Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
455 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

Lady Blackbird» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: A Small Part of the Pantomime [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Cyrus Vance

Cyrus looks the prisoner up and down, grinning. "Naw. You're the captain now. If you know what I mean."

Cyrus tries to give off his best thousand-yard stare while keeping the pistol in view. He stands like someone who knows who will win a fight, and it ain't the doofus looking back at him.

1d6+Intimidate+Pistol+Creepy Stare+Dice Pool=

5d6img -> (1 + 6 + 1 + 6 + 2) ->
= 16 [+]


[Dice Pool: 4/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 1]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1130391. jasonpanella
  • 5d6img =
  • (1 + 6 + 1 + 6 + 2) =
  • iid:2631634 iid:2631629 iid:2631634 iid:2631629 iid:2631633 = 16
  • Wed Aug 9, 2017 3:04 am
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The thug backs off, looking at Cyrus with a sneer. He flips his hands up in front of himself and takes a step back, closer to the locked cell.

"Alright, alright... no need for no collie shangles, but don't sell me a dog on what's just a musin' fifteen puzzle. You going to shake a flannin with some more Imps or just run the sauce-box?"

He's disengaging, but it looks like he's expecting an answer. You are all sure that more time spent in the brig is dangerous for multiple reasons, some more obvious than others...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Naomi Bishop[Dice Pool: 6/8 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 1]

Naomi doesn't like being cornered and she certainly doesn't like the idea of letting this thug be behind them while the make their getaway. She nods at the man's words and feigns an answer, shooing her team on, but winking at Snargle.

Alright big man, the brig's yours. We're headed to engineering anyhow.


But, just as she has turned her back and started shepherding Natasha away, she turns quickly and punches the man hard in the face with the intent to, at minimum, knock him out, though she'd feel no remorse if more happened.

Free+Pit Fighter+Combat Tested+Brutal+Living Weapon+Fast+Hard+2 9d6 = (4 + 6 + 1 + 4 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 5 + 3) = 36

Key of the Warrior
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1130400. rwayfarer
  • 9d6 =
  • (4 + 6 + 1 + 4 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 5 + 3) =
  • 36
  • Free+Pit Fighter+Combat Tested+Brutal+Living Weapon+Fast+Hard+2
  • Wed Aug 9, 2017 3:51 am
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The snickering man again runs his eyes over the two women in the brig, but can't believe what he sees as, in a blur, Naomi's fist rockets towards him with remarkable speed. The man reels backwards and slams into the wall between two cells, then slumps. As his head collides with the steel, he's knocked unconscious. The remaining prisoners look to each other, blink, then quickly take several steps back. On the one hand, it's clear they have some semblance of gratitude for being released, but it's also evident they will no longer dare trifle with the team.

Key noted!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Naomi Bishop[Dice Pool: 6/8 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 2]

Naomi doesn't give the unconscious man or his lackies even a nod, only keeps herself between the bunch and Natasha as they all exit the brig and head towards the other portions of the ship.

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The team exits the brig up the stairs to the hallway from which Jeram and the lady marine came just moments prior. There is a long hallway grounded by gunmetal grating and several corridors leading left and right. The end of the hallway leads to another stairwell, leading upwards.

On the right side of the hallway is a set of very heavy-looking double-doors. No hinges are visible in the hallway, so it likely opens outwards into another larger area.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

As the group heads away from the cells and to the main door Kale keeps playing the scene of Naomi punching the thug out in his mind, <siiiiighhh> I think I'm in love. Snapping out of his revelry at the door Kale pauses with the key card and ident chip, We all ready?

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Flying the Coop
Natasha Syri

Natasha moves next to the wall and smiles. "Engineering, here we come."

Then she turns to Naomi, "Why haven't we gotten arrested and broken out of prison before? That was so much more fun than... other things."

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Naomi Bishop[Dice Pool: 6/8 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 2]

Naomi smirks at Natasha's comment, then whispers something she hopes only Lady Blackbird can hear.

Well, I am sure with you current destination and person in mind, we'll have more chances for that.

She watches impatiently as Kale unlocks the doors. It probably is faster, in the long run, to open doors this way, but it feels so much slower and less...personal than punching through them.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha Syri

Natasha tries to suppress a grin. "I hadn't thought about it that way. Now it sounds like an even worse idea.

"I love it!"


As she continues standing while waiting for the door to be overcome, "I don't love being in the middle of a hallway in the middle of a ship in the middle of nowhere. Let's get to the bowels of nowhere posthaste."

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The key card slips into the door panel with no resistance. Several clicks and buzzes are heard in what seem to be a complex locking mechanism. After about fifteen or twenty pregnant seconds, the seam between the doors begins to expand and the way is opened before the team.

Everyone can see what looks like another corridor, though it extends about twenty feet before turning into an extended walkway over a large room filled with thrumming machinery. Anyone looking around the corner over the walkway would see huge turbines and pistons working various impressive pieces of moving equipment.

At the far end of the walkway, three burly marines, much like Jeram, stand there poised for action.

"There they are! Just like we heard on the com!

YOU THERE, HALT!"


You all just walked into Engineering.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Snargle


"Snargle knew! Snargle knew! Warship!" gurgles Snargle pointing at the marines as he begins to flush red again and expand. He ducks behind the punisher doxie. "We woken up the wrong passengers now. Why everyone finding this a giggle caper? They kill us sure if they collar us! This all lick an' promise! Put spoke in wheel," he hisses. It wasn't fair. All these Imps were tooled up good. Be different one on one in a dark engine bay... Snargle clacked his teeth and flicked out his claws.

Snargle hopes they can get to the Owl. He feels a hell of a lot braver piloting its thick iron hull with a pounder gun turret backing him up. Then he'd show these Imp navvies some lush moves and pound a round one into their tailpipe...


[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Staring down at the guards Kale's stunned reverie is broken by Snargle's outburst, A dark bay? Good idea! And with that Kale draws on the mystic powers found in the cloud eddied and plunges the far side of the room into darkness.

Kale uses his Darkness sorcery/mystic ability

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The marines shout something about "damn magic" and the sound of uncertain boot treads on the walkway echo towards the team.

Kale's quick sorcery buys the team a few seconds to react/flee/attack etc...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Seeing the darkness hit Kale grabs the Cap'ns arm and pulls sideways into the machinery of engineering while mouthing the word "MOOOOOVVVVEEEE" and whispering a 'little too loudly' Quick back inside, we can catch them in the cross passages!

Quiet, sneak, hide, darkness 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 = (1) + (6) + (1) + (2) = 10

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1131547. Jethreal
  • 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (1) + (6) + (1) + (2) =
  • 10
  • Quiet, sneak, hide, darkness
  • Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:29 pm
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Naomi Bishop[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 2]

Naomi reacts quickly, forcefully grabbing Natasha and following Kale into the engineering quarter, putting herself between her ward and the marines.

Dice+Ex-Slave+Sneak+Hide 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 = (1) + (2) + (6) + (2) = 11


Yikes...perhaps the people we're protecting can be extra careful to help us be sneakier...





4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1131582. rwayfarer
  • 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (1) + (2) + (6) + (2) =
  • 11
  • Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:00 pm
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale and Naomi both act with best intentions but can't move fast enough to take advantage of the darkness obscuring the marines. Lots of shouting can be heard from the darkness, and two befuddled marines step out and raise their rifles to take aim at Snargle and Cyrus, still fully visible on the base of the walkway. The third marine runs forward and trips due to the darkness. She stumbles forward and slams into one of her comrades, knocking him over the edge of the walkway. He falls about fifteen feet with a yelp and lands on a control panel of some sort. Several klaxons sound and two frantic eingineers run to intervene.

Kale and Naomi run sideways into the access hallways on the right side of the walkway's base. Another hapless engineer is at the other end, dressed in a heavy leather coat and wearing a set of visors. He panics at seeing Kale and without thinking, hits him in the face with the heavy spanner in his hand (Kale now has the Injured condition). Kale keeps going and pushes the engineer over, who recovers and flees.

Naomi and Natasha struggle to keep their footing as they feel the whole airship shudder under them, lined up with the timing of the marine falling onto the engineering controls.

Gunshots ring out, but the marine on the walkway is the one who slumps and falls to the floor as a result. The shots came from behind the team. The sketchy prisoner who has been decked by Naomi stands there with Jeram's rifle in his hand. He spits and grumbles an unintelligible oath. Two other unarmed prisoners are with him, followed by a wild, fiercely dangerous-looking man behind them--the boss from the locked cell.

"Some wool-headed plan of yours, letting the whole ship know you're headed to Engineering as a ruse, then bursting through here anyway. What, did you think these heavy reinforced double doors led to the toilets?"

He grunts, then nods to the other prisoners and the lot runs on down the original corridor.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale emerges from the machinery holding his shoulder, Do you think we could find the Owl now sir? he winces as he proceeds to grab the fallen spanner he'd been clubbed with and begins to adjust the warship, trying to first slow its engines dramatically, and then to mess with its steering.

Mechanic, engines, efficiency, sabotage plus 3 dice from pool 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 = (3) + (6) + (6) + (3) + (5) + (3) + (6) = 32

[Dice Pool: 3/7 | Conditions: Injured | XP: 0][/q]
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1132180. Jethreal
  • 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (3) + (6) + (6) + (3) + (5) + (3) + (6) =
  • 32
  • Mechanic, engines, efficiency, sabotage plus 3 dice from pool
  • Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:25 am
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Cyrus Vance

The captain whistles after the encounter with the prisoners. "Yeah," he says to Kale, "that's probably a good idea."

He motions at Snargle. "Don't forget about that paste. Block some of these doors behind us."

With that, he starts walking toward a small passageway connecting to the larger. The maintenance corridor that leads to the docking bays.

[Dice Pool: 4/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 1]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Snargle


Snargle makes a flamboyant salute and proceeds to smear the root paste on the door while thinking, "Hope we don't have to scarper back this way, capitain," Snargle shakes his head. He don't like the ways the capitain has been running the ship. Noooo."Hang on till Nightport or the Remnants, cully. Might be time to source new berth... yeeesss. Capitain more interested in doxies than profit lately. Might be time to jump crates..."

Snargle finishes blocking the door and licks some of the paste off his fingers. Not bad...


[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]



4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale:
You've done some serious tinkering with the fuel and air pressure controls--what effect does this have on the Hand of Sorrow? Do you linger to take anything from the engineering section?

Snargle:
You apply the paste without issue, but is that the best you can do?

Anyone may act.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Shocking Developments

Natasha Syri

Natasha mutters to herself quietly 'Who puts such a sensitive part of the ship next to the brig?

She notes how quickly two things happen. First, Naomi getting between her and danger, and second, the crew jumping to try and correct any problem here in Engineering.

Next to the walkway, she sees the giant cables running along the wall that carry power across the ship. Which also means, they connect to that power source.

She whispers over Naomi's shoulder, "Which do you think they'll prioritize, stopping us, or saving their ship?"

Her mind reflects back on the classes that were required of someone of her upbringing, including the science and engineering that had always fascinated her. Of course, her family wasn't going to let her focus on such things, not when there were balls and dances to prepare for. It was part of the appeal of Uriah, he saw the benefits of such things. Still, it only took one experiment showing what happened when you overloaded machinery to get the lesson to stick. Being this close to the power core, these lines should already be at capacity.

She reaches around Naomi to grab a crowbar from its spot at the junction of the walkway.

"This might get bright... and loud..."

She drops the crowbar down among the machinery. Then, she begins to channel the power of lightning. She gathers as much power as she can hold, so much she still can't believe she doesn't visibly glow. Then, in one burst releases the energy, focusing it into the crowbar, and from there, the surrounding machines.

Master Sorcerer, Spellcaster, Channeling, Lightning, Imperial Noble, Science, 2 from Dice Pool

8d6img -> (3 + 4 + 6 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 2) ->
= 29 [+]


[Dice Pool: 5/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1132406. dragontrainer
  • 8d6img =
  • (3 + 4 + 6 + 3 + 5 + 2 + 4 + 2) =
  • iid:2631632 iid:2631631 iid:2631629 iid:2631632 iid:2631630 iid:2631633 iid:2631631 iid:2631633 = 29
  • Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:59 pm
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
? Kale Arkam ?

Kale smiles warmly, gives the cap'n a wink and whispers to Snargle, Snargle, She'll run at about 1/2 speed and she'll list to port so stay on her starboard side where she'll turn wide when we run. And then, there's a loud bang from something Natasha's done!

[Dice Pool: 3/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha and Cyrus ought to know that the Imperials are a haughty lot, and their methods reinforce their self-entitled superiority complex. They wield great power, yes, but they underestimate their enemies.

Surely, no prisoners could escape the brig.

Surely, no one could access Engineering except carded personnel.

Surely, motley runaways wouldn't know how to tamper with Imperial machinery.

Hollow assumptions, all.

The primary guidance of the Hand of Sorrow was altered as soon as the shoved marine fell to his serious injury onto multiple control panels, then Kale rerouted fuel lines to only the right half of the ship. Adding to this, Natasha's searing arc of lightning crackles through the machinery hub below the mezzanine and all of the lights in Engineering glow ultra-bright and then cut out altogether. A soft orange glow replaces the standard white of the primary lights--these must be emergency lights of a fashion. The smell of ozone fills the room and a few half-hearted yelps are heard below. The few remaining engineers in the rest of the bay flee.

Two lurching blows seems to pound the ship from within. Everything starts leaning to the right, though not enough for lost footing. Weak klaxons sound outside of the room, and confused shouting echoes down the corridors on either side, with a single gunshot punctuating the din.



Andy, as an addendum to our earlier conversation about rolling against multiple traits, I can justify that if you're trying two different things or two separate parts of one larger action, but RAW state that multiple traits are unable to be used for a single roll (in this case, one magic-focused task). Natasha's lightning show is still effective without the extra two dice from Imperial Noble and Science, but they don't count here.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
? Kale Arkam ?

As the crew prepares to leave Kale looks at the spanner, frowns, and then see's something shiny. It's a plaque on the wall, polished brash, and reads "Hand of Sorrow Est. <what is it's date GM?> and like a whip Kale unbolts it and stuffs it up his shirt with a wide grin.

Kale hits Key of Greed
[Dice Pool: 3/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 1]
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] |