Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Push Cubes. Blow Stuff Up.
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ, have you decided between Natasha and Naomi? That choice, either way, will make it easier for Andy and Jason to snag the remaining characters as they choose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I choose: 1custom2{Natasha;Naomi} -> ( Naomi) -> ( Naomi)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1124209. rwayfarer
  • 1custom2{Natasha;Naomi} =
  • ( Naomi) =
  • ( Naomi)
  • I choose:
  • Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:31 pm
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
All right, I'm back! (woohoo!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
The power of custom GeekRolls wins again.

So we have Cyrus and Natasha left unless anyone jumps ship.

Jason? Andy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I think either would be OK, but I'm leaning a little more toward Cyrus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then I'm leaning towards Natasha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aight, unless there is further discussion (which is fine!), I show the following:

Russ: Naomi
Jeff: Kale
Paul: Snargle
Andy: Natasha
Jason: Cyrus

I recommend grabbing the specific character sheets from the link at the top of the first post and getting to know the characterization as a snapshot--obviously your vision of these characters is what will really matter in the long run.

I've played with all of you in part before, but not all of you have played together. Let's take a brief moment to introduce ourselves and then we can dig into the prep for the IC and get things rolling.

I'm Jim, father of two little kids (Son--Theodore/Ted, two years old; Daughter--Penelope/Penny, two months old), happily married to Anastasia who beats me regularly at any and all board games, dude-at-a-desk at a normal rank-and-file job for a big corporation, member of Redeemer Church, lifelong resident of Northeast Ohio, and unquenchable beer lover. I'm also a serious PbF addict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
Do we use both character sheets, Jim or is the second one like a GM reference sheet?

I'm Paul. Married, no kids. I'm 'a bit' of everything else. A bit old, a bit blind, a bit deaf, a bit fat, a bit bald. A bit amusing if the wind is in the right direction. I work in MI and Financial Management. I live in the birthplace of the Industrial Revolution, where the atom was first split and the world's greatest football team play. Forged in the crucible of creativity and wrought upon the anvil of industry: I am Mancunian. I like beer too and do 'a bit' of YouTube. I play PbF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Withywindle wrote:
Do we use both character sheets, Jim or is the second one like a GM reference sheet?
You gents, as players, just need the first set of sheets (one page each) with the fancier formatting for the name. The rest is GM reference, yes. One additional page to peruse is that with the "additional" keys etc... just as fodder for later in the game. For simplicity's sake, though, you just need the corresponding sheet from the first part of the PDF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all, I'm Jeff. I'm a Canadian living in the southern part of Alberta. I work in sales and design and am on the younger side of 40, but not by much. I like coffee. I like coffee. I really like coffee, and I'm a sometimes artist, sometimes musician, you can find me on instagram at oldguydoodles.

For rpg stuff I played AD&D waaaay back as a kid and a bunch of the others that came out, superhero, war, etc ones, leaving it all behind and just returning this year thanks to the newbie pbf initiative.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Panella
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
This sounds like a lot of fun!

Hi everyone, I'm Jason. I live about 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh, Pa., in the U.S. I'm married, no kids (yet). I work for a church-based non-profit that works with disaster relief and projects in the developing world...I do a bit of writing and donor relations. I've been an on-and-off RPG gamer since I was a young teen in the early '90s, though I never *really* got into playing until a few years ago. I'm an avid board game nut, and I love cooking, fine spirits and beers, animals, playing music, and reading.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi all!

Call me Russ. I am a Californian living in Texas, where I teach Literature and Writing at a university here. Married, one kid. I don't drink, but I love the idea of craft beers. I like cooking a lot and I have recently gotten into making my own water kefir/probiotic sodas. Love board games. Been doing PbF for a little over a year now, though I did some RPG games in high school, but not since
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Andy. I grew up in Nebraska, went to school there and Minnesota, and am now in the Buffalo area. I am married with two kids and work as a R&D Chemical Engineer.

I went from playing Magic, to playing boardgames, and a few years back started playing RPGs here via PbF. I'd played some D&D in the past, but 5e (especially here on RPGGeek) is my most played version. I also do some competitive improvisational comedy, and back too many Kickstarters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned before that it's probably not worth keeping a separate geeklist of character sheets for this game, since there is not a lot of actionable information which will change much in order to track from post to post. Eventually, with advances, you might add new information to your characters such as new traits, keys, or secrets. I've a mind to have that info simply included in your posts for quick reference, since we'll all have the same rules available for easy reference. I recommend shaping your posts with quick tags for use whenever you contribute, such as the following example.

Natasha Syri

"IC Text Color"

[Dice Pool: 7/7 | Conditions: N/A | XP: 0]

Should additional secrets, traits etc... be added, I think a one-word addition to that tag would suffice, then we can quickly scan the pdf for reference. It's up to you guys, really--I just don't see this game requiring the amount of bookkeeping as a bigger RPG, really. A tag like the one I made above can be easily copied from post to post using QuickQuote, or you can get really fancy and use the power of JavaScript in QuickLinks to insta-populate the info into a new post.

javascript:{emoticon(document.MESSAGEFORM.body,'')};void(0);

If anyone is interested, I can show you how to format that in a QuickLink for one-click posting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
IC Thread is up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
https://www.youtube.com/c/Catweazle00
badge
CatWeazle
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jim,

Warp Shape. Does this mean any shape, any humanoid shape or just variations on a goblin shape?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I take it to be any humanoid shape, but still a bit goblin-esque. Admittedly, this is entirely open to interpretation. I trust that your use of the ability will not break the game in any outlandish way, Paul, so go with your instinct.

Magic and magical things are clearly present in the Wild Blue, though there is no clunky set of rules or regulations for it in the universe. It strikes me as a bit more folksy and organic than other magic systems (I hesitate to even call it a "system" in this game).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
I followed this car for twenty minutes on my commute home today.

Jethreal wrote:
I'm Jeff. I'm a Canadian living in the southern part of Alberta.
Jeff, was it you?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Woodman
Canada
Coaldale
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Boo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Annowme wrote:
I followed this car for twenty minutes on my commute home today.
Jeff, was it you?!

Maayyyybeeee

but no, it would have been cool to meet you though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy and Russ, did you see that the in-character thread was posted?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy W
United States
Wheatfield
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, opening posts are always the longest for me to decide on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
dragontrainer wrote:
Sorry, opening posts are always the longest for me to decide on.
No worries, Andy, I just wanted to make sure you saw the other thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, been away for the weekend. Getting back into things. Schedule in general should clear up by the end of next week. Probably a bit slow until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Wayfarer
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Are there specific rules for Traits and tags? or is the one-word description supposed to just fuel our imagination and we just chime in when we think we earn the extra die for it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Parkin
United States
Stow
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
MIND. BLOWN.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuel for the imagination.

I think we will not run into situations where extra dice are sketchy--it ought to make clear sense. To that point, I want you folks, as players, to roll the dice you think you ought to roll, rather than me prompt extras each time. Basically, PbF is slow enough that multiple posts to clarify a single roll is... less than desirable. But also, this is a game where players/characters are empowered to build the story in big ways with what they do, so the proverbial ball is in your court more than it is in mine--do what seems right and describe it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] |