Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
The door to Clifford's Parts Empire is broad--resembling a knocked-out bay window more than a formal doorway. Inside are all manners of metal pieces, industrial tools, clamps, pipe nipples, socket screws, motors, L-key sets, and other mechanical sundries. There is also a taxidermized statue of a large, red dog.

A man in over-large goggles and a greasy apron is milling around behind a big work counter, where half of what appears to be a clockwork android is sitting upright and making snide comments to other employees.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Cyrus Vance

Cyrus gives the android a wary eye. "All right, Kale. You do the talking. But just try to remember what happened the last time we gabbed with one of those things. NO POKING."

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale gives a quick nod, straightens his jacket and saunter/swaggers up to the counter, I don't suppose I'd be able to find a half-decent part or two in this greasy flea market hey?

[Dice Pool: 4/7 | Conditions: | XP: 3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
The be-goggled man turns suddenly, as if surprised to see a customer, and humorously tries to straighten his rumpled, oily apron. "Uh, greasy flea market? Oh, yes. Ah, yes! What--ah, what do you need, ma'am? I mean sir? I, oh, I apologize."

The android makes a mechanized TSK sound and stares daggers at the nervous clerk.

Folks on The Owl, what are you doing now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Now that Naomi and Snargle are back on the ship...Naomi wonders why she came back at all. The trip here was uneventful and Snargle's jabber was unintelligible to her--not because of his goblin slang, but because she knew nothing about the hardware or any of the mechanics.

But, determined not to spend too much time worrying about Natasha and the others' fate, she first tried to lie down, but that was pointless, so she instead asked the computer to pull up whatever it could on breathing in the nether. Maybe if she knew something on the matter next time, she wouldn't feel so infantile around Kale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

Snargle walks back onto the bridge. Freshly scrubbed and clean he has put on his hat and cape. He sits at the controls. "Dox? Put these escape vectors into the navicom. Priority codes Scarlet A, Azure X and Buttercup Q. Shield parameters Theta Gamma," The goblin taps away at the targeting computer. "Fire and roll, Dox. Jig, pummel and weave. Yer know the drill. Put on some choons, Dox. Deep bass." Snargle begins to hum.

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 2]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

[COLOR=#6666ff][b]Weeeellll, my buddy told me to head over to Barry’s to find what I need but that’s a little out of my way, you know what I mean, I’m Looking for a wiring harness and a fuel gauge assembly.

Oh! And do you have any sweet sky-squid decayed jackets?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi tasks through the broad library on the little smuggling ship and finds all sorts of information about breathing in the Great Blue and many related topics on the Nether. She also comes across some sort of public service announcement set to music, but she can't understand the dialect spoken therein. Still, she replays it two or three times because it's so catchy and relaxing.

Meanwhile, the remainder of the ship thrums with powerful force as all of the engines and computers rev up at Snargle's commands to Daisy Dox.

Am I to assume you'd like to launch for contact with Flint's ship?

The half-finished Android just shakes its head on the table behind the counter at the parts shop. The be-aproned man stammers for a moment, then lifts a patient finger and mills around a large standing cabinet against the back wall. He brings back just what Kale is looking for, then points to his apron. "D-decayed jackets? Sure. I have l-lots of sky-squid material here. You, ah, want a logo or something?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Decayed....!!! Well there's no going back now... Yeah, a jacket patch, something like a SkySquild eating an Imperial Cruiser, you know, something bada**

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

"Bring the engines up to idle, Dox. Keep them tickin' over," Snargle gets up. "Okesy. Programmed some jinks in. Like t'see the pilot o' Flint's ship foller 'em if we 'ave t' skedaddle... Lets get back outside. We can meet the Capitain and wait fer Flint," says Snargle. The goblin smooths his cape and sets his hat. "If yer gonna kill anyone money thug try 'n' get Dunder in't crossfire..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
The man behind the counter nervously nods, and smiles. "S-sure thing. I have something quite s-similar in the back, actually. Please hold." The half-constructed android shakes its head and makes a TSK TSK sound.

Snargle, you have a good idea where Kale and Cyrus would have headed, and you and the others can make it there without much issue. What do you pass along the way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Cyrus Vance

Cyrus grins at Kale. "Hope you only plan on getting one jacket. Though Snarggle might want one to wear on his head.."

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Ewww
❖ Natasha Syri ❖

Natasha looks over with a bit of disdain and whispers, "Those are just for a joke, right? You don't mean to actually wear them?"

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 2]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Some tweaks the back of Kale's mind as the shopkeep nervously leaves, hey, you don't suppose that Mr. D left something here for us like he did Snarg at the bar do you....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bored with all the sciency stuff and warnings--she didn't put much stock in warnings of any kind--Naomi decides to get back to work...if there is any to be done around here that she can help with.

She checks the windows, looking outside to make sure they are still safe in port, not being observed while they prepare for...well, she wasn't exactly sure what Snargle was up to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

"Okay Dox. Resume secure perimeter an' lock up after us?" Snargle gets up and heads out of the Owl. "Think Kale 'as gone to th'outfitters," says Snargle. The goblin walks towards the Mercantile. "They'll 'ave t' come back this way. We cans meet up..."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

"Wait...wait...Snargle, where are you going? We can't go out there looking for them when they're expecting us to be here. You know I'm not one to shy away from danger, but the quickest way for a plan to fall apart is for one person to depart from it.

Besides, I don't trust that the Owl isn't being watched--and you especially."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
The man comes back with a large, greased-black jacket. He holds it up and turns it around so you can see the back. "T-this is what I have one h-hand. Two more available in similar sizing."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale frowns frustratedly, and plants his hands on the counter slightly wider that his shoulders, leaning forward, that's not a sky-squid! What are you trying to pull here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
"I, uh, well this isn't exactly my primary l-line of business, sir."

The android begins chittering in cutting words of a language you don't recognize, and the man flinches at them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Pfft, fine then, I guess we’ll take the parts and be on our way, knew we shoulda gone to the other place but noooo had to come here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - New Threads

❖ Natasha Syri ❖

Natasha moves towards Kale and mouths, 'play along' and raises her voice, continuing to get closer as she starts berating him "You told me they'd have what we need.

"Can't you do anything right?

"Drag me in here? You're always wasting me time.

"I'm getting something out of this."

Turning to the android she states flatly, "My wardrobe needs a new look. He'll take all three."

Then she picks one up and puts it on.

"Now we can match."

She waits to see if Kale pays for and dons a jacket. If not she adds angrily, "I said match!"

Then she heads out of the shop, moving quickly, but not so fast that Kale couldn't catch up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale's eyes grow bigger and bigger and his head sinks lower and lower as his shoulders slump dejectedly, but I

no, well yes, I mean

can't we?

but

ummm?

yes ma'am

Kale grabs the parts and jackets and trudges out bravely to face his mom Natasha.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Sartorial Schemer
❖ Natasha Syri ❖

Natasha looks for a secluded corner to continue her "berating" of Kale. She waits until she's confident no one can hear her lowered voice, but keeps up the animated theatrics for any that may be watching (and the enjoyment factor shouldn't be underrated).

"I don't trust those androids. If we're not being watched already, someone may come asking questions, and those assembly line rejects are going to talk.

"Now, they'll be looking for us in our new, "stylish", jackets. We might be able to use that to our advantage. Wear it with pride.

"And, Naomi may look pretty good in one, don't you think?"
She punctuates the comment with a quick twirl, showing off the fit.

"Until then, you had ideas of other places we could get the stuff we need?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale is pretty confident he has everything necessary for all-around repairs, excepting some final circuitry updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  15 , 16 , 17 , 18 , 19  Next »  [19] |