Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
116 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Lady Blackbird» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Bifford's Lady Blackbird IC - Newbie Initiative 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie-Initiative [+] 2017 [+] PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the years that had past since Silas last met Cyrus he had suffered an injury that meant his shoulder would dislocate with relative ease. He knew how an altercation should look, and a black eye wasn't kosher enough. He went over to a door and smashed his shoulder into the jam, grimacing with pain and satisfaction as his shoulder popped out and the arm dangled to the side uselessly.

Holding back a tear Silas moved over to the internal comms panel and pressed the button, gasping in pain as he did so. "Lieutenant Silas to the Bridge. Intruder alert! Some of the prisoners have escaped and are heading to the bridge. They...gnnar, damn that hurts.... they said they'd be taking control on behalf of Uriah Flint. I think he may be a few clicks out and inbound."

Silas paused to allow a reply.

"The Pirate King, Sir? What is your command?"

Silas inwardly smiled as they took the bait. "Triple the bridge guard and spread a platoon of men around the corridors leading to the bridge. Also, secure the Captain's cabin, let no one in or out. He was specifically mentioned as a potential target and that there was a reward from a general. He must be kept safe.

Also, crewman, spread the word that at least one of those intruders is a Goblin, and possible others were too! I saw one of them shift into a guard just before he left my office. Oh, and crewman? Send a medic down here, I think I'm about to pass out...."
and with that Silas slid down the wall, shut his eyes and let the world fade to black.


Sound doesn't travel too well across multiple layers of ship-metal, it tends to get lost in the general noises of a ship, but if it did then Silas's unconscious mind would have heard the pounding of many feet and the charging of many power cells followed by the mutters of crew as they each warned each other to stay at arms length and within eye sight.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snargle is left standing alone, just around the corner of the corridor, having seen first Naomi and now Kale go racing towards the barricade.

Kale has taken a plasma shot and is now sprawled on the floor with a weedy looking guard trying to pin her down, pain searing through her from the wound. A couple of the other guards turn to face them both and train their weapons on them, but the guard is between them and her. One of them calls out, "Surrender now, and we won't have to kill you!"

Snargle, peeking his head round the corner and hidden in shadow, can see that only one of the guards is currently watching his end of the corridor.

Meanwhile Naomi glares at four guards, who have now gathered into two pairs, one pair to her left and the other to her right. Some larger debris from the barrier lays at her feet where it landed after her mad dash.


Naomi: Your blood is pumping, you havn't felt this alive in Weeks! Even the daring escape with Alice, scratch that, with Lady Blackbird pales in comparison to what you are feeling now! Which of these pour sods is going to hit the floor first?

Kale: You have a meat-shield. But do you have the guts to use it? There are at least four guns trained on you, but will you wait for Naomi to create a distraction or have you a plan up your sleeve? When was the last time you were in a predicament this big?

Snargle: Will you run at the barricade like the two females? Or do you have a Sneaky plan, worthy of a goblin? Are you tired from the constant shape-changing? Straight on through, up and over or down and under? Could either thing work here and now?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In which Lady Blackbird finds newfound appreciation for Cyrus
This plan might actually work and I might get off this star-cursed ship after all!

Grabbing Cyrus's hand, I trot beside him. Alarms are going off in the ship, though luckily they seem to be behind us.

Finally, we turn and arrive in the hangar! The battered Owl sits off to the side in a highly protected zone; despite the alarms, key personnel guard the ship.

Where's Naomi? Kale? That goblin? They were supposed to have boarded a ship, and I can sense they are nearby but they haven't been in this hangar.

Cyrus pulls me to an alcove out of sight of the guards. With an "oof," I land against his chest. I look up, and my eyes catch his. That green ring around his eyes...why do men always have such long eyelashes? He smells good

WAIT. I pull myself back. Whispering furiously, I say, Where are the others? Which ship should we board?. I point to the Imperial ships, but I notice he keeps looking at the Owl.

Cyrus. Cyrus! That ship is heavily armed and the others are planning on escaping on an Imperial ship. We have to let it go!

I can get us on an Imperial ship. You have to Let. The. Owl. Go.

I have to convince Cyrus of this.

Alive + Charm + Charisma + Command + 2 pool
Target 4, this is a big deal to Cyrus, obviously

6custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0) = 4


Thank the stars! Cyrus nods his head, gruffly, though he keeps looking at The Owl. I'll make it up to you. Impulsively, I press my lips to his in a quick kiss.

Oh My. I look at him. Did he feel that?

Looking back into the hangar, I cast These Aren't The Droids You Are Looking For to force the guards' attention away from us.


Master Sorcerer + Spellcaster + Stormblood + Alive

4custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 2


Thank the stars again. They're distracted and looking away from us, but they haven't moved positions. Still, that's enough.

I grab Cyrus's hand, pull him away from the wall, and The Owl, as we run to one of the Imperial ships.

Key of the Mission
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1067727. funkdonut
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • 4
  • Sat Apr 1, 2017 5:05 pm
  • [+]
  • 1067730. funkdonut
  • 4custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • 2
  • Sat Apr 1, 2017 5:09 pm
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi decides to go from left to right. She's feeling in her element. This is what I do best! As she takes the first soldier out she tries to move so that her next victim is between her and the remaining soldiers.
Alive + Pit Fighter + Combat Tested + Brutal + Living Weapon + Hard + 1 pool die 7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 2
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1067798. mebririth
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • 2
  • Alive + Pit Fighter + Combat Tested + Brutal + Living Weapon + Hard + 1 pool die
  • Sat Apr 1, 2017 9:04 pm
  • [+]
  • 1070695. mebririth
  • 9custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) =
  • 2
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 9:42 am
  • [+]
  • 1070696. mebririth
  • 9custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • 4
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 9:42 am
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The guards down on the deck plating are indeed looking the other way and don't see Cyrus and Natasha running for an Imperial Ship. Unfortunately for you both the mechanics are not as distracted. Several of them see you running towards them and realise you shouldn't be there.

"Oi! You two stop right there! George, George, grab that arc welder and stop them!" A big, burly guy rolls out from under a ship on a mechanics trolley. He sits up, then stands up, brandishing a large arc-welder torch in his hand, looking extremely menacing in his welding helmet, which he reaches up and removes. George moves forward to bar your way, though there is still quite a few metres between you and him.

Behind you, the guards have heard the shouts and also turned.

5xp achieved. You can buy a tag, or save it.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

As Naomi barrels at the first of the soldiers in a very unexpected movement several shots go past her ears, singeing hair and clipping her shoulders, leaving minor scorch marks as they go. It wasn't that she was quick, more that they were used to people standing down when the odds were stacked against them like this, and so, when she moved it took them milliseconds too long to react.

The fist she had aimed at the guard was off-kilter and only glanced off the guys chin rather than taking him out. Propelled past the guard and unable to stop, her momentum and the weakness in her leg meant Naomi had maybe half a second to react before she thundered into the hard metal of the wall and knocked herself out cold.

Reacting more on instinct than anything else Naomi let her legs buckle under her and she collapsed to the ground, hitting the wall hard, but mostly with her well-honed body and only a little with her more-prone-to-damage skull. It still made a rather sickening thud noise in the process and Naomi saw stars for several seconds before her eyes re-focused.

When she blinked away the stars she had two guards standing over her with guns trained on her at extreme close range.

"Go on. Try that again, lass. Let's see where it gets you." One of them said.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus
That was... unexpected. Just when Cyrus had managed to push the Lady to the back of his mind, resigning himself to the role of hopeless longing, she went and grabbed his hand. And then she was pressed up against his chest... her eyes were enchanting. She said something then, it's words barely reaching his comprehension...

"We have to let it go!"

Cyrus barely managed to nod, not quite grasping what she meant, but unwilling to give up this feeling.

Then she brushed her lips against his... so fleeting, he thought that maybe he'd imagined it. But finally the meaning of her words became clear, as she pulled him away from the Owl.

But she had kissed him. But the Owl!

A Kiss, and worries about the Owl were, at least for now, gone.

Key of Longing

His mind snapped into focus again,

"Oi! You two stop right there! George, George, grab that arc welder and stop them!"

This was no time for hesitation! Cyrus' blood was racing, ecstasy, sorrow, pain, humiliation, and most of all, fury. Fury at how he'd been kicked out of the Navy, fury that these men who should rightfully be his companions were standing between him and freedom, fury that the Owl had been so viciously attacked, fury that even now, his crewmen were who knew where... and fury at the fog that seemed to cover his mind from the moment the Lady had come on born, neutering him, making him into a lesser man.

He was Cyrus Vance. Marine. Captain. He was furious.

Pulling both the purloined pistols from the belt, he didn't even pause as he ran towards the mechanics... He didn't care if they just scattered, or they died. He was past trying to save these foolish imbeciles, on the vane hope that someday he could put on the uniform again.

He barrels down on them madly, and he bellowed a battle cry.

"For the Lady! Now suck it!" (hardly the epitome of eloquence, but he hadn't really put much thought into it.)

I'm going to consider this a public display, thus buying off the Key of Longing

...and with that, he starts firing into the mechanics trying to get them to scatter, or disable, or kill. Cyrus doesn't really care.

As Cyrus begins laying into the mechanics, he's shooting and wailing on the mechanics with his pistol, knocking them aside...

Alive+Warrior+Battle-hardened+Shooting+Two Gun Style+Brawl+2 Pool = 8

Target 3 8custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 5

He shoots the one called George on the first shot, the second shot took out a mechanic to the side, two others took off running away from the furious man, and the one who had first called out took a blaster to the side of his face, laying him out flat.

Cyrus didn't stop running, right towards the open hatch.

"Sorry" he panted out "for the noise. I think the time for subterfuge is quickly passing."
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1071230. straydawg
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • 5
  • Target 3
  • Fri Apr 7, 2017 11:51 pm
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi has no choice but to wait for an opportunity. The others are bound to come and distract this lot any time now, I just need to clear my head She slumps a bit and shakes her head, making it look as if she's giving up, but using the time for clearing her head.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the hanger, the noise of the weapons' discharge and the shouting and screaming of mechanics very quickly alerted the guards scattered around the area. One of them turned, hit a red button as well as a comms panel which he shouted into. The blast doors started to lower and one could only assume other troops would be inbound from elsewhere.

Of course, if the earlier ruse had worked, and the bridge numbers had been increased, then it would be some time before proper reinforcements arrived. But who could tell if it had worked?

Cyrus and Natasha found half a dozen troopers running towards them, energy bolt shooting wildly at them. At this distance they were all wide of the mark, but it would only be seconds before they hit their mark....

Cyrus - Key hit. 1xp gained. Key bought off, two XP awarded and you can choose a new key. Down to 1 pool unless you buy a couple more (you can buy two more) but you also have enough for a new TAG with 8 XP.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha has had it.
Cyrus: Get into this ship, power it up and use those guns to cover me. NOW." I press a quick kiss to his lips, holding his gaze for a minute, then shove him towards the hatch.

Squaring my shoulders, I channel every inch of my Stormblood abilities. I want these soldiers GONE, and I want to find the others. We won't be able to rely on Silas to play along forever, and we need to resolve this.

Silas starts firing the guns at the soldiers as more flood towards the ship, more flood in. Bodies begin to fly.

I feel the wind begin to whip around me. My arms surge with electricity. The soldier's blasts bend away from me as I backhand them away.

Alive +Master Sorcerer +Spellcaster +Channeling +Stormblood +Wind +Lightning +Sense10custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 5 (new tag!) +2 pool Target 5

With a sweep of my arm, a giant gust of pure unadulterated wind throws the soldiers off their feet, sending them skittering against the floor, smashing them into walls, machinery, ships. The ships begin to shift in their moorings, the winds pushing them, straining their attachments, as they begin to slide under the onslaught of wind.

I begin to cast lightning at control panels, observation windows, communications towers, turrets. Sparks fly, fires ignite, smoke rises as electronics are blasted offline and inoperable. I begin to walk, a walking hurricane of power and control, moving to Naomi, Kale, and Snargle.

I see the guards holding their weapons at Naomi, crumpled on the floor, and Kale, not doing too much better. The soldiers look up, only to be hit with my lightning and blown off their feet down the hallway, tumbling in the wind. Overhead lights explode and sputter as I make my way to Naomi and Kale.

I don't have much more in me.

Get up. We've got a ship. Snargle! I can tell you're close--quit hiding and help us get to the hangar. NOW.

Naomi, Kale, and I huddle together, each of us limping and holding each other up. Just a little bit more. Must keep walking

fin

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1076636. funkdonut
  • 10custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • 5
  • Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:12 pm
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In total awe Naomi sees Natasha approaching. She jumps up, about to use the window of opportunity Natasha is creating, only to find the soldiers being swept away by her hurricane-like forces.
Oh dear, this is costing her way too much power! I can't believe she can do this after the impact that break-out action earlier had. We'd better be ready to catch her when this impact hits...
Naomi quickly limps over to Kale, who seems to have used the same moment to kick some ass, and helps her up.

Natasha gets there at the same time Get up. We've got a ship. Snargle! I can tell you're close--quit hiding and help us get to the hangar. NOW.
Together we start our way to the hangar. 'You lead the way. Which ship did you guys take? Is there anything else needed for our getaway?'
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Assume this is before Naomi's post, just, and sort of alongside Natasha's. It's designed so it doesn't matter too much if it works or not.

The guard on top of Kale isn't much of a specimen, but Kale's wound and winded status keeps her down. She doesn't know how to get out of this situation but hopes a distraction might help Naomi or Snargle.

Closing her eyes she digs deep inside of herself for the spark that hides there. She hates the way magic seems to come so easily to people like Lady Blackbird, and yet so hard to herself. There, there it is, now ignite the magic and make the light burn brilliantly!

Alive+Petty magic+Light spell+2 pool (1 available and 1 converted from xp) = 5. Target 3.
Light? 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 3


Out of nowhere a brilliant but short burst of blinding white light appeared, searing the eyes of the guard pinning her and all those around her.

With a sharp knee to the groin of the guard Kale grabbed the smaller gun from the belt of the weedy guard and rolled away.

Key of Greed

A moment later a bizarre wind started to whip around them all and the smell of ozone took hold. She thought it was a new symptom of the use of magic until Lady Blackbird made her entrance.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1077573. Bifford
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Light?
  • Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:55 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snargle comes around the corner and tears through the gap in the barrickade. The look on his face says the enemy isn't far behind.

Continuing to run Snargle slides to a stop at the hanger bay blast door, which is resoundly shut.

Snargle quickly drops into the crawlspace under the flooring, shrinking in size as he does so and a second later pushes a hatch open just inside the hanger bay and squeezes out. "Too small a hole for humans." he mutters to himself. Looking around Snargle sees two hovering pallets each with a stack of fuel barrels sitting on them. Cyrus is climbing up the outside of a ship, drawing the attention of all the guards, so he runs over and pushes one of the pallets straight at the door through which Naomi, Kale and and Blackbird must come.

As the pallet drifts to a stop by the door Snargle grabs a small pistol that has skittered across the floor from a dead guard and says, "Cheers, chump, I don't think you'll be needing this any time soon!" (Key of Banter. 1 xp, giving me 5.)

Snargle takes careful aim then squeezes the trigger, remembering as he does so some of the great times Cyrus, Kale and he have had as pirates over the past year or two before this human woman messed things up! Things won't be the same again.....

Alive + Sky Sailor + Gunnery + Aim + Pirates + 5 pool (Secret of the Lucky Break - Once per session, you can keep your pool dice when you succeed (so go ahead and use 'em all).) = 10 dice. Target 3 as Snargle's never the best with guns, they just ain't his thing! 10custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 4

The barrels went boom, the door took the full force of the fuel exploding and a massive hole was ripped through the doors, charring them and leaving the entrance clear.

Snargle smiled with satisfaction then turned and pushed the other floating pallet, stacked with fuel, towards the Owl.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1081601. Bifford
  • 10custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • 4
  • Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:28 pm
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus dashes into the attack craft. It won't be comfortable for long voyages, but it has guns, and it's fast.

Now, if only he can get this thing started. His years in the Imperial Navy were a long way past, and he'd never sat at the helm. Still, most of these ships were similar, and powering up the weapons shouldn't be too hard.

Alive+Ex-Imperial Soldier+Tactics+Imperial War Ships=4 Target 3

Target 3 3custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0) = 1

An alarm starts to wail, a power surge courses up his arm making it temporarily numb, and the hatch slides shut.

"Son of a.....!" Cyrus curses angrily and kicks once impotently at the closed hatch.

Well, if that didn't work... he'll have to help out another way. He grabs one of the large pulse cannons and a large coil of rope located on the wall and starts clamboring up the ladder to the boarding hatch on top.

Cyrus pushes the hatch open, ties one end of the rope securely to the mooring attachment and tosses the end down. Finally, he quickly sets on the cannon on the mount located for just that purpose and thumbs it on.

Cyrus grins.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1077694. straydawg
  • 3custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0) =
  • 1
  • Target 3
  • Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 am
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Limping back to hangar, I can't remember being more spent. This is sheer will, forcing myself to keep going. My mind is jumpy, a cacophony of wreckage of thoughts crashing in my head, echoes of the storm. I barely have control over my own body, my legs heavy, boneless. The exhaustion is crushing me from within, and the only thing keeping me going is the possibility of getting off this damn ship.

Each step is agony, but I have to keep going. I have to. Naomi and Kale aren't much better off than me, and I need them to lean on.

Luckily I didn't travel far to unleash on those poor bastards, their bodies showing various signs of pain, of movement, and some, show no life whatsoever. I would say I regret it, but the thought of marriage to Count Marlowe quickly absolves any distress I might feel. This is more than a marriage, this is war, and I fight. So I keep going.

We turn into the hangar, the doors blasted and burned. I look up and see Cyrus, performing some sort of skywalking maneuver with a rope? I'm not sure what he's doing, but I do know that The Owl is much closer to us than the Imperial ship he's tarzaning. No soldiers appear to be guarding The Owl, thank you me. If we're going to change plans, we need to do so now.

Cyrus! Do you want to escape on The Owl? I point to the ship, and collapse, pulling Naomi down with me.

Where is Kale? I search for him.

Alive + Master Sorcerer + Sense + 2 pool Target 3 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0) = 2

I am so incredibly spent. Laying on the ground, every cell of my body aching, and failing, I try again. Secret of Inner Focus

5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 1


I collapse, the world turns black.

Key of the Mission fin



3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1079273. funkdonut
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • 2
  • Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:24 pm
  • [+]
  • 1079274. funkdonut
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • 1
  • Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:25 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb

Around the attack craft a number of guards are shooting up at Cyrus, but the protective dome shields him. Cyrus sits with his finger on the trigger, ready to fire. Will he do it? Will he expunge so many lives?

The ship rocks on its' moorings as a massive blast occurs over by the door that Blackbird had run through earlier. He sees that crafty goblin, Snargle with the gun still raised for a moment and pointing at the door and what seems to be the remnants of a hover pallet. Cyrus grins. Then Snargle turns and pushes a second pallet, this one with barrels of fuel on, towards the Owl.

Cyrus's attention is drawn back to the now permanently open blast doors and sees Blackbird hobble in, supported by Naomi and Kale, who also look the worse for wear. Then she collapses, pulling Naomi down on to one knee, but not before her mouth moves in words he can't hear or see, and points towards the Owl.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi sees Natasha stooping. She had been waiting for this to happen, but for a second had hoped Natasha could keep going till they were inside he Owl. Well, she got this far, that's already quite an achievement.
Naomi slings Natasha's arm over her shoulder and half carries, half drags her to the Owl.

Key of the Guardian
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus: The Gang's all together!
The blood was roaring in his ears... this is what he was born for, and the explosions and crashing noises, far from disorienting and confusing him only made his focus sharpen, and time seemed to slow for him. The scattered gunfire around him didn't concern him. As long as they were focused on him, they were leaving his crew and his Lady alone. Now it came down to one thing, buy them enough time to get the Owl airborne.

The few mechanics and guards in the hanger were not a serious threat... there fire was ill-aimed, unorganized. It was the hundreds of marine infantry that would soon come storming through the hanger doors. And even if they escaped them, there'd be no way to outrun the attack craft that would be sent after them.

"We'll see about THAT!" Cyrus muttered to himself, and he leveled the pulse cannon at the assault craft closer to the external doors. He pulled the trigger.

I believe I have enough experience for a new tag... so I'll go ahead and pick up "hail of lead."

Alive + Warrior + Battle-Hardened + Shooting + Hail of Lead = 5

Target 3 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1) = 3

Incredibly, he must've hit something just right... perhaps an open panel somewhere. The fireball was incredible as the targetted assault ship lurched sideways. there was no time to pat himself on the back, though... he shifted his aim to a marine assault carrier.

Alive + Warrior + Battle-Hardened + Shooting + Hail of Lead = 5

Target 3 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 3

The second ship didn't so much explode, but something broke, and it tilted and crashed on it's side.

Cyrus shifted his aim again... barely noting that while the enemy gunfire had been diminishing, it seemed more fervent in targeting him.

This time he aimed at one of the assault ships nearest the destroyed hanger doors.

Alive + Warrior + Battle-Hardened + Shooting + Hail of Lead = 5

Target 3 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 3

The ship started burning, and the inky black smoke started billowing out, filling the corridor.

Once more he shifted his fire... it appeared to be some fueling machinery that was set against the wall.

Alive + Warrior + Battle-Hardened + Shooting + Hail of Lead = 5

Target 3 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 2

He managed to hit the machinery, and a slow fire started, but not nearly the damage he'd been hoping for.

A bullet slammed against a wall next to him, ricocheted off and grazed his forehead. Cyrus' head jerked back from the burning pain, and a sheet of blood crept down, blinding his left eye.

He shook his head, trying to clear his view.

No time.

He targeted the refueling mechanism again.

Alive + Warrior + Battle-Hardened + Shooting + Hail of Lead = 5

Target 3 (+1 for being half blinded, -1 for second shot) 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 3

A trail of fuel spilled across the mouth of the gaping maw of the hanger door, and fire erupted across the hanger door. Now the whole hanger was filling with smoke.

Cyrus took aim again at one of the other assault ships.

Alive + Warrior + Battle-Hardened + Shooting + Hail of Lead = 5

Target 4 (half-blinded) 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 3

This ship slumped sideways as well but one more incoming shot struck the platform he was seated on. The shrapnel tore into his right arm.

Cyrus groaned in agony, but stabilized the gun with his still operational left arm, and targeted another ship.

Alive + Warrior + Battle-Hardened + Shooting + Hail of Lead = 5

Target 5 (half blinded, injured arm) 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) = 1

Before he got the shot off, a lance of fire struck the platform, and Cyrus falls back inside the battered assault ship.


3 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1085524. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Target 3
  • Fri May 5, 2017 5:35 pm
  • [+]
  • 1085526. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Target 3
  • Fri May 5, 2017 5:40 pm
  • [+]
  • 1085528. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Target 3
  • Fri May 5, 2017 5:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 1085531. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • 2
  • Target 3
  • Fri May 5, 2017 5:43 pm
  • [+]
  • 1085532. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Target 3 (+1 for being half blinded, -1 for second shot)
  • Fri May 5, 2017 5:48 pm
  • [+]
  • 1085536. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Target 4 (half-blinded)
  • Fri May 5, 2017 5:50 pm
  • [+]
  • 1085540. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) =
  • 1
  • Target 5 (half blinded, injured arm)
  • Fri May 5, 2017 5:54 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
As Naomi staggers towards the Owl, carry-dragging her Lady with her, and breaking out a sweat, the lady mumbles in her unconscious state. You're fairly sure Cyrus's name comes up more than once, but so too does jumbled and conflicted mutterings about the pirate king and also Count Carlowe. It would seem there is a lot of conflict in the Lady's life right now.

Off to the side, Snargle is slowly making his way towards the side of the Owl with the hover pallet stacked with what you can only assume is fuel. You're not sure just how much time you've all got, but you're pretty sure it's not enough to get the entire stack on board.


Kale has paused by the door, having seen Cyrus up in a ship, being bombarded by fire while taking out a number of other ships. He hasn't, however, noticed that the hanger doors are still closed and so the Owl has no way to escape currently. Cyrus falls backwards and Kale hopes he has enough left in him to teleport to the ship. For a moment Kale falters, not knowing if his friend and boss would survive. Then, setting her jaw hard she thinks of all the times Cyrus told her 'Mission over Friends, Kale! Get the mission done, then go back for the friend if you can!'

(Key of Fraternity)

The doors are up to Kale to sort it seems.

Running around the outside of the hanger she grabs up a spike of sharp-edged metal that's splintered away from a destroyed ship and then pounds bodily into the door of the command unit, which springs open, surprising the two techs inside. Kale springs forward, grabs one of the techs and holds the sharp jagged edge to his throat before snarling to the other tech, "Activate the command over-ride for the bay doors and set the force-field to 'allow outgoing' passage, otherwise your chump friend bleeds."

Buying "Dagger" witht he 5xp Kale has.
Alive + Tricky + Quick + Dirty Fighting + Dagger. Target = 2 for an easy action. 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1) = 3


The tech she grabs dares not moves, and goes limp in her grip, while the other tech presses a series of buttons and out in the bay there's a flash of pale blue as the force-field activates and then a grinding as the bay doors slowly open.

"Now. Out!" she snarls. The second tech carefully gets out of her seat and backs towards the door. Kale and her hostage follow, then she kicks the door closed pushes the held tech away forcibly before turning and smashing the metal shard into the handle of the door, shearing it off. With a grim smile Kale runs for the Owl, aiming to take over from Snargle so the Goblin could get into the cockpit and fire the ol' girl up.

Key of the Mission
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1087766. Bifford
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Wed May 10, 2017 9:36 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions:

Naomi: Do you know anything about skyships? Are you aware there are two types of fuel (Solid cubes and liquid) and which ships run off which? You probably think there's not enough time to get all that fuel into the tank - anything you can do to help?; Are you going to unceremoniously dump your Lady just inside the Owl's cargo bay doors, or will you take her somewhere soft?


Lady Blackbird: Semi-incoherent ramblings afflict your present fugue state. How much are you aware of? What conflicts are raging in you with regards Carlowe/Flint/Vance? Your are magically and physically exhausted - have you ever pushed yourself so hard before and how long does it take you to recover from this? Will there be lasting damage? Are you aware of Naomi and what is going on around you?

Cyrus: You fell back from that last blast, you are injured, but just how badly? Have you seen what Kale just did? Provided the "out" the Owl needs?; Do you have enough juice left in your mental and physical tank to use your Secret of Warpblood or are you going to have to do this the old fashioned way?

Snargle: This pallet has the solid-state fuel cubes on it, where do they go? Internal cargo hold and then down to the engine room, or an external hatch? Kale is running towards you - do you see her?


ALL: How many guards and tech are left in here. Someone was firing at Cyrus in the ship but was that auto-fire or manual?
How long until reinforcements get here and in what quantity?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi drags Natasha inside and puts her on the closest sort-of-seat, making sure she's not in the way. 'Okay, okay. You stay here and when I get back we'll see if you can explain the whole three-guys-situation.'
Naomi sees Kale approaching the pallet Snargle is trying to get to the Owl and runs over as well. 'If you tell me what to do, I can help. This is fuel, right? I don't know what to do with it, but I'm a quick learner.'

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Everything is a blur. Everything hurts. Noises, face pass above me. I feel a strong vise, an arm maybe?, grabbing me, dragging me.

This feels bad. I can go full tornado with no lasting effects, but the failed spells I cast...I can't seem to escape myself. I can't seem to break the surface to reality, I'm caught in my own inner tornado, it's like I cast it out, then drew it back into me.

This is bad.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus--not quite dead.
His head throbbed, his left arm felt useless. When he tried to push himself to his feet, a sharp pain in his leg made him nearly pass out. Cyrus shook his head, and tried to bring things into focus, pushing down the agony with long honed practice.

It was dark where he was, but it felt thick, it reeked of fumes, chemicals, and it was hot.

Smoke...

The ship he'd been using as a firing platform was aflame.

Cyrus felt along his arm... tender, and nearly useless at the moment, but nothing life threatening, and it would heal.

He tenderly felt at his head... Bloody, a deep gash, but he'd had worse from bar fights.

Next he felt down his leg.

The agony pushed through his mental blocks, and he saw sparks. Broken in at least two places.

"This will make things difficult" Cyrus muttered to himself.

He slowly dragged himself... looking for the medkit he knew would be stashed somewhere nearby. If he was lucky, he might be able to find something with which to brace it... and lacking that, at least some military grade painkillers. And then he could get himself off this accursed ship...

He faltered for a second, just remembering that the small assault ships hatch was sealed shut, and the only other exit was up a steep ladder... and mostly likely burning merrily. And speaking of fire, Cyrus could feel it sucking out the little oxygen remaining.

Cyrus hated time constraints.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snargle gives up moving the pallet, leaving it for Kale to do. Judging from the footsteps on the Owl's floor he figured Naomi was coming back out to help too. Snargle moved over to the hull and stuck his arm inside a hole which was cunningly designed by being small and long with several turns in it so that no human would get their arm in, only a goblin such as he.

Turning his arm, just so, Snargle twisted the handle that released the secret hatch, which softly but swiftly opened on hydraulics. Withdrawing his arm Snargle ran to the rear of the ship, passing Kale and calling out "You know what to do Kale-cutter!!" then laughing uproariously in a way that obviously spoke of a previous shared experience they had both had.

Snargle winked with ultimate showmanship as he passed Naomi on the ramp, then raced towards the cockpit.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale, too, laughed at Snargle's quip, then proceeded to haul packets of the weird gelatinous cubes off the pallet and into the secret hold in anything but a controlled and careful way.

Seeing Naomi race up he called out, "Get these in the hold sharpish - don't worry about being delicate, in this form they are perfectly stable, they have to go through the hydro-sequencer to turn liquid but that's done in tank. We should have enough fuel left in her pipes to make a fast getaway and can worry about transference to the engine when we are safely away!"

And with that Kale stopped wasting breath on words and hauled fuel instead.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |