United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Not the green wire, anything but the green one.
Kale awoken to a familiar goblin hastily shaking her.

"Urrgh, Snargle I'm ok, what's happened? Where's Vance?"

Snargle quickly explains the past few moments as Kale clears the fog from her head.

"Ok Snargle, so much for subtlety, let's properly take out the power. I can't tell from here how the electronics are setup on the ship but this is the main power line coming into this sector, if we short it, we can take out power from around here, and maybe more depending on how poorly they've maintained things. We'll probably break some things too, should be fun."

Alive + Mechanic + Sabotage + 4Pool (target 3)
Seriously now, let's takeout the power. 7custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 6
No pool dice remaining

Kale cautiously sets up a bundle of wires, she takes a deep breath and pushes the wire bundle towards the main-line power. With an incredible POP and flash of blue light things become incredibly dark and quiet.

"Well, nothing like a little trial and error to find the right wire. Come on Snargle, let's head back up and find Vance and the others, with any luck we've taken out power for a sizable portion of the ship and this won't be an easy repair for them."

As Kale attempts to feel her way back through the pitch-black crawlspace.

"Let's see if I can give us some light."

Kale closes her eyes for a moment and pulls a marble from her pocket.

'Nothing fancy, just need to focus on something small.'

Alive + Petty Magic + LightSpell (target 2, very small/dim light orb)
Just need a little light... 3custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1) = 2

After a pause for concentration Kale manages to get the marble to emit a faint blue light, not enough light to read by, but enough to see the way through the passage to the main deck above.

Kale and Snargle exit the maintenance hatch and close it shut behind them as quietly as they can and start walking back towards the cells they just left to find the others.

Key of the Mission
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1038330. LunaWolvesMan
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • Seriously now, let's takeout the power.
  • Thu Feb 9, 2017 5:41 pm
  • [+]
  • 1038337. LunaWolvesMan
  • 3custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1) =
  • Just need a little light...
  • Thu Feb 9, 2017 6:06 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Question for Kale and Snargle:

Snargle: You might be a Goblin, with shape-changing abilities eau-naturel, but does all this morphing and changing size and shape take its toll on you? Will you need some Goblin-Juice to chillax with soon? Or maybe sleep the sleep of the dreamless? Just how hard will this effort hit you, and how soon? Or maybe it's like breathing and you can do it indefinitely? Has shape-changing ever backfired in some way? Where's that banter you're famous for, Snargle?

Kale: How's that head after the nasty meeting with the wall? Lump the size of a mountain? And I bet your fingers tingle still too...? And then to compound things you just did magic! Surely that takes a fair amount of concentration? What's the drawbacks to using magic, even a small amount? It's not like you are a Noble, with their effortless arts; Are you jealous of the Nobles and their natural affinity with the magical arts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus
Quite suddenly, they're plunged into darkness. One never realises how much noise these warship engine's made, until suddenly you weren't hearing it anymore. A few dim emergency lights with their own power crystals glowed fitfully. Just enough to make out outlines of figures and doorwards, but not much else. Cyrus suppresses a grin and whispers quietly to Naomi and the Lady, "Well now, it seems that Kale is still kicking around, and has done a bang up job."

Cyrus placed a soothing hand on the soldiers shoulder. "Calm now,

Most of these warships came with backup generators, but they were really only designed to keep the ships afloat, main internal comm lines minimal lighting, and the distress beacon. They would also be able to monitor the communications, so it seems likely that they'd be finding out about Cyrus sooner rather than later.

There wouldn't be any power to the area lighting, the weapon systems... or the hangar doors. They'd left one prison cell, and found there way into another one. Albeit, a much larger cell, and full of people who would most likely not be too happy to find them moving about.

A thought struck him.

"My Lady, it seems to me that your disguise was rather... effective. But will anyone be looking for you? Would your description trigger any alarms when they comm'd command?" While Cyrus himself would serve as a modest prize for any ambitious Imperial Captain, "Rescuing" a High Lady such as Blackbird would merit sending him immediately.

Cyrus saw the crewman start to shift a bit uncomfortably. This was all a bit much to take in. Placing his hand on the young man's shoulder, Cyrus soothed the man as best he could.

"Now now, young sir. Nothing to be afraid of, I know these warships like the back of my hand, just like you, and we'll be fine. I know this stretch as well, I'm sure home fleet will be sending a ship shortly to assist."

Alive+ExSoldier+Command+Soldiers+Rank+Ships+Maps=7 Target 2, just trying to calm him so he doesn't yell for an alarm, Target 3 to have him relax, ask him some questions. 7custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 3

Cyrus could feel the knots in the mans shoulders loosen.

"So, young man, a midshipman I believe... I know you troopers are the ones who hear all the scuttlebutt. Why'd you come chasing us down anyway? We're pretty small game for the Imperial Navy."

Alive+Soldier+Tactics+Command+Soldiers+Rank+Connections=7 Target 2, already rolled to get him to relax. 7custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) = 6

The soldier looks at Cyrus, then shrugging starts to share his gossip.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1038499. straydawg
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • Target 2, just trying to calm him so he doesn't yell for an alarm, Target 3 to have him relax, ask him some questions.
  • Thu Feb 9, 2017 9:36 pm
  • [+]
  • 1038500. straydawg
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) =
  • Target 2, already rolled to get him to relax.
  • Thu Feb 9, 2017 9:40 pm
Joline
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well as long as you're just standing around here, talking, I'll go ahead and scout for trouble. Maybe I can even find Kale." Naomi silently walks over to the next intersection, the side-corridors only seen by them being even darker than the rest of the walls. One side is pitch-dark, but on the other side a small bobbing light can be seen, getting closer.

"Psst, guys someone's coming!" Naomi whisper back, not sure if they hear her because they are still talking.
Naomi readies herself to take out the imperial soldiers that are sure to be here any minute. She's counting on the element of surprise to overcome any disadvantage in numbers she might have.

When the light is really close she suddenly realizes the others around that corner are also doing their best to stay unnoticed.
Naomi relaxes a bit That's probably Kale, but you never know she slinks back against the wall and waits for the person with the orb to reach the corner.

Once she's sure, Naomi suddenly speaks up, rather close to Kale " Kale, you're pretty lucky, I could've mistaken you for an Imperial..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Ha-ha!" Snargle guffawed, "Kale's far too bloody minded for an Imperial life!" Snargle regarded Naomi, "Why'd you have to be so violent all the time, anyway?"

Shrugging off Naomi, he nodded to the assembled bodies of his crewmates in the shadows;

"Cap! I'm tapped out; had to get pretty big to bring Kale back around -haha- she's worn me out!" Snargle winked at Kale and nudged her with his elbow suggestively.

Normally, Snargle had a lot more time to change shape; whizzing between forms this fast had tired him out - best not to keep up this pace or he might get stuck out of his resting-form.

'Like that time I couldn't shake that damned tail for nearly a month...'

Key of Banter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally. Regrouped, maybe we can get to the damn ship?

The relative quiet of the ship means...wait...

"Silence! I hear something!" I hear, or actually sense footsteps.

Looking at the soldier, I say, "You! Take us the ship now!"

Alive + Presence + Command + Soldiers + 2 pool Target 3

6custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0) = 3

Snapping fingers to get the others' attention, I nod to the soldier.

"Let's go. NOW."

Key of the Mission
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1041419. funkdonut
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:45 am
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Vance, am I to understand that your delicate flower is killing guards and giving me orders? What was the payment you accepted for this job again?"

Kale rubbed the lump on the back of her head as she started to walk with the group following this guard.

"Look, we need time to do repairs, I don't care if Alice is a lovely lily or if she's blasting holes in this damned ship, we're not getting out of here immediately so we need to do something before they just drop the Owl out of the hanger and strand us here on this ship. We have a bit of an advantage now but I don't think that's going to last long, and we have no idea what they know about the situation around the rest of the ship."

"I think we need a bigger distraction, something to keep them busy, what about stealing a different ship from the hanger while I work on the Owl?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"I love the sound of that! Let's take one of the Imperial's own ships. Sure it's a bit harder to get them, but the distraction will be all the bigger for it." Naomi is itching for some (constructive?) action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus:
Cyrus was torn, and his internal dialogue was running quickly.

"The Blackbird was still bewitching, but I saw what she had done to the soldiers... the coldness that she treated anyone who stood between her and what she wanted. I've seen that same coldness in Lord Ash's eyes when he got me exiled. That kind of self-certitude is frightening and dangerous. Perhaps worse, that kind of magic held an allure in and of itself. What's to say I havn't been bewitched, drawn to her by the hypnotic power of magic. Could I even trust my own feelings. Kale is my best friend, she'd stood by me through worse than this, and if I can't trust her, then I can't trust anyone, and she didn't seem to care for the Lady.

Something to think about."

Cyrus spoke quietly, hating the hesitation he'd been feeling.

"No Kale, you'll not be taking your orders from her... not now, not ever."

"One ship might be enough, but it's more likely than not to draw more attention to the hanger unless we can throw a little more gas on the fire. I think I have a way around that.

Snargle, once we're to the hanger, you identify a likely candidate, and I want you to draw lots and lots of attention."

Cyrus looks over the group. "Kale, you'll probably need a hand with any heavy lifting, or heavy hitting."

Cyrus looked towards Naomi, "Can you help Kale with the repairs? I need the Lady with me." Cyrus internally kicked himself, "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO BRING HER WITH YOU! Whatever benefit she might be in your little plan is easily going to be offset by the distraction she causes to you."

Cyrus grabs the soldier's shoulder. "Tell them where the hanger is, and then you'll take me to see your Lieutenant Silas Keel. It's time he and I have a little reunion."

Key of Longing, Key of Command
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi gets irritated with Cyrus "Well I'm her bodyguard, which means I need a body to guard. I don't care for your longing to have a private stroll with Natasha. And even if we were to seperate, you'd better send her to the least dangerous location, or you'll have me to deal with! Her eyes spark with fury and she adds "I'm a fighter, I can handle things and Natasha is already tired from that last stunt.

At the end of her rant Naomi suddenly realizes Natasha is not the meek Alice she was used to and might have her own opinion.
Looking at Natasha she asks "[color=orange]What do you think about this half-wit plan of his?[/orange]"

Key of the guardian? It's not really an action, so I'm doubting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stars. These two. Both desperate for my attention and I need them both. On one hand, Naomi will protect me, and I need her, but this low-level asinine cat and mouse chase has to end at some point. If I'm going to make things happen, it's not by wasting nameless guards as we scramble to find that junker of a ship. Who knows, she might actually succeed and if, so, good. On the other hand, if she doesn't, well, I can probably broker a deal with this Lieutenant Silas for myself using Vance, provided I keep him dangling after me.

"Naomi. Your idea to take one of the Imperial ships is a good one, and you're strong enough to do it. I would only slow you down in a fight."

Vance. Take me to this Lieutenant Silas. As high ranking as he is, I assure you, I rank higher. I'm sure whatever quibbles you've had in the past are a pittance compared to what I can offer."

Blast. Hope the little pilot isn't offended. For insurance, I give him a slow smile, a little flutter of the eyelashes, then turn to the soldier. "You will take us straight to Lieutenant Silas now and tell them where the hangar is."

The little ant better take us straight there, not adopt some idiotic brave attempt to be a little Imperialist hero. Target 3

Alive + Charm + Charisma + Presence + Command + Soldiers 6custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0) = 4

The soldier directs the others to the hangar, and they go. Vance and I split from the group, led by the soldier, soon appearing at the door to Lieutenant Silas's quarters.

fin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1045032. funkdonut
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0) =
  • Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:47 pm
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Vance, I can't think of any better options but I hope you know what you're doing, this mission doesn't get done without you two. Good luck, and watch your back."

Naomi, Snargle, and Kale all walked quietly towards the belly of the Hand of Sorrow, still in the dark with only a small blue light to guide the way. Kale wasn't too thrilled to see the group split up, but she really didn't have any better ideas.

"Snargle, Naomi, what do you think you can do with these imperial ships? I need time to steal some fuel and do some repairs. I'm sure I'll find the hangar well-stocked but I need time and to not get shot at."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus goes to see an old friend
Cyrus shakes his head. "Things could be going better... but things could be going a whole lot worse. Hopefully I can convince Silas to help out. Nothing that will hurt his career... but I'm sure he wouldn't pass up the chance to pull one over on Lord Admiral Ash. He was THIS close to sharing my fate!"

The crewmen silently leads them down the darkened hallway, the only illumination coming from narrow portholes in chambers they pass.

"Silas and I go way back... and has no reason to be fond of the current military high command. We should be able to buy his assistance, but we just need to give him some motivation. Perhaps a more... ahem... gentle touch."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"I can certainly fly it, I'd prefer not to get into anymore violence if we can help it though," Snargle, darted a glance at Naomi, "honestly, I think the best distraction would be one that doesn't involve me stuck on a ship getting surrounded... could we deck out an automatic flight route? Send them chasing after an empty tin can?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I nod. I rap on the door, a few smart short knocks. The door slides open. I look to Vance. "I'll go first." I figure the element of surprise, seeing me here, may startle him enough that when Vance steps in, he's sufficiently confused so as to give us an advance when negotiating.

I walk to his desk, seeing the question on his face as I walk in, my regal bearing at a sharp contrast to my servant's attire.

My name is Natasha Syri, Lady Blackbird, and I am in need of assistance. I was traveling through this area when the ship I was on was captured and brought aboard your vessel."

I have to hand it to this Silas; his control over his reactions has shifted firmly into place as he listens to me, giving little away now.

For reasons that are entirely my own, I require your assistance in continuing my voyage, with the ship and crew I came with. I believe you know the captain of the ship."

I step to the side, and Vance walks on. Silas's reaction is sharp and swift. Both men stare at each other, disbelief, shock, anger?

Suddenly, both men move.

(fin)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
straydawg wrote:
Key of Longing, Key of Command

(Cyrus) Yup on both counts. So 5 xp racked up. Feel free to spend or store!

mebririth wrote:
Key of the guardian? It's not really an action, so I'm doubting

(Naomi) You are thinking of your mistresses best interests, which includes standing up to Cyrus - so absolutely key hit! Also 5xp so feel free to unlock something or store up

(Natasha) Double header thre. I think tht hits both the key of the paragon and of the mission! (4xp now)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Snargle, Kale and Naomi pad down the dark, quiet corridor.

Too quiet. Why is it so quiet?

It takes some of you a moment to realise that the alarms have silenced and everything is quiet. A sickening feeling settles in the pit of your stomachs (do goblins even have stomachs?).

You turn a corner and lights from a dozen or more head-lamps suddenly illuminate the corridor, a blockade of crates and barrels, and you! Kale and Naomi's human eyes take a few moments to react and adjust.

Questions:

Snargle: Do a goblin's eyes adjust and react quicker than a humans? You are an expert pilot for a reason.... You are tired, is that going to affect your physical reaction time? You are a pacifist - do you try to talk your way out of this first? Or duck and dive for cover?

Naomi: FINALLY! A metrix-ton of Imperial scum whose heads are just crying out to be knocked together! Do you go charging blindly forward like a bull to a rag? Would ducking back around the corner to gather your wits and formulate a plan be considered weak? How can you get past a barricade and a dozen or more soldiers?

Kale: Outnumbered, out-gunned, you have a corner you can duck back around, but that Naomi - is she likely to charge into danger? She had a decided glint in her eye earlier when battling those few soldiers. Got any more tricks up your sleeves that might help here? You've not seen anything shiny and worth stealing yet, but maybe one of those guys has something cool on them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Silas scrapes his chair back quickly, standing and coming around to the front of the table with his arms wide for a manly hug.

There's a mixed look of happiness and confusion on his face. It's obvious his duty to the insignia is battling with his personal feelings. As he waits to see if Cyrus will step forward to take the embrace he says, "You put me in a difficult position, old friend, but we'll cross that bridge in a moment or two."

The emergency lighting, and a solitary lamp on the table is the only real light here, except for the trio of communication pads on the desk.

Cyrus: He appears to be welcoming and is, ideed, open armed; but was Silas ever the one for honeyed traps? Just how close a friendship was it? What backup plan do you have in place?

Natasha: Well this plan appears to be working. Do you congratulate yourself or is it still too early? How much trust do you place in this Silas? What backup plan do you have in place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi instantly feels her adrenaline levels shoot through the roof, as soon as she's able to make out the barricade with the cowering Imperials behind it, she's off. She runs like a mad-man towards the barricade, "HRRUUUUAAAAAAAAARRRGGGGGGGHHHH!!!!" hitting the barricade like a bulldozer and ploughing straigth through it to get to the Imperials.

Alive + Pit Fighter + Combat Tested + Brutal + Living Weapon + Fast + Hard + Scary Look 8custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 2

Using the secret of destruction here
-edit And hitting the keys of Vengeance and the Warrior

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1051884. mebririth
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • Alive + Pit Fighter + Combat Tested + Brutal + Living Weapon + Fast + Hard + Scary Look
  • Thu Mar 2, 2017 10:51 pm
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
This lot of guards are trained, and somewhat expecting such an action from a warrior. While the soldiers nearest each wall keep their weapons trained on the end of the corridor, the ones in the middle let off a number of rounds of plasma bolts from their rifles. The Imperials' latest toys, these things hurt like hell but also cauterize the wounds they make! Designed to incapacitate but not kill the black market would, quite literally, kill to get their hands on some of these!

Alive + Soldier + Discipline + Rifle + Strategy + Shooting +1 bonus from Naomi's under-achieving roll =7. Target of 3 to hit: 7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0) = 3

As Naomi rushes towards the Imperial barricade several of the plasma shots hit her; one to the leg, another to the shoulder and the third to the side of her belly. The pit fighter in her disregards the injuries and ploughs on through the pain. Indeed, that is just what her body does, ploughs right on through! A nice Naomi-sized hole appears in the centre of the barricade, and several of the guards are propelled backwards onto their collective backsides as a result.

As Naomi comes to a stand-still she finds herself at least 3 metres behind enemy lines, alone, back in a weird semi-darkness lit mostly by the dull green glow of emergency lighting, and with some of the soldiers turning to face her once more!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1051898. Bifford
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0) =
  • Thu Mar 2, 2017 11:07 pm
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus Vance meets an old friend.
"Ah Silas, it has been a while. By now, I would've thought you'd be captaining your own frigate... or drummed out altogether. Lieutenant on a coast guard?" Cyrus shakes his head sadly, but keeping his eyes fixed on Silas's, and thumbs hooked casually into his belt, close to the pistols.

Silas shook his head, "Sir... er... sorry, old habits, you know. Ever since Lord Ash was put in charge, everyone who knew anything about his past was put on a very short leash... the choice was to either become his bosom buddy, or be put to pasture."

Cyrus cocks his head, "And that begs the question... you haven't exactly been shooting up the ladder, but here you are in a lieutenant uniform. Who's man are you?"

"I have my own connections, you know... and not every general is quite in line with Lord Ash's military philosophy's."

"That's an interesting statement. Please... go on."

Alive + Imp. Soldier + Tactics + Command + Soldiers + Connections + Rank

To get Silas to confide and trust Cyrus. Target 3 7custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 3

Silas sighs, then sits down. Cyrus moves to the side of the desk, the better to keep his eyes on his former subordinate.

"Even though The Hand isn't a crown jewel in the command, she's still one of the faster ships, and the Captain got word through some of his upstream connections that there was some special 'cargo' that was passing through. And there was a VERY specific description of The Owl to go with it."

"What Cargo?"

"Don't know. I was just told that we had to seize the ship, secure the crew and all passengers, and await instructions. This is definitely not the normal chain of command. We weren't told to wire HQ, we were given a different channel to contact via wireless. Seeing you has been more than a bit of a shock."

"I see. Well, that does make things somewhat complicated, doesn't it?" Cyrus lets these words hang for a long moment, and Silas begins to look uncomfortable.

"Look, I can't help you. I'm already on a short leash. Given the slightest excuse, Ash would have me drummed out, if I'm lucky. I think he'd rather have me hung for treason."

"No no, I wouldn't ask you to help me... not directly. But unless you want to give Lord Ash exactly what he wants, you're going to have to buy me some time."

Silas starts to protest, but Cyrus raises his hand.

"Look, I'm not asking you to do anything you shouldn't do. I just want you to do more of it."

Cyrus explains what he wants of Silas, lots of commands, some contradictions here and there, full of noise and fury.

"Lets give the crew more on their plate then they can handle."

Key of Command

While Silas has been willing to listen so far, I'm not certain if he'll follow through with the plan. I'll let Lady Blackbird try to seal the deal, or alternatively, allow Bifford to decide whether Silas follows through or not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1052797. straydawg
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • To get Silas to confide and trust Cyrus. Target 3
  • Sat Mar 4, 2017 7:07 pm
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I push myself off the wall. I stride to Vance's side, looking down at Silas.

We may speak directly, yes? Considering I've just told you who I am, and my reasons for leaving are likely well known at this point, I am the "cargo" you seek.

Lord Ash is under the thumb of Count Carlowe, who is trying to force into me marriage with him. If you're uncomfortable with his leadership and power, you have no idea what Carlowe will bestow upon him should you return me to him. While he may have promised you rewards, or at least the ability to retain this meager position that obviously does not suit you, the outcome of my forced return will not bode well for you.

I consider casting a spell upon him to compel him to comply; however, a freely compliant Silas, on our side, will be more authentically helpful towards us getting off this ship.

I look at Silas, full bore into his eyes, and say, Whatever Lord Ash has promised you, I can do better. The house of Blackbird will stand behind you and your reward will be far greater than anything you have in front of you now. Will you work with Vance to get us off this ship?

Alive + Charm + Charisma + Presence + Command + Nobles + Soldiers + 1 pool (Target 4, this is a major plot point) 8custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0) = 4

Silas, eyes troubled but with a gleam of desire, nods.

Excellent. Then why don't you two soldiers of war work out the details of Vance's plan? I'm sure this will be just like old times for you.

Both look at me, at each other, a slight laugh shared between them over their past history. I smirk.

Well, the good parts, gentlemen. Let's have some fun, yes?

Key of the Paragon, Key of the Mission

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1053494. funkdonut
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0) =
  • Mon Mar 6, 2017 2:40 pm
Joline
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi is counting on Snargle and Kale following her to keep at least a few soldiers occupied. 'I'd better take them out as fast as I can, or I'm a sitting duck!' She turns around and attacks the soldiers that are focusing on her. Her wounded leg is slowing her down, but as a pitfighter she's had worse injuries.

Alive + Pit Fighter + Combat Tested + Brutal + Living Weapon + Hard + 2 pool dice 8custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 5

Judging injured to both effect her speed and diminish her intimidation through the scary look.
-edit Key of the Warrior? I'm not sure cause it's the same battle..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1054370. mebririth
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • Alive + Pit Fighter + Combat Tested + Brutal + Living Weapon + Hard + 2 pool dice
  • Tue Mar 7, 2017 8:18 pm
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale's immediate reaction is to pull back around the corner, this just as Naomi charges forward into the Imperial barricade.

'Gods is this woman trying to get us killed?'

Kale pokes her head around the corner to see Naomi take a few hits and barrel through the barricade. The formation is broken but the two soldiers in front are still keeping an eye towards Kale and Snargle's direction as the others try to overpower Naomi.

As Naomi disappears into the melee, Kale pulls off her fancy-looking belt and begins to pull it apart, pulling the buckle pin off drops the buckle to the floor and loosens the braided cord dropping a few tools and other decorative bits to the floor. Kale untwists and shakes apart the belt to bring it to its full length, nearly 6 meters long of thin but reasonably strong cord.

Kale works the cord into a lasso, wraps the whole bit over her shoulder and picks up the weighty metal buckle. Ducking around the corner she wings the buckle at the headlamp of the first guard she can see.

Alive, Tricky, Quick, Dirty Fighting, +1 pool: target 3
Who throws a belt-buckle, honestly? 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0) = 4
- 0 pool remaining.

Kale ducks back around the corner as soon as she releases the belt buckle and smiles to herself as she hears the headlamp shatter and the Imperial swearing. She picks up some of the random bits of belt off the floor and readies herself.

Kale looks to Snargle and leaves him with a "wish me luck!" and she darts out towards the Imperial barricade before Snargle can respond.

Kale rounds the corner fully and bounces upwards to draw the single light pointed at her upwards, as the light moves upwards to track with her she flings the belt debris at the light, hoping to just give that guard a reason to lower his gaze and protect his eyes.

Alive, Tricky, Quick, Dirty Fighting, Tumbler : Target 3
Pocket Sand! 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 2

Kale's bounding gets her up to the barricade but the guard recovered faster than expected and he gets a shot off at Kale before she can get to grips with him. With a leg suddenly screaming in pain Kale attempts to flip over the crate and behind the guard, pulling the lasso and cord from over her shoulder...

Alive, Tricky, Quick, Dirty Fighting, Tumbler, Contortionist : Target 4
Cirque de - How do you like me now?!! 6custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 2

Kale's injured leg throws the whole thing off and while she manages to get over the crate the guard catches her arms and grapples Kale to the floor.

Key of the Mission
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1055891. LunaWolvesMan
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0) =
  • Who throws a belt-buckle, honestly?
  • Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:36 am
  • [+]
  • 1055899. LunaWolvesMan
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • Pocket Sand!
  • Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:55 am
  • [+]
  • 1055902. LunaWolvesMan
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • Cirque de - How do you like me now?!!
  • Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:08 am
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus thinks it's time for some fireworks.
"Alright Silas, I think we have an understanding." Cyrus waits for Silas' careful nod.

"Good. So this is what I want you to do. First of all, we came in here yelling and screaming and threatening to seize the bridge from under the nose of the captain. You see, we're quite crazy pirates, working under cover for Uriah Flint. This has all been a plan to secretly seize the Hand of Sorrow for the pirate king."

Triple the bridge guard, lets put 15 more bodies on that bridge. Put a platoon outside the bridge door. Oh, and you may express that the villanous pirates also have several goblins... so they should be suspicious of anyone trying to get in the bridge. There is at least one prison guard who can verify the presence of goblins.

Cyrus smiles as a thought crosses his mind. "And you may want to mention that we may have accidentally let slip that Uriah has friends 'on top,' and mentioned "the Lord Admiral" once."

"Finally, we'll need access to a few small explosive devices, and some timers. Nothing that wouldn't be available to yourself as the Lieutenant. I would be willing to bet, if you haven't changed TOO much that you have some on hand in your office. Lots of noise and smoke, not too much destruction."

At Silas' nod, Cyrus grins. Silas shows him the concussion grenades.

Excellent. Of course, we can't have you being a "collaborator." So I apologize, this may hurt a bit. Silas grimaces, but nods in understanding.

"We'll set the timers for about ten minutes. These should be enough to let you start reinforcing the idea that a full scale incursion is occurring.

It's been good to see you old friend."
As Silas shuts his eyes and cocks his chin up, braced for the blow, Cyrus' fist smashes him across the eye... just hard enough to bruise him, but no lasting damage.

Alive+Warrior+BattleHardened+Brawl=Difficulty 2 cause Silas is willing and able. 4custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 2 Target 2.

Silas' head rocks back a bit and his eye starts to swell almost immediately.

Cyrus nods to Lady Blackbird and starts yelling a little bit with incomprehensible mutterings, then throws some random paperwork on the floor and topples a chair on it's side.

"Quickly now!" Cyrus pushes open the door and leads the lady away. As he expected the soldier they had convinced had vanished. Either hiding, or bringing help. Either way, their work here was done.

"Lets stage a boarding party."

Key of Command
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1060110. straydawg
  • 4custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • Difficulty 2 cause Silas is willing and able.
  • Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:26 pm
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |