Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmb
Something definitely looks weird here, but Kale can't quite figure it out--everything still has the bizarre sunless light of gaslamps and electric diodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Naomi Bishop[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 4]

At the sight of people enjoying all these bourgeois comforts, she gets quite uncomfortable. Not because she didn't know they exsisted--there were plenty of fighters in the Pits to talk about the unfairness of their lives to those who live in comfort--but because they didn't seem to care about anything. Even here, she was already (albeit indirectly through her new friends) being targeted for danger. She knew full well--it was, after all, her new profession--that even the wealthy needed to guard themselves.

But that couple reading together, someone could have a dagger in their back without them even knowing. She was on guard, she was prepared. As were her companions, but seeing so many people not even thinking about exit strategies made her feel, suddenly, like everyone around her was unpredictable. And that was the most frightening thing of all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

"Blimey riley. They 'as cleaned it up ain't they? I mean this was always the nobby bit but that just mean't yer wuz less likely t' get stabbed?" agrees Snargle to Kale. "I don't like it. It just ain't Nightport. Us all might struggle to find a flick player?"

[Dice Pool: 6/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 2]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmb
Still lit by eerie gaslamps, this part of town does look rather swanky. Far more swanky than anyone would expect for a literally-sunless moon devoted mostly to contraband and trafficking. Two men in long brown tweed coattails stand just off to the right of the group, smoking cigarettes. They look at you multiple times--never quite losing interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kale’s starting to get a little wigged out by the changes to this section of town and tugs the capn’s sleeve, we should get a move on hey? Maybe try the Library? Kale starts to sweat a little as the face of a man burning up from the inside briefly flashes across his vision, nope, not a good thing when Kale gets wiggy.

[Dice Pool: 4/7 | Conditions: | XP: 3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Cyrus Vance

Cyrus eyes the men eyeing the crew. "Yeah, Kale. That's a good idea." The captain starts to carefully head toward the library.

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

Snargle waves at the two coat-tails. "Hey slack-jaws? We is goin' ter the library? Might want ter make a note on each others foreheads so yers don't forget? Them coffin nails is bad fer yer 'ealth. Yer can stick 'ere 'oldin' 'ands. We won't be long." The goblin follows the capitain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Joking is Fundamental
❖ Natasha Syri ❖

Natasha stifles a laugh at the clear unease of the crew. 'Stare down and torch a notorious killer? No problem. Enter a library? Terror.' she thinks to herself.

She practically skips up the steps to enter the library, for one of the few times on this trek, feeling comfortable with the surroundings.

Playfully, she warns Naomi, "Be on guard when opening some of the books, they may employ their dust defense mechanisms."

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 2]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmb
You make your way to the library, which is stuck somewhere between the understandable grime of a dark moon and the apparent attempts at some local gentrification. The inside is actually very well-lit, making for a more normal-seeming environment, all things considered. The walls look like they're made of burnished metal, and the ceilings are tall and textured in what might be analogous to tin art. There are broad rows of shelves to the right, several doors against the back wall, and an attendant's desk to the left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Manners are Everything
❖ Natasha Syri ❖

Natasha walks to the attendant, smiling.

"Excuse me, would you point us towards the microfilm readers please?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmb
The man behind the desk, wearing a sloppy bow-tie, looks up from cleaning a greasy pince-nez. He reaffixes it to its perch on his nose, then wordless points to the far side of the shelves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Help a Librarian Out
❖ Natasha Syri ❖

Natasha smiles again,

"Most appreciated sir."

She waits for the others to move in that direction and then discretely mentions to the gentleman, "You have a little bit of salad in your teeth, I wanted to make sure you knew in case your coworkers are not kind enough to tell you."

Natasha then moves towards the microfilm readers as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

"'Ere we is, Capitain! Let's see what they left us? Let's 'ope it's sumfink we can patch us a deal wiv', eh?" Snargle points excitedly at the reader banks. The goblin's skin flushes a deep golden colour in anticipation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmb
Whoa, sorry I forgot to post here a while back!

Cyrus realizes it's pretty easy to use the film reader. The machine whirrs a moment, then spits out a printed page with clipped text:

"Flint to arrive 3rd. Blackbird en route. Prunk dead. Await instructions. Snag the Goblin in the know. Dunder."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

"Snag! Can't even get me name right the dimpwick!" Snargle flushes purple in outrage. "Flint? He must mean the reaver! 'E makes Prunk look like 'e were a flower arranger! Let's scarper quick, capitain! 'Oos Blackbird? Flint's ship?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Cyrus Vance

"'Blackbird'? I have no idea. But I don't think it's his ship. It's something more...manly, if I recall correctly. But yeah, we should probably beat feet back to The Owl. "

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 3]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Naomi Bishop[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 4]

Naomi chuckles at the snag/snargle comment.

Perhaps it's a new ship. Perhaps it's the assassin sent for us. Either way, if Flint is the one we're here to find, then there is no use running. Perhaps laying low until we figure out what this Blackbird is. Or maybe a way to intercept Flint first? Warn him that someone is laying in wait for him?

Natasha, do we have any way of contacting Flint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Lying Through Her Well Cared For Teeth
❖ Natasha Syri ❖

Natasha winces slightly,

"News of Prunk's rather timely death travels fast."

She turns to Snargle, "You saw how easily Prunk went down in his blaze of glory. I'm convinced you'd have no problem with Flint either.

"When I was studying up for this bounty hunting gig, I came across some rumors that Flint stole some new engine tech from a crazy old professor that lost his job researching some fusion inhibiting beam. Turning off a star isn't considered 'acceptable' research these days. Doesn't seem like something that should get you fired, but who knows. Maybe we could ask the daughter of the University President that he was sleeping with if she has any insights?

"He came up with this energy dampening something or other which can make an engine run a lot more efficiently - the Thermoster - or some such. Keeps the heat in, or the cold of space out... I don't know, I'm sure Snargle can explain it to us.

"So anyway, word has it that some special wavelength of gamma rays were emitted. So if you got close enough to his ship, and knew what you were looking for, you may be able to track it."

She takes a breath.

"Sounds like we now know when he's to arrive, so if he's using this Thermoster, we may be able to find him before anyone else."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

Kael’s ears perk up at the mention of new engine tech, you mean professor Shantler got it too work? Man i’d Love to get a hold of those specs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

Snargle looks a little confused. "Snargle fly?" says the goblin his hands held out in front of him in a seesaw fashion. "Pilot. Kale the propulsion expert?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha - Lady Blackbird - Sure, Why Not?
❖ Natasha Syri ❖

Natasha glances over at Kale,

"Flint has apparently installed something new, and I doubt it's a coffee maker.

"If we can catch him before Dunder, you can ask all about it. I agree with getting back to The Owl, we won't be detecting any gamma rays down here."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam

There was something about gamma rays.... Kale couldn’t quite place it though, was it a big bad hulking problem or something really good? Hmmm that’s true, with the atmos all hazed up we’re better off world to scan for those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

Snargle patches in to The Owl on his commlink. "Daisy Dox?" says the goblin concerned. "Come in? This is Snargle priority alpha. Status update requested."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmb
Music floods the comm, loud enough for everyone to hear, and multiple library-goers turn to SHHHHH! you audibly. The music cuts out, and the flat voice of the ship’s computer comes through—”Radar detects nothing irregular. Circuit box still fritzy. Leisure systems at full operational value.”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb

Snargle

Snargle sighs relieved. "Roger that, Dox. Increase perimeter scans. We is expectin' gawkers. Can yer monitor public channels for incoming spacecraft? Flag anythin' that's creatin' a real buzz? On our way back. Put the kettle on there's a love," says the goblin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  14 , 15 , 16 , 17 , 18  Next »  [19] |