visit most of my old stomping grounds (dad was military, so we moved around a bit). On the more exciting side, probably Alaska, UK again, and somewhere warm with a beach, probably in the Caribbean (that last one is really for my wife).
E Genghis Khan - the man conquered the vast majority of the Asian Continent, and was no slouch when it came to military tactics. I think it would be very interesting to know the hows and whys of his need to build such a large empire.
F I don't really have a favorite - I like pizza in almost all its forms, except mushrooms and anchovies, those are both right out.
G I have one Dog named Indy - he is a Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. My wife has a leopard gecko, named Penny who she has had before we were married (think she is 14 years old now?).
H Hmm not sure what one would consider weird food... I guess a weird one might be Peanut Butter and Syrup, a 'dessert' I had growing up. Mix PB and maple syrup in a bowl, eat with flour tortillas. Traditionally Sugarcane molasses was used, but maple syrup is/was more readily available.
I Last book I read was Elves of the Cintra, by Terry Brooks, and it was pretty good. I have read the original Trilogy, and Scion series after that, so I figured I ought to go back and read the 'prequels'. The Books I read before this was the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson, and I enjoyed those.
J I don't get out to watch films all that much, finding sitters for the kids and free time in which to go out is difficult. The last movie I watch in Theaters might actually have been Rogue One, and I highly recommend that one. I watch Dr. Strange at home recently (I know, I am woefully behind...) and I thought that was quite enjoyable, and would recommend to anyone who has like the previous Marvel movies.
K That is good question. If it is a brand new RPG, I prefer a hard copy so I can more easily read the book at my leasure. If it is a system I know fairly well already, I prefer PDF, so I can more easily search for specifics. For example, I don't own any hard copies of Pathfinder books, since I have been playing 3.x style RPGs since they came out, so I know the rules pretty well, and buy PDFs because they are a bit easier to carry around (phone, tablet, laptop, etc.).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATULATIONS!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
ThatFedoraGuy wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Thanks, George!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Nicholas

d10-1 What is your favourite colour when playing a boardgame?
d10-2 Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
d10-3 Do you play an instrument? If yes, which one and for how long already?
d10-4 Having fun?
d10-5 What would have been your name if it wasn't the name you have?
d10-6 What is your favourite snack?
d10-7 What is your favourite day of the week?
d10-8 What is your favourite time of day?
d10-9 What character would you be in a Star Trek setting?
d10-1d10-0 What makes you "tick" (inspires you, why do you get up in the morning)?
d10-1d10-1 What is your life-long dream?
d10-1d10-2 What is your favourite RPG race/class?
d10-1d10-3 If you could go back in time - where and when would you go?
d10-1d10-4 Could you enlighten us about your avatar?
d10-1d10-5 Where does your username come from?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Narl wrote:
Congrats Nicholas

d10-1 What is your favourite colour when playing a boardgame?
d10-2 Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter?
d10-3 Do you play an instrument? If yes, which one and for how long already?
d10-4 Having fun?
d10-5 What would have been your name if it wasn't the name you have?
d10-6 What is your favourite snack?
d10-7 What is your favourite day of the week?
d10-8 What is your favourite time of day?
d10-9 What character would you be in a Star Trek setting?
d10-1d10-0 What makes you "tick" (inspires you, why do you get up in the morning)?
d10-1d10-1 What is your life-long dream?
d10-1d10-2 What is your favourite RPG race/class?
d10-1d10-3 If you could go back in time - where and when would you go?
d10-1d10-4 Could you enlighten us about your avatar?
d10-1d10-5 Where does your username come from?

d10-1 I am red/green color deficient ('blind'), so I always choose Black if it is an option
d10-2 Autumn - I like leaves changing colors and hoodie weather
d10-3 I do not play an instrument - by brother got all of the musical talent. I just play the radio 8-P
d10-4 I attempt to have fun whenever possible!
d10-5 My mother really had her heart set on naming me Adam after some TV show character in the '70s, my father said 'no'
d10-6 I actually don't snack much. If I do, it is usually sometime of trail mix, and usually while I am out camping.
d10-7 Tends to be Saturdays - no work, get to spend time with the family or Boy Scouts.
d10-8 Partially dependant on what day it is and what I am doing. If I am camping, I really like early morning sunrises with coffee or at nigth with campfires. During an average work week? around 8am, means I have usually had my first cup of coffee and I am ready to see people.
d10-9 Hmm that is a tough choice. I would have to say Commander William T. Riker. I have always like his cockiness and attitude. But it would have to be bearded Riker.
d10-1d10-0 Family and Friends.
d10-1d10-1 Not sure I really have a life long dream. I guess the closest thing would be to have enough money so I could take endless amount of classes. I love learning, and took a lot of 'unneeded' classes in college just because I wanted to learn and know more
d10-1d10-2 I have always been partial to elves and fighter/mage type classes. I still remember play D&D when all elves were fighter-mages.
d10-1d10-3 Probably Spain during the 1600's so I could learn La Verdadera Destreza (Spanish style fencing) from some of the great sword masters of the time.
d10-1d10-4 That was the avatar I used for my first PFS BGG avatar. I needed a token to represent my Tiefling Magus, so my wife found art of Illidan Stormrage from World of Warcraft and used her mad MS Paint skills to remove the horns, and thus Ta'lon Bludhaven's character pic was born.
d10-1d10-5 My username is my nickname from college. My last name is Spanish, so when pronounce it is sounds like 'Ha-da-mee-yo' so my friends would just call me the first part 'Ha-da'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Woodenman wrote:

Poll: 2 Truths & A Lie
One of the below statements is false, good luck and let the game begin!
I have qualified for, and competed in, a national fencing tournament in USA
I was an alpha tester for the MMORPG World of Warcraft
I have been drinking coffee since I was three years old
      13 answers
Poll created by Woodenman

So, now the answer to the poll.

I did qualify for and compete in a national fencing tournament in the USA.

I have been drinking coffee since I was 3 years old - my maternal grandfather use to come home from work and take what was left of his coffee and added it to my cup/bottle of milk. I loved the taste of coffee, so he always made sure to save some for me. Now I drink coffee religiously.

The LIE, as some of you guessed, was an Alpha Tester for WoW. I was actually only a Beta tester in the final round of closed Betas.

Thank you for having me, and sorry I dropped the ball thus far. Lost internet at my house this week, so I am waaay behind on everything 8-P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
A mighty Congrats!

1) If you play PbF games, what PbF game never fails to make you smile when you play it? If not, what RPG never fails to make you smile when you play it?

2) What would you rather have: someone who shows up on time to your RPG and brings food they do not share, or someone who shows up two hours late with a feast for everyone?

3) Oh no! A dreaded rules argument has broken out! What do you do?

4) A horde of shambling undead are about to attack your character! What do you do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
A mighty Congrats!

1) If you play PbF games, what PbF game never fails to make you smile when you play it? If not, what RPG never fails to make you smile when you play it?

2) What would you rather have: someone who shows up on time to your RPG and brings food they do not share, or someone who shows up two hours late with a feast for everyone?

3) Oh no! A dreaded rules argument has broken out! What do you do?

4) A horde of shambling undead are about to attack your character! What do you do?

While I am not technically GotW anymore (still playing catch up from the week of hell last week and have not found a new victim honoree yet, but I'll still answer the questions 8-) )

1) The only PbF games I play are PFS ones. I have tried to play other RPGs, but they never seem to last more than a month or two before players/GMs quit. I do like PFS and it is definitely a high point in my day when I can post!

2) I would rather someone show up on time and not share food. Face-to-face gaming is hard enough to set up (for me anyways) that I want to sit down and get to it. I usually bring an abundance of food and drinks anyways, so I never have to worry about it.

3) Well, for most of my Face-to-face games, I am the de facto rules lawyer, since I tend to memorize rules fairly well, and I often read rule books for fun - so I usually rule on them. However, most arguments (if not settled by GM or a quick look through the book) by what would be more epic, story-wise.

4) Completely depends on the character. But a good chunk of them would just wade in and start slicing/smashing/shooting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mixu Lauronen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
The revolution lasted six minutes and covered one hundred and twelve meters.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats, Nicholas! Here are my twour customary questions:

1 What game is your most pleasant surprise? Why?
1 What game is your biggest disappointment? Why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Edgerton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations, Nicholas!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Do you have a favourite personality/role you like to play in RPGs?

Most played RPG?

What was your longest ever session?

What two RPGs do you think would make the awesomest (or silliest) mashup?

Enjoy your week!

God bless,
Kezle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
papiklfish wrote:
Congratulations, Nicholas!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Jaramillo
United States
Beavercreek
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I drink and know things
mbmbmbmbmb
Kezle wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Do you have a favourite personality/role you like to play in RPGs?

Most played RPG?

What was your longest ever session?

What two RPGs do you think would make the awesomest (or silliest) mashup?

Enjoy your week!

God bless,
Kezle

I generally play intellectual muscle in RPGs, but I do try to spread out my character types when I can.

My most played RPG would probably be a tie between Pathfinder RPG and D&D 2ed

Longest ever session (not including PBF) would be 12 hour D&D 3.5 game my brother-in-law was running. It was over 14 hours if you counted the breaks

Probably the TMNT (Rift) RPG and the White Wolf Werewolf the Apocalypse. Would be funny (to me) to see how the Werewolves would react to "Wyrm Spawned" Ninja Turtles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baron Hayt
United States
Near Chillicothe
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Look! I'm a space goblin! I'll shoot you with my junklaser! PEW! PEW! PEW!
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.