Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
116 Posts
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Lady Blackbird» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Bifford's Lady Blackbird IC - Newbie Initiative 2017 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Newbie-Initiative [+] 2017 [+] PbF_started_2017 [+] [View All]
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus hopes his plan works.
Cyrus settles in, he could hear the guards just outside the doors now. Hopefully the flickering light would be disorienting and confusing enough to prevent the guards from identifying Boyd, seeing through Snargle's disguise and allow Kale to slip by undetected. A lot to ask.

_____________________________________________________

I'm going to offer some "Help" here from my "camoflauge" skill (having Kale knock the light out (to flicker), 2 separate pool dice that can be accepted to help on these next roles. If you're going to take the help, make sure to note which role you're taking and I'll edit my post.

Quote:

In the post where you are narrate the aid giving, roll 1custom2{0;1} so they know if you do indeed help, or if you don't. They can then either make their roll (without the extra dice added in) or edit their narration to show your extra help/bumbling idiocy

Role 1: 1custom2{0;1} = (1) = 1
Role 2: 1custom2{0;1} = (1) = 1

That was some stellar help!


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1025145. straydawg
  • 1custom2{0;1} =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:22 pm
  • [+]
  • 1025146. straydawg
  • 1custom2{0;1} =
  • (1) =
  • 1
  • Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:22 pm
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This plan better work. I need to get out of this stinking ship. Naomi's been loyal to me, she better be loyal enough to jump in front of me when she needs to. I really don't want to reveal any magic ability unless I need to, because then they will definitely suspect my identity is not what I they think it is. Stormblood is stronger than this ridiculous false identity, and one way or the other, I know that I will get out this. If any of these people come with me, fine, but the Blackbird name opens doors. Stormblood will blow them off their hinges.

The captain keeps looking at me. His eyes have a green ring around them. He's not bad looking, actually.

No roll. Letting others do the work.

Tag: Key of the Paragon because my nobility is preventing me from doing the actual work of this escape. (So far.)






5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I shake my head, something feels strange, fuzzy...
'What happened there? The heat from that transformation felt strange, I've never heard about it giving of energy like that... I'll think some more on it later, now there's first these guards coming.'
I place myself standing between the door of the holding cell and Alice, guarding her from unwanted intention and in the process also blocking the view of Boyd in the back of the cell.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus: One last thing
Just before the guards push open the door, Cyrus says, just loud enough for his cohorts to hear.

"Everyone rendezvous in the hanger, no later than one hour from now!"
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions for everyone: (only answer a few each!)

Do you remember the way to the hanger?

Where is the hanger - how far? Same level? What lies between you and it? Is that timescale feasable?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
'Hangar, right; sure, ship this class we should be about midway in the belly now; hangar's at the rear... I can make that, easy.

The guards came tumbling through the door; making far too much noise than necessary.

'Here we go...'

Four guards had come to see what the commotion was; the guard at the forefront, closest to Snargle, barked;

"Report!"

"Power's gone, sir!" He straightened his back and nodded up at the lights;

"I can see that! What about the noise?"

"Nothing of concern, sir; just lost my footing, sir. Light's blowing took me by surprise, is all."

The senior guard glared intently at Snargle, two more guard behind had their attention fixed on the entertainment unravelling before them; the last guard in the back was idly glancing into the cell where Vance & the others were.

'All eyes on me...' he thought, 'Now's your chance Kale...'
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale makes an escape

'An hour? I hope Vance doesn't plan on leaving right away or I'll be holding the fuel lines together with my shirt.'


Kale pulls off her boots as the guards rush in and begin interrogating Snargle, she slips out behind them and moves quietly down the hall carrying her boots.

'Let me see here, was it just beyond this next corner I saw a maintenance hatch?'

Kale rounds the corner and starts down another hall, as she nears the next corner she hears footsteps running down the hall towards her. Lacking any convenient hiding places Kale slips her boots on and braces herself. She steps out just as a young crew member of the Hand of Sorrow rounds the corner nearly in a full run. He is completely surprised and plows into Kale while wearing a truly shocked expression.

"Oh gods! I'm so sorry!" he says as he tries to help Kale off the ground. Kale waves his hand away as she regains her feet.

"Take it easy will ya?"

"I'm sorry, I have urgent orders from Captain Hollas, pardon me!"

The guard begins moving past Kale before turning around with a sudden realization.

"Hey, what are you doing here without your uniform?"

"There's a power outage here in the Brig and I've been called in off-shift to come fix it. See for yourself down that hall there. Now, we both have urgent business so stop hassling me while I try to fix this."

As the guard suspiciously walks to the end of the hall and looks around.

"Alright get those lights on, I have orders to take this smuggler to Captain Hollas immediately, he thinks he might have identified him."

"I'm on it."

Kale turns away from the guard and heads to the maintenance hatch. She pulls it open and goes down to the subfloor, closing the hatch behind her.

'Vance you're nothing but trouble.'

Kale crawls along the subfloor looking for a fusebox or a junction of any sort. She finds something promising and starts to mapout the wiring.

'Why do none of these maintenance people leave a diagram for these things? It makes sense on the Owl but you'd think these people would be more professional about it. Ah here this should do the trick!'

Kale works to sabotage the systems in the Brig area.
Alive + Mechanic + Sabotage + 1Pool (target 3)
Sabotage Attempt #1 4custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 0) = 1
Gained 1 pool for failure, 3 pool remaining.


Kale shorts across the alarm systems in the Brig causing an immediate uproar as alarms begin sounding in the halls above.

Kale yells to herself in the crawlspace.
"DAMNIT! WELL THAT'S A TYPE OF DISTRACTION ISN'T IT! WELL WHAT ABOUT THIS THEN!"

Kale struggles to quickly find a better sabotage option.
Alive + Mechanic + Sabotage + 2Pool (target 4)
Sabotage #2 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 2
Gained 1 pool for failure, 4 pool remaining.


5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1028222. LunaWolvesMan
  • 4custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • 1
  • Sabotage Attempt #1
  • Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:39 pm
  • [+]
  • 1028227. LunaWolvesMan
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • 2
  • Sabotage #2
  • Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:46 pm
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Regarding Vance's two help rolls, we will count those as helping towards both characters successes even though they didn't roll for the bluff and sneaking. I'm also going to add one of them into a roll in this post.


Alarm bells clanged in all the hallways surrounding the brig, and yet inside that one small space no such noise sounded. It was an oasis of calm in the surrounding storm.

And then the guards reacted with the speed only the trained Imperials can.

Guns flew out of holsters and in to hands quicker than you could blink. Two of them faced the occupied cell, pointing the guns at the door, while the other two faced the corridor out. A figure came towards them at a run and in his panic one of the guards's fingers squeezed the trigger, then at the last second recognised one of the Lieutenants and jerked his hand sideways, making the shot go wide!

Skidding to a halt the Lieutenant glared at the errant guard before saying "You two, quickly now, I think one of the prisoners just went down Hatch 32D5 down there. Deal with her!" As they jogged off down the tunnel he turned to the Guard-Snargle and looked at him oddly.

Alice+Imperial Soldier+Command+Soldiers - Target 3 to recognise Snargle 4custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 3

"You! You are Not a member of my crew, and you are certainly not the man named on that badge! Guards, seize him!"

The other two guards take a firm hold of Snargle by his arm, just under the armpit, guns firmly trained on him as they do so.

"Who are you, and what are your plans?"


In the distance there was the sound of yet more pounding feet.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1028356. Bifford
  • 4custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Alice+Imperial Soldier+Command+Soldiers - Target 3 to recognise Snargle
  • Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:35 pm
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
'Ai, that's not according to plan. If we wait for those new guards to arrive we'll be done for. Right now there's only three of them, which might be the best odd we'll get.'

I look around to Vance and silently mouth to him 'Plan B, get ready.' I'm already standing very close to the door, but now I cross over to the door quickly

Waiting for Vance to unlock this door costs too many precious seconds. I'll have to get us out myself or we'll be overrun.'

I quickly grab the bars of the door and pull with all my might.
Alive + Pitfighter + Brutal + Fast + Hard + 3 pool dice 8custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0) = 2

With an unvoluntary roar I rip the door from its hinges. I put it against the bench, next to Alice, "Here, use it as a shield if you need. " And I quickly follow Vance, who responded very fast, out of the cell to overwhelm the guards.


I use my secret of destruction to be able to do this and I think no pool dice were used before this, so I still had my full 7.
I was also thinking since it's a locked jaildoor the difficulty would not be 3, so I'm hoping for 4?

-edit2 ooh, didn't realise how powerful my destruction secret was...



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1028387. mebririth
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • 2
  • Alive + Pitfighter + Brutal + Fast + Hard + 3 pool dice
  • Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:12 pm
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus sees Naomi pull on the bars of the cage. The tendons stand out from her neck and her arms, and while the door groans a bit, it doesn't move. The guards glance towards her, and Cyrus curses.. No time for subtlety, he grabs the bars and pulls with her.

Using my Survivorl toughness skill to help out 1custom2{0;1} = (0) = 0

providing one more pool die to help Naomi


The metal squealed, and bars twisted! The door swings wide. Cyrus looks a little stunned for a moment, he could've sworn it wasn't going to move. He pats the key in his pocket, "I guess this isn't going to matter much anymore!"

No time for hesitation, the guards were definitely staring at them, and he had to do whatever he could to keep them away from Alice! He could see at least one of them reaching for his side arm.

"Take them!"
he orders, then rushes at the leader of guards, with his best, most intimidating and terrifying growl he can manage, hoping to shock them for just long enough so his team can overwhelm them.

Alive+Survivor+Tough+Run+Endure+Creepy Stare+Intimidate+1Pool target 3, 8custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 2

Only rushing the one guard, so target is only 3. Not certain I could take the others! Well, apparently I can't even manage one! With 8 dice!!!

The blinking light disorients Cyrus, and instead of ramming into the guard, he sideswipes into Snargle, and both of them go crashing in a heap of tangled limbs.

Key of command / Key of Hidden Longing
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1028394. straydawg
  • 1custom2{0;1} =
  • (0) =
  • 0
  • Using my Survivorl toughness skill to help out
  • Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:25 pm
  • [+]
  • 1028402. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) =
  • 1
  • Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:34 pm
  • [+]
  • 1028404. straydawg
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0) =
  • 1
  • Target=3
  • Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:34 pm
  • [+]
  • 1029607. straydawg
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • 2
  • target 3,
  • Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:46 am
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just before I head to bed - the 2 on breaking the door is enough because of Naomi's secret of deztruction. Go ahead, both of you, and edit the posts.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the junction under the floor, just aside from Hatch 32D5, Kale attempted to find a better sabotage option. She pulled a miscellaneous item out of her hidden tool-belt, which was a short piece of highly conductive wire with insulation covering the middle 2/3rds so it could be handled without the user being electrified.

She placed one end against a high-voltage capacitor and went to touch the other end to a relay, but as the wire neared the destination point an arc of static electricity jumped from a partially damaged node and made an instinctive connection with the wire, and from there to Kale, taking with it the built up electricity from the capacitor.

More volts than she cared to think about surged through Kales body and sent her flying through the air, to smack hard against a bulkhead and slump to the floor, unconscious.

Condition: Injured

A few moments later Hatch 32D5 was yanked open and an Imperial soldier stuck his head carefully down into the crawl space. Glancing around he saw Kale sprawled out and said a quick word to his colleague. They both dropped down and made their way along to Kale, slapped her gently on the cheek but when she didn't move started to haul her back along to the hatch.

Getting her out could be a difficult matter however....!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
NAOMI! DAMMIT!

She left me! How dare she?

I am holding a door. More like cage bars, but a door. Cyrus and Snargle are doing their best to be human obstacles, just in terms of physically laying on the ground. Fabulous. Here's hoping the guards don't trip or something. Because honestly, that would be the best thing that's happened to us in a while.

Ugh. Us. I'm relying on these fools.

Not for much longer.

Carrying my door like a shield, I exit the cell. Cyrus and Snargle trying to disentangle themselves, the guards standing behind them at the ready, Naomi looking as if to jump and strike.

Enough already.

"Naomi, get your back up against the wall! You two, stay down!"

Calling upon the ancient Stormblood magic that courses through my veins, I cast a spell to blow the metal cage doors away from me straight at the guards.

"Be gone!"

Target 3
alive + Master Sorcerer + spell caster + channeling + Stormblood + Wind + 1pool die=7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 3


The door flies from my hands, slamming into the guards and pushing them down the hallway away from us.

I look at Cyrus, Snargle, and Naomi.

Holding my head high, I say, "My name is Natasha Syri, Lady Blackbird. It is my intent that we continue our mission and travel to The Remnants. As such, I would prefer that you remove yourselves from the floor, and let's leave. We must get to the ship.

"Kale's in trouble."


Key of the Mission, buyoff Key of the Impostor

I slump to the floor. I hold my hand out, saying, "Naomi..."
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1029670. funkdonut
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • 3
  • Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:07 am
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
straydawg wrote:
Key of command / Key of Hidden Longing

Both hit. XP now at 6. Feel free to unlock a tag of your choice or gain an extra Pool Dice!


funkdonut wrote:
Key of the Mission, buyoff Key of the Impostor

Key hit. (1x). Key bought off!! (2xp) Feel free to 1. choose a new Key! 2. unlock a tag of your choice or gain an extra pool dice!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alarm bells are still sounding in the distance, but weirdly not on this floor. Whatever Kale did she managed to do it well enough that you were not all being deafened by the sirens on this level, at least for now.

The Imperial guards are prostrate just inside the corridor, with a heavy door on top of them. One of them is looking decidedly less than alive, with his neck and head at a strange angle from where he hit the door frame. The others are struggling to get up.

One of the guns lies on the floor between you and them, but so too does the now changed Ali....Natasha Syri....or Lady Blackbird as she called herself. She's looking a combination of pissed off, imperious, demanding as well as still a little bit vulnerable.


Questions:

Lady Blackbird: How does it feel to loose those shackles of assumed poverty and to take up your birthright with these people?; Do you feel guilty for having fooled them? Especially Naomi who has trusted you so much since you free her!; Do you feel remorse that you have killed a guard, and maybe injured the others? Have you ever taken a life before?; Using the extra powers of your Stormblood MUST take its toll on your body, either physically, mentally, or maybe both? What are those effects and are they instantaneous or delayed?

Naomi: Ali...scrap that...Lady Blackbird just revealed herself and admitted she'd lied to you all this time. You knew something was amis, but a Noble? Do you Hate Nobles? They are the reason for your incarceration!Is your blood boiling at her deception?; Everyone else is having fun tumbling around and killing Imperials, you are missing all the glorious action! Are fists going to fly or is that weapon looking mighty tempting!?

Cyrus: A Noble? How the blue blazes has she fooled you, YOU, Captain Cyrus!?; You did checks on her before you left land, surely? Her chip came back as Alice, but didn't you did further?; Stop rolling around on the floor like a child, man, you're better than this! Aren't you? Or are you really a little boy playing at being a man? There's a weapon there, shouldn't you have that?

Snargle: How undignified! Rolling around on the floor with the Captain, and it's not even a Treacle-Mud Fight Arena! By the High-Goblin's back teeth you miss those wrestling matches! Is it time to reminisce?; Do you still need to be an Imperial soldier now this lot are down?; How much do you hate pretending to be a human? Don't your kind normally despise humans with their fighting and their squabbling over women? Would you be better off being a mouse, to scamper away, or a small Rhino to charge down hallways? You Love changing shape, so why stick to just one for so long?



Kale: Are you still out cold, or are you starting to come around? If you are waking what is your natural "fight or flight" instinct going to do when it cottons on to the fact that you're being hoisted out of the crawl-space under the corridor? Did the accident hurt you in any other way other than throwing you back and knocking you out on the wall? Just how Pissed off are you with both yourself and the world for that almighty cock-up?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi, who rushed to get out of the way is impressed. "Ooh, nice save Alic.. Lady, Mam!"
She sees Natasha slump to the ground, which triggers her protective instinct, she's come to like Alice and this is still the same woman who rescued her. Normally she would either be very submissive (if, like usual, a noble could ruin her life) or just stone-cold ignore them (if they could not). But this temporary weakness of Natasha is just enough to let Naomi overcome that distance. When she helps Natasha she asks: "So what do I call you now?"
She decides to leave it at that for now and wait for the explanation and thus her final judgement for when there's not a troup of Imperials trying to carry off the mechanic of the get-away-airship.

Naomi balls her fists and readies herself to storm at the Imperials, but she waits to see if Natasha is steady enough to follow on her own.

Key of the Guardian
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Into the vents
From his unique perspective on the floor 'Ugh, this is filthly!' Snargle spotted an airvent, low on the ground at the back end of the brig; it'd be dark but Goblins have great vision in the gloom.

Not wishing to be any further part of the violence that seemed to follow this Lady Blackbird woman, Snargle resolved it was high-time to get out of this disgustingly pale human form.

'If I'm smaller and faster than the others I can get to Kale...'

Snargle focussed and started shape-warping again, 'Something small, big eyes for seeing in the dark, maybe claws - who knows what's in the bowels of this thing - aaaaaaaaand, screw it, oversized bi-ped bat creature sounds sick...'. There was still a limit to how small he could get - 'Can only condense n' stretch bone so far!' - and time was of the essence.

Roll for a successful shape-warp:
Goblin + Warp Shape + Glide + Nightvision + Agile + Quick + Teeth & Claws
Target 3 as despite Secret of Shape Warping, we're in a hurry! 7custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 6


Success!

Snargle jumped up and squeaked at Vance;
"See you down there, Cap!"

With that he charged headlong into the vent grate; 'It'll be fine...'; bashing his head straight into the grate. Reckless? Maybe.

'Gets the job done.'
Key of the Daredevil

With that he was into the ducts.

'Right, Hatch 32D5, let's find Kale.'

5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1030418. wvelkala
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • 6
  • Target 3 as despite Secret of Shape Warping, we're in a hurry!
  • Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:15 pm
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus re-evaluates
"What just happened!?!"

One minute, he'd been charging the guard, trying to put himself between them and everyone else. The next, he was lying on the floor, entangled with Snargle, and three guards lying prostrate on the floor.

It took him one more long second to think through what Alice had said.

"BlackBird!?!" No wonder her face seemed familiar to him, Lord Gandalf, the man who had sponsored him into the naval academy, he was a lessor cousin on the Blackbirds. Now that he knew what to look for, he saw it in the way she cocked her head, threw back her hair... she looked so much like Gandalf, but more feminine, more graceful. "Sorry old friend," he mentally apologized to his mentor, "but she looks like a sexy Gandalf."

He shook his head, Snargle had vanished, having delivered his parting whisper.

Cyrus pulled himself to his feet and carefully steps around the protective Naomi and the collapsed Alice "errrrr... Natasha" Cyrus corrected himself and scoops up the pistol, training it on the soldiers.

"Gentlemen, my apologies, as this was clearly not the way I had hoped this would go. You see, It's very important to me that you not incur any more injury, and this poor fellow has sadly come out much the worse for it. My sincerest regrets." Cyrus gestures to the unlucky soldier."You see, I was once a soldier like yourself, in proud service of the Imperial Navy. If circumstances had been but a little different, I would possibly be even know calling you my brothers, and I sincerely hope that one day I may do so again. But in the meanwhile, I need ask you to surrender your arms, and allow yourself to be restrained. I do not wish to see your deaths today."

Cyrus thus commands the soldiers to surrender, and allow themselves to be bound.

Alive+ImperialSoldier+Tactics+Command+Soldiers+Rank+Connections Target 2 since one is dead, they're beneath the door, and I have a pistol trained on them 7custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 3

Key of the outcast

The soldiers solemnly thrust their arms through the barred door, as Cyrus indicates, and using strips of cloth from their fallen comrade, he binds them as best he can. Hopefully that will hold them for a little bit.

Cyrus digs back in his memory, to his training in the marines, and recalls his medical training. "Not enough to save this poor man," he thinks to himself, checking the fallen soldier, "but perhaps I can offer Ali... Lady Blackbird some assistance.".

Cyrus has gained the ability "Medic" which is a Survivor skill.
5 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1030695. straydawg
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Target 2 since one is dead, they're beneath the door, and I have a pistol trained on them
  • Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:11 pm
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If casting a spell is like pushing warmth out of you, after a spell you just feel empty, so empty, and cold. I slumped to the ground because I lacked the ability to stay up, but Naomi, sweet crazy Naomi, did more than just help me up. Perhaps she didn't notice anything unusual as I struggled and pulled on her arm to stand, I was pulling her energy from her.

I hope I didn't pull too much. Not sure we're out of this fight yet.

"Na..Na...Natasha will be fine.". Part of me from all my training and upbringing resists such formality, but then, this battering ram of a female did just pick my spent self off the floor. I will need her. Best to keep her on my side as much as possible. Especially as I will need to rest, and soon, or may not be able to control myself if I have to cast a spell again before I do so. I wobble a bit more, for good measure, then treat her to a weak smile, the barest fluttering of lashes. Her arm tightens around mine. Good. She's still protective of me.

I see Vance tying the hands of the soldiers, and I notice that one of the soldiers...is dead. The force of my spell must have killed him. I regret the loss of life, but this is war, even my own personal war, and death must be an expectation for soldiers. Now I know I need to rest soon. The act of pushing out someone's life force entirely creates an instability that threatens everyone if I am pushed too hard. We need to find that junk Owl.

I nudge Naomi, to have her guide me to the bound soldiers. I know what I must look like; he saw me cast the spell, but now he sees the way my hair still fights and flows in a non-existent, at least to him, wind, and the way the whites of my eyes have roiling clouds seeming to roll within them. I use this to my advantage, commanding as much noble haughtiness I can summon:

"Where is the hangar? Where is the Owl?"

Alive + Charm + Presence + Command + Nobles + Soldiers (NEW TAG!), Target 3 = 6custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 3

The bound soldier tell us. I turn to see if Vance heard and...we collide. He's standing right there, looking at me.

"I need, I need..." I collapse. I black out just as someone, Naomi, Vance? catches me before I hit the floor.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1031757. funkdonut
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • 3
  • Wed Feb 1, 2017 5:08 am
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi catches Natasha as she falls. "Natasha, are you ok? Vance Can you stay close? I can carry Natasha, but that does mean I don't have my hands free if anyone attacks us. Lets go get Kale and then get to the Owl! Naomi immediately starts dragging Natasha down the corridor, not wanting to waste extra time.

Key of the Guardian (and Naomi's status was not updated last time)
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus
Cyrus announces loudly, "To the captains chambers! Lets grab all the loot we can!" and pulls Naomi and Alice out of the hold, grabbing one of the guards hats. A little misdirection for the sake of the two conscious and surviving guards wouldn't hurt.

I'll roll to see if that works if and when it becomes necessary

Looking quickly up and down the cooridor, Cyrus takes stock. Quietly he whispers to Naomi, "Alright, a few good things... we're not locked up, and it appears that noone's coming our direction. Yet. We managed to pick up a few pistols as well."

Cyrus sticks one in his belt, then with an apologetic look, shoves two in Naomi's belt, palming the fourth. Finally, he places the hat on his head. Not much for a disguise, but it could buy them a couple of seconds. And a few seconds could be the difference between life and death.

"Alright, now the bad. Alice... er... her ladyship appears to be down for the count, I have no idea where Snargle and Kale are, what all the alarms mean, whether or not the wireless was put out of order, and the Owl is still out of commission. Things are quiet now, but I think it would be a VERY bad idea to be around when they start sorting things out."

"So, here's what we need to get done. First, we need to find out the status of Snargle and Kale and rendevous with them, hopefully they've found their way to the hanger. Second, we need to retrieve our arms, I'm hopeful they were feeling lazy and stowed them in the hanger. Third, we need to get the Owl fixed and airworthy. First stop.. the hanger.


Key of Command
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"Well, when that Lieutenant sent those two guards after Kale, he sent them that way, so we might as well see if we find Kale on the way to the hanger. Or maybe we'll find those guards, it's probably not a bad idea to take them out a few at a time instead of waiting for them to regroup." Naomi is longing to get in on the fight, so far others have done all the fighting and this does not sit well with her. Eagerly she lifts up Natasha and throws her over her shoulder, making it easier for her to walk and, if necessary, shoot.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Snargle was a little dazed from harpooning himself through the grate into the duct. He had a thick skull in this form but it still hurt like hell. Shaking it off and scrabbling through the air ducts he kept his eye out for a route into the maintenance tunnels.

'They must cross over somewhere around here... I doubt Kale got too far'

In the distance behind him he heard Vance shouting something about loot but beneath that he could hear unfamiliar voices coming from elsewhere. Snargle sped up, half leaping half gliding through the ducts toward the new voices.

He reached a vent going out into a very narrow tunnel and through the slats could just about see someone's boots lying sideways.

'Kale!'

Just as he realised these were his friend's boots some other boots came into view, black, military laced boots, then somewhere off to the left a voice;

"Grab her feet, we'll need to haul her out of here!"

The space was tight and it was poor lighting, perhaps he could get through and quick enough to surprise the back one and cause him some trouble.

'This'll need some fast warping; can't wait for the others!

Snargle knew humans would always get scared of the unknown, the dark and big... shiny... teeth.

He kicked out the grate, startling the two guards,

"What was that?" The back one dropped Kale's legs and spun around.

Snargle elongated his arm out through the space, across the width of the tunnel and part way up the opposite wall, clawing at the metal and started to drag himself out of the air duct, growling and make every guttural noise he could.

He crept through and as each part of him came out of the duct he grew bigger and bigger to fill the space and tower over the guards. He watched as they stared in awe and fear as this great black mass expanded before them with spines and spikes, teeth and claws and piercing, striking, almost luminous yellow eyes.

Snargle paused once he was all out of the duct. Snarling; heaving his breath to be as noisey as possible. Glaring at the two guards, almost daring them to try something. He stepped forward with one of his huge arms; the guard closest to him faltered but didn't run yet.

Snargle leant forward ominously; opened his huge toothy maw and roared in the Guard's face.

Rolling to see if Snargle can scare off the two guards
Base + Goblin + warp shape + nightvision + agile + quick + teeth&claws + 1 pool die
Target 3 to scare off the closest; Target 4 to scare off both Guards at once 8custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 5

Key of Daredevil


With spittle on his face and very little colour left in it the first guard turned and ran, straight away; the second, albeit more stalwart than the first watched as his only back up disappeared down the tunnel - too frightened to climb out of the hatch right by them - and with one more lurch forward and a deep throaty growl from Snargle, he turned and ran too.

"We need a LOT more men down here!" he screamed into his communicator as he went.

Snargle shrank back down to his normal size and rushed over to Kale;

"C'mon, wake up! We gotta go, NOW!"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1035278. wvelkala
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • 5
  • Target 3 to scare off the closest; Target 4 to scare off both Guards at once
  • Mon Feb 6, 2017 3:22 pm
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Natasha awakens
"C'mon, wake up! We gotta go, NOW!"

Was it that voice calling out that jarred me awake? Or my head, bouncing against the not insubstantial Naomi?

"Naomi...!" I struggle to reuse my voice, to make it loud enough. "I can walk!"

I use my hands on Naomi to push myself up and off her, sliding down to the floor. I grab her hand, and begin to run quietly in the direction of the hangar, I hope. Naomi easily keeps up with me.

We see a soldier at his station, and he startles up. Naomi moves into strike, and I stop her with my arm.

Looking at the soldier, I say, mustering a fair bit of my noble aura, "You will tell me now where the hangar is." I add a brilliant flash of a smile and watch with impatient amusement at the soldier's stammering response.

I hear, feel Naomi's disappointment at my blocking her attack. We do not need to raise additional alarms. We need to get out.

Alive + Charm + Presence + Command + Soldiers +1 pool Target 3 = 6custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1) = 4

The soldier looks around quickly, left then right, then says, "I'll take you there." He heads in the direction we were traveling, and we follow.

Key of the Mission

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1035984. funkdonut
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1) =
  • 4
  • Tue Feb 7, 2017 4:10 am
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mebririth wrote:
Key of the Guardian (and Naomi's status was not updated last time)

Well pointed out! Corrected!


Cyrus - Key of command hit, 1 xp.

Snargle, Key of daredevil and going into danger - 2xp

Blackbird key hit. 1xp

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   |