Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
455 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

Lady Blackbird» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: A Small Part of the Pantomime [IC] rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Cyrus Vance

[Dice Pool: 5/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]

Cyrus silently grabs the pistol from the floor and tosses it to his right hand, then scowls as Jeram starts walking away.

Can't. Let. Them. Take. Her.

He nods at the remaining people in the cell and bullrushes the guard to knock him over. Hopefully the element of surprise will be enough.

1d6 + (Run, Tough, Battle-Hardened, +2 Dice Pool) 6d6img -> (3 + 2 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 6) ->
= 21 [+]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1128388. jasonpanella
  • 6d6img =
  • (3 + 2 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 6) =
  • iid:2631632 iid:2631633 iid:2631630 iid:2631632 iid:2631633 iid:2631629 = 21
  • 1d6 + (Run, Tough, Battle-Hardened, +2 Dice Pool)
  • Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:38 am
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Seeing the Captain rush the guard, Kale shakes his head slightly and rushes after him to help take the guard out.

lending a die to help Cyrus, edits for leaving in junk from quoting my previous response.
Take 'm out! 1d6 = (6) = 6

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1128390. Jethreal
  • 1d6 =
  • (6) =
  • 6
  • Take 'm out!
  • Fri Aug 4, 2017 12:46 am
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Naomi Bishop[Dice Pool: 8/8 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]

Naomi seethes inwardly being so close to the gun of the Imp, but she waits for her moment to spring on him, comfortable in Natasha's deception. She liked her employer for just such craftiness, even if it wasn't her style.

As Cyrus and Kale rush Jerem, Naomi goes for the door she'd blown off the hinges, propping it up like a shield, clentching her firsts and moving to position herself between Lady Blackbird and the now in-combat Jerem

Free Dice + Bodyguard + Defend + Carry + Threats1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 = (6) + (3) + (5) + (6) + (3) = 23

Stay behind me, Natasha, she says. That scum will be down in a moment.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1128462. rwayfarer
  • 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 + 1d6 =
  • (6) + (3) + (5) + (6) + (3) =
  • 23
  • Fri Aug 4, 2017 4:59 am
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeram grunts another muffled sound as he turns back around after facing Natasha. Raising his rifle towards Cyrus' oncoming rush, he doesn't account for the lithe reflexes of Kale popping up from the ground and his gun goes sailing out of his hands and falls down a service duct in the far corner of the brig. Kale's quick move causes Jeram to stumble forward and with a sickening crack, his neck breaks under Cyrus' weight coming down on his shoulders rather than in his chest, as planned.

Naomi lugs the door in front of Natasha and gets her out of the way of the sudden fracas.

Snargle, stricken, winces at the injury of the lady marine and the death of Jeram. Sighing, he runs forward and starts to drag the bodies into the cell, out of immediate eyesight of anyone else coming into the room.



Excellent RP already! One thing that really attracted me to this game was the Key system, wherein characters can gain XP by operating on their narrative motivations.

+1 XP for Cyrus for Key of Hidden Longing
+1 XP for Naomi for Key of the Guardian

(If you think you've acted on these in your posts, go ahead and say so in OOC tags)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha:
What do you think about Cyrus and Kale, the "scoundrels" you hired to transport you, killing a man to defend you?

Kale:
Despite your aim to complete the mission at hand, have you considered stealing anything from Natasha? She seems a bit wealthier than normal fares, after all.

Everyone:
Based on what you saw on your way aboard the Hand of Sorrow, how far are you from The Owl?

Does it make more sense to find supplies and armaments first, or head straight for escape?

You're aboard a very important Imperial airship--is your current situation an opportunity to sabotage the Imperial Navy?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - That Works Too
Natasha Syri

Natasha watches as Jerem slumps down. "You should have shot them... she says to the corpse. "Of course, I wasn't really talking to you. Besides, I've always rather liked Snargle."

She puts a hand on Naomi's shoulder, "I don't know what I'd do without you. Nice work. And a fine choice for shipmates, they're every bit as resourceful and thorough as you described.

"It felt like we didn't walk all that far once we got off the lift, so I'm guessing we're somewhere in the middle of this hulk."


She looks at the body of the downed woman from before. "We should either bring her along, or stash her somewhere that she can't come after us. She may come looking for that kiss."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale nods his head in agreement with Natasha and pauses to give Naomi a wink when the kiss is mentioned, They always do madame, always.

He then proceeds to do a few "housekeeping" items.
First he cracks the com case and yanks out a fistful of wires, then he quickly searches the guards and tosses the Cap'n the keys and ident wafers. And lastly he finds a notepad on the guards desk and writes a quick note which he tucks into the female guards jacket pocket. Snargle I don't suppose you could squeeze down there and retrieve that gun? I'm never quite sure just how malleable you are. Then he casually grabs the pipe off the floor and polishes out a small scratch.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The note reads, think of me fondly... XO



[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Cyrus Vance

[Dice Pool: 5/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 1]

Yeah, Cyrus was definitely acting on that Key. They were trying to take Natasha!

As Jeram's body settles into a tangle on the floor, he grits his teeth. He was hoping it could just subdue the man, wrestle the longarm from him, and then maybe knock him unconscious or at least tie him up. But then Kale came out of nowhere, and...he probably was just moving too fast. What has gotten into his head?


"Sorry, friend,"
Cyrus says to the body."Didn't mean for it to end that way."

To Natasha, he nods. "Nice work back there," then, to everyone else. "All of you."

He looks at the unconscious woman on the floor. "I wonder if bringing her along will end up being more trouble than its worth."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale looks at the captain with a raised eyebrow, what has gotten into the man??? I send him a perfectly good gun, and then he TACKLES the guard with the OVERLY LARGE GUN, now he's thinking of prisoners???? Good thing I'm here to watch his back. Kale coughs lightly Umm, sir? That's why i ruined the comm and took the keys, I figured we could you know, leave her here and... lock the door, it is a brig after after all, I'm sure the outer door is pretty heavy duty as well...

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens next?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Exit Strategy
Natasha Syri

Natasha nods at Kales suggestion. "No need to kill her. At least for us; I can't say what they'll do to her when they find we got out.

"Let's find if one of those IDs give access to a terminal. We can find some schematics, and get off this boat. This damsel is done being distressed."


[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale looks again at Natasha, somethings up with this one, she's far more together than I'd expect from a simple fare, the cut of her jacket a little to well done, and she has what I can only assume is the prettiest bodyguard this side of the cloud seas. Cap'ns been keeping me busy below this trip too, probly thinks I'll "borrow" something. Not that I'd ever do that to the Cap'n, hard to get work when the cargo goes missing. She's right though... Whatever we do, we best be quick about it, I'd like to be long gone by the time the shift changes.

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Naomi Bishop[Dice Pool: 8/8 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 1]

Naomi looks down at Jerem without the least bit of pity for the man.

Honestly, we've already killed one, we might as well kill the woman, too. She saw our faces just like the rest...not that they won't know it is us once we get the Owl out of here again. She looks at the unconscious woman for a few long seconds, obviously restraining herself from killing her.

Then Naomi shrugs and puts down the door/shield. She examines the other prison doors, looking in at whomever else might be with them in the brig.

After seeing several occupied cells, she whispers to the Natasha and Cyrus. Perhaps we can free some others, too, give ourselves some cover?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Snargle


"Die is cast! Die is cast! No turn back now. Must run! Imp barge full of marines. Not just one!" says Snargle pointing at Jerem who he has just dragged into the cell. Now that the fighting has started Snargle has gone a deep shade of red and started to expand again which answers Kale's question about the gun. Soon the goblin pilot will struggle to fit through a bulkhead. He runs behind the bodyguard. "Kill waitress. Be sure she not raise alarm. Then we run to Owl and skedaddle. As for faces... we on monitor before we put in brig? They take and running our ID wafers! IDs fake, names fake - but holograms us? Obviously! That why we need leave! They run register and cross ref on hologram. Wake up!"


[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]



4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi:
Do you kill the marine? Do you suggest someone else do it?

Snargle:
Do you pause to reconsider your intent to kill the defenseless lady marine? What will you do if you run into more marines?

Cyrus:
Everyone else is indecisive--how do you take charge? What do you know about the Hand of Sorrow as an ex-Imperial soldier?
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Cyrus Vance

[Dice Pool: 5/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 1]

At Naomi's suggestion, Cyrus shakes his head. "No. It'll be better to leave her be. Right now, there's one dead guard, which is my fault. The Imperials won't be happy about that. But they will be completely out for blood if two people are dead.

"There are other criminals locked up in the brig. We'll let them out. Imperial protocol is to clean up the problem on the ship first and then go after the most dangerous captives first. I'd wager that we don't fit that bill, at least yet. The crew here will have their hands full taking care of the rampaging escapees while we sneak out of here."

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Snargle


"Kill. Not kill. Decide! Must leave. Time, time!" gibbers Snargle. "Other marines come looking. Soon! Haste, haste!" Snargle looks around worried, his red skin blooming with powder blue blotches at the thought of a squad of armed marines turning up. With fear his frame instinctively begins to shrink in size. "Go, go," squeaks Snargle as his lungs and windpipe shrink and reshape themselves...


[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha Syri

Natasha is in agreement with Snargle and Cyrus. "I like getting out of here and using the other prisoners to cover our escape. Let's go one step further. We let them overhear us saying we're heading for the engine room to cripple this boat. Then, when they're caught, the Imps get sent the wrong way, while we fly out of here.

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale nods enthusiastically at the capn's and Natasha's plan. "Very good sir, I'll just be needing these..." Kale takes the guards keys and ident chip back and proceeds to head down the cell block again. What's that Gerald? We'll rally in engineering? Can take the ship? It's bold, but they'll never see it coming... Kale then begins to hit the switches to open up the cells, and runs back up to the crew. Time to run guys!

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mb
Cyrus Vance

Cyrus smiles at Natasha's plan. "This is excellent. You're the smartest one out of all of us, I believe."

The captain then helps Kale open the doors after his charade, but grabs the man's hand before he releases the last door. Cyrus points to the visual touchpad near the handle, where a name and crime are listed "No. Not him. He stays locked up."

[Dice Pool: 5/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 1]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale reads the name and swallows, Yes sir, quite right sir.

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Snargle


Snargle is overjoyed. At last there is movement and it looks like the group is leaving. Snargle looks around and decides that the iron twirling game doxie called Naomi is a square rigged punisher. Snargle reckoned she had no intention of being knocked into a cocked hat by any Imp navvies. Consequently he stands four square in her wake and watches as the others try to jemmy out some curly wolves and cover the scarper.

"Time to blow this penny gaff show, capitain!" urges Snargle.


[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha, Naomi, and the crew of The Owl can hear angry static buzzing on the small speaker near the stairwell. It's mostly muffled and no one can make out everything being said, but the words "Engineering," "Cut," and "Brig" can be made out.

Several of the prisoners sheepishly duck their heads out of their now-open cells and look around, nodding in familiarity at each other and starting as they see the rest of the team in the brig. One man saunters out and looks Naomi and Natasha up and down, then smirks. He grunts a bit of a chuckle and turns to Cyrus.

"Well, well, innit this just bang up to the elephant, eh gents? You, big man--you the one who doffed this mutton shunter, Jeram, and his little pet lady, huh? You gunna take the egg and let out the boss while you're at it?"

The nameless man nods his head toward the still-locked cell.


4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Snargle


Snargle groans as a surly cove collars the capitain. The goblin catches Naomi with what he hopes is a significant look. He backs it up with a head jerk in the direction of the magsman hauling the sheets of Capitain Vance.

"Early doors is best time to show cocky snapperjack birks just who grinds the penny organ?" suggests Snargle.

Snargle is happy to lend a die should Naomi sort this joker out? Is that right?


[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]



4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You got it, Paul. If someone else wants to act, you can help by giving up a die from your pool and describing how Snargle helps. No fictional grounding, no dice (literally). They then can add that die to their roll without expending their own pool (they can still add from their own pool beyond that etc...). You lose your helping die if their check succeeds, but you get it back if their check fails.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] |