Recommend
27 
 Thumb up
 Hide
149 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

RPG» Forums » Community » Creative Fodder

Subject: Microbadges for PbF rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This original post has been edited. Now it will contain a collection of the microbadges specifically made for the RPG Play By Forum experience.

I will keep it up to date with the additional microbadges as they are approved. If I forget any, let me know.

 I played a PbF Campaign from start to finish
 My PbF character rocks a banner
 My PbF character speaks in colors
 My PbF character thinks in colors
 PbF Lurker
 RPG Geek Play By Forum fan
 I play by forum on my smartphone!
 I love the Out of Character threads
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2009
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2010
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2011
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2012
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2013
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2014
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2015
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2016
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2017
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2018
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2019
 Playing RPGs by forum since 2020
 I get my PbFs mixed up (sometimes)
 I PbF at work
 PbF multiple poster
 I play fast post PbFs
 I forget to subscribe to my PbF
 I have been botted on PbF
 My home page is a PbF
 Long Poster on PbF
 Short Poster on PbF
 Forget to Post on PbF

The Hourglass Realm PbF has a few Campaign Specific mbs
 I play Dungeons & Dragons in the Hourglass Realm
 My character died in the Hourglass Realm
25 
 Thumb up
2.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred M
Germany
Erkrath
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
These are awesome! meeple
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This forum is meant for recruiting new players to PbF games, so a lot of folks are subscribed to this whole forum. I'm going to move this thread to our creative fodder, but I'll leave a shadow here for visibility.

As for the microbadges, I'm fine with those, as long as there is market for all those. So I would start with 1 - 3 max and if those get enough sells, then have more. Sound fair?
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am the Scherb
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Old school RPG, Back in the game!
badge
Programmer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving the idea. I will buy all of them.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Give me all the PbF badges, Patrick! All of them! Have you posted any of these ideas in the Microbadge Request geeklist?
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
I'm going to move this thread to our creative fodder, but I'll leave a shadow here for visibility.

As for the microbadges, I'm fine with those, as long as there is market for all those. So I would start with 1 - 3 max and if those get enough sells, then have more. Sound fair?

Sounds good. Just getting a pulse on interest. We'll see what has the most interest and would suit a good microbadge design and we will go from there.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
Give me all the PbF badges, Patrick! All of them! Have you posted any of these ideas in the Microbadge Request geeklist?
Not yet. I was hoping to hear from the PbF community first -- I'm not sure if they would hang out on the microbadge forums.

I had planned to design some of these myself, so I did not think to post a request for microbadge support.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I quote in colors" - This would be interesting, but I think I'd rather have just one badge, rather than another series like the color Meeples.
"I play X different games in PbF" - I'd say no to this, one series of PbF badges is enough, at least for me.
"I participated in a PbF campaign from start to finish." - I'd be interested in this.

The rest of them I have no feeling about one way or another, because I have characters who monologue when not in PbF games... and I don't use banners, and I definitely don't want apps mixed with my RPGing.
13 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"I Love OOC Threads" is my biggest request!
14 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I am the Scherb
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
Old school RPG, Back in the game!
badge
Programmer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For Jim I think it should be “I stalk OOC threads”
17 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just another Steve
United States
Allen Park
Michigan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmb
Scherb wrote:
For Jim I think it should be “I stalk OOC threads”

This one would be a good addition to the list.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a few ideas thrown together.

 
I love the Out of Character threads
 
I lurk the Play by Forums
 
I played a campaign in PbF from Start to Finish
12 
 Thumb up
2.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd clean up the "c" in OOC, as it is hard to read right now. (Also, maybe make the text green for the unofficial RPGG color?)

I love the campaign one!
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
I'd clean up the "c" in OOC, as it is hard to read right now. (Also, maybe make the text green for the unofficial RPGG color?)

I love the campaign one!
Agreed
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
(Also, maybe make the text green for the unofficial RPGG color?)

Changing the colors is easy. I was not sure what the RPGG colors were. I wondered if the PbF would have a unique color scheme, but the few PbF microbadges I've seen did not seem to settle on a single color, or font style.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
(Also, maybe make the text green for the unofficial RPGG color?)

Changing the colors is easy. I was not sure what the RPGG colors were. I wondered if the PbF would have a unique color scheme, but the few PbF microbadges I've seen did not seem to settle on a single color, or font style.
Oops... VGG is green... drat, I'm mixing all the colors up! You actually got it right...

BGG is blue, RPGG is yellow, VGG is green.

The RPGG colors are reflected here:

The color of the text in these: mbmb
The color of the speech bubble here: mb

PbF colors seem to be this golden color: mb
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
pdzoch wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
(Also, maybe make the text green for the unofficial RPGG color?)

Changing the colors is easy. I was not sure what the RPGG colors were. I wondered if the PbF would have a unique color scheme, but the few PbF microbadges I've seen did not seem to settle on a single color, or font style.
Oops... VGG is green... drat, I'm mixing all the colors up! You actually got it right...

BGG is blue, RPGG is yellow, VGG is green.

The RPGG colors are reflected here:

The color of the text in these: mbmb
The color of the speech bubble here: mb

PbF colors seem to be this golden color: mb
The play five new to me RPGs badge is golden, not yellow. It's golden because the participant badge is silver, so you get gold for completing the challenge

Anyway, they other yellow stuff most like is the colour they are because the ready made number and such are exactly that colour, not because it is our official colour. I'd say the speech bubble yellow for the posting level badge is pretty accurate in colour.

Then again, if you look at our official logo, the text is turquoise. So maybe we could also pick that as our colour. I'll ask about this and hopefully remember to get back here with the answer laugh
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mostly Harmless
msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I love PbFs and I love mircobadges so I think you know how I feel about this

Annowme wrote:
"I Love OOC Threads" is my biggest request!

sdonohue wrote:
Scherb wrote:
For Jim I think it should be “I stalk OOC threads”

This one would be a good addition to the list.
I would buy these in a heartbeat!

God bless,
Kezle
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think these will work. I make a new set of RPGG stock letters in teal to match our logo. I changed the "B" to lower case as it seems to be the convention for PbF.

 
I Lurk the PbF (Play by Forums)
 
I love the OOC (Out of Character) Threads


If these look good, I will send them over to the discussion thread for feedback before submitting them for approval.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dabbling with a few options for "My PbF character speaks in 'color'"

 
 
 


 
 
 


I chose "IC" for "in character."

Do either of these work for the concept, or is a new design required?

Or is the idea no good?
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Zoch
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
designer
Daily Dad Jokes!
badge
It took me two hours to grill a chicken the other day… And it still didn't tell my why it crossed the road…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Based upon some fabulous guest players in my PbF, one badge for PbF could be "I play an NPC in PbF", but I am not sure how common it is.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:
Based upon some fabulous guest players in my PbF, one badge for PbF could be "I play an NPC in PbF", but I am not sure how common it is.
I've had guests in my PbF games before for NPCs. I haven't played on myself yet (unless Grethel counts), but I'd be willing to donate money to the people I invited so they could get the badge.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:
Based upon some fabulous guest players in my PbF, one badge for PbF could be "I play an NPC in PbF", but I am not sure how common it is.
ninja
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
pdzoch wrote:
adularia25 wrote:
(Also, maybe make the text green for the unofficial RPGG color?)

Changing the colors is easy. I was not sure what the RPGG colors were. I wondered if the PbF would have a unique color scheme, but the few PbF microbadges I've seen did not seem to settle on a single color, or font style.
Oops... VGG is green... drat, I'm mixing all the colors up! You actually got it right...

BGG is blue, RPGG is yellow, VGG is green.

The RPGG colors are reflected here:

The color of the text in these: mbmb
The color of the speech bubble here: mb

PbF colors seem to be this golden color: mb
The play five new to me RPGs badge is golden, not yellow. It's golden because the participant badge is silver, so you get gold for completing the challenge

Anyway, they other yellow stuff most like is the colour they are because the ready made number and such are exactly that colour, not because it is our official colour. I'd say the speech bubble yellow for the posting level badge is pretty accurate in colour.

Then again, if you look at our official logo, the text is turquoise. So maybe we could also pick that as our colour. I'll ask about this and hopefully remember to get back here with the answer laugh
Apparently we are colourless, we do not have an official colour. Yellow seems like something that has been used in all kinds of stock letters for site wide microbadges, so I would actually really like the turquoise from our corner logo to be something we'd make our more non-official official colour. What do you all think?

Edit: this does not mean we couldn't use yellow as well, in the future badges
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pdzoch wrote:
So I think these will work. I make a new set of RPGG stock letters in teal to match our logo. I changed the "B" to lower case as it seems to be the convention for PbF.

 
I Lurk the PbF (Play by Forums)
 
I love the OOC (Out of Character) Threads


If these look good, I will send them over to the discussion thread for feedback before submitting them for approval.
Maybe make the heart more into the colour that these has (to more match the colour of the letters in the badge, to make more harmonious badge, at least to my eye):

mb mb mb
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |