Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Rai:
Quote:
Apologies if I'm not posting the same time as others, think i'm in a different time zone!

No worries. I'm sure we'll settle into a rhythm. And if what I think needs to happen happens, we'll soon be breaking up into smaller groups. Just too much to do and too little time to do it before the wire comes back

-Kathleen

Quote:
What about adding something thing like "In Progress" on a post? Meaning, You make an initial post on the IC thread that just says "In Progress." Then, you take your turn, submitting to check dice rolls as necessary. When finished overall, just make a note at the bottom that says "End" or something similar?

I like the idea of adding an "in progress" at the end of the post when you're still working on it. As long as we update to either remove the "in progress" or to say "done" to let anyone else know, it should work great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sarsany
United States
Hillsboro
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick post to give you all a heads up. I'm MIA today and Saturday. Will post as-needed Friday evening (Central Standard Time, USA ... London time minus 6 hours)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bifford "Bring back Ernie" (Sam)
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
http://www.seaxeandsorcery.co.uk
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheers for the heads up Michael

In Progress idea is cool.

Kathleen - love your Star Wars references in above posts. Totally get that. Just don't kiss your brother, okay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Please check out my student game design Geeklists! You rock!
mbmbmbmbmb
If it furthers the plot, I will.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
wvelkala wrote:

wvelkala previously rolled 5custom2{0;1} = (0 + 0 + 1 + 0 + 1) = 2 (Target 2 because Snargle has Secret of Shape Warping)
Base + Goblin + Warp shape + quick + 1 pool dice
Key of Conscience
Also going to use my Secret of the Lucky Break to keep hold of that pool dice for another time!

Roll is perfect, explanation of why it's a 2 target is great.

However do not waste your Secret of the Lucky Brek on a roll where you only spend one pool dice, in a situation that isn't do or die! Save that for another time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Loved that post, Kathleen! I never would have thought of dual-personality because of an ID chip!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
Loved that post, Kathleen! I never would have thought of dual-personality because of an ID chip! :)

Magic's tricky, see.

Thanks. Will be interesting to see how she responds fully in control of her noble self.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bifford wrote:
...do not waste your Secret of the Lucky Brek on a roll where you only spend one pool dice, in a situation that isn't do or die! Save that for another time!

Right-o! Will do

-----

On another topic - how does everyone feel if Snargle can somehow sense Natasha's Stormblood power? Relevant/non-relevant? Might add a bit of 'spice' if he's suspicious of her?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

On another topic - how does everyone feel if Snargle can somehow sense Natasha's Stormblood power? Relevant/non-relevant? Might add a bit of 'spice' if he's suspicious of her?

I'm fine to have other players make decisions that shape other character's personalities as well as decisions. I can roll with it, helps to keep the different characters connected. My focus has basically been on Naomi because of my galactic pity party, but that will change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

With Snargles deep empathy for others, it would fall in line with his character to be able to send emotional changes... And that would be a HUGE emotional change. The extent of his empathy is something we could play with, to the point where his emotional connection is related to the essence itself, and able to sense changes in the very essence of a person.

Hows that for engineering/nerding it up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kale's hidden herself and hopefully done as much to allay suspicion as she can when those guards come in.

I'm pausing my own narration there to allow Snargle to get in some work on his disguise and see if anyone has some other curves/ideas they want to throw in before those guards bust in.

I'm trying to strike the balance of moving the story along, being an active participant and also leaving open space for someone else to pickup, so let me know if i'm managing that well, or not so well.

Edit - I'm leaving my hiding open to interpretation and other character interaction. If not much else goes wrong I'll assume that I can sneak away with that roll, if something else comes up maybe I'll need to roll to get out as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Snargle
Phew! Snargle looks the part; there's a relief.

I'll wait for anyone else who wants to add anything before 'greeting' the incoming guards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they're about to burst in on us. If there are any last things to be done, now's the time to do it, but we're pretty much out of time.

I've set up the conditions as best I could to let Snargle pull off his ruse, and to let Kale sneak by. Hope it works!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sarsany
United States
Hillsboro
IL - Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A sort of farewell....
I'm sorry gang, but I think I may need to drop out of this. I geekmailed Sam and let him know as well.

This PBF is not quite what I expected...I guess I expected more of an old school "running through a pre-made module" sort of experience, where the setting is clearly defined and your character has to work with what he or she is given. This format is much more open, with little world creation done ahead of time and the onus of that falling upon the players.

I can certainly appreciate this type of experience, it's just that I don't have the time to devote to that type of game play. If I could post at work, then I would have the luxury of time, but spending 10+ hours each day at a client site (I'm a software consultant), I just can't and ultimately I would slow down the whole experience for you all. Such is life.

Thank you all for the opportunity to experience this - however brief it was for me. I will be lurking over the next few months as I'm interested to see how the plot unfolds with such a talented, creative group.

Michael (formerly Naomi) :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
I will reiterate what I said to Michael in my geekmail - I hope he sticks with us to read the journey and he is welcome to comment here as he sees fit during the game. Feel free to post ideas and discuss things if you want, Michael.

And I look forward to seeing you in other threads etc on RPGGeek.

Take care, mate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem. Good luck in future endeavors!

How do we want to handle the loss of Naomi? Should we recruit someone to fill the slot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
England
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Bifford the Youngest
mbmbmbmbmb
Joline has already agreed.

If I know her, she's waiting a respectful length of time after Michael's post before saying "hi"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And Sam does know me.. (I've been reading up on your posts even before Michael's post)

Hi all! I'm Joline, 31 years old and from The Netherlands. I'm right now staying at home with our 1-year-old while also part-time finishing my PhD, so my online playing times are variable depending on the little one and deadlines .
Last time I joined Sam's game for the newbie initiative and had a wonderful time, so this time I expressed my interest as well, but couldn't join because I'm of course not a newbie anymore. So, although I'm sad Michael had to step out of your game, I'm very happy to get the chance to join. I'm involved in quite a few RPGs nowadays, mainly story-telling games, but hoping to cut back a bit within a few weeks (several games are in their end-stage).

Oh yes and English is my second language, so if there's ever something very strange language-wise, just let me know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael, sad to see you go! Hope to see you occasion here on the forum.

Joline, great to meet you. I'm looking forward to having an "adventure" with you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt L.
United States
Seahurst
Washington
flag msg tools
I have text here
badge
So important!
mbmbmbmbmb
Michael Farewell!

Joline, welcome!

I think everyone's had a moment in our scramble to prepare for the guards? I feel like I could write a fair bit at this point but does anyone have any specific ideas with the guards/scenario either that you'd like me to include or points where you'd like to jump in?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Mercury
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ready for whatever action you want to take. Still hanging back, trying to keep my cover of a servant girl.

Of course, sexy Gandalf is ready for whatever she needs to do.

(Not sure Gandalf is the right wizard to suggest, but it gave me a chance to say "sexy Gandalf.")
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've done everything I can for the moment. As for me, I say "Let them come!" (I say that in a very Cyrus-esque voice.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Of course, sexy Gandalf is ready for whatever she needs to do.

Saying "sexy Gandalf" should definitely count for something! My mission in life is now to work that into the IC thread somehow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rai Furniss
United Kingdom
Birmingham
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunaWolvesMan wrote:

I think everyone's had a moment in our scramble to prepare for the guards? I feel like I could write a fair bit at this point but does anyone have any specific ideas with the guards/scenario either that you'd like me to include or points where you'd like to jump in?

Only thing I thought, which is why I gave Vance the keys, is Snargle might get 'relieved of duty' for being a clutz of a guard.

---

Goodbye, Michael; hallo Joline!

---
EDIT:
Having just looked back at the IC thread, the post I wrote up yesterday appears not to have posted cry

I will have to rewrite it again later boo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kerr
United States
West Jordan
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remembered my last thing! I figured it might be good for us to be able to meet back up at SOME point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [9] |