Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb

[Geeklist Item Link Here]Lady Blackbird 2017 Newbie PBF Signup Geeklist Item[/here]

2017 Newbie Initiative - Lady Blackbird In-Character Thread
2017 Newbie Initiative - Lady Blackbird Out-Of-Character Thread
2017 Newbie Initiative - Lady Blackbird Character Geeklist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Lady Blackbird is on the run from an arranged marriage to Count Carlowe. She hired a smuggler skyship, The Owl, to take her from her palace on the Imperial world of Ilysium to the far reaches of the Remnants, so she could be with her once secret lover, the pirate king Uriah Flint.

However, just before reaching the halfway point of Haven, The Owl was pursued and captured by the Imperial cruiser Hand of Sorrow, under charges of flying a false flag.

Even now Lady Blackbird, her bodyguard, and the crew of The Owl are detained in the brig, while the commander of the cruiser, Captain Hollas, runs the smuggler ship’s registry over the wireless. It’s only a matter of time before they discover the outstanding warrants and learn that The Owl is owned by none other than the infamous outcast Cyrus Vance.

How will Lady Blackbird and the others escape the hand of sorrow?
What dangers lie in their path?
Will they be able to find the secret lair of the pirate king? If they do, will Uriah Flint accept Lady Blackbird as his bride?
By the time they get there, will she want him to?

Questions to start us off:

Lady Blackbird: Who is Natasha Syri? What do the others know?(Naomi should give us the details on her relationship with you) What do you think your place in this group currently is?

Naomi Bishop: How do you feel about letting your ladyship get kidnapped by the Imperials? How do you know Natasha and come to work for her? Do you know she is Lady Blackbird? Did you serve her before she ran from her arranged marriage or did you find each other later? (your full back story isn't needed, just let us know if you are in on her disguise or if you are fooled by it too)

Cyrus Vance: What will they find when they run your ship's registry through the wireless? Have you seen any imperials you recognize here or who might recognise you? How do you feel about your ship being caught? What's your impression of the lady who hired you and her 'friend'?

Kale Arkam: You always have a few small items with you. Do you have anything concealed at the moment that might prove useful (requires using your secret of concealment)? Did you notice anything when you were taken from the Owl to your current holding cell? Is there anything on this ship you'd love to get your hands on?

Snargle: Do you look like yourself right now? What size and shape have you adopted and have the guards seen you in any other shape as of yet?

Everyone on a first come, first served basis (just one of these per person though):

Are you all in a single cell or multiple ones?
What does your cell look like? Are you shackled?
Have you encountered Captain Hollas before?
Is your cell guarded? By how many guards?

Everyone:

What will you do next?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Curses!" Cyrus muttered to himself. He knew that they'd been pushing their luck on the last run. Kale had been warning him for weeks now that they needed to find some new parts. Once leaving Ilysium, he should've had Snargle fly lower in the atmosphere, closer to the depths, just in case. But he'd allowed himself to be swayed by his concern for his passengers comfort. 'Stop fooling yourself,' Cyrus chided himself, 'It was her you were concerned with.' Even now, when he shut his eyes, he could see her face.

It wasn't the elated, happy face that he saw, the face she had when Ilysium had finally disappeared behind them. No, it was that stricken, haunted face, the empty eyes that came over her when the Hand of Sorrow had appeared in the distant fog behind them, giving chase. Too late to descend into the depths, they had raced the Hand for hours, pushing the Owl to her limits. Kale and Snargle had both put in Hurculean efforts keeping her moving, and that she'd made it this far was incredible. If only the fuel line hadn't burst, dumping most of the gasses into the depths and even worse, into pools and puddles all over the ship. The Owl was dead in the water, and the Hand picked her up as easily as the the sky squid scoops up the deeps worm.

Things would only get worse if they managed to find the smuggling compartments. Moondust was technically a banned substance, but rarely did the Imperial army bother themselves to shut down the trafficking since it was only mildly addictive. It was very popular in the Free Worlds where many believed it augmented their ability to manipulate “Essence” and so it was always an easy cargo to help defray the cost of a voyage. Cyrus doubted it actually worked, he'd never seen any evidence of it, and he refused to touch any narcotic (including alcohol) since he was shanghaied.

Running the registry of the Owl would reveal that it was owned by Cyrus Vance. Even if Captain Hollas didn't have a benefactor in Lord Ash, no captain in the Imperium would throw away an opportunity to bring the “infamous smuggler” Captain Vance back in chains, and a cargo of Moondust was just the excuse they needed. Lord Ash would be very pleased.

Still, things weren't so bad. Captain Hollas was a name unknown to him, and the Hand of Sorrow was a small ship, not the kind to be given to an especially well connected Officer. Captain Hollas wouldn't recognize Cyrus.

Even better, the first lieutenant was a familiar face. Sure, the face was nine years older, nine more years of scars, and the eyes seemed darker then they had been, but it seems Silas Keel was still alive. He'd been one of those few that survived the battle of Manta alongside Cyrus. He'd even testified at the trial where Cyrus had narrowly dodged discharge. Cyrus didn't know if Silas recognized him, he'd averted his eyes so quickly when he boarded the ship. Frankly, Cyrus was more than a little surprised. Lord Ash was not one to forgive grudges, and anyone who remembered his humiliation at Manta was likely to be drummed out (if not eliminated) now that he was in the high command.

Finally, Cyrus had his crew. They were ragged and undisciplined, and hardly people you'd want as character witnesses, but they were the best companions, friends, and crew that a man could ask for. His Owl and her crew were twice the worth of the Hand or any other Imperial ship.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
'Everyday a new surprise and once again it pays to dress well.'

After being led to the holding cell Kale Arkam adjusts her belt taking mental inventory of the items threaded into the design:
minuscule tools
lockpicks
wire-saw

These were woven into the design of the belt, they weren't easy to get out, but they were well hidden.

'These imperials are just as oblivious as anyone. Dress sharply, play along and they'll never suspect a thing.'

'I hope Vance has some ideas, because if we're going to get out of here, we'll need to break out, free the ship, fix the ship AND get fuel.'

'How the hell am I going to do repairs and refuel while everyone is under watch, especially considering that we're not going to get a lot of time here before things escalate? Maybe I can get ahold of one of those Imperial Engineer equipment packs, some state-of-the-art tools would be nice. I could set the fuel lines rather quickly when I don't have to align and weld them by hand...'

'Then I could just... steal some fuel from one of the other ships we passed in the hanger, or see if there's a refueling vehicle unattended?'

'Right, I'll just break out of here without raising alarm, thread my way through this ship without drawing attention to myself and run down to the hangers and ask a mechanic crew where they keep the tools and fuel, I'm sure that'll go over well!'

As the cell door closed and locked, Kale turned to exchange glances with Cyrus and looked around at the others. At least they weren't under too heavy of suspicion and had been left together for now.

~Sigh~

'Okay Vance, we'll wait for your cue.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The benefit of a good long chase with the Hand was that Snargle had plenty of time to change before any of these Imperial twerps clapped eyes on him. He'd donned the appearance of a noble-type he'd known a long time ago; a chap who'd found more fun gambling with vagabonds than attending high society teas.

'Until his Ma married him off...' Snargle recalled. Either way, now the pilot of The Owl was sitting at around 3-feet tall - half is usual height - with a distinct dark, dusky purple colour over the skin. Purple-skins had found their way to nobility along side humans decades ago; apparently the colour was quite regal. The thought made Snargle scoff.

He took a look around, taking stock of the environment, 'Only one guy... an' he don't look all too clever', the guard was not paying keen attention and looked more like he'd been sent down here as punishment too than he was actually bothered to guard the prisoners. He tried to scan the scene for cameras but couldn't see any.

'False flags ain't gonna get us locked up for long... as long as they don't ID the others...'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
mbmbmbmbmb
Exhaustion. Absolutely spent.

I sit, my face to the wall to avoid looking at the others. Spikes of adrenaline had finally ceased to course in sharp whips up my neck, leaving me behind absolutely without, just without.

Without safety. I know that. Count Carlowe had taken that from me a long time ago, his leering eyes and hot, unwelcome breath against my face during interminable dance after dance. Feeling his hands on my back, sliding down my back, up my back when no one could see. Gripping my arms until I finally pleaded with my eyes for release. He would laugh. Tears would prick my eyes. His would gleam.

Proper marriage to a member of the Upper Thousand was a goal for many, and certainly for me an expectation. Blood will out, they say, and ensuring a noble bloodline is as expected as hot tea in my cup and freshly turned sheets on the bed at night. My right. Our due. But every lesson, every lecture, every reminder pushed me farther from this world, at least on the inside. It wasn't enough for me to take part in this, to do my duty, to rectify the sins of my sister and the debts of my father.

Especially when I thought of him. The one who still bothers my dreams, even when I think he's gone away. The dreams that are so real that I awake desperate, pleading with myself to fall asleep again to disappear into this world. As my wedding day grew closer, the dreams grew in clarity and strength, causing me to realize, 'This is a vision.'

The world I knew, or the world I wanted. Maybe. Maybe he's dead. Maybe this is a foolish fantasy of love and security in that man's arms. Whatever it is, it got me here. Locked into a cell with galactic misfits who smell. They think I am Alice Bowen, former housemaid in the Imperial House of Blackbird. I have her clothes. Her identification chip embedded in my arm. My precious secrets locked away.

I close my eyes, cursing the Hand of Sorrow and its mix of energies, ethereal and entirely noxious and earthy. 'If I focus, I can tap into the energy within this ship.'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sarsany
United States
Hillsboro
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alice. Are you well?

Alice! She must believe me to be the most gullible mark in the Wild Blue to think that I would fail to notice hands more accustomed to wearing silk gloves than squeezing a mop for some noble family? Is she the reason we're in this fix? Is she spy? essence dealer? merchant?....noble?

Bah! - focus on the problem at hand, Nae. Sampling your suspicions like tidbits on a pub tray is irrelevant at this point. Back on Ilyrium, If she hadn't forcibly claimed I was a guard for her master's estate (and backed it up with the Blackbird signet ring, nonetheless!), then that swine of an Imperial officer Kyner would most certainly have recognized me from his times off-duty betting on the Pit matches. I may have suspicions about "Alice", but my bond is not given lightly; the Pit made sure of that. The bond remains... unless I smell the stench of betrayal.

Any of you lot notice where they stashed our weaponry?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus took stock of his fellow captives, almost not hearing Kale's query, and winking at Alice's question. Not a suggestive wink, she was a little frightening.

First, taking in Alice who was staring at the wall, 'She reminds me of someone, the way she tilts her head, the way her hair curls... not exactly but....'

Then kicking himself, he shifts his eyes to Kale. 'She's ready, I can tell. Look at her touching lightly her belt, almost too subtle to notice. I wonder what little treasures she has hidden about her today.'

Alice. 'She hasn't started screaming or crying. Maybe she's stronger than she seems. Perhaps after....'

Naomi. 'No puzzle here. She's like a bull... or a panther. Tightly controlled violence. I'm glad she's on my side.'

Alice. 'Such a delicate neck... STOP IT! Not the time nor the place, Cyrus'

Snargle. 'Interesting, disguised as a purple-skin noble. That might work....'

Alice. 'Stop staring you idiot!'

He shakes his head, and glances around the room. It was a small cell, in a small room. Essentially a storage closet turned prison. No windows, one light. The cell itself was about 5 paces wide and 3 paces deep, the room about the same width. The one guard was leaning against the exit, staring blankly at them. With the inkling of an idea in the back of his mind, Cyrus turns to Kale who was still awaiting his response.

“Hey, remember that time Litavu... Good times, huh?”

Cyrus raised his eyebrow and glanced again and again at the light, then thrusting his chin at the soldior, Snargle and then the lock. He raised his eyebrows a few times, then gave a low whistle.

Hoping he got the message across, Cyrus leaned against the bars, lacing his arms through.

“You know, I was shocked when I saw old Lieutenant Keel on the ship. I thought that old war dog would've been dead or captain by now.” The young soldier looked at Cyrus.
“Oh, you're familiar with Silas? Maybe you serve under him? Why, I could tell you stories about that man.” The soldier focused his attention on Cyrus, wary, but curious. Cyrus moves to the wall and leans against it, lowering his voice conspiratorially, forcing the young soldier to come a little closer. "Why, I wasn't much more than your age when I met Keel." Cyrus begins to tell a few stories, attempting to gain some small measure of trust.

“It must be terrible... you joined the marines expecting to see amazing sights, foreign lands, mysterious people. Instead you find yourself riding inside a cruiser picking up small time merchants for petty misdemeanors. Nothing to write home about there. But hey!” Cyrus snaps his fingers as if he just thought of something, “I bet you've never actually met a purple-skin, not up close at least. They're usually surrounded by guards and other such. Now's your chance!” Cyrus could see the curiousity in the young man's eyes.

'Come closer... just a few paces more....'

6custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 2

Alive+Imp Soldier+Soldiers+Connections+Smuggler+Deception=6d

The young man backs away, almost frantically, suspicion flooding his face. He doesn't watch where he's going and trips over a crate, loudly thudding into the wall. He's only slightly dazed, but that noise is sure to get unwanted attention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018435. straydawg
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:28 pm
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Oh, Cyrus, you startled the poor boy!" Snargle stepped in quickly, trying his best to round like the noble he appeared to be...

"See, now, my dear boy, I can't imagine you have met one of my kind before, stuck out here on this rotten old ship. It's a pleasure to meet you, my name is Count Whitethorn, perhaps you've heard of my house?" Snargle offered his small purple hand through the cell bars to the young soldier, hoping to rescue the situation...

6custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 3

Alive+Observation+Distractions+Bluff+Languages+Quick

The young soldier regained his composure and came over and grasped Snargles out-stretched hand with vigour.

"I tell you what, lad, would you be able to arrange me my own cell? I'm not used to such close quarters, you see..."

'If we can get that door open...'
Snargle let the thought trail off as he beamed at the soldier, trying his best to seem friendly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018443. wvelkala
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:07 pm
Michael Sarsany
United States
Hillsboro
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wink at Snargle, hoping he'll interpret it as intended. Who knows with the purple-skinned? My body tenses in anticipation of bull-rushing the door if the opportunity presents itself.

In case the opportunity presents itself...7custom2{0;1}=4]
BASE+fast+living weapon+awareness+disarm+aware+coiled

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018472. TheNameless0ne
  • 7custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:49 pm
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
The guard shakes Snargle's hand and introduced himself.

Guard - "Name's Boyd, sir, err Count Whitethorn, quite a pleasure to meet you though it seems odd that you'd be travelling as such. No guard detail and with such a motley group?"

Kale leans against the back wall and tries to offer a relaxed suggestion to Boyd.

"The Captain and I run a passenger ferry around these parts. Count Whitethorn did pay for a private room and an expedited run on our ship, I can't speak as to his business but maybe you could make him more comfortable while we get the paperwork sorted out with Captain Hollas? We're delayed now but maybe you could help us salvage some reputation on this and give a nobleman some respectable space?"

Giving Snargle 1 pool dice as help to Bluff the guard to open the door.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
The Guard

The soldier shook the nobles' hand, but something felt wrong, though he couldn't put his finger on what, so he carried on shaking the hand. And the hand kept shaking back! The guard looked at the purple noble with puzzlement and tried to extract his hand but it kept on being shaken! His other hand started to move towards his belt.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
GM Question Time!
Lady Blackbird...I mean Natasha...I mean Alice! : Have you noticed the glances the Captain of the smuggler ship keeps giving you?; Do you think your disguise and lies have fooled Naomi?; Are you worried about being locked up in here?

Naomi: What's holding you back girl? You've escaped from harder traps than this while still groggy from sleep!; You definitely did Not travel on The Owl with a purple noble! So you must know he's a goblin - ever seen one of those before? Are they Trustworthy?; Have you noticed the glances that Captain fella keeps giving 'Alice'??

Cyrus: You failed there, alright. Are you used to that? You never used to fail! What's changed? How does failure make you feel?; Why have you not made your infatuation with this Alice woman known?

Kale: Have you noticed the glances the Captain keeps giving Alice?; Have you ever had feelings for Cyrus?; Is Kale straight? If not does either Naomi or Alice take her fancy?; Just what was the Captain hinting at a moment ago and will you act on it?

Snargle: You're still shaking that hand! Have you forgotten about your physical actions because your mind is racing 6 steps ahead in this game of chess?; You don't like people getting hurt, so does that mean you wouldn't pull this guys arm hard into the cell smashing his head against the cell door..? Couldn't you just change shape to be small enough to fit through the gaps? Are you constrained in what you can physically do?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus Vance
Attennnnnn...shun! Cyrus booms in his best drill sergeant voice. He just needs the trooper to hesitate for a second.

I swear, if you don't pay attention, I'm going to break your nose in five places!'

He was furious. It was obvious that this distraction with Lady Alice was to blame for his recent failure, for them getting caught up in the first place. It's just been downhill since he took her aboard. 'That is unacceptable. She's just complicating my mess of a life!

Target 4 as hard (he's already suspicious of me) 9custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) = 4

Alive+Soldier+Tactics+Command+Soldiers+Rank+3Pool=9

The soldier snaps to attention... just for a second.

"Snargle, pull him now, hard!" Cyrus Commands.

Key of the Commander
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018612. straydawg
  • 9custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0) =
  • Target 4 as hard (he's already suspicious of me)
  • Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:01 pm
Michael Sarsany
United States
Hillsboro
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Naomi
Perfect! Just the opening I need. I lunge toward the now-held guard with my fist leading the way and a manic grin on my face, shouting his name to get his face lined up just right

Boyd!

7custom2{0;1} = 4

Base+Pit Fighter+combat-tested+brutal+living weapon+fast+hard
Key of the Warrior

Assuming a 3 was a success...

And if you look at Alice like that again, Cyrus, you're next.

Key of the Guardian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018632. TheNameless0ne
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 0) =
  • Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:48 pm
  • [+]
  • 1018655. TheNameless0ne
  • 1custom2{0;1} =
  • (1) =
  • Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:18 pm
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb

Michael: (to rehash ooc thread in case you missed it) :
You missed the trait out of the roll.
Base + Pit+Fighter + combat tested + brutal + living weapon +fast + hard.

In other words - you get to roll one more dice!!!! (because you forgot the Trait). Edit the post to roll 1custom2{0;1} and see if you can't get a 4th success which will mean you can narrate not just a "basic success" but a "pretty darn good success"

Whatever the result of the extra roll you smack your fist into the guard through the cell door - feel free to narrate how that goes for him and you! (bear in mind snargle had not yet pulled him into the door).

Oh, and if you could please make your spoken text clearer from thought text that would be awesome - stick " " around anything spoken please. Cheers!

Naomi rushes the door, arm outstretched, and delivers a jab to the chin of Boyd that stuns the man completely. He's still conscious, but only just, and goes quite limp only staying upright because Snargle still has hold of his hand!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale gets picky!
Kale dashes up to the door of the cell and starts pulling tools from her belt.

"Let's get out of here."

Kale begins to get to work on the door, trying to break through the lock before anyone else walks down the hall.

Alive+Burglar+Locks+Dextrous+Sneak+1Pool (Target 3)
Lockpick#1 6custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) = 2

Kale curses as she breaks one of the lockpick tools.

"Damnit! Hold on!"

Alive+Burglar+Locks+Dextrous+Sneak+3Pool (Target 4?)
Lockpick#2 8custom2{0;1} = (1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) = 6

The lock disengages and Kale swings open the cell door.

"Finally! Let's pull him inside here quickly!"

"Vance, what do you want to do with Boyd? I'd wager someone's going to miss him soon enough and I've got a lot of fixing to do before we can get the Owl out of here, so you got any big plans yet there Drill Sergeant?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018731. LunaWolvesMan
  • 6custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0 + 1) =
  • Lockpick#1
  • Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:36 am
  • [+]
  • 1018734. LunaWolvesMan
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 1) =
  • Lockpick#2
  • Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:41 am
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The cell door springs open, the guard pinned, Arkham and Vance arguing and sufficiently distracted for my purposes. With their backs to me, I quickly whisper "Go away" at the guard.

Roll for Base + Master Sorcerer + Spellcaster + Stormblood +1pool Target 3 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) = 2

Blast them all to Nightport. I arise, glide over to the guard.

"'Guard, please,'I croon softly, looking into his eyes. 'We are just passing through here. I'm a servant on this ship, being sent to my new master in the Remnants. We don't want trouble. Maybe, we can make a deal for a trade of some sort? Let us go, for, a kiss?'"

I feel the heat of my shipmates' stares on me as I apply my feminine wiles to the guard. The guard's attention fully on me, I lick my bottom lip, and smile with a tremulousness I do not feel internally. This is too easy.

Roll for Base + Cunning +Deception +Misdirection +Disguise +1pool Target 4 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 3

"No? Please? It's been such a long trip." I am getting really annoyed. Living under this paranoia and panic has made my patience wear thin, and I struggle to perform the most basic uses of my abilities.

I look over, see the Captain staring at me. This isn't new, he's been looking at me since I boarded, but now there's something new in his stare. I burst into tears.

I'm not sure if they're real or not. I look to Naomi, my eyes beseeching hers, pleading for help. "Naomi! Please! I need you!" I can't have her leave me, and I'm certain she doesn't believe my professed identity. I collapse. I hope my distress looked authentic. I'm not sure when I'm pretending anymore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018791. funkdonut
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 0 + 1 + 1) =
  • Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:12 am
  • [+]
  • 1018794. funkdonut
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:24 am
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Questions for Lady Blackbird
Alice: Your power just failed to come to you when you needed it. Magic of this magnitude is your birthright! Only Nobles have it, but as such there is a price to pay when you use it. What are the consequences when your Stormblood spells go awry? (Or succeed even!) (personal, or area of effect); Just what does your magic do anyway?; You didn't pump the Channelling, Wind or Lightning in to that spell - what would it mean if you did?; Have you ever failed before?; Tears? Really!? Tears? Are you THAT weak!???? You're a noble, damnit! And everyone should know this and come running to your aid!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
So the door to the cell is now open, though Kale suffered the indignity of breaking a pick in the process. The guard is still, for the moment, hanging limply and barely conscious to the outside of the door, which probably explains why Alice's attempt to seduce him failed miserably.

Snargle is on the other end of an arm on the inside of the door, pinned against the wall while Naomi and Kale crowd around the exit, rubbing shoulders almost like old pals. Cyrus stands to one side, as much as there is a side in this small cell, looking a little lost in the flurry of action.

When you stop to listen for a second you can hear footsteps in the distance just starting to pound down the corridor from the distance.

Question:

Was there just the one entrance into this room with a cell? Because if that's the case you've either got to fight through an unknown number of Imperials or....., well, or what?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shapeshifting...
Snargle, trying to catch up with the speed of the events unfolding around him, felt dismayed the young soldier Boyd had taken a hefty thwack to the face. He'd eventually crumpled to the floor in the confused bundling of him into the cell; Snargle went up to the boy, who looked utterly bewildered at the crying woman in front of him now;

"Terribly sorry, Boyd, my dear fellow; I was hoping we could just come to an agreement without violence."

He gently patted the boy on the forehead, then the shoulder, and ambled over to Vance, whispering carefully, so Boyd didn't hear;

"Cap, if we can 'relieve' this poor boy of his uniform - gently, please - I might be able to pull off his pale, pasty palour..."

Snargle stepped out of the cell, moved out of Boyd's sightline and started to focus on warping, sometimes it can take an unfortunately long time to change and now was not a good time for things to go wrong...

Target 2 because Snargle has Secret of Shape Warping 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 2

Base + Goblin + Warp shape + quick + 1 pool dice

'I really hope there's no hidden cameras watching...' he thought to himself as he grew taller, turned colour and adjusted his features to more fit the human guard he was pretending to be.

The process ripped most of his clothes and now he stood, almost naked, as Alice and Naomi, not familiar with his warping, stared on.

Key of Conscience
Edited for terrible spelling & formatting
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1018945. wvelkala
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • Target 2 because Snargle has Secret of Shape Warping
  • Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:42 pm
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cyrus wakes up
Cyrus shook his head. So much had just happened. Naomi's sudden furious strike at Boyd had shocked him, and then Alice's display. For a precious second, it had stunned him. Now, with adrenalie surging through him, he felt like he was wiping out cobwebs. He could feel the thrill of battle coming over him, and distractions were (finally) starting to fade to the background.

Judging by the sounds coming from the hallway, they only had moments to spare before at least five more troopers came rushing in. Even as Cyrus helps Snargle to strip Boyd of his uniform, he's barking orders.

"Kale, knock out that light, then hide by the door. As soon as they come through, I need you to slip out. Either take out the wireless or make some big distraction. We have to keep them thinking about something OTHER than us, and we have to buy us some time!"

"Snargle, if this ruse doesn't work, you'll need find a way to get away. That hanger is going to be the key to our escape."

Once the uniform jacket is off, Cyrus bundles the soldier into the corner. The role of a purple-skin AND a female first mate in tonight's performance will be played by an unconscious Boyd.

"Naomi, bring Alice back in here!" He barks the order, indicating a spot between the only door and Boyd No reason to give anyone a clear line of site.

Hit: Key of Commander.
I'll role to see if the deception works a little later, since I anticipate there will be some complications, aid, and numerous changing circumstances when it comes time
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Naomi, get Alice back in here!"

This startles me. For a second, I think, who's Alice, and then I remember. She's me. She's not me.

I don't feel like me Lady Blackbird, Imperial Noble and Master Sorcerer. My magic has never failed me, especially on such a minor task. It's not a like a bottle of champagne that pops open as the bubbles burst forth. No, it's like a warmth that suffuses through my body, able to be pushed in different directions to bend the world to my will. I've was born with it, I've trained in it, and I'm worlds class. So what is happening to me?

Naomi grabs my arm, pulling me to the spot Vance indicated. I barely refrain from whimpering from the pain of her grasp. Wait. This should not hurt like this! My arm....the embedded identification chip of one Alice Bowen. The chip that was magicked out of her arm, and into mine. Is it possible that my magic failed because that servant Alice's magicked identity is confusing my own?

Is this why I'm scared, cowering in the corner? Have I become more of Alice than just her clothes? With this realization, I realize how far I've gone from myself. I will never marry Count Carlowe, but I will never be someone of lower status. Enough. I will reveal myself if I need to, but for now, this damn thing is coming out so I can think straight.

I will not fail this.

"I want out of this prison, now!"

I hope my command seems to be the whining complaint of a scared servant. They will not know that I am casting Alice out of me. I am calling Natasha Syri, Lady Blackbird, back.

Roll for Base + Master Sorcerer +Spellcaster +Channeling +1 pool Target 3 5custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 4

Success! My arm heats up, the remains of Alice disintegrating as I push her out of me. I feel my power, feel it course around and through me, unblocked no further.

Naomi feels the sudden rise of heat. Her eyes widen, then narrow, as she feels the surge pass through her as well. Her attention is jerked back to the commotion coming towards us. Her grip on my arm tightens.

I jerk her attention back to me. "Must be the heat from Snargle's transformation." I give her my most imperialist stare. She blinks. I push more power into her. She nods.

Hit: Key of the Impostor

Finish

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1019412. funkdonut
  • 5custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:52 am
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale Arkam smooth operator...
Kale begins to prepare for company.

"Don't want to be too obvious about this..."

Kale reaches up to the lights above, rather than simply breaking the lights she disconnects one and partially unseats the connection on the other, causing the light to flicker and hopefully give a sense of a mechanical failure rather than sabotage.

"Alright Vance, I'll try to disrupt their network, that should buy us some time. Snargle's got the keys now so maybe lock yourselves in until these guards relax. I'll do my best to distract them away."

Kale moved into the unoccupied cell across the hall and did her best to conceal herself before the guards rushed in.

Alive+Burglar+Quiet+Sneak+Hide+Darkness+2Pool(2 pool remaining)
Hide from incoming guards 8custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1019854. LunaWolvesMan
  • 8custom2{0;1} =
  • (1 + 1 + 0 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 1) =
  • Hide from incoming guards
  • Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:23 pm
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's something in the air...
Something prickled at Snargle's skin; that heat wasn't just from shape warping. 'It's not Kale or Vance, I've known them too long to miss something like this, which leaves...'

Snargle's eyes land on the two women just as Alice is releasing the brute Naomi's arm, the shadows of an intense glare just leaving her eyes and Naomi seeming all too agreeable.

'Essence!'

He hadn't questioned Vance when he'd brought the two women aboard on this latest trip to The Remnants but now he knew why something felt off about her; about Alice. She's noble, she must be, that sort of power and having picked her up on Elysium? Stormblood.

The sound of guards stomping towards the room grew louder, 'Need to look as human as possible, FOCUS!' He hadn't got the best look at Boyd before so this was best endeavours and a hope he could get away with it.

He grabbed the guard's hat finally and pulled it down as low as it could go without looking suspicious.

Snargle ushered the rest of the crew back into the cell, locking the door and slipping the keys back to Vance. As Vance moves to sit, Snargle grabs his wrist and whispers;

"Watch her," he nods in Alice's direction subtly, "She's no servant, Cap."

With that he stands back, to avoid suspicion, cheerfully exclaims,

"So, how do I look? Pretty dapper, right?"
Tries to hit Key of Banter

Roll to check how convincing Snargle's shapewarp looks as Boyd
Sly + Crafty + Sneaky + Distractions + Bluff + 1 pool dice

(Target 3 as he's in a rush) 6custom2{0;1} = (1 + 1 + 1 + 0 + 0 + 0) = 3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]